Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? (10471 Views)

Poll: Can you remain friends with an ex after being intimate?

Yes: 52% (50 votes)
No: 31% (30 votes)
Not sure: 16% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

What My Bro Did To An Ex (classic Blast) / Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? / My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? by dasparrow: 9:46pm On Apr 01, 2012
tivta: Is it just me or is it difficult to remain friends with an ex especially when you are a guy? I know most girls dont have problems with being friends with an ex but i usually wonder how you girls feel being friends with a man who is entered your honey pot before? Guys what do you also feel under such situation?

How old are you? As an adult, should you not already know the answer to that question? Why do you want to remain friends with an EX? so that you can despoil her like you Nigerian bred males are fond of doing? Please go and get a job and make yourself useful to society and whilst you are at it, stop fornicating. Heaven and hell is as real as day and night. Repent or face eternal damnation when your life on earth is up. Peace, out!
Re: Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? by obimind(m): 10:32pm On Apr 01, 2012
iyatrustee: @ ogbongzyk, must u guys always link everytin to financial gains? wonder d kind of girls u guys here date sha. undecided
@Iyatrustee, I don't blame ogbongzyk cus what he jst said is the gospel truth. Once u're financially balanced ladies don't easily giv up on u. I'm talking out of experience.
Re: Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? by obimind(m): 11:28pm On Apr 01, 2012
knowledge4: The Bible says ''flee every appearance of evil''
Friendship with an 'Ex' is sure temptation to adultery.
Many people (men and women) who allowed friendship with an 'Ex' end up in adulterous relationships with each other.
Let sleeping dogs lie. Avoid any form of intimacy with an 'Ex', if you really value your relationship with your God and your spouse and do not want to damage or sour it.
Infact ur update is a straight up warning 4 me which I pray to live up to. Thanks for ur words of advice.
Re: Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? by emiye(m): 12:27am On Apr 02, 2012
I dont suggest it, never be deliberate friends with your ex.

I noticed most ladies sees nothing wrong in it, the irony is that ladies are the weakest emotionally and are the most liable to being manipulated.

To the ladies who claim they can still stay as close friend to their exes, i will advice you stay clear, it has been proven to be the cheapest way for a Lady, married or single to cheat, though sometimes unintentionally.
Re: Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? by Nobody: 1:09am On Apr 02, 2012
emiye: I dont suggest it, never be deliberate friends with your ex.

I noticed most ladies sees nothing wrong in it, the irony is that ladies are the weakest emotionally and are the most liable to being manipulated.

To the ladies who claim they can still stay as close friend to their exes, i will advice you stay clear, it has been proven to be the cheapest way for a Lady, married or single to cheat, though sometimes unintentionally.

Tell dem,any woman who thinks she can remain frnds with her ex is doing it for security,n most times to gain a favour in the future any guy who says he wants to be frns with his ex just wants to sleep wit her again if its feasible
Re: Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? by Metalgoong(m): 1:58am On Apr 02, 2012
dasparrow:

How old are you? As an adult, should you not already know the answer to that question? Why do you want to remain friends with an EX? so that you can despoil her like you Nigerian bred males are fond of doing? Please go and get a job and make yourself useful to society and whilst you are at it, stop fornicating. Heaven and hell is as real as day and night. Repent or face eternal damnation when your life on earth is up. Peace, out!

You frustrated old hag really need some psychiatric help. Venting your anger on faceless Nairaland/Nigerian males wont extricate you from your mental disabilities.
Please seek help!!!! sad
Re: Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? by 190: 6:12am On Apr 02, 2012
grin grin grin
Re: Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? by Tobiustobius: 7:41am On Apr 02, 2012
~Killz~:
No i can't. It makes no sense whatsoever to remain friends with someone who discombobulated your emotions, auctioned it, and eventually sold it. An ex is an ex. Remove the old, and make way for the new. I won't hate her, but i won't pick up the phone to call and find out about her whereabouts. I'll only communicate with her when we meet accidentally at an event or any random place. . . Meeting her would never be premeditated.

She's not the only one that can make me happy, why would i allow her make me miserable by remembering our past everytime i see her as just a friend? Life goes on gaddammit! cheesy

Exactly.
Re: Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 02, 2012
Metalgoong:

You frustrated old hag really need some psychiatric help. Venting your anger on faceless Nairaland/Nigerian males wont extricate you from your mental disabilities.
Please seek help!!!! sad
Bros thanks,thank u again.
Re: Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? by Rastamann: 7:55am On Apr 02, 2012
Why not if not?
Re: Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? by kpolli(m): 9:13am On Apr 02, 2012
It depends on how we broke up
Re: Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? by Daresh(f): 9:42am On Apr 02, 2012
emiye: I dont suggest it, never be deliberate friends with your ex.

I get what you are saying, and I sort of feel you. I don't think you shd be close friends, like hanging out and all that because true true, anything can happen. Sometimes when I want a man's view on an issue I call my ex to see what's normal and what is suspicious. But, I haven't seen ANY of my exes in a while and I don't plan to. They r more like far away friends and truly they can help you.
Re: Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? by peren: 10:21am On Apr 02, 2012
Bad idea! Tried it once and I ended up jealous. Go your way I go mine! However we are civil if we do run into each other!
Re: Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:31am On Apr 02, 2012
NEVER!!

I tried it, but I notice that the emotional attachment never breaks like that!! Chances are if we remain friends, we get jealous of each others new relationships and start fighting.

But one thing with all my ex's is, we almost always kiss whenever we meet and nobody is looking. . and if the conditions are perfect, we make sweet love!!
Re: Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? by Olaolufred(m): 12:06pm On Apr 02, 2012
How the relationship ends matters.
But I have made up my mind to make sure that no matter what ends it, how it ended or why it did? I should be able to meet them in future and introduce them to my wife as an Ex I told her of.
Of the two ex I had, I am having the best of friendship with Julian till today.
The other seems offended even though her actions prompted my reactions.
It is good to make peace if the ex is willing to embrace it.
Re: Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? by tivta(m): 2:20pm On Apr 02, 2012
dasparrow:

Why attack me for bringing up a topic that will educate people? Haba. Some people sef. I have no words to say to you Mr man.
Re: Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? by tivta(m): 2:29pm On Apr 02, 2012
Like i said. I personally find it difficult keeping friends with my ex due to the fact that there is always the chance of hooking up again. Well as i also mentioned, most or some women have no problem with keeping friends with ex's and they usually end up being intimate with them either knowning or unknowingly. So ladies is best to eat with a long spoon when dealing with an ex. Yes your ex may be in the position to help but usually they will require you to pay in kind. I just wish most girls will learn that something goes for something when dealing with an ex.
Re: Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? by Sike(m): 6:37pm On Apr 02, 2012
Why not... If not.
Re: Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? by PweetyJay(f): 11:25pm On Apr 02, 2012
Nope, Can't, especially if deep feelings were involved.
Re: Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? by jackima: 10:47am On Apr 03, 2012
Parted! Everyone to ur tent oh Israel.
Re: Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? by Daresh(f): 1:25pm On Apr 03, 2012
tivta: Like i said. I personally find it difficult keeping friends with my ex due to the fact that there is always the chance of hooking up again. Well as i also mentioned, most or some women have no problem with keeping friends with ex's and they usually end up being intimate with them either knowning or unknowingly. So ladies is best to eat with a long spoon when dealing with an ex. Yes your ex may be in the position to help but usually they will require you to pay in kind. I just wish most girls will learn that something goes for something when dealing with an ex.

That is not always true. My ex helped me and never asked anything in return.
Re: Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? by 190: 1:27pm On Apr 03, 2012
jackima: Parted! Everyone to ur tent oh Israel.

why do i love that statement
Re: Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? by affigurl5(f): 2:21pm On Apr 03, 2012
tivta: Is it just me or is it difficult to remain friends with an ex especially when you are a guy? I know most girls dont have problems with being friends with an ex but i usually wonder how you girls feel being friends with a man who is entered your honey pot before? Guys what do you also feel under such situation?

I don't believe any gurl that says she and her Ex er frens and nothing's goin on btw them.... it's a difficult task...I hv Ex's that i choose to b frens with them, but they still demand for sex, which made me flied.... so, wen i hear ppl say they er fren's with their ex, i just laff....
Re: Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 03, 2012
Re: Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 03, 2012
YEA. I GO FIT. I GET UP TO 4 OF MY EX GUL FRIENDS WEN WE STILL DEY PING AND TALK. I NOR DEY BREAK UP MY RELATIONSHIP O. WE DEY SIT DOWN TALK AND COME TO COLUSION. THEN WE GO STILL BE FRIENDS COS ANY OF US FIT HELP EACH OTHER TOMORROW AND IN CASE I WAN BEANS WE FIT STILL BEANS.

MANY GULS TOO HARSH, WETI BE THE NEED OF BREAK UP THEN QUREEL. ABEGI UNA GO STILL BE FRIEND COS IT GET SOME KIND TIME WEN U GO STILL TINK ABOUT HER OR SEE HER FOR ROAD SHE GOP COME OVER SET PASS BEFORE. THEN IF UNA QUREEL U NOR GO FIT BEANS AGAIN NA. BUT IF UNA STILL BE FRIENDS U CAN STILL BEANS ANY TIME EVEN IF SHE DON GET NEW GUY

DOG NOR DEY RUN FROM THE OWN. MOSTLY IF U SABI BANG WELLLA. grin
Re: Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? by 190: 4:59am On Apr 04, 2012
^what rubbish

is sex all that matters to you angry angry
Re: Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? by Goldieluks: 5:02am On Apr 04, 2012
writejhn27: YEA. I GO FIT. I GET UP TO 4 OF MY EX GUL FRIENDS WEN WE STILL DEY PING AND TALK. I NOR DEY BREAK UP MY RELATIONSHIP O. WE DEY SIT DOWN TALK AND COME TO COLUSION. THEN WE GO STILL BE FRIENDS COS ANY OF US FIT HELP EACH OTHER TOMORROW AND IN CASE I WAN BEANS WE FIT STILL BEANS.

MANY GULS TOO HARSH, WETI BE THE NEED OF BREAK UP THEN QUREEL. ABEGI UNA GO STILL BE FRIEND COS IT GET SOME KIND TIME WEN U GO STILL TINK ABOUT HER OR SEE HER FOR ROAD SHE GOP COME OVER SET PASS BEFORE. THEN IF UNA QUREEL U NOR GO FIT BEANS AGAIN NA. BUT IF UNA STILL BE FRIENDS U CAN STILL BEANS ANY TIME EVEN IF SHE DON GET NEW GUY

DOG NOR DEY RUN FROM THE OWN. MOSTLY IF U SABI BANG WELLLA. grin

Smh!
Re: Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? by shadshadyz: 10:49pm On Apr 04, 2012
O.Y.O
Re: Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? by shadshadyz: 10:49pm On Apr 04, 2012
O.Y.O !
Re: Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? by Youngpo413: 9:18pm On Jul 09, 2014
190:

why do i love that statement

even me too..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

17year Old Girl: I Drank My Boyfriend’s Sperms Mixed With Orange Juice / To Marry Your First Love / I'm Afraid Of The Way Most Young Ladies Are Into Sex This Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.