Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,922 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan (71607 Views)

Chatting Apps that Required No Wifi Internet & No Data Plan / Etisalat Daily Facebook Subscription Plan, How To Opt Out (solved) / MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by lifestyle1(m): 6:14pm On Apr 03, 2012
Try etisalat with IWPV5 on 3G Network you can get 250kbps when downloading. 8GB @ 1500 It also works on Multilinks

life_style32@yahoo.com

Free test is available from next week.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by NEROSKY(m): 6:28pm On Apr 03, 2012
5columnist: I cracked my MTN modem and put a glo sim in it because MTN is crab crap shit.... 4king south african useless company.
Pls help me to do mine, MTN is sucking me die,
imagine,i subscribed to mtn 3GB 9PM-6AM Last month widout observing D 3.G network,Edge was the order of day 4 dat whole month,i used 50MB In my 3GB monthly plan jst becuz of poor network in our vicinity,
i wish MTN was never my first line becuz they have done more harm dan good,pls shud i send my serial numba?
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by aieromon(m): 6:30pm On Apr 03, 2012
So people actually believed MTN would give an unlimited data plan without any catch?
Hmm hmm hmm lipsrsealed
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by ziccoit: 6:31pm On Apr 03, 2012
pro01:

This is a very important question. I can understand the reason for DSTV's continued dominance - afterall, there are no better alternatives. But in the case of MTN, there are alternatives. So I don't understand why or how it continues to be the market leader with the highest number of subscribers - in spite of the unrelenting outcry against it's poor services and exploitative tendencies. This is very intriguing indeed!

Let the NCC enable number portability and MTN would be an history except the company repents and listen to its teaming customers.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by amosy007: 6:32pm On Apr 03, 2012
rman:

In addition, MTN subscriber base is more than 40mill, which is around 50% of the entire market share.

Am still interested in the people on their network in Nigeria, because based on the reponse from nairalands forum members, they should be out of bussiness.

mtn didnt just make dat heavy subscribers base becoz they are people or customer friendly buh thru illegal means of marketing... I remembered mtn was the only network that had free browsing cheat rolled out before back in the days, b4 etisalat came into the scene...i remembered i was a die hard vmobile fan then buh was gradually switching to mtn just becoz i could browse d internet free illegal though.. I have so many friends that changed to mtn coz of the free browsing.. Then other networks are forming stingy with deir data while mtn kept wining more customers thru dis means... ... Another question why is etisalat becoming d fastest growing network nigeria today? Is it becoz their voice plan is cheap or what? O boy shine ur eye... Mtn is a scam and they have illegal way of wining customers... Remember magic number? Do u knw how many joined mtn coz of dat?

2 Likes

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Seun(m): 6:38pm On Apr 03, 2012
Unlimited plans will slow the network for everyone if they are in any way satisfactory to those who use them.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by rman: 6:42pm On Apr 03, 2012
amosy007:

mtn didnt just make dat heavy subscribers base becoz they are people or customer friendly buh thru illegal means of marketing... I remembered mtn was the only network that had free browsing cheat rolled out before back in the days, etisalat into the scene...i remembered i was a die hard vmobile fan then buh was gradually switching to mtn just becoz i cn browse d internet free illegal though.. I have so many friends that changed to mtn coz of the free browsing.. Then other networks are forming stingy with deir data while mtn kept wining more customers thru dis means... ... Another question why is etisalat becoming d fastest growing network nigeria today? Is it becoz their voice plan is cheap or what? O boy shine ur eye... Mtn is a scam and they have illegal way of wining customers... Remember magic number? Do u knw how many joined mtn coz of dat?

Based on your post above, you admitted browsing for free on a netwrok without paying and still called them a scam when it was stopped? NIGERINAS!!!
Any form of free browsing on any gsm netwrok is been done by crooks and the operators are constantly working round the clock to ensure this does not happen. Now people like you will congest their netwrok with your free browsing while the paying customers compalin of slow speed and poor services.
MTN will never use your free browsing strategy to win customers. For a guy that claim to be smart, how come you and your friends find it hard to dupm them when the free browsing was stopped. A sim and a modem would cost you not more than 6000 naira for any other operator.
Talk true, you got stuck because they offer the best services in your area.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by bigiyaro(m): 6:46pm On Apr 03, 2012
MTN is full of crap,perhaps @rman u should check d diffrence btwn subscribers n ACTIVE SUBSCRIBERS. i have a unique mtn number which i have not recharged for years (becos mtn are coprate armed robbers) ,i only recive calls with it.when the portable mobile number stuff becomes active in june then we shall see who the real ACTIVE market leader is. U should ask urself why everybody hate mtn.the voice of the people is the voice of GOD.

1 Like

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by UncleJJ(m): 6:47pm On Apr 03, 2012
[size=25pt]BROKE A.S.S NIGGAS[/size]
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by gentlegg(m): 6:49pm On Apr 03, 2012
MTN IS A PURE FRAUD. I SAW THE ADVERT OF THE HOURLY SIMPLE SURF LAST WEEK AND IMMEDIATELY I SUBSCRIBED TO 300HRS - N13,000 FOR 3 MONTHS, HOPING TO ENJOY THE UNLIMITED DATA USAGE, PROBABLY A LOT OF ONLINE VIDEO STREAMING I'VE BEEN WISHING FOR. TO MY CHAGRIN THAT SIMPLE SURF IS NOT THE SAME SPEED WITH DATA BUNDLES. INITIALLY I THOUGHT IT'S FROM MY SYSTEM, BUT WHEN I PUT BACK MY GLO REMAINING PACKAGE, THE THING BROWSE AS FAST AS USUAL, THEN MY SIMPLE SURF AGAIN, AS SLOW AS A SNAIL. TO EVEN BROWSE IS QUITE SLOW LET ALONE VIDEO STREAMING OR DOWNLOAD(THE HIGHEST DOWNLOAD I'VE GOT IS 15KBPS. STILL TRYING TO CONFIRM WHAT'S HAPPENING, I SUBSCRIBED TO N100 - 10MB MTN BUNDLE, THE FEW MINUTES IT LASTED ON MY SYSTEM IT WAS AS FAST AS NORMAL MTN 3G DATA BUNDLES AND TRIED DOWNLOADING, THE LEAST I GOT IS 65KBPS BEFORE IT'S EXHAUSTED, SO I CONFIRMED THAT MTN PROGRAMMED THE SIMPLE SURF TO A DIFFERENT INTERNET BASE THAT IS SLOW AS ORDINARY DIAL UP, AND DON'T EVEN THINK OF ANYTHING VIDEO STREAMING.
RIGHT NOW AM REGRETTING THE 13K, INFACT THIS AFTERNOON I CALLED A FRIEND BEGGING HIM TO PAY ME ANY AMOUNT AND TAKE THIS SIMPLE SURF SO I CAN SUBSCRIBE BACK TO MY GLO, BUT THE GUY REFUSED. AND MTN NEVER ADVERTISED THAT THE SO CALLED UNLIMITED DATA SIMPLE SURF HAS A DIFFERENT SPEED OF INTERNET. PURE 419.

1 Like

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by rman: 6:51pm On Apr 03, 2012
ziccoit:

Let the NCC enable number portability and MTN would be an history except the company repents and listen to its teaming customers.

Do you know what I think will happen when number portability starts? MTN subscribers will still continue to grow.
I have come to understand the online hatred for MTN, Nigerians love freebies and MTN's strategy is not about giving out freebies.
I know how the telecoms industry in Nigeria is, and NCC is constantly monitoring the activities of all the operators and international KPIs is used as bench mark to monitor all of them.
In most cases when these field tests are carried out in major cities in Nigeria, most of them dont really meet these KPI' but MTN is always coming tops generally. So, they actually have the best 2G and 3G network in Nigeria.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Thespecialone(m): 6:53pm On Apr 03, 2012
Out of curiousity, I tried the 20 hours plan, and I downloaded stuff worth over 3GB at HSPDA speeds. I was very surprised as I know MTN to be very stingy. To be honest,these plans could come in handy.

1 Like

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by rman: 6:57pm On Apr 03, 2012
bigiyaro: MTN is full of crap,perhaps @rman u should check d diffrence btwn subscribers n ACTIVE SUBSCRIBERS. i have a unique mtn number which i have not recharged for years (becos mtn are coprate armed robbers) ,i only recive calls with it.when the portable mobile number stuff becomes active in june then we shall see who the real ACTIVE market leader is. U should ask urself why everybody hate mtn.the voice of the people is the voice of GOD.

Yes, there is a big difference between, ordinary subscribers and active subcribers but based on your claim, you are already a passive subscriber like most nairalander. So, when number portability comes later this year, sims like yours will necessary not affect their bussiness. Why? You may ask. YOU NO LONGER USE MTN EVEN BEFORE NUMBER PORTABILITY
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by rman: 6:59pm On Apr 03, 2012
bigiyaro: MTN is full of crap,perhaps @rman u should check d diffrence btwn subscribers n ACTIVE SUBSCRIBERS. i have a unique mtn number which i have not recharged for years (becos mtn are coprate armed robbers) ,i only recive calls with it.when the portable mobile number stuff becomes active in june then we shall see who the real ACTIVE market leader is. U should ask urself why everybody hate mtn.the voice of the people is the voice of GOD.

THE VOICE OF LOGICAL REASONING AND FAIRNESS IS THE VOICE OF GOD. NOT VOICE OF SENTIMENTS!
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by callydon(m): 7:02pm On Apr 03, 2012
rman: Apparaently, everyone hates MTN in Nigeria but the realty on ground is they are the market leader and are still growing. In fact they added more than a million subscribers last year which is second only to Etisalat. Everytime I see threads about MTN and DSTV on nairaland, it is all hate, hate and hate from forum members. Unless nairaland is not a partial reflection of the Nigerian reality, and if it is, WHO ARE THOSE ON MTN NIGERIA'S NETWORK?
Dat people are still on d Mtn network doesn't mean they are d best. It jst means dat mtn WAS able to DECEIVE people into buying their lines back then wen people didn't knw d difference between a gud network n a bad one.
Now d Nigeria populace is wiser n they now knw dat mtn is a complete FRAUD...
To me ETISALAT Is d best.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Fyneagle: 7:09pm On Apr 03, 2012
c-zay:
One major disadvantage of the MTN Mobile
Internet and Fastlink usage is definitely
its Data bundle Limitations (100MB, 3GB
etc). Users often exceed their data limits
before its expiry date even without
downloading any file - Its just annoying
when you subscribe for a 250MB plan at
N1300 and its finished within 1 week.
The New MTN SIMPLE SURF plan seems to
be a solution to the data limit problems.
This is not really a first as Starcoms and
others have similar hourly plans but their
service coverage is very limited.
About MTN Nigeria Simple Surf Plan
The New MTN simple surf is Charged
HOURLY instead of amount of data used,
this gives users total control of their time
and amount spent online. You can subscribe
to MTN Simple surf from as low as 2 hours
to send or receive an email, download a file,
or video chat with a friend. Since it has a 2
days validity - you can use 1 hour, Logout
and use the remaining hour the next day.
You might also choose the 300 hours plan to
use at the office everyday (12 hours a day)
- which will likely last over a month.
MTN Nigeria Simple surf subscription
activation codes:
To subscribe for Any of the packages below
- Text the Required code to 131
2 HOURS at N250 - TEXT 2H to 131
(2days Validity)
20 HOURS at N1,500 - TEXT 20H to 131
(7 Days Validity)
100 HOURS at N5,000 - TEXT 100H to
131 (30 Days Validity)
300 HOURS at N13,000 - TEXT 300H to
131(90 Days Validity
NOTE: To save hours - Remember to
Disconnect Your Modem while not in use.. or
turn off Your Edge / 3G on mobile when not
needed.

Does it require the usual Fastlink modem and at what cost?
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by rman: 7:14pm On Apr 03, 2012
callydon:
Dat people are still on d Mtn network doesn't mean they are d best. It jst means dat mtn WAS able to DECEIVE people into buying their lines back then wen people didn't knw d difference between a gud network n a bad one.
Now d Nigeria populace is wiser n they now knw dat mtn is a complete FRAUD...
To me ETISALAT Is d best.

Let us assume it is true MTN is fraudulent, why is it that educated Nigerians (I assumed people that knows how to use the internet are), find it hard to leave their network. By the time Etisalat came and before sim registration, a sim card is as cheap as 150 naira. So the cost of joining a new network is not the issue. The competition in the GSM industry is so fierce that it is the only one that prices keep coming down even when their is no apparent drop in cost of operation in the business environment (Nigeria) or the technology is becoming cheaper (most are going for chinese equipments recently).

I keep will continue to ask why MTN is still succesful in Nigeria because they seem to be defying some kind of business logic based on nairaland.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by rman: 7:23pm On Apr 03, 2012
pro01:

This is a very important question. I can understand the reason for DSTV's continued dominance - afterall, there are no better alternatives. But in the case of MTN, there are alternatives. So I don't understand why or how it continues to be the market leader with the highest number of subscribers - in spite of the unrelenting outcry against it's poor services and exploitative tendencies. This is very intriguing indeed!

The term customers are always right may not really apply to Nigerians. Why? Because they always approach issues with sentiments.
The major reason why MTN is still growing is because they actually have the best network in Nigeria. The day the other operators can deliver a bigger coverage with better performance to people is the day MTN will start shrinking.
Most of the people here are probably kids looking for freebies on gsm network. Etisalat grew fast because they came with a good business strategy and targeted these youths.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by jude33084(m): 7:26pm On Apr 03, 2012
Thespecialone: Out of curiousity, I tried the 20 hours plan, and I downloaded stuff worth over 3GB at HSPDA speeds. I was very surprised as I know MTN to be very stingy. To be honest,these plans could come in handy.

Your coment is one in a million. Honest people r hard to find bro. We know mtn r stingy bt nt how people potra them
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by jolamos01(m): 7:32pm On Apr 03, 2012
I hate mtn data plan like mad.stingy and criminal company.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 03, 2012
Actually, when I came into Nigeria a couple of Months Back, Almost all of my subscriptions were time-based (2H, 20H, 100H) because I certainly didn't like the restrictions of the Volume Based plans (makes me always check the stats tab to make sure I'm not close to the limit).

Not sure what you guys mean with MTN playing Dubious but definitely when they mean "Unlimited", I think it's for real this time around. Who made the comment about 'Dropping Speeds'? WTF, You obviously cannot expect speeds to stay on an All-High Everytime.

I'm not ruling out the possibility of 'foul play' but even on the Volume Based bundles, you still have the DL speed dropping low sometimes. undecided

Come on folks, just try out a product before ranting - Not the other way round.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by johnezz(m): 7:43pm On Apr 03, 2012
I'm only using MTN because of their family&friends plan (10 pple can be registered).Apart from dat, dia is no gud thing in their network.
As for my etisalat, I can always recharge N200 airtime and get 15MB data & 10 MMS FREE/week! Free because I can still use the N200 worth of airtime for voice calls but the only problem i'm having with them is the unstability of their network signals.They need to improve, seriously on that aspect.
Aside that, thumbs up for ETISALAT!
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by whitedove(m): 7:51pm On Apr 03, 2012
santakris: Etisalat or Glo is better than Empty hen.
I can't laugh o oo. Empty Hen Indeed!

1 Like

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by rman: 7:53pm On Apr 03, 2012
HQ: Actually, when I came into Nigeria a couple of Months Back, Almost all of my subscriptions were time-based (2H, 20H, 100H) because I certainly didn't like the restrictions of the Volume Based plans (makes me always check the stats tab to make sure I'm not close to the limit).

Not sure what you guys mean with MTN playing Dubious but definitely when they mean "Unlimited", I think it's for real this time around. Who made the comment about 'Dropping Speeds'? WTF, You obviously cannot expect speeds to stay on an All-High Everytime.

I'm not ruling out the possibility of 'foul play' but even on the Volume Based bundles, you still have the DL speed dropping low sometimes. undecided

Thank you for bringing in logic. Nairaland is full of people in auto response mood. Some don't even digest the information and some actually base their response on what majority are saying. Just my thoughts
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by amosy007: 7:57pm On Apr 03, 2012
rman:

Based on your post above, you admitted browsing for free on a netwrok without paying and still called them a scam when it was stopped? NIGERINAS!!!
Any form of free browsing on any gsm netwrok is been done by crooks and the operators are constantly working round the clock to ensure this does not happen. Now people like you will congest their netwrok with your free browsing while the paying customers compalin of slow speed and poor services.
MTN will never use your free browsing strategy to win customers. For a guy that claim to be smart, how come you and your friends find it hard to dupm them when the free browsing was stopped. A sim and a modem would cost you not more than 6000 naira for any other operator.
Talk true, you got stuck because they offer the best services in your area.

ok why was it hard for mtn network to stop free browsing then? and why is it easy for them to stop it now?... I remembered i used a single cheat for abt one and half yr straight and mtn was aware of it coz it was all over the internet yet they didnt do anytin to it.. Does that mean they didnt have a way of stopping it after a week or they are not aware? They are but left it so more people can join the stupid network.... Today how many active mtn subscribers do we have? I remembered then i had more than 6 mtn sims and friends that have more than that ... Now i dnt even know where kept them .. again ! Let them block inactive subscribers or unregistered ones and see if they still have what they claimed to have
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Kolababa: 7:58pm On Apr 03, 2012
What MTN is charging in Nigeria is far higher than what they charge in South Africa and our government is not fighting this because MTN settle them regularly. Instead they are fighting BA and Virgin Atlantic for paying thousands of dollars to fly and to show ego and class.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by amosy007: 8:08pm On Apr 03, 2012
HQ: Actually, when I came into Nigeria a couple of Months Back, Almost all of my subscriptions were time-based (2H, 20H, 100H) because I certainly didn't like the restrictions of the Volume Based plans (makes me always check the stats tab to make sure I'm not close to the limit).

guy we are not talking abt network problem speed ... We are talking about trottled speed and it is programmed... Read the comment well
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by mckemsoc(m): 8:09pm On Apr 03, 2012
pro01:

Dsame question comes †☺ my mind every time i tot of τ̲̅ђe issue but 1 major thing i've come †☺ understand why MTN still hav τ̲̅ђe highest no of subscribers is dat in 9ja, we hardly let go of our old SIM. Imagine a line Ɣ☺u bought since 2003 & τ̲̅ђe majority of Ɣ☺ur biznes associate & Ɣ☺ur friends hav τ̲̅ђe numba, it'll βε̲̣̣̣̥ very difficult letin go of dat numba even wen τ̲̅ђe company is'nt performin †☺ Ɣ☺ur satisfaction hence dat's why many will rather hav two lines †☺ letin go off τ̲̅ђe old one.

1 Like

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by vicky4227(m): 8:11pm On Apr 03, 2012
Hi house, you know about those ads in complete sport on making money with football. I now have that ebook. Trust me it contains the information that any one needs to make money with football. I too have made money with this process, so it is no joke.
The issue now is that since people get that ebook for N2500 and N3000, now I have got it I will only send it to anybody email for nothing less than N750. if you need it call my number on 08066642832 or 08124431638 , I will give you my account number and will send you the ebook after I confirm payment. So if you need it call me or send me email at marshaljohn10@yahoo.com
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by zaibatsu(m): 8:22pm On Apr 03, 2012
@rman, Nicely balanced responses there.

However, the question being asked by most prospective users of the service is a very simple one. Are the time-based bundles truly unlimited? The answer to that is an unqualified NO. Fair usage policies still apply to these plans. Simple case would be the 2 hour bundle which is throttled once you get to 100mb usage.

As to all the other "my Mercedes is bigger than yours" arguments, choose what works for you.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by joyfun: 8:27pm On Apr 03, 2012
Starcomas is the best in pricing and service. I have been using their data limit plans for over a decade and price is cheaper, esp ezap. But i rarely do downloads so not sure if ,just surfing and emailing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See Why Your Infinix Phone Is Not Charging/ Not Charging Fast / Which Data Plan Is Best For A Heavy Internet User Like Me? / DOWNLOAD GB Whatsapp V18.50.0 Latest Version

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.