Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,809 members, 7,862,679 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:01 PM

Just One Secret To A Happy Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Just One Secret To A Happy Relationship (590 Views)

Top Secret To Make Her Stick To You In Love / The Secret To A Successful Marriage Is Allowing Your Husband To See Other Women. / Describe Love In Just One Word! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Just One Secret To A Happy Relationship by ludot(m): 3:53pm On Apr 12, 2012
If I think someone else has a problem, I have a problem – Chris Morris

Just before we started making our sales call one afternoon, myself and some colleagues stopped over at KFC to have a quick bite of chicken to get us into the swing of the day. Cynthia (not real name), one of the ladies with us started to tell me about the issues she was having with her boyfriend so that I could give her some relationship advice. A part of our conversation went like this;

Cynthia: (with teary eyes) What do I do? I am stuck! I don’t like how he is behaving.
Me: What’s important to you in a relationship?
Cynthia: Respect…
Me: Are you getting respect?
Cynthia: No
Me: Okay…how much respect do you give?
Cynthia: *silence**silence* and *more silence*
Me: You know what to do… see you later.

The blame game, we have all played it before and we still do in our relationships. I cannot count on my fingers the number of religious faiths or schools of thought there are in the world but one truth they all agree on is that you have control over what others do to you. In Christianity it is called the golden law, “do to others as you would have them do to you – Luke 6:31″. Science calls it the law of cause and effect in nature and physics while in Buddhism it is referred to as the law of karma.

So, whenever you start blaming the other person for the problems in your relationship, do a reality check on yourself first. And just before you pick up the next book, dvd, cd or attend the next seminar on love and relationships, you can discover the secret to successful relationship building in just this one sentence, “do not expect to get what you do not give.”

http://dotunolukoya./2012/04/11/the-blame-game/

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some Ladies Pretend So Much? / How Would You Maintain Your GF When You Are Not Financially As She Expected. / Whereand How I Spend My Cash Is Not Ya Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.