Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Reasons For Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons For Marriage (1270 Views)

When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? / Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons For Marriage by JojoArmani(m): 8:58pm On Apr 12, 2012
De way we Nigerian youth re going about in marriage really scares me expecially the girls. It makes me to ask my self wat is the main reason for marriage.

girls always desperate to get married while those dat re in it complains everyday. Marriage should be a tin of joy but is turning out to be de opposite.

please wat did u think is de main reason for marriage. Ur opinion is highly needed.
Re: Reasons For Marriage by luckgames(m): 9:01pm On Apr 12, 2012
Jojo Armani: De way we Nigerian youth re going about in marriage really scares me expecially the girls. It makes me to ask my self wat is the main reason for marriage.

girls always desperate to get married while those dat re in it complains everyday. Marriage should be a tin of joy but is turning out to be de opposite.

please wat did u think is de main reason for marriage. Ur opinion is highly needed.

The issue is not getting Marriage but
Keeping the marriage
Re: Reasons For Marriage by Killz1(m): 9:19pm On Apr 12, 2012
Jojo Armani: De way we Nigerian youth re going about in marriage really scares me expecially the girls. It makes me to ask my self wat is the main reason for marriage.

g[b]irls always desperate to get married[/b] while those dat re in it complains everyday.
Who are the girls getting married to? Goats?
Re: Reasons For Marriage by JojoArmani(m): 9:30pm On Apr 12, 2012
luckgames:

The issue is not getting Marriage but
Keeping the marriage
the question here wat did u think is de reason for gettin married.
Re: Reasons For Marriage by JojoArmani(m): 9:32pm On Apr 12, 2012
Killz.:

Who are the girls getting married to? Goats?
That doesnt answer de question. From ur own opinion wat did u think is de main reason for gettin married.
Re: Reasons For Marriage by Killz1(m): 9:36pm On Apr 12, 2012
Jojo Armani: That doesnt answer de question. From ur own opinion wat did u think is de main reason for gettin married.
Answer the question first. . . Who are the desperate girls getting married to? Goats?
Re: Reasons For Marriage by JojoArmani(m): 10:11pm On Apr 12, 2012
Killz.:

Answer the question first. . . Who are the desperate girls getting married to? Goats?
guys of course
Re: Reasons For Marriage by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 12, 2012
lol, i guess this is a question i have to ask myself, never thought of why i wanted to get married. i guess society just demands marriage when you get to a certain age. i think it's more societal influence and expectations for some people while some it's just guaranteed sex partner................. lol i'm kinda clueless
Re: Reasons For Marriage by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 12, 2012
Shollypopz: lol, i guess this is a question i have to ask myself, never thought of why i wanted to get married. i guess society just demands marriage when you get to a certain age. i think it's more societal influence and expectations for some people while some it's just guaranteed sex partner................. lol i'm kinda clueless
you wud be clueless because you are young. What you should be thinking and doing now is how to eat guguru & epa and gossip with your kitchen cabinet. When u're 25yrs old, you won't be clueless again.
Re: Reasons For Marriage by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 12, 2012
bennyraz: you wud be clueless because you are young. What you should be thinking and doing now is how to eat guguru & epa and gossip with your kitchen cabinet. When u're 25yrs old, you won't be clueless again.
dude, did they send you to me?? how do you know i'm not 25 or older. lol, u should seriously think about not hating!
Re: Reasons For Marriage by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 12, 2012
peer pressure is too much

if most of ur mates are married wiv kids u dont want to show up at gatherings alone and being asked how ur misses or how ur hubby?

its embarrassing trust

u go rather fall in love with someone by force and then bear the consquences
Re: Reasons For Marriage by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 12, 2012
Shollypopz:
dude, did they send you to me?? how do you know i'm not 25 or older. lol, u should seriously think about not hating!
no hating sweetie ur clueless comments sparked me. 25 and older & marriage is not on your mind When you enter menopause which i pray u don't enter, is that when marriage will be on your mind.
Re: Reasons For Marriage by JojoArmani(m): 8:27am On Apr 14, 2012
mikeansy: peer pressure is too much

if most of ur mates are married wiv kids u dont want to show up at gatherings alone and being asked how ur misses or how ur hubby?

its embarrassing trust

u go rather fall in love with someone by force and then bear the consquences
laughing u re funny
Re: Reasons For Marriage by freecocoa(f): 8:43am On Apr 14, 2012
Well for me,the reasons why i wanna get married are as follows
-i wanna have kids,I know i can have kids even as a single lady but that's not how i want it,i want to have them in a well functioning home with two sensible adults(parents)and marriage can guarantee that to a certain level.
-I want to have a companion who has a sense of duty to me,getting married to a responsible man makes him realize he is no longer allowed to do just whatever he wants,his life is now partly dedicated to making me happy without him feeling somehow about it.
-Love,I "love" the person I'll eventually marry(wherever\whoever he is)and so I'd love to spend the rest of my life with him God willing.
Re: Reasons For Marriage by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 14, 2012
strolling by with a bottle of ogogoro in his left hand and a pack of spade on the other, whistles as he passes....
Re: Reasons For Marriage by JojoArmani(m): 11:19pm On Apr 14, 2012
freecocoa: Well for me,the reasons why i wanna get married are as follows
-i wanna have kids,I know i can have kids even as a single lady but that's not how i want it,i want to have them in a well functioning home with two sensible adults(parents)and marriage can guarantee that to a certain level.
-I want to have a companion who has a sense of duty to me,getting married to a responsible man makes him realize he is no longer allowed to do just whatever he wants,his life is now partly dedicated to making me happy without him feeling somehow about it.
-Love,I "love" the person I'll eventually marry(wherever\whoever he is)and so I'd love to spend the rest of my life with him God willing.
her main reasons for gettin married is for legal children.
Re: Reasons For Marriage by pendo89(f): 11:26pm On Apr 14, 2012
Marriage is like a popcorn making machine.

As the heat intensifies,the corns pop.

If there's a desperate girl waiting to get married there must be a desperate boy lying in wait.

Marry cz you CHOOSE to.Every other reason will be tested in the machine.

Kids>> Suppose one is unable to bear one out of one reason or another? What if you lose them in some calamity?
Love>> Great foundation but what if he decides to have roving eyes and love starts waning?
Societal pressure>> Will the society help you build your marriage? They will urge you to get in.But they won't get in with you.
Finances>>No need to explain. We all know what happens and how unstable this an turn out to be.
Religion>>Nope its not a must really.Great people accomplished much in their single status. Be sure of this though so you don't become an old fool.

Its a choice.
Re: Reasons For Marriage by ijebabe: 12:06am On Apr 15, 2012
One reason for marriage is attraction whether physical or whatever, and love. Once this is set other things follow for me. Almost every person has a checklist with certain features or charateristics they want in a partner (doesn't always fall through but one can hope smiley) and a deal breaker for the relationship. Family is important to me as well, if I'm going to spend the rest of my life battling for a position in my new family then i will have to seriously think if this guy is worth it and what i'm getting myself into!
Re: Reasons For Marriage by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 15, 2012

our ancestors created marriage to keep order...and to tame the females. tongue

complaining is part of our DNA as woman so that's no biggie cheesy cheesy grin
but the new generation - MY generation, the world over sees marriage as being a form of a burden
something that will keep them from "being free" so they try to avoid it or just refuse to take it serious.
Re: Reasons For Marriage by tpia1: 6:07am On Nov 27, 2012
well, people have various reasons for getting married.

(1) (Reply)

How To Know If A Girl Loves You / . / Edited!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.