Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,131 members, 7,845,754 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation - Jobs/Vacancies (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation (148302 Views)

Shell Nigeria Madness / Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment Programme 2013 / Graduate Careers In Shell Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by myro(m): 10:38pm On Mar 01, 2008
30 days to go indeed. i'm sooooo excited.

so does anyone know the best gsm network to use in ELV as per service and all. I'm thinking of getting a contract line now that i am a shell big boy grin wink and i want to know which one to get.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by scoobydoo: 6:17pm On Mar 02, 2008
House,
What's happening today? Any way, i am in the mood of the season. So,

29 DAYS TO GO.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by KDB(m): 9:13pm On Mar 02, 2008
hey everyone,

29 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!! cool cool cool cool
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by deinowei: 1:28pm On Mar 03, 2008
28 days to go and counting.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by deinowei: 1:37pm On Mar 03, 2008
4 weeks to go
28 days to go
672 hours to go
49320 minutes to go
2419200 seconds to go
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by aniffy4eva(m): 1:44pm On Mar 03, 2008
@ Shell hopefuls

Congrats, keep counting your days, grin

Quote from Robbie Lex

OMG

I'm so intimidated, nlng thread is on page 103,
two days ago it was on page 100,

Amazing the way people post,

@ robbie Lex

singing[/i], [i]i know you like our style, huh, huh, right, lol[b][/b] grin

Anyways, you've been a good helmsman on this thread. wink will make sure i visit more often. wink

www.folayemianifowoshe.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by KDB(m): 3:37pm On Mar 03, 2008
deinowei:

4 weeks to go
28 days to go
672 hours to go
49320 minutes to go
2419200 seconds to go

my brother, i want to be like you when i grow up ohhh!!!!!!!! wink wink wink wink
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by tunene: 6:51pm On Mar 03, 2008
i still don't understand why u guys are bothering about NLNg posts. we can not get there, believe me we can not. the reasons are plenty and i have some of them.

the number of people invited for shell test were less than those invited for NLNG

shell had few stages, after the the test we had only about 300 people left to go for the interview, while more than 50,000 made to the second stage of NLNG

the post for NLNG stated earlier, therefore s many people were involved, the people that were involved in that of shell are not even up to 300 from SITP and the may 200 for HR and finance put together.

as at when the tread started most people had been given bad news and were no longer interested in anything shell.

NLNG was still posting people, and people still believed there could make it so they were always in the tread to get info and contribute.

there were a lot of hocuspocus on NLNG tread, especially at the middle of the tread. in shell we were focused.

I alone know a lot of people that believe the NLNG recruitment process was flawed, i mean a lot of malpractices, so everybody would want to complain. unlike in shell.

u can imagine receiving a posted letter probably from DHL or PANALPINA STATING that you were not successful, isn't that a subject of discussion.

these are some reasons that i can adduce to that but i believe there are other reasons.

may the good Lord be with us all. those going to Edjeba, those waiting and those that will soon be in Mobil, Chevron, Addax, Panoceans, Schlumberger, Haliborton, Saipem, e.t.c > i wish you all well.

CHEERS
grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 7:57pm On Mar 03, 2008
tunene:

i still don't understand why u guys are bothering about NLNg posts. we can not get there, believe me we can not. the reasons are plenty and i have some of them.

the number of people invited for shell test were less than those invited for NLNG

shell had few stages, after the the test we had only about 300 people left to go for the interview, while more than 50,000 made to the second stage of NLNG

the post for NLNG stated earlier, therefore s many people were involved, the people that were involved in that of shell are not even up to 300 from SITP and the may 200 for HR and finance put together.

as at when the tread started most people had been given bad news and were no longer interested in anything shell.

NLNG was still posting people, and people still believed there could make it so they were always in the tread to get info and contribute.

there were a lot of hocuspocus on NLNG tread, especially at the middle of the tread. in shell we were focused.

I alone know a lot of people that believe the NLNG recruitment process was flawed, i mean a lot of malpractices, so everybody would want to complain. unlike in shell.

u can imagine receiving a posted letter probably from DHL or PANALPINA STATING that you were not successful, isn't that a subject of discussion.

these are some reasons that i can adduce to that but i believe there are other reasons.

may the good Lord be with us all. those going to Edjeba, those waiting and those that will soon be in Mobil, Chevron, Addax, Panoceans, Schlumberger, Haliborton, Saipem, e.t.c > i wish you all well.

CHEERS
grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lol

You definately have a point there tunene,

Hi people
howz the week going?
my week started out really great,
and belive this is just the beginning of greater things to come.

Nah wah ohhhh
all una elv bound people
nah so you dry reach, ??

i think say this thread go don full with posts from excited people
telling us about their preparations and all

cyber shy right!
i guess una prefer to celebrate for your closets right
LOL

Anyway closet or not
i'll still celebrate with you guys
even if it means counting down alone,

28 days to go and coming
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by bobbyan(m): 11:48am On Mar 04, 2008
27 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by deinowei: 6:04pm On Mar 04, 2008
27 days to go
648 hours to g
38,880 minutes to go
2,332,800 seconds to go
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 7:02pm On Mar 04, 2008
deinowei:

27 days to go
648 hours to g
38,880 minutes to go
2,332,800 seconds to go

Thats the spirit,

27 days to go.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 7:45pm On Mar 04, 2008
Hi
'please could any of the fin/hr hopefuls that just had their interviews in ph get back to me asap, ? or any other hr/fin hopeful

its important.

cutesey fmonpli i'll really like to hear from you guys soon thanks
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 1:04pm On Mar 05, 2008
oMG

Finally,

you guys celebrate with me

God has done it for me

will be back with details!!!!!!

see you guys at SHELLLLLL

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by brettthart(m): 1:12pm On Mar 05, 2008
Better join in before im left out.
26 Days to go! cheesy
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Rave(f): 1:28pm On Mar 05, 2008
Hi All! It's been a while. You guys are doing a great job on this thread. I really appreciate your good works.
Your labours of love will not be in vain. In Jesus' Name!
Amen

[center]26 days to go!!! cheesy cheesy[/center]
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Rave(f): 1:34pm On Mar 05, 2008
Hey guys! Please check the time for me, will Y'all? What time is it?
Mine says it's time for your liftings. Does it synchronise with yours? Your expectations for this month (and Shell in particular) will be met way beyond your imaginations. Amen!

We will all get there!! smiley smiley

[center][b]26 days to go!!!
[/center]

Did I say that earlier?  grin grin This is so much fun!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin
Cheers ALL!!!!![/b]
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Rave(f): 1:40pm On Mar 05, 2008
There's something I need to know please. Someone says we'll be given laptops when we get there. How true is this? Can anyone with first hand knowledge confirm this?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by tosat: 2:35pm On Mar 05, 2008
Hello people!!!

its been a while cos my internet has been down and i have not had access to an internet cafe but then soo much has been i am loving the mood in the house, really its our season of rejoicing.

congrats to y'all, 27 days to go grin grin grin

@robbielex HR/Finance,
whats the latest, man?!
im rejoicing with you but then gimme the load-down.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by KDB(m): 4:30pm On Mar 05, 2008
Robbie Lex:

oMG

Finally,

you guys celebrate with me

God has done it for me

will be back with details!!!!!!

see you guys at SHELLLLLL

hmmmm, ma brother we dey celebrate with you ohhh, but while we're doing that, give us the latest man,
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by deinowei: 4:49pm On Mar 05, 2008
@ Robbie Lex,
We are indeed celebrating with u but could throw more light so we can stop guessing. To me an offer letter from shell is sure for you but i'm thinking CHEVRON just gave you an offer letter. You the man smiley smiley smiley smiley
@ Rave,
Someone just told me that yesterday, although those who graduate yesterday weren't given. How your marriage plans now
@ tosat,
Why you dey back date the resumption, does your offer letter say 2 April.
@ House
26 days to go,
624 hours to go,
37,440 minutes to go,
2,246,400 seconds to go,
Edjeba we dey come
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 8:48pm On Mar 05, 2008
It is indeed time for our liftings

This is indeed the month of marching into our breakthroughs,

Yesterday, i got some very disappointing news that some people, hr/fin hopefuls had already gottten offer letters.

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

it hurt alot to hear that,
i was so upset that i couldn't even post it on nairaland,
i just dropped a quick post asking that hr/fin people in the house should get in touch with me,

At night i prayed and told God that i still loved him inspite of it all, and that he should just give me strength to continue in my job hunt,

i woke up this morning ready to continue with my job search,
determined to prove to God that i still loved him inspite of it all,
so i went to church to pray, i decided to give God a violent offering - (the balance of the money i had withdrawn from my closed corper account)

In church i found myself celebrating and dancing, i prayed to God not to pass me by and decided in my heart that God really knows best,

i said to God

why should i worry when you made me and formed me,

you put me on this earth, so hey you worrry about me!

besides i love you with or without shell.

I worked on a song i'm writing in church for hours
then i got home with a new renewed joy within me
I was trully happy

I guess God just taught me a lesson
that it isnt about a job or about money
it's about him really!

Anyway
the good part of the story isss that
i checked my phone, and saw i had 11 missed calls,

Imagine the joy i had when i called back and found out the call was from SHELL
Yup, i finally got an invitation for medicals

So you guys i have been celebrating with you all for the passed three months

SO PLEASEEEEEEEEE celebrate with me toooooo

26 DAYS TO GO AND COUNTING

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by debosky(m): 9:00pm On Mar 05, 2008
Lex I'm so happy for you. . .I've been a silent observer in this process as you all have kept the faith and I am really impressed.

Your focus on getting things with God is admirable - He is the one who is our Provider, not Shell, or any job. wink

He has shown that NOTHING is impossible for him again. cool

Congrats again bro! After starting this thread to motivate and carry all the hopeful along, this is a fitting reward for you - not by power or effort, but by the divine will of the Father.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by tommyex(m): 9:12pm On Mar 05, 2008
Robbie
I have jus been silently praying you get this job,Congrats

I feel God wants u thers is the reason why and not how sharp u are,So make d best of it and fight off the temptations of the chics.as in wrong chics cheesy

Congrats
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by debosky(m): 9:18pm On Mar 05, 2008
I forgot to join the date counting. . . .26 days to go!!! grin grin wink
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 9:30pm On Mar 05, 2008
debosky:

Lex I'm so happy for you. . .I've been a silent observer in this process as you all have kept the faith and I am really impressed.

Your focus on getting things with God is admirable - He is the one who is our Provider, not Shell, or any job. wink

He has shown that NOTHING is impossible for him again. cool

Congrats again bro! After starting this thread to motivate and carry all the hopeful along, this is a fitting reward for you - not by power or effort, but by the divine will of the Father.

Thanks alot debosky

i really appreciate your wordsssssss

i take it you are a sitp hopefilled right!!!!!

26 days to go and counting!!!!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by tommyex(m): 9:35pm On Mar 05, 2008
hopefilled

Nice word
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 9:54pm On Mar 05, 2008
tommyex:

Robbie
I have jus been silently praying you get this job,Congrats

I feel God wants u thers is the reason why and not how sharp u are,So make d best of it and fight off the temptations of the chics.as in wrong chics cheesy

Congrats

Thanks a whole lot tommy
for your support and all your prayers

i really appreciate it
you have been the most supportive shell non hopeful

i will take you advice and do my best to fight off all the temptations, lol

thanks man

tommyex:

Nice word

yeah
you have mileu to thank for that word
i just borrowed it

lol

@house
i may not be around to post for some days
i want to go to the redeemed camp
thursday ( after my medicals)
friday
and hopefuully saturday.

so just know robbie lex is still very much with you.

cheers all
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by KDB(m): 12:34am On Mar 06, 2008
@robbie lex

man am sure i speak for all of us when i say a big CONGRATS, your a perfect example to all that persistence does pay off eventually.

must admit i did hear for some time that some hr/fn peeps where gettin their medicals n even their offer letters, but guess i was kinda laid back about lettin u all knw in d house, wana apologise though, its jus that i jus cldnt let peeps like robbie, cutesy, feel bad,especially as they've been there for all of us since the start, n didnt wana hurt any of their feelings cos i know how difficult it can be to swallow, plus, they hadnt even had any +ve news themselves,

anyways, thanks be to God man, and you should know that you deserve it, we will all continue to rejoice with you all the way, n this goes to all others who have also made it, both sitp n hr/fn, see y'all really soon, (cutesy n the rest get ready, yours is right around d corner)

till then goodnight n God bless, wink wink wink wink
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Quantkool: 10:21am On Mar 06, 2008
Hello people,

Its quantkool in the house. I have been a silent observer of all the proceedings in the house and I want to start by saying Robbie Lex has done a good job. He has been a source of inspiration for all and it is only to be expected that Shell will snap him up. They only want the best afterall.

For those who did not make it to Shell i.e onavae, cutesy, et al, all ain't lost. Granted it can be very painful especially when u have been so expectant and contributed wholeheartedly to the res of the house.; but God knows best wink .

For the likes of Ranbaxy, Rave, Robbie Lex (the R family grin), and so on, this is only the beginning; the best is yet to come. I am not a shell hopeful (at least not at the entry level, I would be more of an experienced hire if I apply grin) but I can't help but be filled with joy about all the goodwill I am seeing here. Nigeria still has hope and a wonderful future with brains like the ones I have observed on this thread.

I hope it will not be too much to ask that this post should continue into the walls of Shell; it has become more that just an informative forum - it is a family, a haven for some, another world, another life,

I will continue to observe the proceedings and I join in the countdown.

By the way, @Tosat, (the brains behind the thread) did your friend make it to shell eventually?

One love!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by scoobydoo: 12:45pm On Mar 06, 2008
@ Robbie Lex,

Congrats man. Our God is always faithful. His words concerning us are ye and amen.

@ KDB,
You no do well o! Please no matter the gist, good or bad, keep us informed.

@ house,
abeg any news about the waiting list on SITP1? I have not lost hope becoz thru it all God will proof Himself faithful. pls for those who have written the Harliburton test, was it an apptitude test or discipline specific? I have a test 2morrow and dont know how to prepare. Please help.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by aniffy4eva(m): 1:23pm On Mar 06, 2008
@ Robbie Lex

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!!! cheesy

i'M NOT A HOPEFUL THO', JUST STROLL IN REGULARLY FROM THE NLNG THREAD TO CHECK UP ON YOU. wink

I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU. grin grin

YOU ARE THE MAN!!! cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (74) (Reply)

The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / Police Interview Invite..let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.