Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush (13614 Views)

Senator George Theuri Posts Half-Unclad Picture Of Him And His Wife On Facebook / Amnesty Intl Urges African Countries To Arrest George Bush When He Visits Africa / Should George Bush Also Face Trial? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by mrpataki(m): 7:01pm On Nov 07, 2007
almondjoy:

Yes sweets, I did! Isn't that amazing? India oh! India!!!! Afam is a die-hard Bush fan. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin

I am totally short of words for this skunk called Afam. At the moment, I am in a five weeks energy management course, and we have different people from different nations represented. You need to see the way Indians talk about the Energy Policy in their country. Even Indonesia!

Tanzania sef dey open their mouth for talks. Relevant case studies abound in Tanzania about how energy usage is been maximised. Nothing can be said of Nigeria. Yet some people are here talking baloney on Bush administration.

Shameless beings!
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 07, 2007
Nigerian version of energy policy - Empty declarations of "a state of emergency" in a moribund energy sector.

Please Hold Candles Now.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by mrpataki(m): 7:21pm On Nov 07, 2007
mrpataki:

This Afam of an entity, I wonder what the ballyhoo of Bush administration has done to his website or whatever he is into. Simple Economics is been shown to him here, he looks for ignorant fellows to support his infantile reasonings.

Afam:

Use pidgin english if proper grammar dey strange to you.

Learn to manage your frustration. No be person send you message for Netherlands. If you be driver, drive well, if you dey clean dead body, do am well.

Enjoy.

I have quoted my statement meant for you above, also with your response to me. Please where am I lacking proper English/Grammar?  I am willing to accept correction if you got anything sensible to proffer.

I tried as much as possible to make my grammar construction less herculean for your comprehension. embarassed You are still complaining
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Just saw your website. I can see that you are good with advertising power backup systems on your website. When the world is thinking of renewable technology for Energy consumption, you are still celebrating backup KVa's. Now I understand your predicament the more. cheesy
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Afam(m): 8:26pm On Nov 07, 2007
mrpataki:

I have quoted my statement meant for you above, also with your response to me. Please where am I lacking proper English/Grammar? I am willing to accept correction if you got anything sensible to proffer.

I tried as much as possible to make my grammar construction less herculean for your comprehension. embarassed You are still complaining

I refuse to point out the mistake, it gives me pleasure to know that you cannot even figure it out, real shame. Maybe you are used to making such mistakes all your life that you don't see anything wrong in it.

mrpataki:

________________________________________________________________________________________________
Just saw your website. I can see that you are good with advertising power backup systems on your website. When the world is thinking of renewable technology for Energy consumption, you are still celebrating backup KVa's. Now I understand your predicament the more. cheesy

Again you will display your ignorance here. What do you understand by renewable technology for Energy consumption?

Renewable technology? Please give a simple example.

I am aware of renewable energy. Renewable technology is strange to me. Did they just invent that last night?

mrpataki:

I am totally short of words for this skunk called Afam. At the moment, I am in a five weeks energy management course, and we have different people from different nations represented. You need to see the way Indians talk about the Energy Policy in their country. Even Indonesia!

Tanzania sef dey open their mouth for talks. Relevant case studies abound in Tanzania about how energy usage is been maximised. Nothing can be said of Nigeria. Yet some people are here talking baloney on Bush administration.

Shameless beings!

This 5 weeks energy management course you claim you are attending, who are you representing? Nigeria? Netherlands? Or are you just a cleaner making sure that the venue is in order?

A small information for your ignorant brain.

You cannot have any renewable energy plan without a backup plan unless your renewable energy plan has a steady source of energy and in most cases this does not exist.

Solar or wind solutions still require inverters and battery banks.

But again, maybe just last night the world developed a "renewable technology" that does not require backup features and yet are viable alternatives to energy issues.

I have designed, built and installed backup solutions for even ISPs for up to 2 days backup with a real performance of 4 days during a long power outage.

So, when next you choose to display your ignorance on something you clearly have no clue about choose your target well so you don't look stupid (even though you are actually very stupid based on your comments here).
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by mrpataki(m): 8:53pm On Nov 07, 2007
Afam:

I refuse to point out the mistake, it gives me pleasure to know that you cannot even figure it out, real shame. Maybe you are used to making such mistakes all your life that you don't see anything wrong in it.
As I had earlier stated, if you had anything sensible to proffer, please state so! You again display the vacuum you call a brain of yours.

Afam:

Again you will display your ignorance here. What do you understand by renewable technology for Energy consumption?

Renewable technology? Please give a simple example.

I am aware of renewable energy. Renewable technology is strange to me. Did they just invent that last night?
Fundamentals of English language is your problem! Renewable Energy is what? So to use words interchangably confuses your thinking progression? You are even duller than I earlier anticipated. I stated Renewable Technology for Energy Consumption! Not Renewable Technology!

Afam:

This 5 weeks energy management course you claim you are attending, who are you representing? Nigeria? Netherlands? Or are you just a cleaner making sure that the venue is in order?

A small information for your ignorant brain.

You cannot have any renewable energy plan without a backup plan unless your renewable energy plan has a steady source of energy and in most cases this does not exist.

Solar or wind solutions still require inverters and battery banks.

But again, maybe just last night the world developed a "renewable technology" that does not require backup features and yet are viable alternatives to energy issues.

I have designed, built and installed backup solutions for even ISPs for up to 2 days backup with a real performance of 4 days during a long power outage.

So, when next you choose to display your ignorance on something you clearly have no clue about choose your target well so you don't look stupid (even though you are actually very stupid based on your comments here).
Constitution of junks as noted with you. Am I to start teaching you Renewable Energy now? Have you heard of XTL? It is only in Nigeria that you will think of backup Kva's for what? No wonder the Chinese thrive in mass production of generators and backup Kva's for dummies like you to think you are doing something tangible.

Rubbish.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Afam(m): 9:20pm On Nov 07, 2007
Your level of ignorance is getting higher by the minute.

1. There is nothing like Renewable Technology for energy consumption

2. What is a backup Kva? You seem to be manufacturing phrases that don't mean anything. K=Kilo, v=volts, a= amps. Backup KiloVoltsAmps? Your stupidity is alarming.

3. Not interested in what China build as we build inverters ourselves

4. You are yet to answer the question as regards what you were doing at the 5 weeks energy course because your comments thus far show that you know next to nothing as regards alternative energy.

On the mistake in your grammar, I doubt if it will make sense to you after all in less than 3 posts you have clearly shown that you are an alternative energy wannabe, talking about things you don't understand and claiming to be using words interchangeably.

Swallow your pride and hide your head in shame.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by TayoD1(m): 9:25pm On Nov 07, 2007
@mrpataki,

It's interesting that I am also attending a seminar right now for Professionals in the Power Industry in Minnesota and beyond. I was also amazed by the fact that just yesterday, an Indian addressed the gathering, and today, we had a Chinese woman do the same. You will be amazed what is going on around the world with respect to power generation and transmission.

I was just going through an article online that mentioned the fact that power generation in Nigeria has dropped to just about 2,500MW. I couldn't help but compare this to the amount of wind power that was and is being generated in the US under the administration of the so-called "slowpoke" called Bush. For instance, the wind power that was generated in the US. in 2005 alone is about 2,400MW. This was the highest generated in the world and is almost the same as the entire generating capacity of Nigeria as a whole. The same amout of wind power was generated in 2006 as well.  So I am left wondering, Who is the real slowpoke?! undecided  

It is very funny that despite their noise, Al Gore and Clinton only genrated less than 1,000 MW of wind energy while they were in power. Bush has not even finished his second term and the US-intalled wind power capacity has grown fivefold since he came to power. Again I ask, who is the real slowpoke?! undecided

The US. is frantically developing alternative sources of energy and improving technology to harness renewable sources and forms of energy. The motor vehicle industry here is almost perfecting the electrical cars with the major limitation being the batteries. It is anticipated that the world supply of crude oil won't last 40 years if we continue to tap at the present rate of 1,000 barrels per second. The US has 2% of the world's proven oil reserves (not counting the untapped ones), she has excellent relationship with Canada (which has the second highest oil reserves in the world) and Mexico (ranked 8th highest oil reserves). The same US has 3% of the world's natural gas reserves and 27% of the world's recoverable coal reserves.

Considering that Naija's major and almost only source of revenue is this depleting oil, and the same revenue is being spirited away to the western countries by corrupt Leeches we call Leaders, I just beg to ask the question again: WHO IS THE REAL slowpoke?! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by mrpataki(m): 9:34pm On Nov 07, 2007
@ Afam,
You are far more sillier than I thought! So you dont know the content of the website you posted as your signature again. You are only stating your ignorance the more! http://www.justwebservices.com/ Your website stated an advert for Kva, you are here telling me jargons.

I am under no obligation to tell you what my course content is to you! When more over, you dont strike me as someone with relevant intelligence to accurately understand simple comprehension. I have asked you a simple question on what is XTL, CCE? You remained oblivious to that. Here is a simmple one for you: What exactly are biofuels?

Better go and face your php, if you even know what that even means. Yeye inbox man.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by mrpataki(m): 9:41pm On Nov 07, 2007
Tayo-D:

@mrpataki,
It's interesting that I am also attending a seminar right now for Professionals in the Power Industry in Minnesota and beyond. I was also amazed by the fact that just yesterday, an Indian addressed the gathering, and today, we had a Chinese woman do the same. You will be amazed what is going on around the world with respect to power generation and transmission.

I was just going through an article online that mentioned the fact that power generation in Nigeria has dropped to just about 2,500MW. I couldn't help but compare this to the amount of wind power that was and is being generated in the US under the administration of the so-called "slowpoke" called Bush. For instance, the wind power that was generated in the US. in 2005 alone is about 2,400MW. This was the highest generated in the world and is almost the same as the entire generating capacity of Nigeria as a whole. The same amout of wind power was generated in 2006 as well. So I am left wondering, Who is the real slowpoke?! undecided

It is very funny that despite their noise, Al Gore and Clinton only genrated less than 1,000 MW of wind energy while they were in power. Bush has not even finished his second term and the US-intalled wind power capacity has grown fivefold since he came to power. Again I ask, who is the real slowpoke?! undecided

The US. is frantically developing alternative sources of energy and improving technology to harness renewable sources and forms of energy. The motor vehicle industry here is almost perfecting the electrical cars with the major limitation being the batteries. It is anticipated that the world supply of crude oil won't last 40 years if we continue to tap at the present rate of 1,000 barrels per second. The US has 2% of the world's proven oil reserves (not counting the untapped ones), she has excellent relationship with Canada (which has the second highest oil reserves in the world) and Mexico (ranked 8th highest oil reserves). The same US has 3% of the world's natural gas reserves and 27% of the world's recoverable coal reserves.

Considering that Naija's major and almost only source of revenue is this depleting oil, and the same revenue is being spirited away to the western countries by corrupt Leeches we call Leaders, I just beg to ask the question again: WHO IS THE REAL slowpoke?! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Bless Heavens! Thank you very much for stating your own views here! I am highly delighted to hear this from you. Just today, a guy came from Shell talking jargons as usual about exploration of Oil from Nigeria.

Common Tanzania is thinking of generating energy through the Sisal plant! Yet one mumu is telling me he is generating backup for ISP. Is there any world standard functional ISP in Nigeria? So much for this backward way of thinking.

I tell you Indians have gone far! Yet this mumu called Afam is here posting jargons about Bush administration.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Afam(m): 9:53pm On Nov 07, 2007
mrpataki:

@ Afam,
You are far more sillier than I thought! So you don't know the content of the website you posted as your signature again. You are only stating your ignorance the more! http://www.justwebservices.com/ Your website stated an advert for Kva, you are here telling me jargons.

Olodo, there is no advert for Kva on the website. There is an advert for Inverters with different ratings. You go school at all kpakpa? You will certainly be more useful as an Okada rider in Nigeria than just wasting your time doing some odd jobs in Netherlands (because the level of intelligence you keep displaying is abysmally low for any meaningful employment).

mrpataki:

I am under no obligation to tell you what my course content is to you! When more over, you don't strike me as someone with relevant intelligence to accurately understand simple comprehension. I have asked you a simple question on what is XTL, CCE? You remained oblivious to that. Here is a simmple one for you: What exactly are biofuels?

Better go and face your php, if you even know what that even means. Yeye inbox man.

Didn't ask for your course content, are you dreaming or don't you understand simple english? What are you doing at the venue of the 5 weeks energy course? Simple question.

XTL, CCE? I don't know the meanings. Don't know the meaning of a lot of acronyms out there but know enough to understand and implement alternative energy solutions and that is what matters.

PHP? Hmmm, good programming tool, I am certain that you can never understand it because with programming you require a certain minimum level of intelligence and you clearly don't have it, not your area and certainly not for you.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by mrpataki(m): 10:12pm On Nov 07, 2007
Afam:

PHP? Hmmm, good programming tool, I am certain that you can never understand it because with programming you require a certain minimum level of intelligence and you clearly don't have it, not your area and certainly not for you.

Thank God for w3 schools that do online web tutoring for morons like you, to learn php. As well also books on: Programming and design of a website for dummies. If not, life for dey frustrating more than it is for you at the moment.

Am not into programming, and I dont have the interest in it. I am more environment inclined, than using MySQL, Dreamweaver, macromedia flash, php, I heard it is fast becoming the hotcake for mumus like you.

BTW: You are yet to answer my question on the biofuels query. Suggestion, you can google it out, same with the others cheesy
Olodo.

Keep on with the Bush bashing. If it resolves your frustration, all the best.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Afam(m): 10:35pm On Nov 07, 2007
Very soon your username mrpataki will be synonymous with stupidity.

Intellectually you are no where so enough of the lectures.

It seems that you rely on google to learn, sorry I am not like you.

While you are busy using google to learn about biofuels I will be using biofuel to run a diesel engine and as usual you may assume it is a difficult task. Methanol plus caustic soda and a good source of used vegetable oil are enough to produce good one for a diesel engine car. Go to bed with what you have learned today even without paying a single kobo.

You are just an Alternative Energy Wannabe. If wishes were horses!!!
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Iman3(m): 11:47pm On Nov 07, 2007
Tayo-D:

I was just going through an article online that mentioned the fact that power generation in Nigeria has dropped to just about 2,500MW.

This is precisely the point that some have been raising.Think of this carefully,Nigeria's power output amounts to 2,500MW,Iraq,I repeat,Iraq is generating about 5,000 MW,an article I saw in August 2007 put it at 5,437MW.

Iraq,a war torn country,has been able to improve its power output since the fall of Saddam while Nigeria,unaffected by conflict,has seen power generation diminish.Iraq's population is about 26 million,Nigeria's about 140 million.This should put things into perspective when discussing whatever we see on CNN .As Tayo D asked,WHO IS THE REAL slowpoke?
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Nobody: 12:50am On Nov 08, 2007
I-man:

As Tayo D asked,WHO IS THE REAL slowpoke?

Facts dont matter when illiterates have made up their minds.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 1:04am On Nov 08, 2007
I-man:

The above was the 2nd Installment of An Idiot's Guide To The US Budget Deficit.

Your peroration of piffle doesn't deal with the glaring flaws I pointed to.Let me use a simple analogy.A man in 1960 on annual income of $10,000 spent $15,000 annually.Indeed,this trend was the average for the next 40 years.Forward to 2000,on annual income of $100,000,he spends $125,000.To make the analogy simple,lets ignore what other assets the man may have.

What RichyBlack would do here,in his infinite stupidity, would be to simply produce a chart showing that this man had deficits of $5,000 in 1960 but now has deficits of $25,000 in 2000 which RichyBlack tells, us shows that the man is an idiot,how else can we explain the chart showing a dip South in deficits from $5,000 to $25,000 ?

Shown that in reality,the man has actually halved his deficit to below the average,he haughtily dismisses this,after intensive consultation with Google,as a pathetic attempt to sound savvy .Whereas $5,000 represented 50% of income,$25,000 represented 25%.

Upon further clarification,the deficit looked less spectacular when adjusted for inflation,but more importantly,when adjusted to reflect the GDP. . . .hardly surprising since the deficits are below OECD average and below the US historical average. . . . which leads to the question of whether the leaders of China,Japan,France,Italy,UK,Nigeria,e.t.c are bigger idiots for running bigger deficits than GWB who is funding 2 major wars.

Is an attempt to look at a deficit in the context of percentage of GDP a pathetic attempt to look savvy? Maybe,if you an inveterate nincompoop. . . . .the only reliable measure for comparing GDP over decades is to look at percentage of GDP.For instance,the EU,probably in an attempt to look savvy,sets a 3% limit for budget deficits in the Stability and Growth Pact (SGP).

To produce a chart showing US Budget deficits in dollar terms and implying that it somehow shows the idiocy of GWB,despite the deficit being below US and OECD average,tells us more about the idiocy of the poster which even intensive consultation with Google couldn't obscure.If this was the way we actually compare deficits,every single leader on the planet whose country has a deficit would be an idiot,inevitably deficits grow larger in mere currency terms over decades.A 2bn Naira deficit in 1970 will look smaller on a RichyBlack chart than a 20bn Naira deficit in 2000 even when adjusted for inflation.

Such is the manner of the idiot's impotent rants about a man who is inevitably smarter than he is.I once noted that given that Bush's IQ figures are about 125 and the average Black man has an IQ of 70,does that mean that Black people are retards as Dr Watson notes?

As I noted earlier, Not saying that the budget deficits don't matter, only saying that you have to be an unbridled slowpoke to think that a budget deficit of 1.2%(below OECD and US historical average) shows the US President is an idiot.

The irony is that those who call Bush an idiot are actually the real idiots. Grin Grin

PS:A feebleness of mind can't be obscured even with the "power" of Google and a multiplicity of charts.

@I-man,

It seems you enjoy trading insults grin. Great!!!

The problem with you is that your black mother's low IQ (a la Dr. Watson - your hero) was transferred to your pathetic soul. Your ignorance on basic economics has been clearly exhibited, and your inherited low IQ has exposed you as just the charlatan and pretender that you truly are. You write all that garbage but don't question the veracity of the information in those charts (by the way I did not make those charts and made reference to the site I got them from).

Let me educate you one more time (sincere apologies to Afam who has warned me against free education - maybe its like the Bible verse "do not throw your pearls to pigs", but I have some hope, no matter how little, for this pig). Monetary data can be presented in several ways - present value, adjusted value, relative value, etc. All modes of presentation have their upsides and downsides - advantages or disadvantages. I chose a form of presentation. Your trifling ass complained. I looked at it, saw some merit in your argument, and then went ahead to post charts that use other modes of presenting the US budget deficit/surplus data. And you're still comparing a mode of presentation (relative to GDP) among OECD. This is where you reveal your nymph status in macroeconomic understanding. Comparing relative values across countries makes no sense without factoring percentage of budget spent on the various sectors of the economy - defense, education, health, etc. Most of the OECD countries you're comparing with the US spend disproportionately on various sectors of their respective economies and also attach different values to these sectors. This non-uniform spending is the key issue. After all, what we are ultimately interested in is how the budget deficit will affect the economy and invariably the citizens. Also, the relative contribution of each nation's GDP to the world's GDP is not constant and this has to be taken into consideration. Please, go back to school (if your inherited low IQ will allow that), and learn basic economics, before trying to show nonexistent finesse in macroeconomics. Your foolish attempt at defending George Bush's fiscal irresponsibility is laughable against the backdrop of Republicans who have criticized his government's uncontrolled spending. You're trying to defend a man that everyone (including you) knows is a buffoon. Well, it seems it takes a buffoon to defend a buffoon. grin.

Within and beyond economics, there is no consensus on what mode (absolute or relative) of data presentation is better - it all depends on the context and strong arguments can go both ways. Where there is consensus is that data should be accurate - which you've shied away from. Also, your reference to google is just plain dumb. If you are implying that the use of google to dig for information in 2007 is somehow unscholarly, then you must be the most idiotic bag of bones alive today - of course second only to GWB.

No matter wetin person do to shit water, e must smell - keep am one place o, throw am out o, hide am o, e go still smell.

I-man na shit water!
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 1:06am On Nov 08, 2007
No Way Out of a Hard Landing

America and its economy are at a significant crossroads: uncontrolled asset inflation, massive consumer debt and a large budget deficit have converged on a structural fault line (not to mention the impact of its military endeavors and political isolation.) Baby boomer consumption is slower, a new generation is taking over and American demographics are moving toward a Hispanic majority within the next two decades.

The U.S. economy is also making up an ever-smaller proportion of world GDP, and that’s a trend we should get used to. The euro zone is now the world’s top economic producer (with a GDP of about $16.3 trillion), while China, India and the returning Russia are all enjoying fundamental growth.

Has any of this gone unnoticed by the rest of the world? No. But Americans carefully and intentionally avoid these fundamental issues as topics of conversation. American politicians and presidential candidates divert the debate to 9/11 (now six years ago), foreign policy, Iraq and the armed forces.

There’s no way around it: the sum of all debt in the U.S. economy is large. The government budget deficit is about to surpass $10 trillion (or about 75% of GDP.) To compare, the annual value of all crude oil traded in the world, some 100 million barrels a day, is about $3.4 trillion given recent high prices. Such a massive deficit will not shrink unless the Bush tax cuts are repealed and a national consumption, sales or value-added tax is implemented. The next president of the United States will have no other choice.

But that’s only part of the picture. Private debt, especially consumer debt, must also be reduced. The Federal Reserve reports that, as of end of June 2007, Americans owed $2.47 trillion in consumer debt, some 18% of GDP or roughly a year’s worth of American oil imports. That number includes all installment, revolving, and credit card debt but excludes $7 trillion in mortgage debt. Credit card debt makes up some 5% of annual household income, even though 25% of all households have no credit cards. Other reports indicate that three out of every ten consumers are late payers and repay their debts more than 60 days late. American consumers pay for $41 of every $100 of their purchases with credit, not cash, check or debit cards.

Thus the American economy is heavily leveraged against its future income, and further consumption is the only remaining locomotive of the economy. Alas, such consumption habits have reached an alarming level. The Commerce Department reports that since 2005, Americans have “negative savings” -- they spend more than their after-tax earnings, either dipping into their savings or borrowing more. The last time that negative savings happened was during the Great Depression. Live now, pay later! From abroad, it appears that the American consumer is feeding his habits with a trade deficit while the government borrows new cash to pay interest last month’s purchases. What happened to fiscal discipline?

The asset inflation of the last 15 years or so is blowing more air into the balloon. It might seem useful for the short-term, but in the long run this tactic has harsh residual effects. An indebted government welcomes asset inflation, and thus currency devaluation, because it makes it easier to repay long-term government debt. However, the U.S. ought to learn a lesson from the Japanese experience and their unchecked asset inflation during the 1980s: it was followed by a decade-long recession. Japanese share prices have yet to return to high levels of that era, even though the Japanese are fiscally conservative and a nation of savers.

Given the large size of the American economy, each of these issues raises eyebrows in other developed countries, where private sector debt is cautiously managed and company bankruptcies are considered shameful scandals.

In all, I estimate that to reverse the American budget deficit will absorb about 2% of GDP for at least three years, and to reverse consumer and mortgage debt trends will cost another 4-5% of American GDP. Reversing asset inflation trends will be significantly more expensive. Without taking such painful steps, it will be difficult to envision higher exchange rates in the next 4-5 years. The devaluation of the dollar is not a passing market correction; it’s a non-confidence vote from global markets on the American economy. Foreigners who noticed these challenges before most Americans did may be wondering whether the Americans’ post-Cold War “peace dividend” was nothing more than debt.

http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/postglobal/ali_ettefagh/2007/10/no_way_out_of_a_hard_landing.html
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Nobody: 1:09am On Nov 08, 2007
Despite all the intellectual posturing of RichyBlack . . . the US still has an economy several times larger than that of the entire continent of Africa.

You are wasting time posting details of the US budget deficit . . . focus on generating more power than wartorn Iraq first.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 1:25am On Nov 08, 2007
davidylan:

Despite all the intellectual posturing of RichyBlack . . . the US still has an economy several times larger than that of the entire continent of Africa.

You are wasting time posting details of the US budget deficit . . . focus on generating more power than wartorn Iraq first.

Another comparator!

Can we discuss an issue on its own merit, without comparing gallons with miles?

Let me engage in this distraction:

Power requirements for given population is a local issue. Trying to use a simplistic population-generation capacity model fails to factor in:
1. Environment (weather, terrain, etc.)
2. Industrial demands
3. Energy efficiency
4. Transportation infrastructure
5. Social issues (lifestyle, etc.)

It is our own power requirement's that should be determined and kept on focus and not Iraq's.

All this excessive comparison should be abated.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Tornadoz(m): 1:30am On Nov 08, 2007
My definition of a slowpoke is a blackman who thinks he's a retard because Dr Watson told him so.
Now that we've agreed on that definition can we now move on with Bush bashing.
If having fun at Bush's expense pisses some Nigerians off so be it, I for one don't give a flying f*ck. If you hate Bush bashing, tough. Try telling him to think before speaking. I sorry for una o!
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 1:31am On Nov 08, 2007
This Bushism really cracked me up:

"We're going to—we'll be sending a person on the ground
there pretty soon to help implement the malaria initiative,
and that initiative will mean spreading nets and insecticides
throughout the country so that we can see a reduction in
death of young children that—a death that we can cure."

—Washington, D.C., Oct. 18, 2007 GWB
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Tornadoz(m): 1:33am On Nov 08, 2007
davidylan:

Questions that needs answers
1)Why should Richyblack focus on generating more power for Nigeria is he the CEO for Nigeria electricity Co?
2)Whats your contribution apart from emigrating to a safe country and pouring scorn on your motherland?
3)Why do you and your cohorts think its our duty to make Nigeria a great nation?
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 1:38am On Nov 08, 2007
Tornadoz:

My definition of a slowpoke is a blackman who thinks he's a retard because Dr Watson told him so.
Now that we've agreed on that definition can we now move on with Bush bashing.
If having fun at Bush's expense pisses some Nigerians off so be it, I for one don't give a flying f*ck. If you hate Bush bashing, tough. Try telling him to think before speaking. I sorry for una o!

Thank you jare, before self-hating, self-abusing, unintelligent pretenders, like I-man, will continue distracting us from one of the most gratifying pastimes anyone can have - bashing George W. Bush.

One more:
"You never know what your history is going to be like until long after you're gone."—Washington, D.C., May 5, 2006, GWB
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Tornadoz(m): 1:41am On Nov 08, 2007
@RichyBlacK
Sorry I had to steal your post but I thought I should repost this gem: "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Iman3(m): 1:44am On Nov 08, 2007
davidylan:

@Davidylan

Seriously,if you read RichyBlack's "magnum opus" carefully,you will notice the shocking lack of substance.In order to sound credible,he drops in vacuous terms-absolute,relative values,finesse in macroeconomics,macroeconomic understanding- grin grin grin An amazing tour de force of idiocy. . . .its hard to be believe someone can put so much effort into producing so much drivel.

No need to bother confronting this idiocy anymore.I think deep inside,he knows he is spewing utter twaddle but self-pride demands he continues mounting a "defence".

@RichyBlack
Its obvious you are less intelligent than GWB.Given that GWB is an idiot,imagine where that leaves you grin
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 1:45am On Nov 08, 2007
Tornadoz:

1)Why should Richyblack focus on generating more power for Nigeria is he the CEO for Nigeria electricity Co?
2)Whats your contribution apart from emigrating to a safe country and pouring scorn on your motherland?
3)Why do you and your cohorts think its our duty to make Nigeria a great nation?

Nna biko, help ask the guy, I take Osanobua beg you!

I'm so surprised that some Nigerians go to any extent to remain ideologically consistent , even bashing Nigeria and calling Yar'Adua names like Yar'Adull (davidylan for instance).

This thread is all about bashing George W. Bush - which I enjoy! grin. That does not mean I'm comparing him to any one, however, comparators don't get it! They'll compare anything with everything. I wonder why. Is it because they can't stay on point on an issue?
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Tornadoz(m): 1:48am On Nov 08, 2007
Please stay on topic.
""I got a lot of Ph.D.-types and smart people around me who come into the Oval Office and say, 'Mr. President, here's what's on my mind.' And I listen carefully to their advice. But having gathered the device, I decide, you know, I say, 'This is what we're going to do.'" --George W. Bush, Lancaster, Pa., Oct. 3, 2007"
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Tornadoz(m): 1:51am On Nov 08, 2007
Its obvious you are less intelligent than GWB.Given that GWB is an idiot,imagine where that leaves you
Follow your leader the slowpoke>In the land of the blind the one eyed blind-----
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Nobody: 1:57am On Nov 08, 2007
RichyBlacK:

Let me engage in this distraction:[/sub]

Power requirements for given population is a local issue. Trying to use a simplistic population-generation capacity model fails to factor in:
1. Environment (weather, terrain, etc.)
2. Industrial demands
3. Energy efficiency
4. Transportation infrastructure
5. Social issues (lifestyle, etc.)

It is our own power requirement's that should be determined and kept on focus and not Iraq's.

All this excessive comparison should be abated.

I-man was right when he called you out on your desperate use of vacuos words to hide your porous intellect. You say power requirements for a given population depends on several factors:
What you however fail to take note of (in your haste to continue bashing Bush) is that Iraq has been a theater of war and terrorist activities for the last 4 yrs. If Nigeria, a country relatively at peace since 1967, can only manage to generate 1/2 the capacity that Iraq generates. . . does that mean we would be back to using candles and lanterns if we were suddenly plunged into war?
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Iman3(m): 1:58am On Nov 08, 2007
Tornadoz:

By the same logic,why do you focus on Bush,are you a tax paying American resident/citizen? If the fact that Nigeria generates less electricity than Iraq is irrelevant to a Nigerian,how does Bush affect a slowpoke living in Benin ?

What is a Benin based slowpoke's concern with the Israeli/Palestinian conflict?Do you work for the UN?

What's your contribution apart from impotent rants from Benin?

How dumb do you have to be to think that asking Nigerians to put things in perspective is akin to insisting that it is their duty to make Nigeria a great nation? How dumb is Tornadoz? grin
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 2:01am On Nov 08, 2007
I-man:

@Davidylan

Seriously,if you read RichyBlack's "magnum opus" carefully,you will notice the shocking lack of substance.In order to sound credible,he drops in vacuous terms-absolute,relative values,finesse in macroeconomics,macroeconomic understanding- grin grin grin An amazing tour de force of idiocy. . . .its hard to be believe someone can put so much effort into producing so much drivel.

No need to bother confronting this idiocy anymore.I think deep inside,he knows he is spewing utter twaddle but self-pride demands he continues mounting a "defence".

@RichyBlack
Its obvious you are less intelligent than GWB.Given that GWB is an idiot,imagine where that leaves you grin

Laughable! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You write like a high school pupil - "drivel" and "twaddle". And that gives you a regular dose of mental orgasms, abi? Abeg go sidon for dustbin.

If you want to debate, bring facts and tie them around using logic. Not to come up here typing "drivel" and "twaddle".

Outline your hypothesis (preferably original), defend it with your fabric of facts, tied together using the language of logic!

Any hypothesis from you? Any you want to defend? Let me help you: "George Bush is not an idiot". That can be a good start. Bring your facts, we debate. Don't just come here, point at an irrelevant issue, and think you can stop us from bashing your other hero - George W. Bush. E no go work!

"The point now is how do we work together to achieve important goals. And one such goal is a democracy in Germany."—Washington, D.C., May 5, 2006, GWB
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 2:07am On Nov 08, 2007
davidylan:

I-man was right when he called you out on your desperate use of vacuos words to hide your porous intellect. You say power requirements for a given population depends on several factors:
What you however fail to take note of (in your haste to continue bashing Bush) is that Iraq has been a theater of war and terrorist activities for the last 4 years. If Nigeria, a country relatively at peace since 1967, can only manage to generate 1/2 the capacity that Iraq generates. . . does that mean we would be back to using candles and lanterns if we were suddenly plunged into war?

Another distraction from the useful task of bashing George W. Bush.

If you really want us to get on with that debate, give us the following facts (preferably with refernce):
1. Current generation capacity, actual production and target production for Nigeria.
2. Current generation capacity, actual production and target production for Iraq.

Thank you.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Tornadoz(m): 2:10am On Nov 08, 2007
I see the walking vomit aka I-man is back spuming.

What is a Benin based slowpoke's concern with the Israeli/Palestinian conflict?Do you work for the UN?
Same reason a retard like you concern himself with the conflict. Do you now reside in Tel Aviv?

What's your contribution apart from impotent rants from Benin?
Am doing my bit in Nigeria not looking for a ready made country to live in. You should study Mandarin for when you emigrate to China. Does it escape your knucklehead that humans built America, or are you just defeated cause your IQ is 70?
How dumb do you have to be to think that asking Nigerians to put things in perspective is akin to insisting that it is their duty to make Nigeria a great nation? How dumb is Tornadoz?
If coming here everyday to pour scorn on Nigeria is your idea of constructive critisizm,then keep it to your self.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire / Libyans Under Gaddafi Live A Better Life Than Americans / Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.