Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers (47076 Views)

Poll: What is your opinion of tithe preachers.

They genuinely believe it is required: 13% (35 votes)
They know it is not relevant to christianity but they still preach it for money: 21% (55 votes)
They are preaching the gospel truth: 28% (73 votes)
They are genuinely ignorant of the truth about biblical tithes.: 9% (25 votes)
They are just business men trying to make a dis honest living.: 27% (71 votes)
This poll has ended

If A Thieve Steals The Money I Had Packaged For Tithe, Do I Still Pay Tithe From / A Question For Tithe Payers / A Question For Tithe Payers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 2:07pm On Apr 24, 2012
@ Nuclearboy,

Yes! Image123 is a reasonable person. He remains my brother in the Lord though we may have differences/disagree on some issues BUT WHERE IS HE NOW? He asked us questions and we answered him WITH THE AGREEMENT THAT HE WILL ANSWER MY/OUR QUESTION IN RETURN and all of a sudden he disappeared, ignored us and was attending to other threads. He should simply come and answer our/my questions and we can prove the truth.

Very Simple.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 2:38pm On Apr 24, 2012
Goshen360: @ Nuclearboy,

Yes! Image123 is a reasonable person. He remains my brother in the Lord though we may have differences/disagree on some issues BUT WHERE IS HE NOW? He asked us questions and we answered him WITH THE AGREEMENT THAT HE WILL ANSWER MY/OUR QUESTION IN RETURN and all of a sudden he disappeared, ignored us and was attending to other threads. He should simply come and answer our/my questions and we can prove the truth.

Very Simple.
It's your turn to post, not mine. Re-read the terms and conditions.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 2:42pm On Apr 24, 2012
Image123: If you insist, i also like this questioning business. Permit me to ask about 10 questions. I need individual answers from you Goshen, Nuclearboy, Jem1 and Kunle. i need answers from each one of you, then i'll answer your tithe questions. Deal?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 2:44pm On Apr 24, 2012
Image123: Good. We're almost there. Let's have it ALL on this thread, not a huge fan of OPs. Don't worry, i'm not going to derail the thread, the thread's closed from your end. I just need kunle to yes it on this thread, then each of you's answers to the ten or so questions. I'm not even going to reply or rebut your answers. Take deep breaths, question come up tomorrow morning IF kunle has agreed to answer on this thread. i thank you all sincerely, good night.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:37pm On Apr 24, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Don't mind the clown, he as only succeeded in digging himself deeper into a pit. Unfortunately his cohorts like snowwy and olaadegbu who should help him out have scampered having themselves realised there are too many errors associated with modern day tithing.
You and your cohorts should have read the fine prints before "jumping" to conclusions.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 3:59pm On Apr 24, 2012
@ Image123,

I have many questions BUT will ask them one by one. Okay.

Question 1: Do you believe God says what He meant and mean what He says? As in, Do you believe God is SPECIFIC when it come to instruction? As in, Moses, Speak to the Rock is different from/to Moses Strike the Rock?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 4:02pm On Apr 24, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
You and your cohorts should have read the fine prints before "jumping" to conclusions.

@ OLAADEGBU,

You don't have to classify ALL of us,okay. It shows the kind of person you are. You asked me some questions PERSONALLY and I answered you with the terms and agreement that you will answer mine also. I answered your questions and was waiting that I ask mine then you disappear. I have told you what I believed but you are still dodging my questions.

Kindly come on board and let me ask you my own questions. Very Simple.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 4:18pm On Apr 24, 2012
Goshen360: @ Image123,

Question 1: Do you believe God says what He meant and mean what He says? As in, Do you believe God is SPECIFIC when it come to instruction? As in, Moses, Speak to the Rock is different from/to Moses Strike the Rock?
i know that God means what He says. Sometimes God is specific and detailed like when He gave instructions for building of the ark, some times, He's not like when He says if your eye offend you, cut it off. It takes a relationship with God and a balanced knowledge of God's Word(the Bible) to understand God more and grow in His knowledge. Not A1 in English.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 4:20pm On Apr 24, 2012
Do you have an idea of the number of questions you plan on asking me? i sincerely do not want to 'forever' talk tithe tithe tithe.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:22pm On Apr 24, 2012
Goshen360:

@ OLAADEGBU,

You don't have to classify ALL of us,okay. It shows the kind of person you are. You asked me some questions PERSONALLY and I answered you with the terms and agreement that you will answer mine also. I answered your questions and was waiting that I ask mine then you disappear. I have told you what I believed but you are still dodging my questions.

Kindly come on board and let me ask you my own questions. Very Simple.
I remember asking three questions. How many did you answer?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by PastorKun(m): 4:29pm On Apr 24, 2012
Goshen360: @ Image123,

I won't bother wasting my time and asking this deliberately fraudulent hypocrite any more questions if I were you. He as established clearly to all that he lacks the integrity to have a honest debate on the topic. Now it's even clearer to all that these charlatans know the truth but would deliberately subvert it cause of their selfish and greedy interest. I have no doubt in my mind that Image123 is a beneficiary of tithes collections hence his unwillingness to accept the truth even in the face of overwhelming evidence against his criminally inspired position. Same goes for that shameless pharisee called olaadegbu who pretends to be a christian.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:41pm On Apr 24, 2012
Pastor Kun:

I won't bother wasting my time and asking this deliberately fraudulent hypocrite any more questions if I were you. He as established clearly to all that he lacks the integrity to have a honest debate on the topic. Now it's even clearer to all that these charlatans know the truth but would deliberately subvert it cause of their selfish and greedy interest. I have no doubt in my mind that Image123 is a beneficiary of tithes collections hence his unwillingness to accept the truth even in the face of overwhelming evidence against his criminally inspired position. Same goes for that shameless pharisee called olaadegbu who pretends to be a christian.
What's all about this emotional outburst? You say I pretend to be a Christian but your stand on these question will show whether you and your anti-tithe gang are Christians or not. Do you believe that Jesus Christ is your Creator, the Creator of heaven and earth, do you also believe that the Scriptures are inerrant and inspired, and Do you believe in biblical creation as is recorded in Genesis, that God means what He said and not you telling Him what He meant?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by nuclearboy(m): 4:53pm On Apr 24, 2012
grin grin

I honestly do NOT know why Goshen and Kunle are perturbed at all grin

You guys forget that there are others who have been silently reading and watching our conversation! They have brains, don't they? And they can see the duplicity, can't they?

When I said "image should not behave like the devil who looks for how to trap", and called him honorable, I knew he would either prove me right or wrong! Now he has shown everyone that he has no points to face Kunle, Jem1 or Goshen! We all answered him (like Christ did) but now he shows himself to represent those who when Christ spoke to, were incensed because they had nothing to say!

It was obvious that he had found his Waterloo in Goshen but wanted a way out, was why he asked meaningless questions! He hoped Kunle or one of us wouldn't respond but now we have, what did you expect from him!

Normal - satan tempted then ran! Image questioned then ran! So the question is "IMAGE" of who? Satan or Religion? Cos Christ is far away from this combo above! Abi what reader ever saw Jesus tongue-tied and resorting to "cowardice"? Or running away? grin

I hereby christen you "DevilImage" the cowardly pharisee grin
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 5:05pm On Apr 24, 2012
"And the governor said, WHY, what evil hath he done? But they cried out the more, saying, Let him be crucified." (Matthew 27:23).
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 5:07pm On Apr 24, 2012
nuclearboy: @Kunle:

Haba, why are you allowing our brother to have excuse to play wayo now?

Do you have any thing you fear to confront? Accept and let's answer his questions! Then we'll see him face Goshen and bite dust!

Abeg accept O. We are better than to play games! At least we hold ourselves to higher standards and want him to do same
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 5:10pm On Apr 24, 2012
Goshen360: After quoting what next? You no wan talk ni? Abi your hand don fall ni as you don chew pass wetin your mouth fit contain.lol. grin
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 5:11pm On Apr 24, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Don't mind the clown, he as only succeeded in digging himself deeper into a pit. Unfortunately his cohorts like snowwy and olaadegbu who should help him out have scampered having themselves realised there are too many errors associated with modern day tithing.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by PastorKun(m): 5:16pm On Apr 24, 2012
I hereby christen you "evilImage" the cowardly pharisee

Very apt description grin it still beats my imagination how anyone who claims to be a christian could so shamelessly twist the very word of God he claims to believe in. Any way we have been warned that the agents of satan are capable of disguising themselves as the children of light. But by his fruits evilimage as certainly exposed himself.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by debosky(m): 5:45pm On Apr 24, 2012
Why all this name calling?

Y'all should allow Goshen to ask the questions and Image to respond - as far as I've seen he has answered the single question asked thus far so please let's honour the process before making conclusions.

As for Olaadegbu, please handle a discourse with him on a separate thread - I have enjoyed reading this one without any regurgitation of links and pseudo-scientific references. Let's stay focused.

Goshen please resume your questions so we can proceed - I trust Image will respond as he has done thus far.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 6:37pm On Apr 24, 2012
debosky: Why all this name calling?

Y'all should allow Goshen to ask the questions and Image to respond - as far as I've seen he has answered the single question asked thus far so please let's honour the process before making conclusions.

As for Olaadegbu, please handle a discourse with him on a separate thread - I have enjoyed reading this one without any regurgitation of links and pseudo-scientific references. Let's stay focused.

Goshen please resume your questions so we can proceed - I trust Image will respond as he has done thus far.

I really have to thank you for the maturity you came into this thread. Very Impressive. God bless you.

Also, I like you engage Olaadegbu in his statement that Jesus,(as God) created man. I want to him or Kunle to open another thread to that effect and we will dig deep together by the grace of God.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by nuclearboy(m): 6:51pm On Apr 24, 2012
^^

Well, we'll see! But chairman Image says he never said he would OR PLANNED TO answer! He just wasted time and took the heat off by throwing those questions!

And of course you can see him & Olaadegbu NOW talking of fine print and terms & conditions!

Once the questions and thread became too hot, the diversionary tactics began - 1st was Olaadegbus "how do we know you are Christian" as if Christ & Apostles didn't discuss with non-believers! If the Lord of Glory & His personal Apostles did, can you imagine an internet warrior boasting his own belief cannot discuss with such (if we were)? When answered, he became legalistic! Then Image found naught to say and asked his own questions! After we all had answered, we hear he never had plan to respond! so, his questions were baseless since he hasn't used them for ANY purpose + they even were a trick to irritate, plus obfuscate and change the issues raised by the thread! grin

Satan truly is a wily evil serpent and master.

Now watch please! He won't quote the posts that showed his paucity of truth but will quote this and presently will "get annoyed" and leave the thread! grin

Is pride, trickery and confusionism a Christian trait nowadays? grin

you don't know so why not keep shut and learn? You have discovered your belief is NOT supported by scripture so why not humble yourself (that's the man God favors)! You can even decide to keep giving a tenth to church - who will stop you or wants to? Just do not preach it as binding! Allow Children of God to remain free as God intended!
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 6:52pm On Apr 24, 2012
@ Image123,

In reference to you question to me above as to how many questions am going to ask you. Well, I will ask the number of questions you asked and it will be very clear if you are worshiping God in spirit and IN TRUTH or otherwise. My questions are going to be progressive in nature; that is Q1 leads to 2 and 2 to 3 and so on till we get to ten.Okay. I would have asked all at a time but permit me as this method makes it very clear and summarizes all being said taught from both sides

Q2: Since you accepted and believed that God is VERY SPECIFIC ON INSTRUCTION
Image123:
i know that God means what He says. Sometimes God is specific and detailed like when He gave instructions for building of the ark, some times, He's not like when He says if your eye offend you, cut it off. It takes a relationship with God and a balanced knowledge of God's Word(the Bible) to understand God more and grow in His knowledge. Not A1 in English.

Q2 NOW, Do you BELIEVE and ACCEPT that God SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED THAT TITHE SHOULD BE TAKEN/BROUGHT FROM CROPS AND ANIMALS ONLY AND MONEY IS NEVER/NOT INSTRUCTED IN GOD'S TITHING EVEN THOUGH MONEY EXISTED THEN?

(After you answer this Q2, I will tell you the reason why it was specify) Thank you.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by PastorKun(m): 7:05pm On Apr 24, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
What's all about this emotional outburst? You say I pretend to be a Christian but your stand on these question will show whether you and your anti-tithe gang are Christians or not. Do you believe that Jesus Christ is your Creator, the Creator of heaven and earth, do you also believe that the Scriptures are inerrant and inspired, and Do you believe in biblical creation as is recorded in Genesis, that God means what He said and not you telling Him what He meant?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by PastorKun(m): 7:07pm On Apr 24, 2012
Image123:
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 7:41pm On Apr 24, 2012
Hahahahahahaha. i think myself happy i responded to this thread, it's got me laughing for hours. Well done, invigilator debosky.
Haheheheheheheheheho.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 7:44pm On Apr 24, 2012
Kunle dey quote. Copy and paste champion. You should do things with purpose, not just copycat. If you guys had questions on the questions i asked you, you should have felt free to ask instead of galloping to head-jarring conclusions.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by PastorKun(m): 8:46pm On Apr 24, 2012
Image123: Kunle dey quote. Copy and paste champion. You should do things with purpose, not just copycat. If you guys had questions on the questions i asked you, you should have felt free to ask instead of galloping to head-jarring conclusions.

Ode buruku you have exposed to the whole world what I have known for the last five years that you are a notorious fraudulent charlatan who benefits and so needs to defend the tithing scam. Your partners in crime like olaadegbu and snowwy have kept quiet cos they realise they would be exposed as fraudsters on this thread yet you are dumb enough to continue exposing your self to be a fraudster.

PS: the original questions on this thread plus the two additional questions I asked before you decided to derail the thread with your daft + fraudulent questions are still waiting for you to answer. Ole buruku barawo angry
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by nuclearboy(m): 8:54pm On Apr 24, 2012
Ah, fight ke? Kunle, abeg don't quarell O.

Let him and Goshen settle this cos I see the Spirit of God is definitely in Goshen with these questions!

And please leave Olaadegbu out of this! Snowwy can be yabbed cos he is definitely fraudulent but let Olaadegbu define himself clearly first!
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 9:09pm On Apr 24, 2012
@ Prophetic-Apostle Image123,

Don't mind Kunle o, na so him dey do. I don tell you sef make you give Kunle tithe you no gree. Maybe na tithe wey you no give Kunle dey pain him as you say na anybody wey dey do God's work suppose collect tithe. I see Kunle too is doing God's work and he is set aside for that purpose for over 7 years now grin grin grin

I'm still waiting for my own answer jare and after this Q2, just few more to go, e fit no even reach ten again sef and we will be done. Okay. Make Anointing no dry at this stage o,lolz grin Over to you sir.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by PastorKun(m): 9:19pm On Apr 24, 2012
nuclearboy: Ah, fight ke? Kunle, abeg don't quarell O.

Let him and Goshen settle this cos I see the Spirit of God is definitely in Goshen with these questions!

And please leave Olaadegbu out of this! Snowwy can be yabbed cos he is definitely fraudulent but let Olaadegbu define himself clearly first!

I only succumbed to answering evilimage 123 questions so he won't have an excuse to obfuscare issues. I know him very well and he as been playing pranks and twisting scriptures along with olaadegbu on this tithe issue for as long asd I have been on NL. Even olaadegbu that pretends to be a christian is a pharisaic hypocrite. These goons have more than enough evidence that we have shown to them from scriptures that the modern tithes doctrine is a fraud yet they stick to it cos of the filthy lucre they derive from it.

Abeg, me I have zero regard for fraudsters and these charlatans are clearly fraudsters.

@Goshen I appreciate your efforts but I can tell you from experience that Image123 knows the truth but is merely playing games to protect his fraudulent position. You can be rest assured he would never address the questions you ask biblically. I wish you the best of luck in your attempts though
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by debosky(m): 7:40am On Apr 25, 2012
I understand you guys may have perfectly valid reasons for your views, but consider a neutral observer for a moment - someone who doesn't have the history you guys have with Image or others here. Such an observer may form the opinion that you are not willing to hear the other side's views and have already concluded and that is not useful.

If we are trying to share the truth here, we should allow the process to run its course. Again I haven't seen any avoidance by Image yet and I and would encourage him to answer the latest question by Goshen.

This is an issue close to many hearts here so it's best to let the truth be evident to all rather than letting name calling get in the way.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by nuclearboy(m): 9:26am On Apr 25, 2012
I agree with Debosky and since I am real-life friends with Kunle, have outside this forum pleaded with him to be more patient!

Many of us have studied this issue over & over because we were afraid to do the wrong thing! And because we were afraid, we understand that others can also be afraid with good cause! What brings disgust is knowing that the "other guy" knows the truth but because he is a pastor making money from it, refuses to allow truth reign!

I believe that if Image123 and Olaadegbu would "DARE" to answer Goshen's questions, truth would be made obvious! But they both know this and so, the duplicity, obfuscation and posturing! For someone like me who has done all evil things and then some that nobody even ever thought about, truth is a big issue and so I wonder and smile sadly at pretense etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Confession Of Sexual Sins At Bishop Obinim's Church By Members (Video) / "After Prayers, I Would Go Back To Masturbation & Watch Blue Film" - Kenyan Man / Church Banner With Archbishop Benson Idahosa As Guest Speaker Causes Stir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.