Stats: 3,194,609 members, 7,955,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:33 PM

Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation - Jobs/Vacancies (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation (149119 Views)

Shell Nigeria Madness / Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment Programme 2013 / Graduate Careers In Shell Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by hussyhassy: 10:58am On Jun 22, 2009
gud day house,osina wata the count dwn u are diong is it for those that apply may ealier this year?sorry i was away little 4 a while if its 4 may this year pls i need an update on whats up.tanx
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by aguyemd: 12:25pm On Jun 22, 2009
Hussyhassy, You are always going adrift. Why? Take time out to follow the trend of issues b4 making any post so that we dont jump into wrong conclusions. Anyway, No yawa. The countdown is for offer holders.

House, Any news or gist. Lets keep this thread alive,
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by douecho: 3:49pm On Jun 22, 2009
Hey people!how's it been going?Got info that some of us with offer letters are still attending job interviews o! Well,except these jobs are higher paying jobs,is there really any need?other people who dont have any chance at all. abi how una c am?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Osinawata2: 6:41pm On Jun 22, 2009
COUNT DOWN TO 2009 SITP
39 DAYS TO GO
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by babake2020: 7:42pm On Jun 22, 2009
osinawata, say something b4 we forget that ure a human being and mistake you for a countdown script on nairaland,

Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by nkenke: 7:59pm On Jun 22, 2009
;d ;d ;d :d
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by aguyemd: 9:21pm On Jun 22, 2009
The thread is becoming drab. Anyway its understandable in view of the paucity of info. Looks like the militants have shifted their base to Rivers where they attacked three facilities (of course shell's). While it seems like mixed feelings (in the sense that they've left Delta 4 Rivers), the fact remains that its still SHELL that bears the brunt and remotely or otherwise our income ultimately. It is my hope that the olive branch, in the name of amnesty, that the Govt is extending to them would be enduring and bear fruits, AMEEEEEEN,

@ Nkenke, I guess you are leaving more gaps/spaces to be filled. Otherwise hw can one explain ;d ;d ;d :d as advertised on your post. Please you owe us some explanations. Don't you think?

@ Osinawata, I'm sincerely sorry for not including you in my countdown gratitude. It remained incomplete until now that I've acknowledged it. My sincere apologies. Once again, MORE GREASE TO YOUR SHELL-LIKE ELBOW.

@ douecho, babake2020, opensame, otr, I no forget una o. I hail o!!!!!!!!

@ all, I wish us all, bystanders inclusive, a nice and fruitful week ahead as we anticipate some respite across the Delta.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by douecho: 9:55pm On Jun 22, 2009
no body wan answer how far with doing other intervews?

and Aguyemd, you grammar na die o! It would be interesting to see if you talk like this even when u're chilling. wink wink. notin do u sha
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by onDcrox: 12:50am On Jun 23, 2009
guyz,any info abt those of us on the 12mnths waiting list,is like you guyz have 4goten abt us.

Shell don use pattern discharge us.When would dey have time to start looking 4 positions within shell 4 us,it would have bin better if they told us to wait for next sitp batch.sorry for taking you guys back.

@sitp bounds,heard some of you are still scared resigning from you current employers,why?,shell has already given you offer letter so no going back.you need to resign and rest 4 one mnth b4 ejeba madness starts.

Abeg make una  dey pray 4 us becos is like una prayers work pass our own.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by hussyhassy: 8:33am On Jun 23, 2009
aguyemd tanx 4d respond.i wish u d best and all nairalanders!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by vicade(m): 10:57am On Jun 23, 2009
I applied for this job:http://www./index.php/topic,46721.0.html

I have a masters degree in Information systems and i received this email today:

Dear

Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career with Shell. Further to your application, we are pleased to invite you to attend an interview.

Your interview will take place at one of our offices: The Corporate Recruitment Centre, Shell Petroleum Development Company, Gate 3, Shell Industrial Area, Rumubiakani Port Harcourt or alternatively, Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Freeman House, 21/22 Marina, Lagos.

Has anybody gotten this and who has an idea of how the interview is.I would really appreciate if you guys can give me some tips. Thank you smiley
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by nkenke: 1:03pm On Jun 23, 2009
@vicade they will be testing u against their set criteria which is the C.A.R CAPACITY, ACHIEVEMENT AND RELATIONSHIP.
Basically the interview takes the form of a structured interview i.e one on one with the interviewer, u just prepare a scenerio
where u led or were member of a team to achieve a set goal or target, rem the task u did personally in the project, the problems encountered or
obstacles and how these obstacles were dealt with, teamwork etc. also they will ask ur contribution to the project that made it successful.

Hope this goes a long way to clear ur mind?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by babake2020: 2:33pm On Jun 23, 2009
@vicade, congrats on your interview, i agree 100% with what nkenke posted,

vicade, why did you not edit out your name from dat email correspondence you posted here, dats a big mistake u made,

pls next time remove as much personal info from such corporate correspondence when ur sharing info in a forum such as this

DATS MY HONEST ADVICE, GOOD LUCK WT UR INTVW
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Trbrown: 2:37pm On Jun 23, 2009
@ nkenke u r a real gem. I hope to gv u a call one of these days. Good luck as u count down to warri.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by vicade(m): 2:47pm On Jun 23, 2009
Thanks babake,Point Taken.

Thanks nkenke for your advice
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Godeagle: 2:49pm On Jun 23, 2009
Hey People. After disturbing Ben Enahoro with mails since last week, requesting for feedback from Shell, I got a mail from them that basically says that I was unsucessful. I must say that I am relieved. I also appreciate being a part of this forum where I interacted with so many great people. I am better than yesterday in so many ways. You know what they say: ''whatever don't kill you, can only make you stronger". I can now focus my greater energy on my next project/plan. And you bet it's better than Shell Nigeria! God bless you all.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Trbrown: 3:01pm On Jun 23, 2009
@ vic I agree with babake in our bid to gt info and share info we shd also try to incorporate the virtue of confidentiality. And this can only be determined by u d poster d level of things u consider confidential but i believe there may be staff of dese various coys also looking at these websites to monitor wot pple say abt their org. So u can still edit ur post and remove ur name there is a place to modify. Just click on the modify button and remove ur name.

Once again Congrats bt dis shd nt deter u frm sharing with us in the future.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by vicade(m): 4:12pm On Jun 23, 2009
It is fine. I have edited my post. I guess i was ignorant . Thanks babake and Trbrown
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by babake2020: 4:21pm On Jun 23, 2009
@Godeagle,  Just thank God, because soomething better is on your way soon, just keep doing the right things, pray, develop yourself, and keep applying,

I wish you d best in your future endeavours!!!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Godeagle: 6:19pm On Jun 23, 2009
Thanks babake, I am thankful to God for everything. It seems I am not destined to work in Shell. I appreciate your advice and I'm doing just those. All the best to you.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by nkenke: 6:38pm On Jun 23, 2009
@Godeagle as they say when one door closes anoda must surely open, just believe in ur creator.

@babake nice tips
@trbrown sup with ur appln? hope beta news dey?

where osinawata? wethin countdown be?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Osinawata2: 6:39pm On Jun 23, 2009
COUNT DOWN TO 2009 SITP
     38 DAYS TO GO
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by aguyemd: 9:14pm On Jun 23, 2009
@ Godeagle while not overflogging the issue, I'm sure that those of us who were given offers, and those to come,  were/are not necessarily the best, neither were/are we the smartest. Its just God's placement relative to His timing for each and everyone of us. He sure has a placement for you some where that just suits His purpose for you or His timing for shell is yet to come. Either way, do not waiver in your faith in Him. I admire your courage. Pls keep in touch. We love you.

@ all, keep the flame burning, the countdown is on.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by otr: 7:10am On Jun 24, 2009
COUNT DOWN TO 2009 SITP
37 DAYS TO GO
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by otr: 7:25am On Jun 24, 2009
Is any body feeling the way I feel, dat the day is taking 32hours to complete as against the normal 24hours? Cant anybody fast forward>>> the resumption date or turn forward the hand of time? Pls let such person come forward I promise him or her my one month salary. Osina wata, are you not going to be the lucky winner of this offer? Come forward while the offer last.

Abeg where J-martins, Opensesame and other Flat 7 occupants?

one luv
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by opensesame: 9:57am On Jun 24, 2009
douecho:

no body wan answer how far with doing other intervews?
Okay, Os- sorry, douecho, wink I'll be a good samaritan and respond to this. Dont know of anyone but if it's true, i guess some people follow the eggs and baskets theory to the last, dont they?

babake2020:

osinawata, say something b4 we forget that ure a human being and mistake you for a countdown script on nairaland,
Okay, I so second this! Dude say som'n already. I mean, I'm half expecting to see some Robot at Edjeba say "Hi, My name is osina wata. . . COUNTDOWN TO 2009 SITP over in 3, 2, 1. . ." grin

aguyemd:

@ Godeagle while not overflogging the issue, I'm sure that those of us who were given offers, and those to come, were/are not necessarily the best, neither were/are we the smartest. Its just God's placement relative to His timing for each and everyone of us. He sure has a placement for you some where that just suits His purpose for you or His timing for shell is yet to come. Either way, do not waiver in your faith in Him. I admire your courage. Pls keep in touch. We love you.
You said it all!!!
@God eagle. . . I wish you all the best bro!!

@vicade. . . congrats on the invite. PLEASE take it seriously. If ur successful, next will be the SRD. Most of us here for SITP did a test, then the SRD so we prolly can't help u much wif 1st hand experience on wot 2 expect at the interviews, but nkenke helped out a lot. Plus, a lil research on your own, u should do jus fyn. Goodluck.

I think I should also use this opportunity to encourage the next 'generation' of Shell folks to use this thread to share info as it is almost inevitable that we (SITP 2009) will eventually be hardly around here (as is already manifesting). Just keep the thread alive, aight? wink

@ douecho, aguyemd, osina wata, nkenke, babake, otr, Jisola et al how are preparations na?

Ciao
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by vicade(m): 1:33pm On Jun 24, 2009
Thanks all .I am really preparing for the interview especially the CAR but can someone please clarif:,If i am successful in the interview and the SRD after that am i also going to do the SITP? Secondly who has an idea on the duration of the entire process from the interview to the offer letter date?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Osinawata2: 3:04pm On Jun 24, 2009
COUNT DOWN TO 2009 SITP
38 DAYS TO GO
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Osinawata2: 3:05pm On Jun 24, 2009
SORRY
COUNT DOWN TO 2009 SITP
37 DAYS TO GO
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by douecho: 4:39pm On Jun 24, 2009
@vicade, its good to know you've been invited for the CAR assesment. if you are successful, I dont think you will go on to join the SITP. you're more likely to be considered for another position and most likely an experienced one at that. all the best on your interview

@osinawata,you de do well sha. will join the count down when its 30days to.
@opensesame, there's nothing much to do in preparation for me sha.no resignation letter to drop,nothing.i'm just sitting and waiting. and also, if u're doing the eggs and basket thingy, wont u now look for a basket wiv bigger eggs?

@otr,well,i honestly am not counting the hours o,or at least i'm trying not to count them. wink wink

@the rest of us,is it that no one read my earlier post?
[size=20pt]is it ok to still be attending interviews for jobs you're probably not interested in when other people who dont yet have a job could have gained from the opportunity?[/size]

pls note,i'm not judging, just asking and trying to get the house talking again.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by opensesame: 4:48pm On Jun 24, 2009
vicade:

Thanks all .I am really preparing for the interview especially the CAR but can someone please clarif:,If i am successful in the interview and the SRD after that am i also going to do the SITP? Secondly who has an idea on the duration of the entire process from the interview to the offer letter date?
1) On SITP, like douecho said, no you will not. SITP is for technical graduate trainees.
2) On the duration of the entire process. . . hopefully yours will be different, but we did our test in may/june last year and we are going to be resuming in August this year. Bottomline, keep yourself busy while the process goes on (school, work anything). Just my 2 cents sha. Goodluck
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by opensesame: 5:25pm On Jun 24, 2009
douecho:

[size=20pt]is it ok to still be attending interviews for jobs you're probably not interested in when other people who dont yet have a job could have gained from the opportunity?[/size]
Oh I geddit. Thereby apparently 'depriving' other people that don't even have one. Well, I guess Life's not fair, is it?
At the same time it still goes back to my eggs and baskets thingy. . . some people will like to be on the safe side and secure an alternative basket a.k.a Plan B (even if it is less appealing than A) just in case some unexplainable ish happens to A. catch my drift?

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (74) (Reply)

The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level / Does anyone know a thing about CF LEAD? / Police Interview Invite..let's Meet Here

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55