Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh (19864 Views)

Arunmah Oteh's Annual Working Assets are More Than Nigeria's / Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack / FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by livapul86(m): 8:19am On Mar 21, 2012
@djustice: Am quite impressed with your insight. The truth is, there is absolutely NOTHING OUTRAGEOUS with the bill. For goodness sake, this is a woman that has been a Vice president at African development bank. Please lets be objective, personally am not rich and can't afford that sort of lifestyle, doesn't mean I would hate on someone who by virtue of her hardwork and exalted position is entitled to the good things of life. There is no case here, carry your hate somewhere else.
Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by Akainzo(m): 8:33am On Mar 21, 2012
livapul86: @djustice: Am quite impressed with your insight. The truth is, there is absolutely NOTHING OUTRAGEOUS with the bill. For goodness sake, this is a woman that has been a Vice president at African development bank. Please lets be objective, personally am not rich and can't afford that sort of lifestyle, doesn't mean I would hate on someone who by virtue of her hardwork and exalted position is entitled to the good things of life. There is no case here, carry your hate somewhere else.

Would you in the same breadth say the same about Ibori, since this is someone by virtue of hard work had risen to the post of Governor of a state, even ruled for 8 years, so he should be entitled to the good things of life?

Eh wait, all our senior public officials are entitled to the good things of life, so we should just let them spend and enjoy life. Right?
Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by ZUBY77(m): 8:45am On Mar 21, 2012
Akainzo:

Would you in the same breadth say the same about Ibori, since this is someone by virtue of hard work had risen to the post of Governor of a state, even ruled for 8 years, so he should be entitled to the good things of life?

Eh wait, all our senior public officials are entitled to the good things of life, so we should just let them spend and enjoy life. Right?

Blockhead, how dare you compare elective position with appointments ? Ibori is a thief. There is no record of this woman stealing anything from her employees. She merely had a meal, expensive meal, which i am sure the likes of screen whores like mercy johnson and ini edo are enjoying. Everybody is not supposed to be poor.
Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by ayox2003: 8:47am On Mar 21, 2012
I think NLers need to channel their anger to our "legislooters". They signed another 38.8bn last week. What for?
I know a LG Chairman that spent 6months in a hotel. And who pays the bill?
Do you know how much our Senators pay aristos-babes overnight? I wonder why this woman is being poked.
Maybe because we are very far from the ''polithiefcians''.
Four people ate a meal of 85k and we are all shouting. Do the math.
Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by mapet: 8:57am On Mar 21, 2012
I baffle at the reasoning capacities of some of you guys(this is why intellectual discourse is fast declining on NairaLand). Please note the following
1. No matter the dint of hardwork you claim Oteh has and the good life she's entitled to, she should do such with her Salary and other entitlements and not SEC's which is tax-payers money.
2. If it were a private organization, we could probably tone it down a bit, even at that little financial recklessness that were left unchecked in the private sector brought down these companies.
3. This like this all over the world has brought down captains of industries, CEOs who spent companies money on personal expenses, CEOs whose submitted questionable expense tickets etc.
4. Have you guys ever wondered if you run an outfit and your manager produces and expense ticket of 20k for a meal at Jevlink (which on the average should not be more than 2k) Will that show you a sign of a responsible manager
5. Everything Oteh has worked hard for has been "compensated" by the appointment, huge wages and allowances. Auditors and any other approved regulatory body has the right to question extravagant and questionable spending that goes beyond this limit.
Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by mapet: 8:59am On Mar 21, 2012
...and how many lived in Transcorp Hilton for 8months instead of the normal 28days
ayox2003:
Four people ate a meal of 85k and we are all shouting. Do the math.
Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by PHIPEX(m): 9:00am On Mar 21, 2012
The questions we should be asking are; is She entitled to hosting fellow regulator from other countries in such a hotel? My answer is YES. Does a plate of food cost that much in that hotel? I still answer YES. This is a DG that regulates the likes of Dangotes and Otedolas with investments in trillions of Naira and some of us are complaining of hosting her guests with 91k. This is far less than d amount some companies spend on a lunch with their Contractors. It's either some of us are insane or incredibly stupid. Can you imagine complaining that our Senate president spent 100k to host d Senate presidents of Six countries? I hope poverty of d mind is not contagous on NL? Theseegislators decended too low!

1 Like

Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by VULCAN(m): 9:04am On Mar 21, 2012
Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by ayox2003: 9:08am On Mar 21, 2012
mapet: ...and how many lived in Transcorp Hilton for 8months instead of the normal 28days
And how many presidents spend 1bn on food annually?
Lets just handle issues with fairness.
Didnt we know about our politicians lavish spending? A woman is now being fin.gered for spending 8months in a hotel when Customs officers are giving their aristos houses in Abuja.
Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by KnowAll(m): 9:14am On Mar 21, 2012
[quote] [b][/b]Its interesting that some people would rush into the fray and say she was eating with official guests! Even without any form of evidence. They are Probably her beneficiaries cos even Sherlock Holmes looking at this bill would know dat its for one person.

Or tell me how 6 people will share a glass of chapman??[quote]

Good observation, especially your glass of chapman insight??
Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by koolkodes: 9:20am On Mar 21, 2012
My thoughts on this.
(1) It’s obvious the house has not been transparent in the probe,
(2) Where did the initial false sum of (N 825,000) come from?
(3) its clear the N84,500 bill wasn’t for one person, not if madam was washing her hands with 7up, star and scratching her back with fresh crayfish and lobster
(4) I would love to know the kind of people she hosted, but for her office it is not out of place to host such investor that would help our failing economy at hilton and the price would not be out of place if this were so.
(5) There is a bright argument about using tax payers money for this purpose, but would strategic investor decisions be made over a plate of jollof rice at TFC, KFC or sweet sensation or going by the perceived judgment here over a plate of amala and gbegiri at iya ope food canteen? Let’s be fair and objective about this.
(6) The market crashed way before this woman assumed office and I honestly doubt that it was her N84,500 food at Hilton that crashed the Nigeria capital market in 2010.
This is a sensitive matter that requires our good judgment. I’d expect the house to throw up more critical matters or issues in the probe. Not a fight over how much was spent over food.
Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by njanka: 9:25am On Mar 21, 2012
what makes this bill authentic?
Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by ZUBY77(m): 9:27am On Mar 21, 2012
I have said it, this is all bull. Some reps are bent on removing her because she refused to give them a 44million naira bribe. Hosting 6 business reps with 500 dollars is cheap IMO. This woman is really economical.
Poor me used to go to discotheks in Europe with 1000 euro and waste it on Moet & Chandon. A bottle costs almost 300 euro in Savanah Night club in Berlin.
Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by Oluchia(f): 9:31am On Mar 21, 2012
Nigerians!!! We all need to get rid of our bitterness. Is the probe supposed to be on the Capital Market or on how much she spent on a meal in Transcorp? Poverty has realy eaten deep in us that we cannot reason objectively once its money issue and the NAS knows this. That is why they're using this whole saga to incite Nigerians and divert their attentions from the real issues on ground. Nairaland is evident of that fact.
Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by PHIPEX(m): 9:34am On Mar 21, 2012
VULCAN: 1111
I want to believe that they are official guests cos it did nt occure everyday. Infact it may even be once.
Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by livapul86(m): 9:37am On Mar 21, 2012
Akainzo:

Oga Akainzo: We should be very sincere with ourselves here. There is no correlation between her and Ibori that was tried and convicted of stealing huge sums of money.The supposed 'offence' we are so desperate to hang this woman for is a ONE time dinner with six guests for which the SEC has provided details of it being in official capacity. 91000, by six persons comes to about #15000 per person. How can you term such embezzlement? I have never been to the Hilton but a clear and dispassionate analysis of the receipt points to what is obtainable in hotels of similar standing.
Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by ambyzown(m): 9:44am On Mar 21, 2012
djustice:

Yes you are the only one who saw N245k on the receipt posted. Must you expose your stupidity in an attempt to blackmail this woman? What is your beef with this N91k bill, that your now desperately conjuring figures that do not exist on it Fire burn you and yours for this attempt to misdirect and mislead other Nigerians into a lynch mob. Moronic nama shagging mallam!!

Am I surprised at your response? Hell No. What else should I expect from an uncivilized, uncouth and benighted nonentity, seeking relevance through free online media such as this.

Go take another look at the invoice, and you will find (if your incompetent brain can comprehend it) the following charges indicated there.

1. N78,700.00 for first course
2. N90,500.00 for second course
3. N91,400.00 for desserts

If you add these up, you will surely get N245,500.00

Please go get a life.
Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by livapul86(m): 9:49am On Mar 21, 2012
[quote author=KnowAll][/quote]

Very poor observation if I may add, its not COMPULSORY that everyone at the table would take Chapman. Guys, be objective.
Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by akpanbaba: 9:57am On Mar 21, 2012
Walahi this shows that this woman cannot cook good food.
Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by akpanbaba: 10:03am On Mar 21, 2012
This country is really in bad shape.How could people in this forum be supporting the woman?.This truly a case of bad manager.
Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by smoothlips(m): 10:40am On Mar 21, 2012
Honestly I think the bill is modest...It's Transcorp for God sake, the bill would have been higher if it were Sheraton or Nicon luxury
Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by emmatok(m): 11:01am On Mar 21, 2012
Oluchia: Nigerians!!! We all need to get rid of our bitterness. Is the probe supposed to be on the Capital Market or on how much she spent on a meal in Transcorp? Poverty has realy eaten deep in us that we cannot reason objectively once its money issue and the NAS knows this. That is why they're using this whole saga to incite Nigerians and divert their attentions from the real issues on ground. Nairaland is evident of that fact.

I guess the the-same poverty has eaten your brain.

How can a woman spend N245,500.00 on meal, in a third world country like Nigeria and you expect us not to complain.

The irony is that she is not spending her personal money but tax payers money.

She should try do that in US or UK and see if she won't resign in 48 hours.
Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by emmatok(m): 11:02am On Mar 21, 2012
ambyzown:

Am I surprised at your response? Hell No. What else should I expect from an uncivilized, uncouth and benighted nonentity, seeking relevance through free online media such as this.

Go take another look at the invoice, and you will find (if your incompetent brain can comprehend it) the following charges indicated there.

1. N78,700.00 for first course
2. N90,500.00 for second course
3. N91,400.00 for desserts

If you add these up, you will surely get N245,500.00

Please go get a life.

100+

1 Like

Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by Pennywise(m): 11:18am On Mar 21, 2012

1 Like

Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by brainpulse: 12:05pm On Mar 21, 2012
djustice:

Your stupidity is pitiable. You clearly cannot even begin to grasp the kind of world we're talking about here, from the hovel you're typing this rubbish from. It's not your fault. I blame Obasanjo, Cornelius Adebayo and Chukwu Ndukwe for making it possible for you to access and abuse the internet like this. Ignorance and poverty are a deadly combination. I eat like that from my own purse, so I have no doubt that she does too. I wouldn't have stayed at the Hilton though, as I consider it rowdy and a bit of a mammy market type of hotel. I prefer the smaller but well appointed Protea Asokoro, and maybe dinner at the Hilton.

Work hard young fool, and you may one day earn enough to spend it the way we do. Otherwise, you will die hating. Ode.

I know you at home still looking for Job and your father is still feeding you from his pension funds and you are always dreaming that one day you will be in her position during the same thing. When you start sweating for money and the government slashes your wages with Tax you will appreciate everything wrong with a woman of immoral culture
Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by dimusky: 12:52pm On Mar 21, 2012
nothing special with bill really
Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by baslone: 1:43pm On Mar 21, 2012
dimusky: nothing special with bill really

Sure cos you live it everyday!
Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by Omen100(m): 1:55pm On Mar 21, 2012
before any of us open our various months to pour out shit, first we must must understand that, there is what is called feeding allowance, housing allowance and every other allowances.
what she has done is completely wrong and we must say it the way it is otherwise we are fooling ourselves, this not about jonathan, sambo, david mark or any other person but Ms. Otten, the truth here is that she is not entitle to those consumables, she should be made to also refund those money just as the stupid committee chairman is made to. angry angry angry
Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by b0dnel: 3:35pm On Mar 21, 2012
People are stupid- Its obviously for 4 people. Cant you see there 4 salmon, creme bulee etc. Plus the hotel is expensive so what are you people saying?? Thats even small compared to what others are doing for ridiculous things such as putting a charge for "opening facebook account". At least this one you can trace it. I actually don't think this is a problem at all cos she CLEARLY had guests.
Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by baslone: 3:40pm On Mar 21, 2012
OTHERS DEY DO AM SO WE SHOULD SHUT UP!!!

SEE MENTALITY!! shocked
Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by djustice: 4:11pm On Mar 21, 2012
brainpulse:

I know you at home still looking for Job and your father is still feeding you from his pension funds and you are always dreaming that one day you will be in her position during the same thing. When you start sweating for money and the government slashes your wages with Tax you will appreciate everything wrong with a woman of immoral culture

grin grin grin grin grin grin Ha ha ha ha!! Na poverty go kill you die. You need to see how I'm living, son. I directly provide gainful employment for over 700 individuals, and indirectly for hundreds of others in the neighbourhood. I never reach dem Femi Otedola and Aliko Dangote level, but I'm aiming to be better in a few years, WITHOUT their debt profile. Real wealth is what I'm dealing with, son, and I pray for you that you get to at least 10% of where I am today before you croak.

I do sweat for my money, and I like to spend it well too. I see no reason why any yeye government would give me a position and now expect me to live beneath the standards I've achieved and am accustomed to, just so they can pretend to be prudent with public funds. I don't steal, and never will, even if in government, but I won't live beneath my status either. That's why I've consistently refused to take up public appointments and government contracts. At least, no one can accuse me of stealing money I'm very obviously working hard for. Pele, akushe!

1 Like

Re: See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh by djustice: 4:15pm On Mar 21, 2012
emmatok:

I guess the the-same poverty has eaten your brain.

How can a woman spend N245,500.00 on meal, in a third world country like Nigeria and you expect us not to complain.

The irony is that she is not spending her personal money but tax payers money.

She should try do that in US or UK and see if she won't resign in 48 hours.

First it was over N800k. Now, even with the bill in their very faces, saying N91k, they still have to make it 6 figures, to make it more sensational. God will punish all of you one by one for the wickedness in your hearts towards this woman. She may not be innocent ofor all we know, but the evidence does not support your wild claims. By the way, before you start with your yeye ethnic prejudice, I am Yoruba, omo ile Kaaro O ji ire, for sure. Not Ibo. So don't even start that one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pick Sule Lamido As Your Presidential Candidate - Femi Aribisala Advises PDP / COAS Appointment Is A Missed Opportunity For Unity - Farooq A. Kperogi / Obiano Orders Police To Treat Roaming Herdsmen As Criminals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.