Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,691 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Do You Think Nigeria Can Actually Get Better? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Think Nigeria Can Actually Get Better? (8548 Views)

Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation / Can Nigeria Actually Get Better? You Are Being Deceived! / Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Can Actually Get Better? by prettyboi1(m): 12:29am On Apr 07, 2012
olajide_07:
Left to you and this current generation including I myself, that source for the easy way out, nigeria no fit better lailai, but I think we should bear something in mind the development in some areas of this country is not as a result of us, as most of us here just heard that this and that policy was enacted by the govt., of the day then, and by those that lead these areas in the past, AWOLOWO, et al, look at a picture I would post below and ask this question can nigeria ever be as clean neat as this? Where as nigerians stay in this same vicinity and they fit in well, What ever your response is would determine if you and I want to make nigeria better and that is doing It the hard way together.
Now ask yourself & give yourself honest answers. Do you @ Olajide_07 contribute anyway to making Nigeria neat or do you litter indiscriminately? If you litter indiscriminately,then get that picture off now cos that's COMPLETE HYPOCRISY. see why I always insist the country is only a product of the people's efforts & contributions? When the people play their parts honestly,the desired change would come. I for instance have made it a habit never to throw anything away anyhow,if I don't see a real dustbin or refuse can,Id hold on to the trash even if I see a heap of dirt beside me. That's a little part of my contribution because I want to see a clean/neat environment. Now imagine if every Nigerian was doing this,we would also have very clean environments EVERYWHERE.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Can Actually Get Better? by prettyboi1(m): 12:38am On Apr 07, 2012
manmustwac: As long as the masses keep waiting for some invisible guy in the sky to come down and solve the country's problems, instead of taking the bull by the horn and doing it themselves Nigeria will NEVER EVER get better cry cry

#GBAM....
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Can Actually Get Better? by prettyboi1(m): 12:47am On Apr 07, 2012
We need a resolution in this country,we have to topple all corrupt governments across the country & deal with everyone of these corrupt officials strongly. This would also make everyone going into offices of government be cautious & not be corrupt because they would always remember that the people are watching & are ready to revolt. We can start online sef...MILLIONS OF NIGERIANS CAN'T BE STOPPED BY THESE CORRUPT PEOPLE. LET US START A RESOLUTION NOW. Gather people online first & we can all stand up in all the states of the country on the same day & the same time.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Can Actually Get Better? by prettyboi1(m): 12:50am On Apr 07, 2012
ANY BODY THAT CAN COME UP WITH ONLINE WAYS OF SPEAR-HEADING THE ABOVE SUGGESTION SHOULD GIVE IT A TRY PLS....WE ARE TIRED OF CORRUPTION & A BROKEN NATION.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Can Actually Get Better? by reini: 7:53pm On Apr 07, 2012
Yes Nigeria [b]will [/b]get better. Nigeria is already getting better.

Listen, developed countries were not "born" developed. The UK, Germany, France, etc all had periods of underdevelopment. The fact that you alive in this time when Nigeria happens to be underdeveloped does not mean we will remain this way. It is foolhardy to think we will remain at this stage of development. Change will happen, and I'm not just saying that out of some misguided, brainwashed, belief. It is either we change with the times, or we become extinct. By the way, how do you define growth/development? Relatively, compared to other countries, or Absolutely compared to what we can earn and afford?
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Can Actually Get Better? by Dede1(m): 9:10pm On Apr 07, 2012
I must say that anybody who is born in Nigeria and lived abroad while visiting Nigeria will declare that the country is a practical joke at the airport. NIGERIA WILL GET WORSE

The moment the person gets to Nigerian officials at the airport, the sense or variable of what is considered as a nation evaporates. On the road from the airport will present another unforgettable silliness from the touts on the roads called Nigerian Police and Army.

While in Nigerian cities, you will definitely mistake the scenery for Serengeti Park. The worse aspect of Nigeria comes from the so-called elected and appointed officials. Nigeria is one of the God-forsaken places on earth where a governor will close a public road because the governor is either on lunch break or ready to go for one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects / We’re All Prisoners In Poorly Governed Nigeria, Peter Obi Tells Inmates / Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.