Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation - Jobs/Vacancies (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation (148182 Views)

Shell Nigeria Madness / Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment Programme 2013 / Graduate Careers In Shell Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by babake2020: 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2009
aguyemd:

--------- In my small employment experience, this (TERMS AND CONDITONS) is one document employers jealously request and guard. If you read the offer letter as much as I am sure everybody else did, I am confident that you'd have a change of opinion as it was expressly stated that that document, among others, should reach SHELL on or before the 22nd.

I disagree with you on this because every company has its policy, 

aguyemd:

While I do not doubt AGNES OKE's position, curious though, I believe she did that inadvertently, or she mistook your submission for the required documents for the 18th (or rather 17th).
aguymed  I dont think this was the case because the mails for 18th or 17th, whichever is correct, are to be sent by email as instructed by bernard in d email sent to u,  Nkenke was at her office to submit a hard copy, so lets rule this out,   By the way,  i hope uve submitted urs by email,  2moro is 17th.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by douecho: 8:12am On Jun 17, 2009
@nkenke, please did you just walk into shell gates or did you have to set up an appointment to be able to enter the compound?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by JisolaMar(f): 9:10am On Jun 17, 2009
Douecho,
r u in PH too? i guess u can jst walk right up to shell office,ke!u're a shell staff now.or u can call er 2 book an appt (her phone no is also on d UPS pacakge).

nkenke:

These forms we are submitting now is for the purpose of onboarding i.e access card, profile
activation, laptops(maybe), so they(the forms) will be sent to edjeba i.e Dr. Ken Anierobi's Office.
abeg,does anyone know 4 sure if they'd provide us wt laptops or not? i need 2 know b4 i leave Lag. Funny enuf, i was already making arrangements 2 get one 4 myself b4 Shell offer came.do i still go ahead? i kind of like av only ds week 2 tidy up d laptop runs!
i currently work @ an oil & gas design eng'g firm & i av very relevant & impt materials/project docs on my PC @ work which i'd wudnt want 2 miss.besides,i cud av d IT guy install relevant design softwares for me.hence,my dire need 4 d lappy.

i'm kinda confused,someone pls advice!!!!!!!!!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by douecho: 11:22am On Jun 17, 2009
Jisola!hehehe,dont think u'd b provided with a laptop.laptops are only provided to staff to whom computers are an essential.as sitp pple,we never reach like dat.someone frm last batch even confirmed somewhere on the thread that they wont provide laptops.and yup,i'm in p.h
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by nkenke: 1:09pm On Jun 17, 2009
yup laptops wud be provided when u are in your second probation yr i.e when u have been
assigned to a job.

@douecho carry ur offer letter enter any part of shell, either 1st 2nd or last gate show the
security guys n they will open the gates for u sharp sharp. walk up to rec office, its an open plan
office u cant miss agnes cos her seat position is opposite the others.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Osinawata2: 7:24pm On Jun 17, 2009
COUNT DOWN TO 2009 SITP
44 DAYS TO GO
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by aguyemd: 8:47pm On Jun 17, 2009
@ Nkenke thanks for your reassurance(s) and its good to know that at some point the said document would still be tendered. That a witness is required for a document, in itself, presupposes that its a three party issue. So I concur when you alluded to the fact that the document would still be tendered.

@ Babake2020, while I'd not want to join issues with you, I do want to thank you for the concern expressed regarding sending my mail(s). I've since done that.

On a lighter note and talking about filling blank spaces, your guess(es) was/were far from accurate. A nice try though but could have been a lot better. THE SPACES REMAIN BLANK UNTIL EDJEBA FILLS THEM or don't you think
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by BOSON: 1:38pm On Jun 18, 2009
house i noticed that when i sent my documents to the email address shell provided, the first adress showed failure delivery. the notification was in my email this morning. check if urs was delivered
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by nkenke: 1:52pm On Jun 18, 2009
@boson mine was delivered.

wow its like nobody gat time for this thread anymore? where is everybody?

anywayz: COUNTDOWN TO SITP2009- 43 DAYS TO GO
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by JisolaMar(f): 2:18pm On Jun 18, 2009
Hi Boson,
I sent mine yday & i'm sure it was delivered cos i didn't get any failure delivery mail since then.
y dont u recheck d that 1st email addy again? probably it wasn't completely copied (u know it's rather long).
cheers

@ Nkenke,
me thnks guys av deserted d thread too
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by babake2020: 3:02pm On Jun 18, 2009
@Boson, maybe what u did was to re-type the email address, The best option is to copy and paste the email address, that way, ure sure u didnt miss out anything

@aguyemd, well , lets patiently wait to fill the blank spaces at edjeba, i cant wait to put a face to d pseudonym "aguyemd", Do you look as tough as your posts suggest? shocked, well, till edjegba sha,
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by JisolaMar(f): 3:23pm On Jun 18, 2009
babake2020:

i cant wait to put a face to d pseudonym "aguyemd", Do you look as tough as your posts suggest? shocked, well, till edjegba sha,
thot i was d only that thnks hs posts r tough. there was a particular one i read & was like: ahan, ki lode?(as in,what?). pity it's like 3 pages back so i cudnt insert it as a quote.
i op i dont get lashed 4 ds grin

& Mr Babake:u ve also posted some toughies too! esp as replies 2 aguyemd's posts.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by segun09: 5:27pm On Jun 18, 2009
i need a job,
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by aguyemd: 5:57pm On Jun 18, 2009
@ Jisola, you too? I didnt know I sounded tough. One thing I know for sure is that I am in many ways meek hence my surprise at bn described as taking a tough stance. It may well be that its just in response to the issues as they arose. Again, the issue of taking a lash does not arise. I am amazed. I guess you hv a wrong perception of my person, no thanks to innocently contributing to issues I thought needed to be responded to.

I am also surprised that Jisola used the pronoun hs rather than hr as Babake2020 had assumed. Could it be that its the male gender that is associated with 'toughness'. Alot of spaces to be filled then.

Whats the fuss abt resigning as I've been privy to the thoughts of a number of offer holders who have chosen not to be a part of this thread. There seem to be a desire for caution amongst some persons who have referred to incidences of offers that have been kept in abeyance (not shell though) in recent times. I, however, understand that shell gave us ample time to resign HONOURABLY with due notices. I cant seem to understand why the fears. Could it be the tension in the Delta? Perhaps.

Fellow Med hopefuls, we love you and still look forward, with faith, to hearing from you abt good news of IV's. Its my hope that it shall be so.

Fellow offer holders, I think we could do well to post info, as we have them, as preps for S.I.T.P and in the spirit of the countdown that Nkenke has so graciously taken upon himself. @ Nkenke, Good job. More power to your shell-like elbow.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Osinawata2: 7:01pm On Jun 18, 2009
COUNT DOWN TO 2009 SITP
43 DAYS TO GO
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by otr: 10:09pm On Jun 18, 2009
I've been following the thread religiously but as there was not much to contribute , I hav then been contributing in the spirit.
meanwhile, we are still together.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by babake2020: 12:49pm On Jun 19, 2009
abeg make these militants slow down oh, these incessant attacks on shell de fia me oh,

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article01//indexn2_html?pdate=190609&ptitle=185,000 barrels shut in as militants hit oil facility
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by JisolaMar(f): 1:15pm On Jun 19, 2009
@ Aguyemd,
just assumed u'd be male.time will tell tho.

@ babake,
no be only u o.my mum is skeptical too.to submit resignation letter sef they fear me.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Osinawata2: 1:41pm On Jun 19, 2009
count down to sitp 2009
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Osinawata2: 1:43pm On Jun 19, 2009
COUNT DOWN TO SITP 2009
42 DAYS TO GO
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by opensesame: 2:37pm On Jun 19, 2009
Hey people, How's it going? How are preparations. Me? I'm still at work. Gotta give them a month's notice. Hopefully, I can take my leave within the notice period and have a well deserved (yes, deserved) rest!  smiley

About the Niger-Delta crises, yeah I get worried too sometimes. But then I immediately wave it off knowing that everything WILL work out fine. Now, it's not very likely that Shell will cancel SITP because oil installations are being destroyed, because even though this is on a relatively larger scale, oil installations have always been sabotaged and SITP has never been disrupted by them. Shell estate Edjeba is in Warri city which is pretty secure. It's likely though, that field practice will be minimal or zilch. So, besides that, we have nothing to worry about. It will work out fine.

But, whichever way, it's important that we continue to pray for peace in this country and for a quick resolution of these crises in a way that leaves everyone relatively happy (except, of course the criminals who have hijacked the struggle). Because it's only in peace that There can be development in the Niger-Delta and more environmental friendly production of oil for Shell and more profit for Shell and more salaries for us!  cool tongue

Seriously though, we really should keep praying and have faith that it will turn out right.

Holla!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by aguyemd: 8:52pm On Jun 19, 2009
@ babake, I agree with you. The link on your post is quite revealing and scary. I however take solace in opensame's post and hope that his/our collective expectations with respect to its not disrupting the SITP programme comes to pass. Did I hear many amen(s)?

The countdown continues with the above in mind even as we expect to hear more IV med hopefuls give testimonies of what could perhaps be dubbed a miracle. Miracles really do happen, even in our times.

Nkenke, Hw u dey? Haven't heard from you lately. Hope all is well?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by nkenke: 9:15pm On Jun 19, 2009
@aguyemd i dey o, just that the whole militant story is quite shocking, anyway
i believe in prayers just like u guys and i know this is just a passing phase. Nite.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by otr: 9:29pm On Jun 19, 2009
Well, I dont know why we should be fearful and worried over the crises in in the Niger-Delta, we are to pray for the peace of our Jerusalem(Nigeria) and not to be worried. Our fear or anxiety would'nt change a thing and would not make shell revoke our offer, so wen ever they deem it safe for our resumption is bam. Meanwhile, we can in agreement settle our case, our resumption and the SITP 2009, and no body else can do this not even shell or the Govt except we, b'cos we are to decree a thing and it shall come to pass.
Am sorry for always coming in frm this angle for that is the only sure and real thing. Shalom!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Derbjobs: 9:59pm On Jun 19, 2009
@all Whoa over 51 pages can someone brief me on what is happening here
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by nkenke: 1:50pm On Jun 20, 2009
COUNT DOWN TO SITP 2009
41 DAYS TO GO
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by douecho: 3:21pm On Jun 20, 2009
@Derbjobs, read up o!this one pass wetin we fit gist person.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Osinawata2: 8:21pm On Jun 20, 2009
COUNT TO 2009 SITP
41 DAYS TO GO
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by okraphael: 6:01am On Jun 21, 2009
pls any recent update 4 this current shell recruitment,
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Osinawata2: 4:32pm On Jun 21, 2009
COUNT DOWN TO 2009 SITP
40 DAYS TO GO
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by otr: 7:16pm On Jun 21, 2009
Nice one, Osina wata

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (74) (Reply)

The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / Police Interview Invite..let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.