Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,902 members, 7,835,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. (7574 Views)

Please Help, My 4 Years Relationship Seems To Be Crashing Down / My Six Years Relationship Almost Crashing / Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by tuniski: 10:26am On Apr 02, 2012
This is unfortunate. I am just over this bigotry and fraud of religion myself. 12 yrs of loving and standing strong training d xtain lady thru university and her siblings only for her and family to come up with this nonsense of me being a moslem as if i wasnt a moslem all along. Well i have moved on, she waited to pick up a job with a bank to show this callousness of religious fraud. She has since lost the job and i always remember to pray for her as she is now in her thirties still single and now attending vigils and all manners of church activities. Love conquers all religion in this sense is a fraud!!!!!!
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by honeric01(m): 10:59am On Apr 02, 2012
cinammon: because som so called pastors do wrong dosnt min evrybody shud jus flow wit d tide...woteva religion u r,its up 2 u 2 kip up d standards..nobody is honorin 1 ova another...it u feel it is so much comfortable 2 b in a relationship wit som1 hu dosnt bliv in wot u stand 4 all gud 4 u...ofcus wen d kids com u wud hav 2 make up 4 wot names dey bare especially if ur partner is committed 2 dier faith,u wud hav 2 watch ur kids grow up not takin any religion serios,u wud hav 2 build a home where u all can't pray 2 God in a similar manner,how wud u evn encourage ur child 2 pray wen dey dnt hav d foundationas far as am concerned religion is a strong criteria except ofcus one was brought up 4rm a mixed marriage background...it goes on nd on...it dosnt guarantee d@ u wud hav a grt luv lyf buh anythin built on a shaky foundation wud neva b firm...

And what is the standard? with all our religious rubbish we practice, WHY IS NIGERIA SO SCREWED UP? your child can choose whose religion to follow if both couple can shine forth with good qualities, it's not about training them to pray, rather it's about living a life that would make them see praying as something they should DO willingly.

Haven't you seen people who pray before going for a robbery operation? those who pray before going to hotels to work as prostitute? those who pray before leaving for the office to use their pens to steal and defraud people? i say again, until we understand that religion is a barrier, we won't grow, what people should emphasize on is your spirituality and personal communion with God.

2 Likes

Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by honeric01(m): 11:02am On Apr 02, 2012
honeric01:

And what is the standard? with all our religious rubbish we practice, WHY IS NIGERIA SO SCREWED UP? your child can choose whose religion to follow if both couple can shine forth with good qualities, it's not about training them to pray, rather it's about living a life that would make them see praying as something they should DO willingly.

Haven't you seen people who pray before going for a robbery operation? those who pray before going to hotels to work as prostitute? those who pray before leaving for the office to use their pens to steal and defraud people? i say again, until we understand that religion is a barrier, we won't grow, what people should emphasize on is your spirituality and personal communion with God.

Because you were raised in a same-faith home does not deter you from being a criminal or love-peddler, it's by grace and by God's mercies.. Pastor's kids turn to criminals, impregnate girls here and there, turn to ashawo, e.t.c same with Alfa and Imam's kids, they do same too, so what then do we blame for these acts
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by honeric01(m): 11:02am On Apr 02, 2012
honeric01:

Because you were raised in a same-faith home does not deter you from being a criminal or love-peddler, it's by grace and by God's mercies.. Pastor's kids turn to criminals, impregnat girls here and there, turn to ashawo, e.t.c same with Alfa and Imam's kids, they do same too, so what then do we blame for these acts
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by cinammon(f): 1:15pm On Apr 02, 2012
U jus won't undastand...it cud b ok 4 u buh not 4 all..d examples of nigeria,robbers nd love peddlers dosnt evn apply..if am sayin I won't pray because dey do bad stuffs y don't I say I wnt eat because bad ppl eat too...pls b realistic..am so sure d@ many of u condemin d idea of different religions wud b champions wen it coms 2 different tribe issue...jus d wae u c a problem in marryin 4rm a different tribe is how it is 4 som wen it coms 2 religion...we r all entitled 2 our views so stop takin it personal..
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by Killz3(m): 1:20pm On Apr 02, 2012
Too much long story on this thread. . .

Stay the hell off Inter Religious Marriages. And marriages where your partner does not share the same faith or have the same belief as you. . . EOD!
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by honeric01(m): 1:46pm On Apr 02, 2012
~Killz~:
Too much long story on this thread. . .

Stay the hell off Inter Religious Marriages. And marriages where your partner does not share the same faith or have the same belief as you. . . EOD!

Learn to speak for yourself.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by honeric01(m): 1:50pm On Apr 02, 2012
cinammon: U jus won't undastand...it cud b ok 4 u buh not 4 all..d examples of nigeria,robbers nd love peddlers dosnt evn apply..if am sayin I won't pray because dey do bad stuffs y don't I say I wnt eat because bad ppl eat too...pls b realistic..am so sure d@ many of u condemin d idea of different religions wud b champions wen it coms 2 different tribe issue...jus d wae u c a problem in marryin 4rm a different tribe is how it is 4 som wen it coms 2 religion...we r all entitled 2 our views so stop takin it personal..

No one is saying you should not pray, but i am just trying to point out to you that religion is really not what should dictate to us who to marry, rather we should seek what gives us peace, some of us are the reason why another person is likely going to see the light but when you restrict yourself from those you should show the light, then how do you expect them to see the light?

Religion in Nigeria is a barrier to good things (FACT) and please there's a BIG difference between being religious (pray, go to church, bear christian/muslim names, own a bible/koran, stay around people with same belief), and be spiritual (working with God, being a reflection of what you truly practice to the fullest in act and in kind).
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by Abygul(f): 2:10pm On Apr 02, 2012
~Killz~:

Good! Now, to that effect, delete his number, his text messages, the texts you sent to him, delete him from facebook, untag him from your pics on Facebook, delete all his picture in your possession, Burn the physical ones. . . Unfriend his closest friends. The idea is for you to return yourself to how you were before he came into your life. . .

Omo mehn, NO TIME to sit and brood over something that can never be. . . something you have no power over. I'd rather you take control of your life, and be responsible for putting the pieces of your heart back. Let bygones be bygones! cheesy

Guy ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ wicked oooo. Haba so ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ jst wnt dis babe to throw all 3yrs jst lyk dat into gutter .
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by Abygul(f): 2:13pm On Apr 02, 2012
honeric01:

No one is saying you should not pray, but i am just trying to point out to you that religion is really not what should dictate to us who to marry, rather we should seek what gives us peace, some of us are the reason why another person is likely going to see the light but when you restrict yourself from those you should show the light, then how do you expect them to see the light?

Religion in Nigeria is a barrier to good things (FACT) and please there's a BIG difference between being religious (pray, go to church, bear christian/muslim names, own a bible/koran, stay around people with same belief), and be spiritual (working with God, being a reflection of what you truly practice to the fullest in act and in kind).

Nyc rght up.
Am a muslim married to a jehova witness. My dear it will suprise ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ dat  still do my prayers read my quran evry blessed mornin .

 dnt tink we youths of nao adaz shld allow somtins to hinda our happiness.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by cinammon(f): 3:44pm On Apr 02, 2012
@ HONERIC yea now I like ur last post...we finally arrive @ a point..am not emphasizin on religious activities buh den u cnt do without practisin ur faith if u r devoted 2 it..plus yes religion is not a criteria 4 pickin partners,jus a guide 2 avoid wrong decisions...I actually luv ur post
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by Saraha1(f): 4:13pm On Apr 02, 2012
Why most parent dont approve their daugther to marry outside their faith, it because after giving out their daugther for marriage , the husband's in most cases dnt allow their wife's to pratice her own religion b4 they got married.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by honeric01(m): 6:06pm On Apr 02, 2012
Sarah a: Why most parent dont approve their daugther to marry outside their faith, it because after giving out their daugther for marriage , the husband's in most cases dnt allow their wife's to pratice her own religion b4 they got married.

In the 2 major religion in Nigeria, at least in the south, no one is likely going to force his or partner to practice his or her religion because both religion knows that salvation is personal.

the Yoruba Muslim always use this term "esin baba o gbomo la", meaning "the religion of the father can't save the child" and in Christianity too, we believe the race to heaven is a lonely race, you won't get to heaven because you were born into a christian home, married a christian wife/hubby or bear a christian name, rather it's how you live yourself here on earth according to JESUS's teachings mostly in the NT.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by neyostica: 6:36pm On Apr 02, 2012
Mr honeric, to avoid future complications in decision making, its better you marry someone of the same faith, am a christian and i cant have alfa coming to teach my children quran cos my wife desires it.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by honeric01(m): 7:22pm On Apr 02, 2012
neyostica: Mr honeric, to avoid future complications in decision making, its better you marry someone of the same faith, am a christian and i cant have alfa coming to teach my children quran cos my wife desires it.

Speak for yourself, say it's better for u.

How can an alfa come to teach my kids Quran when my kids (by God's grace) will personally prefer to be like me or try to outclass me spiritually and in the things of Christ Jesus and even my wife too?

One thing you should know about life is that NO ONE'S RELIGION can save the other and secondly, my fiancee is from a Muslim home, but she's the only christian in her family and her DAD remains one of the best man i have ever known even though he's a Muslim.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by cinammon(f): 7:45pm On Apr 02, 2012
Honeric ur fiancee's case is an exceptional 1 if she decided 2 convert which is not a bad thing nd am sure d@ ha conversion wudnt hav bin wen she was a kid(except if both parents weren't muslims)as a grown up ofcus she wud knw ha left 4rm right...ok imagine d@ u end up marryin d@ fiancee of urs,hav kids.ur kids wud definately grow up as christians because dey wud follow dier parents footsteps..if ur wyf was a muslim,nd 1 of ur kids hu decides 2 b a muslim walks up 2u wit issues concernin dier decided religion,how do u want 2 advice dem nd bac ur self up wit realistic islamic views 4rm d quran wen u dnt hav d knowledge of it?or u wud rather ignore ur fatherly role nd post dem bac 2 dier mother cos she's d muslim?? D end result is ur kids won't b committed 2 1 faith,mayb d@s not an issue 4 u tho..rememba,train up a child in d wae he shud grow nd wen he is old he will not depart 4rm it,how do u wnt 2 fulfil d@ scipture if u allow ur toddlers 2 grow witout any stong believe in dier faith?
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by neyostica: 7:58pm On Apr 02, 2012
^^^^Dont mind honeric, hes dating a christian from a muslim background, isnt it different from a girl wearing hijab
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by Killz3(m): 8:17pm On Apr 02, 2012
honeric01:

Learn to speak for yourself.
Like you've been doing. . . Right?
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by peziz(f): 8:45pm On Apr 02, 2012
cry Honeric has taken over my thread.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by honeric01(m): 1:25am On Apr 03, 2012
cinammon: Honeric ur fiancee's case is an exceptional 1 if she decided 2 convert which is not a bad thing nd am sure d@ ha conversion wudnt hav bin wen she was a kid(except if both parents weren't muslims)as a grown up ofcus she wud knw ha left 4rm right...ok imagine d@ u end up marryin d@ fiancee of urs,hav kids.ur kids wud definately grow up as christians because dey wud follow dier parents footsteps..if ur wyf was a muslim,nd 1 of ur kids hu decides 2 b a muslim walks up 2u wit issues concernin dier decided religion,how do u want 2 advice dem nd bac ur self up wit realistic islamic views 4rm d quran wen u dnt hav d knowledge of it?or u wud rather ignore ur fatherly role nd post dem bac 2 dier mother cos she's d muslim?? D end result is ur kids won't b committed 2 1 faith,mayb d@s not an issue 4 u tho..rememba,train up a child in d wae he shud grow nd wen he is old he will not depart 4rm it,how do u wnt 2 fulfil d@ scipture if u allow ur toddlers 2 grow witout any stong believe in dier faith?

No ma, not an exceptional, there are alot of these around, you can't see them because you have restricted yourself from them "when you make it a me vs them thing" you won't see what's out there at the other end.

Now, i don't want my kids to grow up as Christians (religion), rather as a believer who understands why they must be Christ-like, alot of people grow up in christian homes without knowing anything about Christ or Christianity, remember to serve God is by choice, can't be inherited, so please it's not because both parents are Christians that makes a child thick in Christ, rather it's a personal thing hence the analogy of pastors and imam's kids.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by honeric01(m): 1:26am On Apr 03, 2012
~Killz~:

Like you've been doing. . . Right?

Young man, you don't say or type [b]EOD [/b]where matured minds are deliberating, that alone sums up why i feel you should speak for yourself.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by honeric01(m): 1:30am On Apr 03, 2012
neyostica: ^^^^Dont mind honeric, hes dating a christian from a muslim background, isnt it different from a girl wearing hijab

This is the problem with hypocrites in Christianity, You have issues dating people from other faiths right? but can you in honesty answer these questions?

1: do you do business with non-Christians?
2: Do you commit the same sins non-Christians commit?
3: Do you live around non-Christians?
4: Do you have non christian friends?
5: Do you really understand why Christ came to earth, who he came for and WHAT HE PREACHED AND PRACTICED while on earth?

If yes is your answer to any of these questions, kindly explain why and please tell us why dating a non-christian an abomination.

BTW, do not boast, less you fall, but i can tell you that my girl is very vast when it comes to the things of God and can take you on spiritual things anytime anyday and i have a truck load of trust for her than even some men of God/deacons/elders base on her track-record.

Pastor Tunde Bakare came from a Muslim home
Pastor David as i heard also came from a Muslim background
Pastor TB Joshua same too

And host of others.
Infact all Christians were once unbeliever, so what's your point with trying to make this an issue of you vs them?

THE ONLY TRUE WAY TO PROVE YOUR CHRISTIANITY IS BY YOUR FRUITS + GRACE AND NOTHING ELSE, NOT BY HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEEN GOING TO CHURCH, BEEN A CHRISTIAN BY ASSOCIATION, BY BIRTH, LOCATION, PEER PRESSURE or anything else.

1 Like

Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by honeric01(m): 1:36am On Apr 03, 2012
peziz: cry Honeric has taken over my thread.

I am sorry, but it's about time we knew the truth so it can set us free, do not restrict your peace of mind and happiness because of religion that does not guarantee heaven.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by nene1: 1:44am On Apr 03, 2012
Why do people get themselves involved in such situations? Why get into a relationship with someone you know you can't have a future with? 3 years if a waste of time to be with a man with no prospect of marriage. You can CHOOSE who to fall in love with. There is no such thing as love at first sight, there is LUST at first sight.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by nene1: 1:50am On Apr 03, 2012
I am not surprised that the guy is muslim. Muslims guys always love to mess around with Christian girls because they THINK that they are easier to bed. I am a muslim girl and I would advise Christian girls to not get involved with muslim men. Most just sleep with and date Christian girls, but when it comes time to settle down, he will marry a muslim girl that his family will approve of. For those that do end up getting married, it doesn't turn out well. Well that is in MY esperience. You can be friends with all types of people, but when it comes to marriage and sharing your life together, it can lead to a lot of problems if you don't have that common ground. People let so-called "love" bind them. Dating is fun and romance, but marriage is reality especially when the kids come. That is where the problems start. You never know someone 100% until you live with them. Having 2 different religions under one roof can cause too many clashes and confusion for the kids. People need to look at COMPATIBILITY in marriage as love can fade. Love AND compatibility is necessary for a marriage to work. You need something to keep you together during rocky times of your marriage. This fairy tale love leads people to make the wrong decisions. As women we don't have years to waste on 1 guy. We have a biological clock that ticks fast.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by honeric01(m): 2:11am On Apr 03, 2012
nene1: I am not surprised that the guy is muslim. Muslims guys always love to mess around with Christian girls because they THINK that they are easier to bed. I am a muslim girl and I would advise Christian girls to not get involved with muslim men. Most just sleep with and date Christian girls, but when it comes time to settle down, he will marry a muslim girl that his family will approve of. For those that do end up getting married, it doesn't turn out well. Well that is in MY esperience. You can be friends with all types of people, but when it comes to marriage and sharing your life together, it can lead to a lot of problems if you don't have that common ground. People let so-called "love" bind them. Dating is fun and romance, but marriage is reality especially when the kids come. That is where the problems start. You never know someone 100% until you live with them. Having 2 different religions under one roof can cause too many clashes and confusion for the kids. People need to look at COMPATIBILITY in marriage as love can fade. Love AND compatibility is necessary for a marriage to work. You need something to keep you together during rocky times of your marriage. This fairy tale love leads people to make the wrong decisions. As women we don't have years to waste on 1 guy. We have a biological clock that ticks fast.

The bolded can happen in any home be it same faith or not, do you know that even in Nigerian practiced Christianity, we have Christians and we have Christians? alot of divisions and most don't believe in the other, so if we are to also go by that, everyone should marry only from the church he or she attends because we have different foundations and doctrines in different churches and mosque.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by Killz3(m): 7:29am On Apr 03, 2012
honeric01:

Young man, you don't say or type [b]EOD [/b]where matured minds are deliberating, that alone sums up why i feel you should speak for yourself.
Sorry, you mean you are matured? And what makes you matured?

Inter Religious Marriages is NO NO! Proceed at your own Risk. . . That is NOT love. You are only blinded by lust!. . . E O D!!!
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by honeric01(m): 8:25am On Apr 03, 2012
~Killz~:

Sorry, you mean you are matured? And what makes you matured?

Inter Religious Marriages is NO NO! Proceed at your own Risk. . . That is NOT love. You are only blinded by lust!. . . E O D!!!

Once more, refer to my earlier advice.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by Killz3(m): 8:28am On Apr 03, 2012
honeric01:

Once more, refer to my earlier advice.
Refer to my earlier reply. . . Once more.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by honeric01(m): 8:59am On Apr 03, 2012
~Killz~:

Refer to my earlier reply. . . Once more.

Grow up, i never needed a reply from you in the 1st place. peace be with you.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by Killz3(m): 9:04am On Apr 03, 2012
honeric01:

Grow up, i never needed a reply from you in the 1st place. peace be with you.
Neither did i need a reply from you either, since you quoted me first. . . Grow up and stop quoting people unnecessarily. Cheers and have a nice peaceful day
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by Solaceye: 5:07pm On Apr 03, 2012
claremont]Whenever I see threads like this, I always thank God/gods that I'm an Atheist! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[/quote]
claremont: Whenever I see threads like this, I always thank God/gods that I'm an Atheist! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
[quote author=claremont]Whenever I see threads like this, I always thank God/gods that I'm an Atheist!
You need GOD's mercy. Cos you're not safe and save. You need JESUS. May HE be gracious unto you that your believe scatter for you to receive HIM and HIM only.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Guys Enjoy Mouth Action? / Love Or Madness? Pls Check This Picture / BIRTHDAY: Nicki Minaj Sets Internet Ablaze With Sultry Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.