Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,014 members, 7,828,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! (14553 Views)

Meeting An Online Date For The First Time, The Appropriate Venue. / Characters Ladies Of Marriageable Age Exhibit When Desperate For Husbands / How To Make Your Ex Feel Useless And Desperate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 11, 2012
Dyamante:
Im wondering the same thing too
old mama youngies grin grin. Lastly Op, don't take advice from any woman on this thread. They wish they were you. My mother got married at the age of 23..
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by Bisjosh(f): 4:28pm On Apr 11, 2012
Tolucciii: @Poster
I can reali undastand how u ar feelin rite now. But I wl advice u take slowly cos anxiety kills. Marriage is nt wat ucan rush into. I wl encourage u trust in God mor nd try 2b more virtuos in ur friendsip wt men. Stop burderin instead b happi alwayz nd add values 2ur life. If u ar xtian ucan b attendin single submit nd d rest. God wl surely grant u ur heart desire. But b warned dont take decisions under presure, cos it cud b dangerous. Shalom
[b][quote author=Tolucciii]@Poster
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by Leopantro: 4:38pm On Apr 11, 2012
I'm more interested in your name. where are you from ?
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by Ajekpako(m): 4:41pm On Apr 11, 2012
25 yrs and desperate? that's crazy to say the least. whats the hurry or is there an expiry date on u? you have the rest of your life to be married so just chill madam so that you don't fall int the wrong hands! u musnt be like your friends!
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by Brixtonyute(m): 4:41pm On Apr 11, 2012
[size=16pt]Hey b, hit me up - I'll marry you, if you're a nice girl. Allow those silly guys still thinking about garms and creps. I'm self made, educated, and a naija man as well...

Where about in London are you, b? Shout me!!! kiss[/size]
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by emsquare(m): 4:43pm On Apr 11, 2012
Bestjon50: OP, I honestly feel your pain and understand the environment you are very well. It is not as you stated that guys in London are immature, it is just that most of them have one issue or the other that may influence largely any decision they make, especially when it comes to settling down with a woman. I also think that some ladies do not help matter as well. They have thrown the virtue of being natural in the bin. They have long forgotten their roots and how they are supposed to treat their supposed husband to be. Be that as it may, man (London man)has over time faced with difficulties as to marry or just remain single for life.

Just as you feel, many men in London also think that Nigerian girls in London do not want to get involved in a serious relationship that could lead to marriage. So you see! It is a 50 50 kind of thought. But i tell you, there is hope for Isreal. Just try and make yourself a good brand, that is a wife material, men would crawl on their kneels to ask for your hand in marriage. Also, try and lower your standard. Do not think the man must be very rich before you could listen to him in relation to this issue at hand. I have a feeling that someone that wants you as a wife does come your way, but ignorance makes you to turn him down because of his present package. It takes divine intervention to see beyond the package and perhaps, have a glimpse at the content. It is a mystery that you must unravel. When God is giving you the best, He always presents it in the most crude state. It is you that may do the refining. My friend watch and pray, your miracle is on the way, even from the forum.

Well said!
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 11, 2012
Pricelesss: Am over 28yrs Old, and i feel so good and happy with my life, don't care wotever any1 says about me. and i don't feel pushed or intimidated by anything.

I laugh when I see women talking like this like they dont care about getting married.You may not get worried while getting aged but trust me when you get aged,you will definitely wished you had started earlier.
I know someone presently who's going to be 48 by july this year.she sacrificed everything to make her career,she has houses and drives expensive cars but today,she comes to my mum most times telling her how she is unhappy with her life because something is missing there.you should start getting worried about marriage once your bre'asts start sagging !
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by omega25red(m): 4:51pm On Apr 11, 2012
poster

you are only 25 and feel this way? chai i can imagine how fast the last guy run from you because you were probably asking him about marriage everyday for the 4 months you were together. I can't imagine running into you if i were single and getting questioned about out future together in less than a year. I say all this to say when a person is desperate people can see and smell it and you will run the risk of someone taking advantage of you all a person would have to do would be to dangle marriage in front of you and probably get you in the sack. You should just chill and try to cultivate meaningful relationships before you settle down
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by AZeD1(m): 4:52pm On Apr 11, 2012
~Bluetooth:

I laugh when I see women talking like this like they dont care about getting married.You may not get worried while getting aged but trust me when you get aged,you will definitely wished you had started earlier.
I know someone presently who's going to be 48 by july this year.she sacrificed everything to make her career,she has houses and drives expensive cars but today,she comes to my mum most times telling her how she is unhappy with her life because something is missing there.you should start getting worried about marriage once your bre'asts start sagging !
There are also women i know who are married and are terribly miserable......
Marriage !== Happiness

1 Like

Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 11, 2012
I think there are loads of immaturity in the London/UK dating scene - and it goes both ways. Girls are after yahoozee guys, and man dem are after LV, Gucci, AP watches, and blowing money fast. Most of the girls in this generation will end up as baby mums, and the guys will end up as waste men. I'm not mean, but I don't feel sorry for most London chics, you girls are getting what you deserve because the only language you understand is money. Go to a London club and pops champs, and see the number of girls who will be on it.

I don't feel sorry for you, and you can cry me a river.. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You're still 25 and moaning - I just hope you won't turn 40 being someone's baby mum, and end up committing suicide. I'll continue beating the pum of those hungry sluts, and you lot deserve what you get.

It's a game, play the game. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 11, 2012
Finish up with your final exams, make sure you get a good grade then get employed or you can work on your masters....I bet you will have enough men to select from but the moment you begin to think the next thing is to get married then desperation will come in play and you might end up marrying a wrong man. Take your time and work towards your career and education.
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 11, 2012
A-ZeD:

There are also women i know who are married and are terribly miserable......
Marriage !== Happiness

There is no point arguing over this but what I do know is that at 25 years,a lady should know what she wants from a relationship.If at 25,all a lady thinks is just se'x and other irrelevant from a relationship,then she is doomed.btw,isnt a 25 year old lady supposed to have finished from the university and working already ?
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by oobim(m): 5:07pm On Apr 11, 2012
Why desperate at 25?do not make d mistake of marrying 4d wrong reasons.i knw society/family gets our women desperate.marriage out of desperation is a mess.LIVE RIGHt,even at 34,u can get d best man n build d best home.no be by who marry or born 1st o!
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by mojounited(m): 5:08pm On Apr 11, 2012
I can get you pregnant now but marry u in the next 2 yrs
....send me an email on: saemmanuel@ovi.com...
Rofl cheesy Swear down, naija boys nor dey carry last. .
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by greedie1(f): 5:15pm On Apr 11, 2012
Wts d rush?? U r just 25. concentrate on building ur career nd be happy, soon enuf, d ryt man ll come... If u give in to desperation,it ll seem lyk forever b4 d ryt man comes...
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 11, 2012
o.obim:
Why desperate at 25?do not make d mistake of marrying 4d wrong reasons.i knw society/family gets our women desperate.marriage out of desperation is a mess.LIVE RIGHt,even at 34,u can get d best man n build d best home.no be by who marry or born 1st o!
o.obim:

Nigerians and their hypocrisy. . . .be sincere to yourself,can you marry a 34 years old woman ?
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by Brixtonyute(m): 5:22pm On Apr 11, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Nigerians and their hypocrisy. . . .be sincere to yourself,can you marry a 34 years old woman ?

That's EXPIRED goods. undecided

1 Like

Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by kentokay: 5:23pm On Apr 11, 2012
You are still very young Lol, do not rush to marry otherwise you might fall into the wrong hand,take your time and pray about it may the lord help you.
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 11, 2012
Brixtonyute:

That's EXPIRED goods. undecided

So when is the right time to get married for a woman since no young man would want to marry them at 30 and above ?
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by jennyb2: 5:28pm On Apr 11, 2012
hey! beta be careful or else guys will end up taking advantage of ur desperation, u r still young for crying out loud, to crown it all, u hardly get it right wen u r desperate, not yet married but quite older dan u, i have dis very strong conviction dat someday i will surely be married to my prince charming who will treat me like d queen i am. my dear i undstnd ur worry but i sincerely advice u to relax, wait for Gods time and enjoy urself while it last.
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 11, 2012
25 and desperate? Chukwu Abiama!!! Granted, you are ripe for marriage but its not time to get very desperate yet. Come back at 30 if still single.
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by chineloSA(f): 5:30pm On Apr 11, 2012
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
My dear at 25, you still have a bit of time at your hands to play with.

But as ladies, we must understand that not all of us are meant to get married. Some are meant to be housewives, single, nuns, etc

What I can advice you to do is to strive for independence, enjoy your singlehood, travel and tour the world, buy yourself a car, wear all the expensive brands you desire, spoil your siblings and thank your parents etc.
There is nothing as boring as schoolfees,investing in some kids boring future, cooking even when you dont want to, driving a tired car because thats what your husband can afford, be limited with finances because of your husbands affordability especially when you didnt have the opportunity to enjoy yourself.

When the time comes, God will send the right person to you.Keep on praying.
But if God never had plans for you to get married, you will have to learn to accept that.

Our ways and plans are not Gods, he may have a totally different plan for you.

But understand one thing not all married people are happy. Poverty is also not sexy in marriage as well.
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by GboyegaD(m): 5:32pm On Apr 11, 2012
OP,
Relax your mind and at the right time the right guy would come. In the meantime, enjoy your being single and focus on your life rather than comparing yourself with others who are married.
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by dubem3(m): 5:33pm On Apr 11, 2012
Killz.:

+1000

W.A.E.C, N.E.C.O or J.A.M.B...which do you work with, oga examiner?
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by bittyend(m): 5:33pm On Apr 11, 2012
KarmenK: I'm about finishing a degree this year. Ive only dated two guys one of two years and the other I ended last night after 4 months.
Both who are in there 30's were just wasting my time with no goal or plans for the future.
Their own concern or goal was to make money and wear the latest garms ( clothes).
I find guys in London are immature too much on a hype. The I dated for 2 years ( a ghanian ) told me he wanted to settle down at 40.( I mean come on)
All my mates are married with kids or have a kid and on to their second. I can't even mingle with these girls to say I'm scouting for potential bf

I dnt have a problem getting a guys it's keeping then long enough to like me more then my physical shape. I thought by now I would be in a serious relationship, pregnant or planning a wedding.
I'm I rushing it. My Nigerian name is Okemute = there's a time for everything. I know Patience is a Virtue. But I'm to damn inpatient my attitude is if I want something I'm must have.
I feel at 25 as a female I'm too old. Im also the eldest in my family I dnt to be 30 and single still with no kids let alone no husband. I've even considered moving to Nigeria in search of a bf potential husband.

So NL is Gods Time the Best shall I learn to be more patience. My mum keeps telling.
Or shall I get on the case and do fast.

What the heck?? Your written English is poor, I feel like smashing my laptop. This just shows that we black people in the UK are being treated as slaves, if you went through the educational system, and still can't write English to save your life. I wonder who's going to employ you - with the double dip recession in the UK.

Good luck with your search for a bf, I won't date someone like you - with your crap spellings and written English. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by Killz1(m): 5:35pm On Apr 11, 2012
dubem3:

W.A.E.C, N.E.C.O or J.A.M.B...which do you work with, oga examiner?
Gbogbo won ni. . . I work part time with the three both of them ke. . .
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by chineloSA(f): 5:35pm On Apr 11, 2012
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

But as ladies, we must understand that not all of us are meant to get married. Some are meant to be housewives, single, nuns, etc

What I can advice you to do is to strive for independence, enjoy your singlehood, travel and tour the world, buy yourself a car, wear all the expensive brands you desire, spoil your siblings and thank your parents etc.
There is nothing as boring as schoolfees,investing in some kids boring future, cooking even when you dont want to, driving a tired car because thats what your husband can afford, be limited with finances because of your husbands affordability especially when you didnt have the opportunity to enjoy yourself.

But if God never had plans for you to get married, you will have to learn to accept that.

But understand one thing not all married people are happy. Poverty is also not sexy in marriage as well.
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by ebecode(m): 5:49pm On Apr 11, 2012
Pls OP,don't mind these ppl saying @ least u shldn't be seriously searching @ 25yrs as a lady.Blv me this same ppl will be castigating u when u're 29yrs,accusing u of all sort of things & asking u were where u when ur mates are getting married @ 24.My advise to u is don't be desperate,look for a serious guy & settle down as soon as possible but pls don't u ever cross dat 30yrs bridge else......God helep u...& to all our african queens in here,alwys keep it @ d back of ur mind dat LADIES GET EXPIRING DATE OOO...I TAKE GOD BEG UNA.
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by tttn726: 5:50pm On Apr 11, 2012
Very interesting post.

Listen...i,m at work now (in London) can't stay on for long so here goes

Would love to "subscribe" and or "friend" you on Facebook. Why? You're yoruba (decent Yoruba pals (girls)are scarce in this city-London - for me atleast) and you sound interesting (like one can hold a discussion with you)

Can I say...I don't see you as desperate or anything. I am also not rushing in to say I want or anything else.

I created a temporary mail here - mail your FB or Googleplus addy (eterpetee@hotmail.co.uk)
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 11, 2012
ebecode: Pls OP,don't mind these ppl saying @ least u shldn't be seriously searching @ 25yrs as a lady.Blv me this same ppl will be castigating u when u're 29yrs,accusing u of all sort of things & asking u were where u when ur mates are getting married @ 24.My advise to u is don't be desperate,look for a serious guy & settle down as soon as possible but pls don't u ever cross dat 30yrs bridge else......God helep u...& to all our african queens in here,alwys keep it @ d back of ur mind dat LADIES GET EXPIRING DATE OOO...I TAKE GOD BEG UNA.

Dont mind them hypocrite. . . . .they want the OP to end up like them.what is wrong in being in a serious relationship at OP age ? But who would blame them when most of them are in their late 30s and still searching.
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by luckgames(m): 5:57pm On Apr 11, 2012
chineloSA: smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

Ok lot of BS above, some good information too
If people get marry their standard of living might go up some time
Don't buy or wear all expensive brands in the world, catch all good cloths on sales
Save, save , save, save, save lot of money
My wife bought a car put lot of money down and paid off the car within a year (Car of about $55K)
Go see the world
we just started doing trips ( two trips every year)
We both on good finance standing because we saved
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by mygsmnairacom(m): 5:59pm On Apr 11, 2012
I can appreciate your anxiety, but please don't be desperate, lest you fall for a wrong guy. I pray you get the best guy for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Most Embarrassing Day Of My Life...see Wetin Woman Do Me "Must Read" / I Need A Wife But Seeing Only HookUp Girls & Single Moms I What Would YOU Do? / How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.