Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,201 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation - Jobs/Vacancies (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation (148056 Views)

Shell Nigeria Madness / Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment Programme 2013 / Graduate Careers In Shell Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by orimadegun: 1:41pm On Apr 07, 2009
Opensesame, a u been?

had my SRD last week. Any news on possible response from shell
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by otr: 2:25pm On Apr 07, 2009
has anyone since heard frm shell aside the only guy of no success story? I had my SRD on the 23rd of march and I have not heard frm them. Let keep trusting God for his favour it's going to be well in the name of JESUS(AMEN)
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by mcgboye(m): 2:58pm On Apr 07, 2009
My people, i had my SRD y'day.
B4 i give u the load-down, let me state on record my gratitude to all u nairalanders, especially opensesame, for giving me the courage to attend the SRD. Like i told my fellow interviewees y'day, i couldnt have attended the interview without ur encouragement. Thanks all.
I met Sandra, a civil engr graduate from Warri, who recognised me immediately i got there yesterday. "you are the guy on nairaland, aint u?", she asked.
As per the interview proper, we were eight; 6 civil engrs, 1 structural engr and me, a surveyor. i was the odd one out. Even the assessors weren't too sure who going to interview me!!!

THE CASE STUDY
My opinion; you dont have to read too extensively to tackle the first two stages. we were given a an overview of a fictitious shell company to study in about 30 mins. this provided an opportunity for us to quickly go over the company whilst listening to the HR head briefing us as per the SRD. After this, we were given the main Documents telling us all we need to know about the fictitious shell company (this time, Shell Aduki). This document would normally include a lot of information from which you'll be required to deduce what the key issues are and proffer solutions. this reading lasted one 1 hr. after that, i faced the assessors (in this case acting like the regional manager of shell and the incoming biz devt manager). First, i spent 5 mins to present what i felt were the key issues involved and the likely solutions. This can easily be termed HIGH LEVEL SUMMARY.
The next 20 mins were spent discussing my suggestion and recommendations with the two "managers". Needless to say, I was extensively drilled.

THE GROUP STUDY
Another exercised based on the fictitious shell company, Shell Aduki. We were divided into two separate committees, the Local Committee and the District committee. Each committee was given a list of 4 proposals which were to be funded by a special fund created by shell aduki for that purpose. however, the choice of project has to meet a lot of criteria set by shell and subject to the available fund. each candidate read the proposal for 5 mins before meeting, at the committee level (and in the presence of independent assessors who acted as if they werent there) to discuss which proposal met overriding public interest and still met Shell's criteria and is still within the limited fund available. After debates arguments, disagreements etc, each committee finally came to an agreement as which proposals it would adopt. Then both committees met to discuss the proposals and finally come to an agreement on which proposal to adopt. as we were about coming to a final conclusion on this, there was a "breaking news", as we were given another paper which announced a sudden earthquake at a neighbouring community and the government needed aids from everywhere for relief purposes. We were told to consider the possibility of including this in our proposal. All this in the presence of the assessors who, again, acted as if the werent there.

TECHNICAL INTERVIEW
You have two interviewers, the technical assessor who is expected to have technical know-how about your project and the assessor from HR. Everyone knows about this, huh? Except slight differences from what my master, Opensesame, said. If you have chosen a technical interview like I did, you are not required to prepare a slide. In fact, in my own case all I was asked (actually, instructed) was 1-page summary. At the interview proper, I sat on chair facing the assessors where i gave the 15-minute summary of my project (I spent much less time). I was then drilled for another 25 mins.
The only problem i had here was that since there was no one around who had a good knowledge of Geoinformatics and more importantly, GIS. Therefore, there was no flow. In fact, The HR assessor even asked more questions than the technical assessor himself. it was very clear he had, at best, a very limited idea of GIS.

All in all, it was a pleasant and valuable experience.

OH OH OH OH, I forgot to mention the exotic lunch we had. The eba and efo riro really filled my belly.

yeah yeah yeah
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by opensesame: 4:07pm On Apr 07, 2009
@ orimadegun.
I have been good o. didnt kno u already had urs. hope it was kool sha. em, even if i have hrd anything about responses, i probably wont tell yet wink wink
ok, seriously, i think we should all jus relax and remove our minds from it. They said they'll get back to us after the 16th when the whole thing would have been over, so lets jus chill, aight?
I just make a conscious effort not to dwell on it. It worked for me during the eight months delay before SRD I.V. I just acted like i didnt do the test. So, if for some reason they dont get in touch with us until say, June or som'n, there should be no high BPs, aight?

@ mcgboye
Good to kno we all could be of help to you. That's wot this thread is for. I bet you are so relieved to be through with it. I have no doubts that you'll make it, man. really.

Cheers y'all
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Edoblakky(m): 4:45pm On Apr 07, 2009
I wept bitterly yesternight when my very friend (we stay together)who did his SRD exactly a week after I did mine called 2 say he got a mail from Shell telling him he was not successful.
All I could tell him was it is well.The closure of one door could open many others.
Although I remain unshaken,I still feel bitter 4 my man.
This message is not 2 discourage others but rather 2 make all know that God's plan 4 us will come 2 pass with or without Shell.
Let's keep declaring God's WORD It doesn't fail.
We'll meet at the top!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by christea: 11:00am On Apr 08, 2009
please anyone know if shell recruitment for siwes student as in I.T smiley
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by wumwum007(m): 4:44pm On Apr 08, 2009
hi all.
i had my SRD yesterday and it was splendid, mcgboye has given a detailled description of the exercise. The shell staff were lovely, the food was super and other candidates were wonderful.
I want to thank every single person that dropped SRD hints on nairaland especially opensesame for sharing this important information with us.
To all SITP 2009 hopefuls, we will get there in Jesus name.
Peace
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by opensesame: 6:41pm On Apr 08, 2009
wumwum007:

i had my SRD yesterday and it was splendid,
I love that! Splendid! Whao, dude, you need to start packing your things for edjeba o. Cos we are there already.

I'm really glad it was nice and once again elated that we could help out.
Cheers
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by opensesame: 7:14pm On Apr 08, 2009
Hi christea
Sorry, i dont know anything about IT in shell, but i'm not sure they have a recruitment programme for it in Nigeria, like they do for graduate trainees. I guess that was ur question. But just keep checking this thread, you never know, someone may have useful info.

Option B, you could also start a thread askin for info concernin IT in oil companies ( i assume that's wot you want, right?). Take care.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by crowcedar: 10:04pm On Apr 08, 2009
Hi All,

I had my SRD last year June and I had my medicals after that. I was told to wait for placement and I just got a call from the, today after about 10 months. I am not even sure if i still want to take the offer. I told the lady to send me an offer and then I will respond to it.

To all hopefuls, once you dont get the mail that says you are unsuccessful, you can be sure that you are still in the game.

Best of luck to everyone. Meanwhile, I applied for Finance position and I understand that entry level pay differs from department to department.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by penjart: 2:20am On Apr 09, 2009
I believe there's definitely time for everything. And for sure, some people's time as per SRD is now. For all expectant candidates, lets keep hope alive and encourage those still taking part in the exercise. No disheartening comments or rumours pleeeease!
1 luv. smiley
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Godeagle: 4:54pm On Apr 09, 2009
Hey all! I've been following this thread silently, even before I took the test last year. I guess it's now time to speak up. First, I want to thank everyone that has advised, encouraged, helped and contributed to this thread. You all have been wonderful. God bless you all.

I had my SRD last two weeks and I believe I did well. I had concerns though, especially about the group discussion aspect, where I didn't feature very much because I'm soft spoken (the agressive guys hijacked the discussion). Anyways, it's in God's hands now and I know it is well.

@ crowcedar,
Do you think what happened to you, (I mean the delayed placement) could also happen to someone that applied for a technical graduate position? Also, how long after the SRD can someone, when he has not received their mail that says that he's unsuccessful, be sure that he's still in the game?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by opensesame: 8:15pm On Apr 09, 2009
hey Godeagle

First let me welcome you to Shell's next generation. Glad you've found this thread useful. We all try.
Now, to your concerns. I dont think you should let your performance at the group discussion bother you. As long as you made a reasonable input intelligently, that would be fine for them. The truth is you don't get points for 'hijacking' the discussion and not givin others a chance to contribute. You lose points! So just chill and think positive.

Now, like i have mentioned before on this thread, i think the best way to cope with a possible delay in Shell contacting us is to not be over-anxious to hear from them. There is no need to check your mail every 2 mins, calling people to find out if they've heard from them or even calling shell!! Just relax and put everything in God's hands. They will call when they will.
Now, I know it might not be easy if you're not employed currently, but jus get yourself busy and take your mind of it. It's easier said than done, I know, but we have to make a conscious effort to. What if it takes a lot longer than they said they will get in touch? High BPs? No!!

So let's all relax, aight? We are there already by His grace.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Godeagle: 9:11pm On Apr 09, 2009
Thanks fo the advice opensesame, I agree with all you have said; one cannot really predict their ways. Let's just chill and think positive.

That shouldn't be too hard for us. Besides, we've been waiting for over eight months now.

Cheers!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by EasyT: 3:09pm On Apr 10, 2009
Hi all,just want to wish all my shell hopefuls all the best this easter.We can be rest assured that God has something good in store for us.
@opensesame
U've been doing a great job giving very valuable advise,much needed encouragement and just been there for a whole lot of people.U took over very well fro Robbie Lex,Ranbaxy,KDB,Omavae,deinowei and the likes.
I'm pretty sure God will grant u your heart desire soon enough and we'll be counting down to resumption at elv soon.
Had my SRD on 17th March.Still looking forward to the next step cos I know God has done it.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by girlrachy: 1:41pm On Apr 12, 2009
Hi ya'll

HAPPY EASTER

You guys have been doing a great job. Im a new to this forum and a shell hopeful or rather the next shell generation. The SRD would be ending on Tuesday. Any news on when results would be out. I hear negative e-mails fly first and the succesful ones come out in batches.

Something keeps bothering me every body seems to have had lots of questions from the interviewers during the case study, Mine was a bit diff, they only kept straight faces and after I answerd each question they asked the next and that was it.

Did any one in the house have a similar experience.

Keeping my fingers crossed. Hope to meet you guys in ELV. wink wink
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by opensesame: 8:19am On Apr 14, 2009
Hey guys.

Hope you all had a great easter break. Mine was very restful. Trust me, I feel so fresh. Wish y'all a great week ahead.

@EasyT
Thanks a lot for your very kind words and prayers. I'm really touched. May God grant us all our heart desires according to his will. Correct me if i'm wrong, but this is probably ur first post, so WELCOME to this thread and see u at Edjeba.

@girlrachy
Welcome to shell's next generation. Good to have you with us. I dont think you should bother about the fact that you didn't get bombarded with questions in ur case study. As long as u answered the 'few' questions that u were asked well, then ur just fine. See you at Edjeba!!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by judeoyas(m): 11:39am On Apr 14, 2009
hi guys, just joined in, i got shell initial email about the interview but i,m yet to recieve a formal invitation, and its supposed to end today, wat yall think?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by girlrachy: 1:30pm On Apr 14, 2009
@ Judeoyas

If you have any contact you should get in touch. Its possible they would extend the interview since it looks like they have not finished contacting candidates.

Good luck

@Openesame

Thanks for the encouragement
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by EasyT: 3:02pm On Apr 14, 2009
Opensesame,u're correct abt my previous post being my first.But I feel like a veteran on this thread cos I've read from page 1-28 & counting. Somebody posted on naijahotjobs dat SRD exercises was extended 2 24th but dat some people hav received regret mails.Also,made an assertion dat those who haven't heard anythn were probably successful.I guess we'll just hav 2 keep keeping our fingers crossed.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by judeoyas(m): 3:27pm On Apr 14, 2009
I'VE BEEN TRYING TO CALL THE NUMBERS ON THE INITIAL TEST INVITATION BUT THEY'RE NOT GOING THROUGH. I'M JUST HOPING THAT THE EXTENTION GIST IS TRUE, BUT THEY'RE YET TO CONTACT ME.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Edoblakky(m): 5:37pm On Apr 15, 2009
Hi all, I don't know if anyone has any info on what is going on with SRD.
Is it still going on?
I called my coordinator on Sunday just to wish him a happy easter celebration.
I asked about the SRD.He then requested that I send him my name just to tell me my status.I sent him my name but did not hear from him.Is there any one with useful info?
I am not anxious but it's not a bad idea to know one's status is it?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by mcgboye(m): 11:19am On Apr 16, 2009
Belated Easter greetings to y'all.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by girlrachy: 11:27am On Apr 16, 2009
Guys,

Were not being as active as the old members of this thread. During the last recruitments the thread gets updates almost everyday. Wats happening lets keep ourselves Informed.

Is it true that rejection letters are flying.

Best of luck ya'll.
wink wink
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by judeoyas(m): 12:32pm On Apr 16, 2009
@ opensesame
bros do u know if the srd held in warri, and if its still on cos i was'nt contacted and i still dont know whats happening.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by opensesame: 1:19pm On Apr 16, 2009
@ mcgboye
good to see ur back. hapi easter too. did u like travel or som'n?

@girlrachy
I completely feel you. The early 'days' of the thread were so engaging. On behalf of everybody, we promise to improve.
Let's jus pop in every now and then. It'll be fun, rily. A word of encouragement here, new gist there. You kno?

@judeoyas
Ok, first just relax! okay?
I can almost put my money on it that if they sent u the email about the SRD then they'll send d IV. Jus dont panic.
But I think you still have to find out wots up. Now, I cant put my number and email here, but if you can put ur email (maybe on your profile) i'll get in touch with you. I could send you some numbers that I think will give you a definite answer. alright? Whatever the response is, just be cool. Yes, the SRD held (or is still holding) in warri.
Cheers.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by judeoyas(m): 1:27pm On Apr 16, 2009
@ opensesame

tanks man u truly are a Godsend my email is not listed
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by opensesame: 2:14pm On Apr 16, 2009
No problem man.

I am havin issues accessing my mailbox at the moment (that's where the contacts are). Please be patient, I'll send it before 7 today, if not before then. Hope that's kool?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by mcgboye(m): 6:01pm On Apr 16, 2009
hey guys.
Got a mail earlier in the day that i didnt make the cut for SITP.
shame, but life must go on.
i guess it's time i concentrate on my present job and look forward to other opportunities.

", my worst fears have come over him".

wishing everyone else better news. U guys sure deserve it
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by girlrachy: 6:25pm On Apr 16, 2009
@ MCgboye,

Better things are on the Way, the Exxons, Chevrons and Totals. Wishing you the best.

wink wink
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by girlrachy: 6:57pm On Apr 16, 2009
Any news from The guys who had thier SRDs at Edjeba. I had mine on the 9th of April.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (74) (Reply)

Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level / Police Interview Invite..let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.