Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

1 Yr And Girlfriend Hasn't Said I Love You. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 1 Yr And Girlfriend Hasn't Said I Love You. (4060 Views)

She Hasn't Said Yes But She's Asking For Money / White Woman Vows To Continue Sending Money To An African Man She Hasn't Met / I Love You: 15 Ways Guys Say It Without Saying It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1 Yr And Girlfriend Hasn't Said I Love You. by c0325: 6:25pm On Mar 26, 2012
Hi All,

Due to the requests, this is Shortened Up!!! smiley

So here's the situation, i'm hoping that I can get some help/responses on this because I'm driving myself crazy with this but even worse, I could possibly be driving my girlfriend crazy as well. In summary, we've been together for 1 year and 2 weeks, I almost immediately fell in love with her, but with my own doubts and having been in a couple bad relationships before, i bit my tongue and didn't say the "magic" words until 2 months after. By this point I could safely say I knew enough about her (actions, thoughts, ways...) to back up the "rational" side of love up with the emotional side that I had already been feeling. So, yes, I said the "magic" words and as you can guess for the Post Topic, she didn't say it back. I, oddly enough, was ok with that, I got married young prior to this relationship and know what its like to have someone say it without "knowing" what it really means, feels, or does to someone. I didn't want her to say it without meaning it. I wanted to hear a sincere "I Love You" in return and nothing else, if not sincere, then just a smile will do fine. Anyhow, our relationship has grown since those first two months, did I mention she has a daughter? We now all live together, her, her wonderful daughter who I have also grown to fall in love with and even a couple pets. You'd look at us and see a true family, young (under 30, over 25), but a family none the less.

Yes, she's got baggage, psycho ex (habitual prison guy), best friends with her ex's sister and other stuff... so im sure shes got some things preventing her to be able to say the words, but at this point in our relationship, should it really be that hard for her?

So, in summary, question is this. Is there a time in a relationship where you can say "if there isn't love by now, there probably won't be? Or being that I love her, should I just wait it out in hopes I get the same in return? I don't want to go through falling so in love with someone again just to get brought down. Now especially as I'm building the bond with her daughter to...

Any advice/help is much appreciated smiley

Thank you all!
Re: 1 Yr And Girlfriend Hasn't Said I Love You. by Moyola(f): 6:51pm On Mar 26, 2012
itz tongue tie tongue
Re: 1 Yr And Girlfriend Hasn't Said I Love You. by Excelboi(m): 6:54pm On Mar 26, 2012
Long shiitte! Summary plz
Re: 1 Yr And Girlfriend Hasn't Said I Love You. by kelz88(f): 6:57pm On Mar 26, 2012
Dayum!! shocked See essay.
Re: 1 Yr And Girlfriend Hasn't Said I Love You. by FRANKLINTON(m): 7:14pm On Mar 26, 2012
I didn't read all the text but i can contribute. Does her actions and behaviour towards you show love? If yes, then i don't think it's a huge problem because I believe that actions speak louder than voice. But if saying 'i love you' is important to you, then ask her why she's not saying it. Bear in mind that she might have some 'baggages' from previous relationships so pay attention to her and try to work out a solution. Goodluck
Re: 1 Yr And Girlfriend Hasn't Said I Love You. by Sijo01(f): 7:20pm On Mar 26, 2012
A fast n a gud reader sup plzzzz summarize.
Re: 1 Yr And Girlfriend Hasn't Said I Love You. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 26, 2012
In Summary,

He loves a woman with a daughter and he was married before. He said i love you to the girl but the girl no talk back i love you.

Is it a good summary enough. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Anyway pls, try and read it, then advice.

@OP, Just give her time she might say it.

But wait o, is she a white chick with daughter? wink wink wink

If yes, then you know the rest.
Re: 1 Yr And Girlfriend Hasn't Said I Love You. by c0325: 8:39pm On Mar 26, 2012
Vikin: In Summary,

He loves a woman with a daughter and he was married before. He said i love you to the girl but the girl no talk back i love you.

Anyway pls, try and read it, then advice.

@OP, Just give her time she might say it.

But wait o, is she a white chick with daughter? wink wink wink

If yes, then you know the rest.

Yes, white chick with a daughter, she had her daughter young though so she seems a bit more mature than others ive met. and thx for reiterating the summary, don't really want advice from anyone who cant take a sec to read a few paragraphs anyway... this is kind of a serious bit. And i guess time is the only thing I have to count on, just don't want to end up falling/changing my life for someone who might never love me back. I guess I was raised wanting to be a family man. Have already dealt with a long and disturbing relationship that ended unhappy after too long, not looking for a repeat. So that's why I wonder, should I save us both the time or is that an immature response to a complicated situation?
Re: 1 Yr And Girlfriend Hasn't Said I Love You. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 26, 2012
c0325:

Yes, white chick with a daughter, she had her daughter young though so she seems a bit more mature than others ive met. and thx for reiterating the summary, don't really want advice from anyone who cant take a sec to read a few paragraphs anyway... this is kind of a serious bit. And i guess time is the only thing I have to count on, just don't want to end up falling/changing my life for someone who might never love me back. I guess I was raised wanting to be a family man. Have already dealt with a long and disturbing relationship that ended unhappy after too long, not looking for a repeat. So that's why I wonder, should I save us both the time or is that an immature response to a complicated situation?

Just give her time, she might be suspecting you as a naija guy(Are you one?).

Just keep being you, love her, there is no harm in this.
No rush!
Re: 1 Yr And Girlfriend Hasn't Said I Love You. by Nobody: 1:38am On Mar 27, 2012
@OP
- she may not "love" you. have you thought about that? or do you think that anyone in a r/ship MUST love within a certain time?
- she may be in love with someone else, while using you as a stepping (waiting) stone?
- she may not be as forwarding/open minded as you when it comes to voicing her feeling. does she ACT like she loves you? what are the signs that you used to prove to yourself that she loved you?
Re: 1 Yr And Girlfriend Hasn't Said I Love You. by Sijo01(f): 9:01am On Mar 27, 2012
Vikin: In Summary,

U try, thank u.

Wel, @op, me fink she's nt into u cos if she luv's u saying it out wil nt b difficult.
Wil advice u sit her dwn n ask her if she really luv's u.
She might jst b using u as her SOLACE, who knows!
Re: 1 Yr And Girlfriend Hasn't Said I Love You. by kpolli(m): 9:40am On Mar 27, 2012
my personal advice, run. . . do not end up like me
Re: 1 Yr And Girlfriend Hasn't Said I Love You. by Dyt(f): 10:07am On Mar 27, 2012
kpolli: my personal advice, run. . . do not end up like me

i didnt leave u
Re: 1 Yr And Girlfriend Hasn't Said I Love You. by Nobody: 11:00am On Mar 27, 2012
Very long tori

Simple she doesn't love you.
Re: 1 Yr And Girlfriend Hasn't Said I Love You. by kpolli(m): 9:31am On Mar 28, 2012
Dyt:

i didnt leave u

we have gist oooo, I even forgot to tell u. . . Log into bbm asap
Re: 1 Yr And Girlfriend Hasn't Said I Love You. by Dyt(f): 10:10am On Mar 28, 2012
SPRINTS DOWN

(1) (Reply)

Do You Think Virginity Is Overrated??? / Is There Anything Harmful If I Masturbate 4-5 Times Daily / Ladies: How Do U Feel Wen Ur Guy Does This??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.