Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,372 members, 7,868,096 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 10:44 AM

Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) (32388 Views)

Who Are The Current Hottest Romance -land Couples? / Romance Section Battles 1. / Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 9:05pm On Apr 27, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Dem say u sick wetin happen? U get belle ni? shocked

Mad woman,I no get belle o.

Hey i have an issue with you angry
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Idowuogbo(f): 9:39pm On Apr 27, 2012
freecocoa: Mad woman,I no get belle o.

Hey i have an issue with you angry
Wetin happen? Werrin me does na cry
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 10:18pm On Apr 27, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Wetin happen? Werrin me does na cry
can't talk here,will mail you when i can,right now i'm too weak but just know i no happy sha.sad
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Idowuogbo(f): 10:25pm On Apr 27, 2012
freecocoa: can't talk here,will mail you when i can,right now i'm too weak but just know i no happy sha.sad
No mail me ooo,eyes dey mail.

I go gsm u

Oshamo!!!
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 10:28pm On Apr 27, 2012
Idowuogbo:
No mail me ooo,eyes dey mail.

I go gsm u

Oshamo!!!
No wahala then but make am like moro cos now you no go hear me well,my voice don travel,I pray make e come back moro sha.sad
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Idowuogbo(f): 10:33pm On Apr 27, 2012
freecocoa: No wahala then but make am like moro cos now you no go hear me well,my voice don travel,I pray make e come back moro sha.sad
Eya d tin hol u wella o! Who u kiss? Cougar or MBJ? Tell me so I fit isolate one of dem. tongue
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 10:39pm On Apr 27, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Eya d tin hol u wella o! Who u kiss? Cougar or MBJ? Tell me so I fit isolate one of dem. tongue
Cou-kini?abeg o,see my armpit hair no dey there o undecided

But i think i'll feel berra if MBJ kisses me,damn now i wanna kiss.tongue
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Idowuogbo(f): 10:57pm On Apr 27, 2012
freecocoa: Cou-kini?abeg o,see my armpit hair no dey there o undecided

But i think i'll feel berra if MBJ kisses me,damn now i wanna kiss.tongue
Asewooooo !!!!! shebi u say u sick ni? Now u are indirectly sending waves to MBJ abi? I no u wanna see his kini, jus wi-fi me if u see am o! cheesy
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 11:20pm On Apr 27, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Asewooooo !!!!! shebi u say u sick ni? Now u are indirectly sending waves to MBJ abi? I no u wanna see his kini, jus wi-fi me if u see am o! cheesy
grin

I wan get well sharply nah and his kiss would help,no worry been working on seeing the kini wink,na pix i go bluetooth give you tongue.

Night ojare,need to rest.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Idowuogbo(f): 11:22pm On Apr 27, 2012
freecocoa: grin

I wan get well sharply nah and his kiss would help,no worry been working on seeing the kini wink,na pix i go bluetooth give you tongue.

Night ojare,need to rest.
Nite my asanwa! Chop kiss mpeke! peke!

Hala u 2mos kiss
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Tinkybabe(f): 1:17am On Apr 28, 2012
Nice story,I'm loving the twists and unpredictability.You are such a good writer and you do this for fun?whew!I can almost relate with the characters,the description is so vivid.Infact,kudos to you!Erm pls keep the story coming..much love sweetie
@freecocoa,sorry bout your illness,hope you're getting better.your contribution to the thread makes it more interesting and being down is the last thing I wish you.get well soon dear.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Pelumiv(m): 1:55am On Apr 28, 2012
@ Naijasexxy, 9ice one. Good story and lovely writeup. @ Freecocoa, wetin do u? hope u are feeling ok by now and hw about yr decision abt being a witnesses?
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 4:15am On Apr 28, 2012
She’d been sitting on the verandah for fifteen minutes when she saw Cindy and Ibro walking out of the hostel gate and towards the academic area of school. They were walking side by side with Ibrahim’s right hand stretched across Cindy’s shoulders. Jealousy sliced through Simi’s soul as she watched them approach her, but she quickly rebooted her brain and discarded all trivial thoughts that were creeping in. This was not the time to be petty, they had just lost a friend and that was what mattered most- at least for now.

Simi rose in one quick move and turned towards their direction as she dusted off sand grains that pinched against the back of her jeans. She could tell that Cindy had been crying. Her eyes were puffy and swollen. Large eye bags had formed under her oval-shaped eyes and her pupils looked somewhat constricted. Ibro, on the other hand, looked tired and worn out- like a sinner who had made ten trips to hell and back.

Lacking the right words to say, or the capacity to think of anything to relieve any of the pain from Cindy, Simi ran to Cindy and wrapped her in a tight embrace. Ibrahim disengaged his hands from Cindy’s nape and let the two girls grieve as he went over to occupy the spot on the verandah where Simi had sat. Simi tried to fight the tears back but she was losing the battle. Seeing Cindy sob had re-awoken the anguish she had felt when she saw Nat’s lifeless body.

“Simi they killed him..” Cindy said shakily. “Nathaniel did not deserve to die that way..”
“Noooo. He didn’t. My friend is gone. Nathaniel is gone, Simi.”
All Simi could do was nod. She couldn't possibly comfort Cindy when she had not been able to comfort herself. The tears kept flowing from both girls, without restrain.

It was at that point that Ibro got up and joined them in what had become a group hug. Nathaniel was his best friend, his brother; he was a part of his life. They had shared a very strong bond that no one had been able to break. He was yet to come to terms with his death but he had to be strong around the girls. He couldn’t cry in their presence, he would grieve when he was alone.
He told the girls that he had to leave and saw to it, that they went back to their room. He hugged Cindy one final time and said goodbye to her. He had noticed that Simi was trying to establish eye contact with him but had deliberately frustrated all her attempts and as such, he left the room after hugging Cindy, without speaking a single word to Simi.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 4:18am On Apr 28, 2012
Tinkybabe: Nice story,I'm loving the twists and unpredictability.You are such a good writer and you do this for fun?whew!I can almost relate with the characters,the description is so vivid.Infact,kudos to you!Erm pls keep the story coming..much love sweetie
@freecocoa,sorry bout your illness,hope you're getting better.your contribution to the thread makes it more interesting and being down is the last thing I wish you.get well soon dear.

Ah! This means a lot to me. Thank you very much. Yes dear, I do it for fun. lol. Let's just say I love to get lost in my own imagination and this story is a product of that.

Pelumiv: @ Naijasexxy, 9ice one. Good story and lovely writeup. @ Freecocoa, wetin do u? hope u are feeling ok by now and hw about yr decision abt being a witnesses?

Thank you very much Pelumi. smiley
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 4:54am On Apr 28, 2012
The days that followed were centered on mourning the demise of Nathaniel. Cindy and Ibrahim had reported at the police station a couple of times as investigations were underway. Nathaniel’s parents wanted the culprits caught and imprisoned so the Police were on their feet. Simi had learned that the girl who had died was Nathaniel’s girlfriend but the other guy who was shot had no relationship with Nathaniel whatsoever.

Witnesses had come to testify that Nathaniel had been strolling, in the company of his girlfriend and the unidentified guy, on University Avenue when two masked, hefty guys approached him. They’d exchanged a couple of words when Nathaniel was pushed to the floor. They hadn’t killed him immediately, in fact, it seemed as though they had been demanding something from Nathaniel and when he was reluctant to release whatever it was they wanted, they shot him and his girlfriend. The other guy was allowed to go unharmed initially and was ordered to run away from the vicinity. No sooner had he began running off than one of the masked guys chased after him and shot him at close range. They had sped off on a bike that had come out from a corner to pick them, once the killings were executed.No one knew how credible the accounts given by various witness were, but at least the Police had some information to work with and that counted for something.

Midterm tests and lab exams would start the next week so Simi had to concentrate on school work. It was crazy how time flew at jet-speed. It seemed like just yesterday when she’d been matriculating, that same day she’d met Ibro, and now first semester was coming to an end. She’d achieved a lot that term, her grades thus far were where she wanted them to be and she’d built strong relationships with most of her professors. She was, however, discontent about the fact that she’d not been able to get Ibro.

Just when she thought she’d drawn up a concrete plan to help her secure a place in his life, Nathaniel’s passing came and ruined it all. She would allow herself and, her pursuit of Ibro, some time. It was apparent that everyone needed their space and privacy and she didn’t want to be pushy nor come across as inconsiderate and senseless. All plans would have to hold until New Year, so she would have at least one month to re-evaluate herself and make proper and cautious decisions. She would however keep Ibro’s phone number. She was sure it would come in handy in the nearest future. That number was the only implement she had in this seemingly unachievable task, and she would use it wisely.

All she needed was time and opportunity. With those factors working to her advantage, Ibro would be wrapped around her finger in the shortest while.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 6:03am On Apr 28, 2012
lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 28, 2012
^^ What's wrong? undecided
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by kittykat1(f): 12:09pm On Apr 28, 2012
Pls write faster. Also try to put links to all the parts on the first page.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 28, 2012
^^ I am sorry, I go at my own pace. It takes time to think about these things, you know. And it is one whole story that is not divided into parts so I am not sure I understand you when you say I should put links on the first page?
Thanks.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by kittykat1(f): 12:28pm On Apr 28, 2012
To makeit easier to read. For someone who didn't follow from the time u started. Sometimes swimming thru the comments to locate the new writing is not easy. One could essily miss new posts.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 28, 2012
^ Okay, gotcha. Will do as you have said ma'am.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Idowuogbo(f): 12:33pm On Apr 28, 2012
kitty kat: Pls write faster. Also try to put links to all the parts on the first page.
Eeemmmh.... Madam she no b robot na, write fast ke? Abeg cool down,dis wan na authentic not copy and pastor u hia! tongue
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 28, 2012
^ Lol, Idowu. That got me ROTFL.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by kittykat1(f): 12:34pm On Apr 28, 2012
^ u won't understand. The tori sweet well well
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Idowuogbo(f): 12:39pm On Apr 28, 2012
kitty kat: ^ u won't understand. The tori sweet well well
Yeye gal! It dey do u like glucose abi? grin

@9jaoyoyo
Where is my cocoalario? cry
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 28, 2012
^^ I think Cocoa is not feeling well. sad sad sad
I have not "seen" her this morning. undecided undecided cry
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Tinkybabe(f): 1:14pm On Apr 28, 2012
kitty kat: ^ u won't understand. The tori sweet well well
The tori sweet no be small.I check this page every minute for updates.weldone my sweet naijasexy wink

1 Like

Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by bukatyne(f): 1:35pm On Apr 28, 2012
kisshello naijasexy, i ve been following ur story n it is very beautiful! u have a very creative imagination. keep it up!

1 Like

Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 28, 2012
The dark room where he sat was filled with thick, grey clouds of smoke that rose from the burning end of his half-smoked Benson cigarette. He couldn’t get his mind to rest on one thought for longer than ten seconds. He had failed himself and his payer and he knew that sooner or later, he would be in trouble if immediate action was not taken. The police were already on their trail because of the mistake his partner made and just last night, he had learned that there was a riot in town aimed at seeking revenge for the three people they had killed. He was not only running out of ideas, but also out of patience.
He was evidently nervous and he hated it, a map of sweat had formed across the black shirt he wore and he only sweated so profusely when he was unsettled. He had only agreed to do this job because of the mouth-watering remuneration that was involved but now, things had gone sour and the money was the last thing on his mind.

He picked up his battered, black Motorola Blade for the umpteenth time, to place a call to her- the one who had sent them on the mission. He was beginning to have a feeling that she was playing mind games with him and that was upsetting him. He would try to contact her one more time and if there was no response, her house would be his first point of call the next morning.

“Hello?” A disgruntled female voice answered on the other end.

“It’s me, Axe..”

“Yes, I know..” The female cut in. “What do you want?”

“Err Madam, we did the job and we want our money..” He said, creasing his brows as drew on his cigarette, illuminating the burning end.

“You did a sloppy job Axe. You were instructed to kill him alone and to let anyone with him go free. Do you know how much trouble we are in?” She was sounding unusually terrified and that scared him.

“His girlfriend witnessed it all and we felt that if we let her go, the police could use her as a tool to get us. As for the other guy, I wasn’t the one who killed him, it was Code who did.”

“Well, we do not have time to sit around and apportion blames. You made a terrible mistake and I am hoping we do not regret this. I would send one of chief’s boys to drop off your money..”

“Where and when would we be getting it Madam?” An irritated Axe queried.

“Well, that’s what I was going to say before you stu[b]p[/b]idly interrupted me. Just be at your regular spot at midnight. I would send them to you in Chief’s red Nissan jeep. This conversation is over.”

“Bi[b]t[/b]ch!” Axe screamed between stained teeth when she hung up the phone. “Rabid bi[b]t[/b]ch! Arrrgggh!”

All of his curses would not change anything. He was certain he had screwed his life up and from the look of things, even the hosts of heaven could not get them out of this one.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 28, 2012
A very sunny Thursday afternoon it was that day. The heat from the sun was sufficient to bake a cake and the air felt humid and unpleasant. The market women who sold sachet water in front of the cafeteria were having a field day as students were marching in troops to get as many sachets as they could afford. Simi had gone to the registrar’s office to get her grades for the tests and exams they had written the previous week, and was now headed for the cafeteria to get some food.

She had not done as well as she had hoped to on her midterm term tests but her laboratory examinations had turned out great. SSU was the only school she knew had lab exams in the middle of the term. When she had questioned her Chemistry professor as to why that was, he had said that the exams were typically done earlier in the term because the lab syllabus took shorter to complete and consequently, students were made to sit the exams separate from the main exams to make things a bit easier and less congested for both students and teachers.

Cindy had stopped attending classes altogether. The days following Nathaniel’s death had been though for her. She seemed so distant and detached from Simi and hardly ever spoke to her except on rare occasions such as when she couldn’t find her toothbrush the morning before or, when she’d begged Simi to accompany her to the bathroom to go and pee two days after Nathaniel died. It was apparent that Cindy believed in ghosts as she had made remarks that alluded to her fear that Nathaniel’s ghost might be following her around

Ibrahim frequented their room more often to see Cindy. On one such occasion, she had walked into them cuddling on her own bed. Ibrahim had been giving light kisses to Cindy on her forehead when she entered the room and she had felt hurt and betrayed. Ibrahim sat up and straightened himself when he saw her walk through the door but Cindy remained still on the bed, not making an effort to move or to disprove what Simi had just witnessed. To Simi, that had been a slap in the face – well not exactly, but she felt Cindy was sending subliminal messages to her. It was left to Simi to decipher whatever the messages meant.

Like she had promised herself earlier that week, she was not going to bother with the whole Ibrahim scheme until after New Year. She would be lying to herself if she said that seeing Cindy and Ibrahim cuddle did not worry her, it worried her a lot. She had a feeling that Ibrahim was trying to punish her for denying him friendship by getting with Cindy, but that didn’t sound reasonable. It would make him a jerk if he did that; that would be very immature of him. Baby steps- taking baby steps would be the best approach to demystify this newly established relationship Ibrahim and Cindy appeared to share. “Baby steps, ” she whispered pushing back some strands of hair that clung to her sweaty forehead, as she joined the long queue of students waiting to buy food.
*********************************************************************************
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by pendo89(f): 2:51pm On Apr 28, 2012
@naijasexy..

You got talent girl.
Don't let it rot on nl.Get it out there for the masses as well.
Blog,write book anything.You can do short scripts.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 28, 2012
^ Thanks Pendo. I'll think about blogging one day. As for writing a book.. shocked shocked shocked Hmm. Seems like a mighty task to me. lol.
But thank you very much for your comment. smiley I appreciate it.

bukatyne: kisshello naijasexy, i ve been following ur story n it is very beautiful! u have a very creative imagination. keep it up!

My dear, thanks a lot. Comments like yours keep me going. Thank you. kiss kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

7 Sure Fire Ways To Get Your Ex-girlfriend Back!!! / Abandoned By Her Fiance After Losing Her Pregnancy / Which Condom Is The Best? Married Only!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.