Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Bukateria ("Buka") Food! - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Bukateria ("Buka") Food! (9987 Views)

5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) / The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? / The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by CimonJorr(m): 7:06pm On Feb 05, 2006
not catfish...

OBOKUN grin grin grin
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by papermoon(f): 8:23pm On Feb 05, 2006
MY BESTEST BUKA experience was when i went to see my cousins in ile-ife and we went to this shacked up shack called IGBEYIN-ADUN??...the food was heavenly....the pounded yam was so perfect and the snailskai,,the size of my left tit..HUGE...and guess what?the guy serving the stew gave me extra meat because he said im a fine oyinbo gayl(he almost wet his pant when i said.eyan mi ni e meaning you are my person)....but you should have seen the mamas face who owned the place..her eye strrroong....i heard she doesnt joke with money..wetin concern me..i whacked the meat...and washed my hand in this huge basia of omi ishanwo.....
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by CimonJorr(m): 1:10am On Feb 07, 2006
Yo' funny girl.... grin grin grin

papermoon:

MY BESTEST BUKA experience was when i went to see my cousins in ile-ife and we went to this shacked up shack called IGBEYIN-ADUN??...the food was heavenly.the pounded yam was so perfect and the snailskai,,the size of my left tit..HUGE...and guess what?the guy serving the stew gave me extra meat because he said im a fine oyinbo gayl(he almost wet his pant when i said.eyan mi ni e meaning you are my person)....but you should have seen the mamas face who owned the place..her eye strrroong.i heard she doesnt joke with money..wetin concern me..i whacked the meat...and washed my hand in this huge basia of omi ishanwo.....
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by snazzydawn(f): 11:04am On Feb 07, 2006
hmmm,nor be small thing
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by ono(m): 11:52am On Feb 07, 2006
Bukas, mama-put etc no qualms with them, so long as they are clean. I pick mine here in Warri. And I set standards. The place must be clean.

Now, there's this place off Airport Road where one Calabar woman cooks. For once, it's the cleanest mama-put in town. So, when I eat my sizzling hot semovita and edikaikong soup in the afternoons in that place, I know I will need more than one hour for break in the office!!!
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by buckeye(m): 8:53am On Mar 03, 2006
kudos to the person that started this thread, @ jogego, i remeber that particular buka at shita that u were talking about. It is beside the LSDPC estate and beside Surulere Night Club at Akerele. i used to queue at that buka too, but there is this amala buka i like to go again. the buka is at Babalola rd in Itire, dont know if anybody know that place .
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by LoverBwoy(m): 5:48pm On May 29, 2006
abeg make una ignite this thred o!!

im loving it!! grin
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by dominobaby(f): 6:55pm On May 30, 2006
@ bukeye, where u at? That buka on babalola road, itire! My o my! My entire family, i no go lie, enjoy that buka's meal. Even my aunt, whenever she visited lag from Aba, made sure she always ate there before leaving lag, and this is someone who ordinarily doesn't like amala.
let me tell u g.u.y.s one secret. Then, whenever we felt like eating, i would be given money to bike to and fro and i'll carry my school rucksack, lil did u know it was full of coolers which in turn was to be filled with hot sizzling amala n orishirishi!
Gosh!!! I so miss that place, (we've moved)
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by buckeye(m): 4:12pm On May 31, 2006
dominobaby:

@ bukeye, where u at? That buka on babalola road, itire! My o my! My entire family, i no go lie, enjoy that buka's meal. Even my aunt, whenever she visited lag from Aba, made sure she always ate there before leaving lag, and this is someone who ordinarily doesn't like amala.
let me tell u g.u.y.s one secret. Then, whenever we felt like eating, i would be given money to bike to and fro and i'll carry my school rucksack, lil did u know it was full of coolers which in turn was to be filled with hot sizzling amala n orishirishi!
Gosh!!! I so miss that place, (we've moved)

hmm, so u know that buka? its one of the places to visit whenever i go to naija. i cant lie i am thinking of the place right now.
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by dominobaby(f): 4:49pm On May 31, 2006
@ buckeye, u bet, its one place to visit. I make sure i go there anytym am around itire.
Honestly no one wud eat there once n refuse to have more!!!
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by LoverBwoy(m): 9:04pm On May 31, 2006
Hmm noting the addresse down wink
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by buckeye(m): 5:57pm On Jun 01, 2006
LoverBwoy:

Hmm noting the addresse down wink

Haha cheesy @ loverbwoy, i cant help you with the address maybe Dominobaby can, i havent been there for like forever and am still thinking about that joint.

@Dominobaby where are u at?
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by LoverBwoy(m): 3:05am On Jun 02, 2006
buckeye:

kudos to the person that started this thread, @ jogego, i remeber that particular buka at shita that u were talking about. It is beside the LSDPC estate and beside Surulere Night Club at Akerele. i used to queue at that buka too, but there is this amala buka i like to go again. the buka is at Babalola rd in Itire, don't know if anybody know that place .

lol i hope this buka is still functioning oh , is itire in laogs?

hmmm hot Amala n ewedu with gigantic beef kai!!! and all fresh too no frozen shizzle all organicĀ  grin
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by dominobaby(f): 9:49pm On Jun 02, 2006
Sure, am glad to help. Jst dat i dnt knw d number(neva cared as long as i knew d place), its on babalola street, babalola bustop, off itire road dat links to mushin.
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by dominobaby(f): 9:53pm On Jun 02, 2006
@loverbwoy, itire is in lagos. I'm missing dat place too n i avnt bn anywhere near there in a long while.
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by zebudaya(m): 7:16pm On Jun 06, 2006
Buka food is overated.!
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by LoverBwoy(m): 7:27pm On Jun 06, 2006
dominobaby:

@loverbwoy, itire is in lagos. I'm missing that place too n i avnt bn anywhere near there in a long while.

domino dont worry grin that'll be our first date location, hope u wont use fork n spoon cheesy

as for me i will wash hand wellaaa open shirt sit comfy i go bring my own water sha
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by LoverBwoy(m): 7:29pm On Jun 06, 2006
zebudaya:

Buka food is overated.!

maybe where u live, they no sabi cook wink or too much flies and agburo
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by zebudaya(m): 8:28pm On Jun 06, 2006
most of you people are just like middle class American kids who wear white tees, put jewellry in their teeth and claim that they are killing "n|ggas" and robbing "n|ggas"

What is so nice about buka food loverbwoy?. I ate at bushpath (what you know about that). At I ate at Nicon Noga the food at Nicon Noga, and Sheraton was better and more hygienic

I'm not saying buka tastes bad, I'm just saying the way everybody is raving about buka reminds me of the Emperor's clothes. People in Yankee are saying I miss buka food, oh oh give me a break, like you try it when you go back home

Buka food is OVERRATED !
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by dominobaby(f): 8:57pm On Jun 06, 2006
@loverbwoy, fork n spoon ke? When ma hands can do justice? Lol.

@zebu, no one is overating bukas here aight? I mean, pple are telling how much dey miss something n u say they are over rating it. Probably u don't like d food and environment, others do, aight?
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by LoverBwoy(m): 9:22pm On Jun 06, 2006
What is so nice about buka food loverbwoy?. I ate at bushpath (what you know about that). At I ate at Nicon Noga the food at Nicon Noga, and Sheraton was better and more hygienic

zebu,how do u know its more hygenic? they might have spat in ur food wink

Buka food is really really nice n u "feel" it, u know when u eat something different from macdonalds n powdered "punded yam" which is usually made in a rush u can feel the difference

made by proffessional "chefs" plus the whole environment hmmm
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by Mystique(f): 7:30am On Jul 26, 2006
There's this nice lil place at Shitta (Surulere, Lagos), where they have the best amala & ewedu in the world grin grin
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by soulpatrol(f): 2:46pm On Jul 26, 2006
heeeeeey, ya'll be talking about bukas in lagos, what about ibadan? they got nice joints too - Inastrait and Iya Ope used to be da bomb back in the dayz when i used to live there. dont know about now, but hmm, it was so funny to see all these rich guys with pot bellies parking their jeeps in front of the Iya Ope buka (in front of Mokola market where they braid hair), with cute university girls on their arms. hmmmm. the buka wasnt the most posh setting but the food was fantabulous!!! never knew what the rave was all about until i tried their rice, dodo and assorted meat. whoooooooo! it was like going to heaven and coming back!! grin grin grin grin

I usually dont like amala, eba all that but Inastrait food was deleeeeeshhhhhhh!!!! their "roundabout" (amala + gbegiri + eran orisirisi, right?) was something else. my family had days when we wouldnt cook but instead buy food from there for lunch. imagine! upon all their talking about not eating food outside! e be like say those women put jazz for their food. just like styl plus said in their song "Iya Basira". lol

hmmmmmmmmmmmm, good memories!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by dominobaby(f): 12:32pm On Aug 26, 2006
Hmmm soulpatrol. Am asking ma friend bout these places in ib, would try em out wen i find maself in mokola
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by Oracle(m): 4:55am On Aug 28, 2006
@topic
i think the track 6 in STYL PLUS album iya Basira should answer your question about bukas
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by geminibaby: 9:12pm On Sep 22, 2006
mama Ope and Ina straight were my joints in my UI days
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by geminibaby: 3:03am On Sep 23, 2006
IAH did u go to Unity school Osogbo, cos i remeber sneakin to that Olubusayo canteen back in d days
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 23, 2006
Bank oleimoh rice on akerele str surulere not far from shitta

also the big buka almost opposite first bank in Marina envrionment is clean and you can see them cooking the food on the other side. Cold drinks available too

also found this place in UNILAG recently behind student union buliding

in my school years we would got to abeigi behind amina hostel for peppery stew there was also jesus embassy at new hall
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by katherinae(f): 11:49pm On Oct 28, 2006
i have one, when i was in primary school in mende-maryland lagos, i and my twin were walking home from school (we decided to ditch our driver) anyway there was this woman that sold rice on the street and if u didnt have a bowl she would put it in a plastic bag (transparent nylon), anyway sha so i and my sis are chopulating this thing on the street and guess who decides to drive by, stop and reverse. yes my mother in the back sit of her benz. at that point it was hard to deny what the hell we were doing with the goat meat between our teeth. she did not even say a single word, she just wound up her window and left, so i and my sis ran our asses home only to see her waiting for us wiht the longest koboko money could buy. After that evening of pain and torment, i vowed never to eat mamaput on the street again, and only to eat from places that at least and a door or something to protect me from prying eyes.
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by dominobaby(f): 12:19am On Oct 29, 2006
That's a funny one kath
Re: Bukateria ("Buka") Food! by fomac: 11:16pm On Aug 23, 2008
anyone remember asaro with fried plaintain and fresh fish or assorted meat at unilag? che che che ! delicious

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amazing Health Benefits Of Groundnuts (ekpa) / My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? / What Can I Do With "old" Puff Puff?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.