Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,660 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush (13594 Views)

Senator George Theuri Posts Half-Unclad Picture Of Him And His Wife On Facebook / Amnesty Intl Urges African Countries To Arrest George Bush When He Visits Africa / Should George Bush Also Face Trial? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by almondjoy(f): 2:10am On Nov 08, 2007
Wonderful!!!!!

This is really getting super interesting!!!!!!! Now I love when threads become for meaningful. Less Mediocre from the beginning. Slug it out guys---show us "whatchy'allworking" with!!!!

Shake ya facts!!!!!!
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Iman3(m): 2:12am On Nov 08, 2007
RichyBlacK:

This thread is all about bashing George W. Bush - which I enjoy! grin. That does not mean I'm comparing him to any one, however, comparators don't get it! They'll compare anything with everything. I wonder why. Is it because they can't stay on point on an issue?

This guy's imbecillity seems reflexive.He wonders why the thread can't stay on point,but he was the one who introduced budget deficits plus charts to boot to a thread titled,Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush and proceeded to debate same budget issue. The mind of the stupid works in bewildering ways grin
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Nobody: 2:14am On Nov 08, 2007
RichyBlacK:

Another distraction from the useful task of bashing George W. Bush.

If you really want us to get on with that debate, give us the following facts (preferably with refernce):
1. Current generation capacity, actual production and target production for Nigeria.
2. Current generation capacity, actual production and target production for Iraq.

Thank you.

Apparently you decieve yourself that all the drivel you type is akin to a "debate". More like the rantings of one with obsessive compulsive disorder.

It is laughable that you want to compare the "current generation capacity" between one nation that claims to have been developing since 1967 and one that has had almost all its infrastructure destroyed with 4 yrs of war and yet still generates more power than you.

When next are you going to compare Nigerian and Sudanese road networks in terms of yet more verbose terms?
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Tornadoz(m): 2:18am On Nov 08, 2007
It is laughable that you want to compare the "current generation capacity" between one nation that claims to have been developing since 1967 and one that has had almost all its infrastructure destroyed with 4 years of war and yet still generates more power than you.
When was Richyblack made the minister for electricity? You still haven't answered my 3 questions?
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 2:20am On Nov 08, 2007
I-man:

By the same logic,why do you focus on Bush,are you a tax paying American resident/citizen? If the fact that Nigeria generates less electricity than Iraq is irrelevant to a Nigerian,how does Bush affect a slowpoke living in Benin ?

Ogbe mi, your brother davidylan has already stated that you don't have to be US citizen to criticize the a US or to bash George W. Bush. And I agree with him on that (a rarity). Every person breathing has the right to criticize a fool whose dumbness can lead to actions that could stop every breath in the world.

What is a Benin based slowpoke's concern with the Israeli/Palestinian conflict?Do you work for the UN?

Geographical location is irrelevant when it comes to discussing issues regarding a nuclear-armed rogue state like Israel. A country that has succeeded in making a (potentially) wonderful country like the US to be one of the most hated in the world.

What's your contribution apart from impotent rants from Benin?

Those rants make more sense than whatever you wrote as your Bachelor's thesis (oops, that is if you even went that route - sorry my bad).

How dumb do you have to be to think that asking Nigerians to put things in perspective is akin to insisting that it is their duty to make Nigeria a great nation? How dumb is Tornadoz? grin

Obviously, the capacity to distinguish between a citizen and the government eludes you. grin
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 2:21am On Nov 08, 2007
"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB/GYN's aren't able to practice their love with women all across the country."—Sept. 6, 2004, Poplar Bluff, Mo., GWB
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Tornadoz(m): 2:23am On Nov 08, 2007
Here's another gem from Bush
"The best way to find these terrorists who hide in holes is to get people coming forth to describe the location of the hole, is to give clues and data." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 15, 2003

Please stay on topic am enjoying this one.

@Richyblack have you got more quotes?
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Nobody: 2:24am On Nov 08, 2007
RichyBlacK:

Ogbe mi, your brother davidylan has already stated that you don't have to be US citizen to criticize the a US or to bash George W. Bush. And I agree with him on that (a rarity). Every person breathing has the right to criticize a fool whose dumbness can lead to actions that could stop every breath in the world.

Of course you have every right to "criticise" George Bush . . . the problem is Bush is far better than all the buffons that you parade in your own corridors of power put together. Even the Iraqis in war time seem to be more organised. Such a shame.

The fellow busy drinking palmwine in a Benin beer parlour shld be ashamed of himself. Using generators to insult George Bush!  shocked Wonders shall never end.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 2:29am On Nov 08, 2007
davidylan:

Apparently you decieve yourself that all the drivel you type is akin to a "debate". More like the rantings of one with obsessive compulsive disorder.

It is laughable that you want to compare the "current generation capacity" between one nation that claims to have been developing since 1967 and one that has had almost all its infrastructure destroyed with 4 years of war and yet still generates more power than you.

When next are you going to compare Nigerian and Sudanese road networks in terms of yet more verbose terms?

Oh my God, you're a real nut case!

You made claims about electricity production. I want to engage you in that debate. I ask you for the figures (with reference) as a starting point. You come up and type that nonsense. Are you schizophrenic or what? Is is adult ADHD?

Can you provide me with the evidence (data) you make your frivolous claims on?

Meanwhile, let me continue bashing one of your gods (we know the rest grin) George W. Bush:

"You see, not only did the attacks help accelerate a recession, the attacks reminded us that we are at war."—Washington, D.C., June 8, 2005
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Tornadoz(m): 2:31am On Nov 08, 2007
"This very week in 1989, there were protests in East Berlin and in Leipzig. By the end of that year, every communist dictatorship in Central America had collapsed." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Nov. 6, 2003
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Tornadoz(m): 2:36am On Nov 08, 2007
@Richyblack
See you later am off to bed. Am not going to stay awake at silly o'clock just to engage putrid I-man or stay here and speak "retardese" with davidylan.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 2:38am On Nov 08, 2007
Tornadoz:

"This very week in 1989, there were protests in East Berlin and in Leipzig. By the end of that year, every communist dictatorship in Central America had collapsed." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Nov. 6, 2003

@Tornadoz,

I think some of these "thou shall not use the name of Bush in vain" crowd do not understand the beauty of these quotes from GWB. I mean they are truly original and smart people can't come up with that kind of stuff. Maybe a thread dedicated to explaining [i]Bushisms [/i]is in other.

"This notion that the United States is getting ready to attack Iran is simply ridiculous. And having said that, all options are on the table."—Brussels, Belgium, Feb. 22, 2005, GWB
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Iman3(m): 2:40am On Nov 08, 2007
davidylan:

The fellow busy drinking palmwine in a Benin beer parlour shld be ashamed of himself. Using generators to insult George Bush! shocked Wonders shall never end.

grin grin grin Maybe he is frustrated that despite his "intelligence",less intelligent people like Bush get to the high echelons of power while he is stuck with making impotent comments about the US from his Benin beer parlour.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Nobody: 2:40am On Nov 08, 2007
Tornadoz:

@Richyblack
See you later am off to bed. Am not going to stay awake at silly o'clock just to engage putrid I-man or stay here and speak "retardese" with davidylan.

NEPA don take light.  grin Wake up early to fetch water from the well down the road tomorrow and pls watchout for potholes . . . we dont want you to have a car crash and wind up in primary health care centers (aka federal medical center) where they give you panadol and wait for you to expire.

Are your primary school children now having classrooms to sit in or are they still making do with tree branches?  grin So much for George Bush being a slowpoke.

Too bad no one is bothered about Yar Adua enough to put up any memorable quote about him.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 2:41am On Nov 08, 2007
Tornadoz:

@Richyblack

Nna, go sleep. You don try.

But I like that word - retardese.

Goodnight, fellow Gladiator!
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Nobody: 2:45am On Nov 08, 2007
RichyBlacK:

Nna, go sleep. You don try.

But I like that word - retardese.

Goodnight, fellow Gladiator!

na true the drunkard don try. He needs to conserve fuel in his generator to bash bush tomorrow night.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 2:47am On Nov 08, 2007
I-man:

grin grin grin Maybe he is frustrated that despite his "intelligence",less intelligent people like Bush get to the high echelons of power while he is stuck with making impotent comments about the US from his Benin beer parlour.

davidylan:

NEPA don take light. grin Wake up early to fetch water from the well down the road tomorrow and please watchout for potholes . . . we don't want you to have a car crash and wind up in primary health care centers (aka federal medical center) where they give you panadol and wait for you to expire.

Are your primary school children now having classrooms to sit in or are they still making do with tree branches? grin So much for George Bush being a slowpoke.

Too bad no one is bothered about Yar Adua enough to put up any memorable quote about him.

Two lost boyz!

No matter how long you stay in America and UK, if you like become citizen sef, you will NEVER be treated like most Americans or Britons. Your black asses and heavily accented English will always give you away as an "outsider". Keep deceiving yourselves.

You insult Nigeria, you insult yourself. Until you renounce your Nigerian citizenship, both of you mentally challenged goons are still Nigerians - whether you like it or not!
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Nobody: 2:53am On Nov 08, 2007
@ RichyBlack . . . none of us is denouncing Nigeria, however unlike you we are not so daft and deluded as to think that we have any right to bash George Bush when all we have in comparison is Abacha, Babangida, Obj, Shagari and Yar Adua!

I refuse to be a part of a bunch of hypocrites using candles to look for memorable quotes of George Bush when Yar Adua is busy snoring while Nigeria burns.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 2:54am On Nov 08, 2007
davidylan:

Of course you have every right to "criticise" George Bush . . . the problem is Bush is far better than all the buffons that you parade in your own corridors of power put together. Even the Iraqis in war time seem to be more organised. Such a shame.

The fellow busy drinking palmwine in a Benin beer parlour shld be ashamed of himself. Using generators to insult George Bush! shocked Wonders shall never end.

Otete, you're a Nigerian. Those so-called buffoons are also your leaders. Stop deceiving yourself, that America you're in is making you loose your mind!

Except you renounce your Nigerian citizenship, you're still a Nigerian. All bashes on Nigeria, invariable hit you. undecided

My God, there should be a limit to dumbness! This is just amazing!
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 2:59am On Nov 08, 2007
davidylan:

@ RichyBlack . . . none of us is denouncing Nigeria, however unlike you we are not so daft and deluded as to think that we have any right to bash George Bush when all we have in comparison is Abacha, Babangida, Obj, Shagari and Yar Adua!

I refuse to be a part of a bunch of hypocrites using candles to look for memorable quotes of George Bush when Yar Adua is busy snoring while Nigeria burns.

Okay, I understand your point on our bad leaders, but I disagree with you on using a situation beyond an individual's control to make fun of that individual.

I'm sure you still have relatives in Nigeria. Are you blaming them also for Nigeria's ills? Or is it only people on Nairaland that disagree with you?

The situation in Nigeria is bad, but it's getting better (though a bit too slowly). The citizens of Nigeria deserve better leaders, however, using the bad situation to make fun of fellow Nigerians (who also want to see that positive change) is in bad taste.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Nobody: 3:02am On Nov 08, 2007
RichyBlacK:

Otete, you're a Nigerian. Those so-called buffoons are also your leaders. Stop deceiving yourself, that America you're in is making you loose your mind!

Except you renounce your Nigerian citizenship, you're still a Nigerian. All bashes on Nigeria, invariable hit you. undecided

My God, there should be a limit to dumbness! This is just amazing!

The dumb person here is invariably you even though you dont know it. You think you do your country a favour by refusing to speak out against executive indolence while you continue ranting at George Bush.
Dont forget to put fuel in ur generator or buy kerosene for ur stove.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 3:03am On Nov 08, 2007
Getting back to bashing Bush, I don't understand why you guys don't enjoy it. The fool will be out in 2008. A democrat will be sworn in January 2009. And the world would have dodged a bullet. Bush is bad for all living things in the world. He is war-hungry, can't reason very well, lied about WMD, easily influenced by Lucifer (Dick Cheney) and has very myopic view of the world.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Nobody: 3:11am On Nov 08, 2007
RichyBlacK:

The situation in Nigeria is bad, but it's getting better (though a bit too slowly). The citizens of Nigeria deserve better leaders, however, using the bad situation to make fun of fellow Nigerians (who also want to see that positive change) is in bad taste.

Unlike Nigeria, the situation in the US is pretty good even after 8 yrs of a Bush presidency.
You think that to use the bad situation in Nigeria to make fun of fellow Nigerians is in bad taste? I'm at loss to describe this exhibition of double speak.
What right then have you to come here bashing Bush and the US?

RichyBlacK:

Getting back to bashing Bush, I don't understand why you guys don't enjoy it. The fool will be out in 2008. A democrat will be sworn in January 2009. And the world would have dodged a bullet. Bush is bad for all living things in the world. He is war-hungry, can't reason very well, lied about WMD, easily influenced by Lucifer (Dick Cheney) and has very myopic view of the world.

lol and you honestly think Abacha, Obj and Yar Adua are more intelligent than George Bush? grin If Nigerians were given a choice to live in Bush's America or Yar Adua's Nigeria, we dont need to guess which they would pick.

Continue hunting for memorable quotes in the dark.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 3:11am On Nov 08, 2007
davidylan:

The dumb person here is invariably you even though you don't know it. You think you do your country a favour by refusing to speak out against executive indolence while you continue ranting at George Bush.
Dont forget to put fuel in your generator or buy kerosene for your stove.

You should go try your hands on comedy - you really make me laugh.

I speak out against the government, especially the last one (1999-2007). Just a huge waste!

But what I won't do is to speak out against your sister living in Nigeria - blaming her for Nigeria's problems.

Where I live, I don't need fuel for any generator - don't have any. We have constant supply of electricity. Thank you very much.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Iman3(m): 3:12am On Nov 08, 2007
Richy "Finesse of Macroeconomics" Black mangles logic the way a hungry dog mangles his food.By his logic,all those Americans who knock America or Bush are unpatriotic citizens.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 3:18am On Nov 08, 2007
I-man:

Richy "Finesse of Macroeconomics" Black mangles logic the way a hungry dog mangles his food.By his logic,all those Americans who knock America or Bush are unpatriotic citizens.

This irritant is still around? Ol' boy get a life and chip in something intelligent, instead of trying to attack me. If I point my guns at you, you'll be blown to smithereens. If you have nothing to say, then shut the f&%k up! Snide remarks only make you look like a 5th grader seeking attention from his classmates.

Yarn something, let's listen to you! Haba! Is that so difficult?
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Nobody: 3:24am On Nov 08, 2007
RichyBlacK:

This irritant is still around? Ol' boy get a life and chip in something intelligent, instead of trying to attack me. If I point my guns at you, you'll be blown to smithereens. If you have nothing to say, then shut the f&%k up! Snide remarks only make you look like a 5th grader seeking attention from his classmates.

Yarn something, let's listen to you! Haba! Is that so difficult?

If you had been "chipping in anything remotely close to half intelligent we wouldnt have had to descend so low to tackle neanderthals like you.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 3:37am On Nov 08, 2007
davidylan:

Unlike Nigeria, the situation in the US is pretty good even after 8 years of a Bush presidency.
You think that to use the bad situation in Nigeria to make fun of fellow Nigerians is in bad taste? I'm at loss to describe this exhibition of double speak.
What right then have you to come here bashing Bush and the US?

Though Bush is unfathomably stupid, not eve that level of stupidity can drastically affect America in 8 years. That said, there are so many things worse now compared to 2000 when Bush just took power. The Republicans lost both houses in 2006 mid-term elections because of Bush's stupid and idiotic policies. The American people are not happy with Bush.

lol and you honestly think Abacha, Obj and Yar Adua are more intelligent than George Bush? grin If Nigerians were given a choice to live in Bush's America or Yar Adua's Nigeria, we don't need to guess which they would pick.

Continue hunting for memorable quotes in the dark.

America's current stability is not as a result of Bush's intelligence (he has no intelligence by the way). The stability is due to the fact that the economy is largely in private hands. The boardrooms of America's major and minor companies are still filled with people who mostly make smart decisions. Also, the federal structure, which guarantees appropriate devolution of powers to the states, ensures that a lunatic in the White House will have minimal effect at the state level. A good example is Schwarzenegger's action about greenhouse emissions, while Bush was denying global warming. The separation of powers among the judiciary, legislature and the executive arms is still intact, hence ensuring adequate checks and balance on a fool like Bush. Also, press freedom remains unchallenged and so enabling the media to expose criminal activities of the Bush White House like torture, illegal access to phone conversations and email traffic, etc.

America is built on strong foundations that adapt quickly, especially when idiots occupy the White House. Not even Bush, with all his dastardly antics can drastically bring down America - 8 years is just too small to pull that off!
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 3:40am On Nov 08, 2007
davidylan:

If you had been "chipping in anything remotely close to half intelligent we wouldnt have had to descend so low to tackle neanderthals like you.

Well, since we belong to the same species that also makes you a Neanderthal!
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 3:41am On Nov 08, 2007
"See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction."—Milwaukee, Wis., Oct. 3, 2003 GWB
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Nobody: 3:49am On Nov 08, 2007
RichyBlacK:

Though Bush is unfathomably stupid, not eve that level of stupidity can drastically affect America in 8 years. That said, there are so many things worse now compared to 2000 when Bush just took power. The Republicans lost both houses in 2006 mid-term elections because of Bush's stupid and idiotic policies. The American people are not happy with Bush.

You are now delving into the realm of insanity. Stop shedding crocodile tears on behalf of the Americans . . . the very people you claim are not happy with Bush gave him 2 (TWO) terms as president. Are the republicans asking you for help in recovering their seats lost to the Iraq war?
At least you know that bad government policies can affect political parties in the US . . . how many seats is PDP set to lose over the Etteh scandal? Oh i forgot you guys dont practice democracy . . .

RichyBlacK:

America's current stability is not as a result of Bush's intelligence (he has no intelligence by the way). The stability is due to the fact that the economy is largely in private hands. The boardrooms of America's major and minor companies are still filled with people who mostly make smart decisions. Also, the federal structure, which guarantees appropriate devolution of powers to the states, ensures that a lunatic in the White House will have minimal effect at the state level. A good example is Schwarzenegger's action about greenhouse emissions, while Bush was denying global warming. The separation of powers among the judiciary, legislature and the executive arms is still intact, hence ensuring adequate checks and balance on a fool like Bush. Also, press freedom remains unchallenged and so enabling the media to expose criminal activities of the Bush White House like torture, illegal access to phone conversations and email traffic, etc.

too much story . . . just compare the above with your own country. Where do we rate on greenhouse emissions? We havent even solved the problem of vehicle emissions and you are here crying loudly about Bush and global warming.

At least you know the legislature in the US keeps Bush in check . . . is it the Etteh-led legislature that will keep Yar Adua in check?
You talk of press freedom and yet glibly ignore the fact that Yar Adua presided over a state that implemented sharia in disregard to the constitution. You cry about torture in the US . . . forgotten about MEND, Bakassi boys, almajiris and of course the Nigerian police?

RichyBlacK:

America is built on strong foundations that adapt quickly, especially when idiots occupy the White House. Not even Bush, with all his dastardly antics can drastically bring down America - 8 years is just too small to pull that off!

Good thing you realise this. I would have assumed you'd be channeling most of ur energy to ensuring Nigeria is also built on a strong foundation too.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 4:04am On Nov 08, 2007
davidylan:

You are now delving into the realm of insanity. Stop shedding crocodile tears on behalf of the Americans . . . the very people you claim are not happy with Bush gave him 2 (TWO) terms as president. Are the republicans asking you for help in recovering their seats lost to the Iraq war?
At least you know that bad government policies can affect political parties in the US . . . how many seats is PDP set to lose over the Etteh scandal? Oh i forgot you guys don't practice democracy . . .

too much story . . . just compare the above with your own country. Where do we rate on greenhouse emissions? We havent even solved the problem of vehicle emissions and you are here crying loudly about Bush and global warming.

At least you know the legislature in the US keeps Bush in check . . . is it the Etteh-led legislature that will keep Yar Adua in check?
You talk of press freedom and yet glibly ignore the fact that Yar Adua presided over a state that implemented sharia in disregard to the constitution. You cry about torture in the US . . . forgotten about MEND, Bakassi boys, almajiris and of course the Nigerian police?

Good thing you realise this. I would have assumed you'd be channeling most of your energy to ensuring Nigeria is also built on a strong foundation too.

O'l boy I tire for you. I think you need help.

We are talking about Bush's role (none) in America's stability and you start talking about Nigeria and Yar' Adua.

Two questions for you:

1. Am I more Nigerian than you are?

2. Are you more American than I am?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Libyans Under Gaddafi Live A Better Life Than Americans / Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire / Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.