Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan (71610 Views)

Chatting Apps that Required No Wifi Internet & No Data Plan / Etisalat Daily Facebook Subscription Plan, How To Opt Out (solved) / MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by rman: 8:32pm On Apr 03, 2012
amosy007:

ok why was it hard for mtn network to stop free browsing then? and why is it easy for them to stop it now?... I remembered i used a single cheat for abt one and half yr straight and mtn was aware of it coz it was all over the internet yet they didnt do anytin to it.. Does that mean they didnt have a way of stopping it after a week or they are not aware? They are but left it so more people can join the stupid network.... Today how many active mtn subscribers do we have? I remembered then i had more than 6 mtn sims and friends that have more than that ... Now i dnt even know where kept them .. again ! Let them block inactive subscribers or unregistered ones and see if they still have what they claimed to have

I still dont get your point. You claim you and your friends no longer use mtn and still argue that you contribute to their revenue. You are good as blocked already because you claim you are a passive subscriber. The business may look like a game of numbers to you but it is actulally a game of money. If MTN has so many in active subscribers like you claim, then who are the people responsible for the over 400Billion naira they decalred in 2010 as profits?

If a netwrok has 10million subscribers and only 2million are active and another has 5million subscribers with 4million active, I want to believe you understand the one with 4 million active subscribers will generate more revenue. How come GLO which is a distant second to MTN is only doing 30% of what MTN is doing in the same country. Since, based on your claims, MTN subscribers are passive.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by mckemsoc(m): 8:34pm On Apr 03, 2012
gentlegg: MTN IS A PURE FRAUD. I SAW THE ADVERT OF THE HOURLY SIMPLE SURF LAST WEEK AND IMMEDIATELY I SUBSCRIBED TO 300HRS - N13,000 FOR 3 MONTHS, HOPING TO ENJOY THE UNLIMITED DATA USAGE, PROBABLY A LOT OF ONLINE VIDEO STREAMING I'VE BEEN WISHING FOR. TO MY CHAGRIN THAT SIMPLE SURF IS NOT THE SAME SPEED WITH DATA BUNDLES. INITIALLY I THOUGHT IT'S FROM MY SYSTEM, BUT WHEN I PUT BACK MY GLO REMAINING PACKAGE, THE THING BROWSE AS FAST AS USUAL, THEN MY SIMPLE SURF AGAIN, AS SLOW AS A SNAIL. TO EVEN BROWSE IS QUITE SLOW LET ALONE VIDEO STREAMING OR DOWNLOAD(THE HIGHEST DOWNLOAD I'VE GOT IS 15KBPS. STILL TRYING TO CONFIRM WHAT'S HAPPENING, I SUBSCRIBED TO N100 - 10MB MTN BUNDLE, THE FEW MINUTES IT LASTED ON MY SYSTEM IT WAS AS FAST AS NORMAL MTN 3G DATA BUNDLES AND TRIED DOWNLOADING, THE LEAST I GOT IS 65KBPS BEFORE IT'S EXHAUSTED, SO I CONFIRMED THAT MTN PROGRAMMED THE SIMPLE SURF TO A DIFFERENT INTERNET BASE THAT IS SLOW AS ORDINARY DIAL UP, AND DON'T EVEN THINK OF ANYTHING VIDEO STREAMING.
RIGHT NOW AM REGRETTING THE 13K, INFACT THIS AFTERNOON I CALLED A FRIEND BEGGING HIM TO PAY ME ANY AMOUNT AND TAKE THIS SIMPLE SURF SO I CAN SUBSCRIBE BACK TO MY GLO, BUT THE GUY REFUSED. AND MTN NEVER ADVERTISED THAT THE SO CALLED UNLIMITED DATA SIMPLE SURF HAS A DIFFERENT SPEED OF INTERNET. PURE 419.

My bro! MTN is a SCAM Company, τ̲̅ђe earlier every1 get dat in2 dia brain τ̲̅ђe beta. Sowie =)) =)) =)) =))º°˚ ˚°º≈ laughingº°˚ ˚°º≈inº°˚ ˚°º≈chineseº°˚ ˚°º≈=)) =)) =))thun gai ya von thuo hooooocry cry cheesy =D =)).....vhun thoi hoa yaaaababa!!! This is unbelievable, CORPERATE SCAMMERS!
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Image123(m): 8:35pm On Apr 03, 2012
MTN's edge is that they were the first to get off the tracks. They've been around before the rest. And unfortunately, i should say they have better network COVERAGE than others. Nigeria is not only Lagos na. Simple Ogun state, trekKing distance from Lagos, other networks start fluctuating. Most of the other networks woo their customers with freebies, almost meaning that those customers cannot drop big money. MTN has customers who are ready to drop big money, not just recharge for mb.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 03, 2012
I remember the days of 50MB @ N500!
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 03, 2012
I'm going to say this again. There is no such thing as unlimited speed, no where in the world does it exist.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by NaijaNaWaa: 8:44pm On Apr 03, 2012
Everything about MTN is 419. Be careful with their offer. They don't allow their one kobo to go without extorting a million Naira off their customers.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by jethro2: 8:44pm On Apr 03, 2012
I think all the network in Nigeria usually have one problem or the other at various time. Some time the service can be so good that you say kudos and when the other side starts, hmmnnn. If you can afford two or more network i would say go for it and if not just keep ptaying that they dont mess you up at the most critical time.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by rman: 8:51pm On Apr 03, 2012
Kolababa: What MTN is charging in Nigeria is far higher than what they charge in South Africa and our government is not fighting this because MTN settle them regularly. Instead they are fighting BA and Virgin Atlantic for paying thousands of dollars to fly and to show ego and class.

The business environment is completely different so prices can not be the same. Most base stations are are being run on generators 24/7 while South Africa has uninterupted power supply. A very large part of their operating cost here goes to diesel supply for these generators. If MTN settles our government to continue unethical operation like you claimed, GLO, ETISALAT AND CO would have shouted. Unless they are all doing it which will make it difficult for the government to single MTN out.

And concerning the BA and Virgin issue, our government has got it all wrong. They are fighting for cheaper prices for first class and business class cabins not the economy class. I hope you know there is no price decripancy between Nigeria's econnomy class fare and Ghana's ( The country we are using as example in this case)
BA is simply using the law of demand and supply on Nigerians. If we are trying to flaunt money by rushing first class and economy class tickets and Ghanians don't, then don't blame BA or Virgin for charging Nigerians more these class of tickets.
What I expect a reasonably government to do, is to patronize the competition (ARIK) more, create competion on the same route with AIRNIGERIA, or stop flying first class and business class if they feel it is too expensive and prices will naturally come down.
DO NOT BE DECIEVED, OUR GOVERNMENT IS NOT FIGHTING FOR YOU AND I(Ordinary people). They are just trying to score cheap political points and it is working on you.

1 Like

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by rman: 8:54pm On Apr 03, 2012
sting_224: I'm going to say this again. There is no such thing as unlimited speed, no where in the world does it exist.

Thank you. But Nigerians want to believe it exists, because to them, everything must be free
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by rman: 9:02pm On Apr 03, 2012
Image123: MTN's edge is that they were the first to get off the tracks. They've been around before the rest. And unfortunately, i should say they have better network COVERAGE than others. Nigeria is not only Lagos na. Simple Ogun state, trekKing distance from Lagos, other networks start fluctuating. Most of the other networks woo their customers with freebies, almost meaning that those customers cannot drop big money. MTN has customers who are ready to drop big money, not just recharge for mb.

First to get off the track is not really an advantage in a technology driven enviroment. Mind you, we all forget the fact that 11 years ago when MTN started, MTEL and ECONET took off almost at the same time and MTEL already has the infrastructure on groung. NITEL base stations and switches are in place before MTN came. How come NITEL and MTEL could not survive in a market that MTN is making a killing? How come a company that was built from scratch was able to dominate NITEL/MTEL that has infrastructure on ground to the extent that MTEL is completely out of the picture?

1 Like

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by clemog: 9:06pm On Apr 03, 2012
Mtn or whatever they c themselves should go to hell. Who is interested in all their silly and useless plan. Carry go etisalat, airtel, and glo. You rule the world.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by rman: 9:13pm On Apr 03, 2012
zaibatsu: @rman, Nicely balanced responses there.

However, the question being asked by most prospective users of the service is a very simple one. Are the time-based bundles truly unlimited? The answer to that is an unqualified NO. Fair usage policies still apply to these plans. Simple case would be the 2 hour bundle which is throttled once you get to 100mb usage.

As to all the other "my Mercedes is bigger than yours" arguments, choose what works for you.

No operator will offer you unlimited downloads.
One of the major reason magic number failed is this. The traffic on their network then is so much that NCC has to compel then to stop it due to congestion.
Nigerians do not understand fair useage because even if they give unlimited download for two hours, they will want to download a complete season of ''LOST'', 24 and co within that limited time. smiley
zaibatsu: @rman, Nicely balanced responses there.

However, the question being asked by most prospective users of the service is a very simple one. Are the time-based bundles truly unlimited? The answer to that is an unqualified NO. Fair usage policies still apply to these plans. Simple case would be the 2 hour bundle which is throttled once you get to 100mb usage.

As to all the other "my Mercedes is bigger than yours" arguments, choose what works for you.

No operator will offer you unlimited downloads.
One of the major reason magic number failed is this. The traffic on their network then is so much that NCC has to compel then to stop it due to congestion.
Nigerians do not understand fair useage because even if they give unlimited download for two hours, they will want to download a complete season of ''LOST'', 24 and co within that limited time.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Image123(m): 9:23pm On Apr 03, 2012
rman:

First to get off the track is not really an advantage in a technology driven enviroment. Mind you, we all forget the fact that 11 years ago when MTN started, MTEL and ECONET took off almost at the same time and MTEL already has the infrastructure on groung. NITEL base stations and switches are in place before MTN came. How come NITEL and MTEL could not survive in a market that MTN is making a killing? How come a company that was built from scratch was able to dominate NITEL/MTEL that has infrastructure on ground to the extent that MTEL is completely out of the picture?
NITEL/MTEL belong to the government, that's a significant recipe for failure. The point i'm making by saying MTN got here first is wrt their current competitors airtel,etisalat and glo. Many across nigeria already had mTN simcards before they ever heard those names. MTN has ,unfortunately i say, better network COVERAGE. What this means is that you'd think 4times before dropping your MTN sim because most of your contacts already know it, and call/text you on it. Another thing is that, if you'd travel across country, your MTN sim would most probably get network, a position you can't count on for other networks. Another is that MTN understands human psychology and would not relent in bombarding you with adverts that they are the best. What other network spends more money on facelift adverts than MTN?

2 Likes

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by drake2(m): 9:32pm On Apr 03, 2012
MTN maybe the reason why other networks are working so hard to be better; since i tacitly abandoned their packet data for GLO, I have never regretted it. The competition is encouraged, what is expected of us is swift, continuous, swinging and wise decisions.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by khadaffi(m): 9:33pm On Apr 03, 2012
I am a business man and these are the following networks i use in browsing: mtn, glo, visafone, etisalat, starcoms, multilinks. What i can say is that it depends on your location. This will determine which network is good for you. But no sane or serious businessman will depend on a single network. As far as i know all the networks i listed above have seriously disappointed me on various occasion. Currently now, i use more of visafone to other network.

I also think more people use mtn for calls not for browsing and mtn service when it comes to browsing is bullshit. This is the reason why people online(internet) criticise them frequently. It doesn't happen in nairaland alone.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by rman: 9:39pm On Apr 03, 2012
Image123:
NITEL/MTEL belong to the government, that's a significant recipe for failure. The point i'm making by saying MTN got here first is wrt their current competitors airtel,etisalat and glo. Many across nigeria already had mTN simcards before they ever heard those names. MTN has ,unfortunately i say, better network COVERAGE. What this means is that you'd think 4times before dropping your MTN sim because most of your contacts already know it, and call/text you on it. Another thing is that, if you'd travel across country, your MTN sim would most probably get network, a position you can't count on for other networks. Another is that MTN understands human psychology and would not relent in bombarding you with adverts that they are the best. What other network spends more money on facelift adverts than MTN?

You are actually agreeing with me. If a business sees the bigger picture and tries to cover the entire country and other see only the cities is that MTN's fault? It called a Nigerian network and not Lagos, Abuja and co only network. What you are saying invariably is overall, they have the best network. Coverage is part of the quality metrics
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by rman: 9:42pm On Apr 03, 2012
Image123:

But I noticed the sentiments in your post by claiming A BETTER COVERAGE BY MTN IN NIEGRIA IS UNFORTUNATE. Haba
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by chuksme(m): 9:59pm On Apr 03, 2012
I have never seen a dubiours company like MTN in my life.I have asked this question several times.Is there anything good that can come out of MTN? but the answer is NO.

Just take a look at what they introduce above as a plan. Is there any beneficial thing there? It is only a stupid person that will go and subscribe for that nonesense.Etisalat is my data plan.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by mkmyers45(m): 10:08pm On Apr 03, 2012
Everyone whinning abt Mtn should go to competitors..For the foresee able future? no shaking for Mtn cool #StupidHaterz
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by surveycash(m): 10:20pm On Apr 03, 2012
Money Thieving Network
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by easyfem(m): 10:24pm On Apr 03, 2012
Hiss, their stupid 100 naira for 24 hour is even better than this idiot surfplan... This fucking mtn has № future in diz country anymore. . Everyone is using 2 fone now..glo to make call and mtn to receive call..many thanks to glo.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by RealMccoy1(m): 10:32pm On Apr 03, 2012
Why not try a no Data plan device sold by a Nigerian own Comany? gloreminvestment will allow you save turns of money when you buy their all new modem.
Watch the video and holla at me if you wish to know more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNos5-rZH38&feature=context&context=C4484e70ADvjVQa1PpcFM5zdIytNppXeNM7OW8bN32aRzNsx6sgK0=
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 03, 2012
yommy2sure: I dnt recharge my mtn line again...its strictly for receiving calls. They waste the money to ought to use to better their service for advert. Since i tried glo. I havnt looked back!

Gbam !! Same here. The only money I give them is that for BIS which I will be dropping this month for anoda network.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Machini(m): 10:38pm On Apr 03, 2012
When I saw "No Data Limits", I thought it ws goin to b sth like- subscribe with #1000/#2000/#3000 n browse for a month! Dis offer still has limits, infact plenty plenty limits.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by tommysparks: 10:48pm On Apr 03, 2012
number portability is the only messiah
that can redeem us from the clutches of emptyhen(mtn)
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Idiku2020: 11:11pm On Apr 03, 2012
No way I will stick with my etisalat. God forbid Mtn
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 03, 2012
This MTN ( empty head) are day light criminals , is this not thesame people that made a deal with OBJ when they first came to Nigeria? Sold sim card for 17k and if not for Glo that came to rescue us it would have being worse.

Now they want to deceive us again? NEVER ,i will continue to stick with my etimaster when it comes to data jejeli
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Image123(m): 11:21pm On Apr 03, 2012
rman:

But I noticed the sentiments in your post by claiming A BETTER COVERAGE BY MTN IN NIEGRIA IS UNFORTUNATE. Haba
It's rather unfortunate because that coverage is what's not keeping them on their toes, as it were. If the average man is in a place that has another network well established as MTN, He'd rather use and recharge this other network rather than MTN. The constant being that, nigeria is majorly populated by average and below average men.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 03, 2012
I see rman has been making unsuccessful efforts to convince us about how 'unfair' the criticisms against MTN are, and how great the network is. Obviously, he is NOT a neutral party; probably works for MTN or feeds off MTN in some way. That effectively shatters the credibility or integrity of anything you say in defence of MTN.

Contrary to the false claim a few of you (actually, two of you) made on this thread that "there is no such thing as unlimited downloads anywhere in the world", I must point out that that is a big lie. Just like the case in Nigeria, several countries have telecomm companies that offer both plans with data caps and plans without data caps, albeit with different price considerations. Even here in Nigeria, Starcomms i-Zap also has hourly plans, and even though it is not necessarily 3.5g speed, it is fast and stable enough to stream videos with minimal buffering, and download torrent files running into gigabytes in one night. So what point is MTN trying to prove by removing the cap on data and imposing a bigger cap on download speed (without clearly stating this fact in their deceptive adverts!)? It's pure fraud, and no amount of online propaganda can disprove that. A company that withholds such information and engages in such deceitful tricks with the deliberate intent of misleading subscribers and exploiting them is totally untrustworthy.

1 Like

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by eghosa77: 12:11am On Apr 04, 2012
Just yesterday i tried to pay for one of the MTN SURF package in Benin, all it keeps reply was "Sorry your subscription was unsuccessful, the plan is not available" immediately i switched to Etisalat and till now i am rocking with its Easy blaze sim...MTN na yeye...when it comes to browsing this time around...
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by eghosa77: 12:12am On Apr 04, 2012
Just yesterday i tried to pay for one of the MTN SURF package in Benin, all it keeps replying me was "Sorry your subscription was unsuccessful, the plan is not available" don't know what was wrong with them, immediately i switched to Etisalat and till now i am rocking with its Easy blaze sim...MTN na yeye...when it comes to browsing this time around...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See Why Your Infinix Phone Is Not Charging/ Not Charging Fast / Which Data Plan Is Best For A Heavy Internet User Like Me? / I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.