Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,059 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Bukateria ("Buka") Food! - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Bukateria ("Buka") Food! (9988 Views)

5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) / The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? / The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by mosiate(f): 1:26pm On Jul 26, 2005
anu or aun which eva,i'm telling you iwill deal with you,if not dat i don't want Mr adminstrator to ban me from this site iwould have slap you.you this useful element rolleyes.if you think i need glasses you and jogego come and buy for me now. rolleyes
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by anugirl(f): 1:32pm On Jul 26, 2005
i thought as much, we'll definitely buy u 1 if u don't mind   tongue

Iya insurance rolleyes
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by mosiate(f): 1:45pm On Jul 26, 2005
aun what are u trying to,u're intimedate me abi,that you people have money ok,hum I'm saying it i will still slap that close up mouth for you,u this fruitful element
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by anugirl(f): 2:03pm On Jul 26, 2005
I dey wait o!

shioo... nonsense rolleyes
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by mosiate(f): 2:19pm On Jul 26, 2005
god save if not for the peopple holding me,i would have given a dirty slap.ruubish
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by CimonJorr(m): 4:53pm On Jul 26, 2005
*this reminds me of all those fufu sellers at Obalende*

Madam, give me one plate of dry-fish pepper soup and one Star...

ChiChi... Bring chair make I siddon look this fight...

Oya, continue...  grin

ps.. No holding oh.. make I see things... wink grin
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by CimonJorr(m): 5:04pm On Jul 26, 2005
Ma ChiChi...

Please no forget that plate of fried tortoise... In fact, make am two self.. this one dey interesterful...

Chi Chi.. One more Star... Cold one oh.. that one wey be like say e don block... Enh hen.. that one..

Thanks my dear...

Oya.. continue..
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by hotangel2(f): 5:57pm On Jul 26, 2005
Simon!!!!!!!!! Fried tortoise?
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by sade(f): 10:40pm On Jul 26, 2005
mosiate:

see anoter gbeborun,(aunty sade)i tell you say i know get mouth to am, if i know tell am why you know kuku help,since you self the chof for buka like aun and jogego(husband and wife) why you no go pokenose.(i'm just kidding)

Why wont I gbeborun at least na my korokoro eyes I take see una..anyway sha I've assured you say Jogego is for you lojokojo.

bolasho:

Mosiate, anu, sade & jogego na wetin self na chop we dey chop for this thread no bi love or na fight make i call wetin una dey do now self.

No mind us jare we just dey pull legs for here...habba why we go dey fight..for wetin..as for me sha I can only fight for the sake of food nothing more

aunty sade abi wetin dem call you sef you come hia kon dey talk wetin you no know abi... who tell you say jogego is for mosiate ehn rolleyes Ameboooo grin
[quote][/quote]

Ok sorry o.I never knew he is for you as well.Are you fighting for your own interest or what abeggggiii my sister talk straight o..so I will understand or you won speak in parable..infact I tire for una here....

J...o..g..e..g..o.... are you there.?.E be like say they won crucify me for this forum o.But trust me I refuse to be crucified.
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by CimonJorr(m): 1:17am On Jul 27, 2005
I'm just kidding. We all know Mama ChiChi only sells pepper soup, and Nkwobi, don't we? wink

Posted on: Yesterday at 05:57:27 PM Posted by: hot-angel

Simon!!!!!!!!! Fried tortoise?
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by hotangel2(f): 3:20am On Jul 27, 2005
ha.. okay oo. i was abt to start running from you. But what's nkwobi?
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by Pinky(f): 1:15pm On Jul 31, 2005
this thread is a nice one, but i've noticed peeps replying re those outside Nigeria,..wat a pity u all re missing.
as for me, i gat a very bad eating habit.. i dont eat almost all good food. i take junks & love to eat out, i grew up disliking all solid food except eba. in my final days in the university.. i was introduced to Correct Amala with abula & ogufe.. today i take it but i cant recollect eating it in buka, i buy & take home {for no particular reason though}
i cant eat amala in anybody's house, not even when it's properly prepared in my house.. i just have to eat buka Amala grin
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by IAH(f): 6:22pm On Aug 02, 2005
When I was in secondary school, we used to jump over the fence to eat in buka! The favorite was Olubusayo Food canteen. We would eat betta amala, fufu or rice instead of the junk they served in the dining hall. Also when I was in OAU, there was a place called Buka and  the tradition is/was for your toasters to take you there to eat at the best eatery there called Spices. Even though the fried-rice was always smelling of smoke and the chicken was usually uncooked, you would still go back to brag to your room-mates that one bobo took you to Buka! Hmm...such funny memories of BUKA. grin
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by CimonJorr(m): 7:35am On Aug 03, 2005
Posted on: July 27, 2005, 03:20 AM by: hot-angel 

ha.. okay oo. i was about to start running from you. But what's nkwobi

hmmm... how do I describe this...
ok..

If you know Isi-Ewu.. Imagine a similar dish, but made using Brokoto instead of goathead..

[apologies to the 'experts' in the house...  wink]
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by hotangel2(f): 7:26pm On Aug 03, 2005
hmmmmkay. I get it.
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 17, 2005
in my case once im in school it's all buka food for me. except i get free grub in a friend/relation's place. but on the real cooking is way way cheaper. i better go learn to cook properly (stew and soup) cos i'll soon be on that independent sh*t (NYSc and life afterwards) and money is to be managed
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by CimonJorr(m): 12:04pm On Oct 18, 2005
Ur British equivalent of mama-put..

Fish and chips... or Kebabs... wink
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by CimonJorr(m): 12:08pm On Oct 18, 2005
South African equivalent of suya....

Brye... wink
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by SEGUN2003(m): 3:22am On Oct 23, 2005
I have been outside my dear Nigeria for 4 years and I will be going home to spend my fantastic holiday there. I am counting the days, hours and seconds to enter one of these Buka places to eat mt hearts out, so my fellw Nigerians who won't be going home these year, eat your hearts out. It's going to be a wwhole month of fantastic food!!!!
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by MIADC: 9:58pm On Nov 02, 2005
You all wouldn't believe that I came across this forum by doing a search for ewedu.  I've been craving ewedu like crazy and thought I'd find the English or latin name for it but found you all instead.  Nice memories of home o ja re.  My favorite meal na amala and ewedu with just the right amount of iru.  Yes, abi you all no sabi iru ni?

Anyway, I go eko last xmas and we commot Lagos go Abeokuta go chop amala for buka.  One mama dey Abeokuta who dey world famous for im betta buka-licious meals.  And you wouldn't believe who took me. . my parents and uncle.  These na de same people who strongly forbid us to eat outside of the home.  So much so that during holidays, we go wait until they went off to work and then go find the mama Agonyin for ewa agonyin wey we chop with better local bread; they were 50 kobo in those days.  My gbegiri experience was in Surulere wey one mama dey near the Oni'le gbogboro (apt) bridge wey de sell sweet, sweet Tuo ati gbegiri ati ewedu. . . .oooh, just the memory want make me cry sef.  You wey dey Houston dey enjoy o.  NOthing even close to proper Buka dey DC.
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by deeade(f): 8:05pm On Nov 09, 2005
u crave amala amd ewedu? can't find it? where do u live? if u go to ur nearest african market or latino market, ask for jute leaves. shd be in the freezer section, with other vegetables. smileyenjoy!
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by snazzydawn(f): 10:10pm On Dec 19, 2005
lawdy lawd!!!u eat people's sweat?ouch!!!bukateria?Hell,no!!!
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by CimonJorr(m): 10:39pm On Dec 20, 2005
Ajebo... grin
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by snazzydawn(f): 11:13am On Dec 27, 2005
this one don pass ajebo levels.u sef check,the dirty environment,the swat in de food.arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by CimonJorr(m): 12:25pm On Dec 27, 2005
When you were on campus, back then, how did you think the food was prepared?..

You don chop food for weddings before...

Any difference?? grin

snazzydawn:

this one don pass ajebo levels.u sef check,the dirty environment,the swat in de food.arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by snazzydawn(f): 5:13pm On Dec 27, 2005
In campus,I ate in the good,rather expensive restaurants(in school premises)I can't jeorpadise my health by eating in[i]some[/i] places.Even at events,I rarely eat,and when I do,it's in good places!!!haha!!!
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by Soulful(m): 7:29pm On Dec 27, 2005
snazzy....you don;t know what you are missing..

I've often found in term sof naija restaurants at least that the posher the environment....the worse the food!!

The best naija food is often to be found in places where it doesn;t look so good but meeeemnnn so tasty!!!

Do youself a favour and try proper food.....your stomach will be forever grateful!!
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by snazzydawn(f): 7:32pm On Dec 27, 2005
thanks,but no,thanks!!! cheesy
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by Soulful(m): 7:34pm On Dec 27, 2005
Haba....

where is the harm in trying something once.........be adventurous.....you might surprise yourself....:-)
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by IAH(f): 7:41pm On Dec 27, 2005
Soulful, I suggest you take Snazzy to Buka on New Year's day and let her come to Nairaland to tell us about the tantalicious finger-licking experience! cheesy cheesy
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by Soulful(m): 7:42pm On Dec 27, 2005
Snazzy...

Are you up for the challenge??
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by SEGUN2003(m): 12:43pm On Feb 05, 2006
After about 6 years of absence from Nigeria, I went home this december. I was very dissapointed with lots of things but going to a BUKA was one of the best things on this journey. I went to Lagos Island to visit a friend, I asked him to take me to a place with real Nigerian food, he took me to those Bukas near the central bank. On getting there I thought the environment was a bit doubtful but after the first handful of fufu with some breathtaking ogufes, I had to confess, BUKA is one of the 10 wonders of life. It is a pity that the Catfish can be so expensive therefore affordable for so few though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amazing Health Benefits Of Groundnuts (ekpa) / My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? / What Can I Do With "old" Puff Puff?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.