Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,352 members, 7,957,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:23 AM

Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers (47559 Views)

Poll: What is your opinion of tithe preachers.

They genuinely believe it is required: 13% (35 votes)
They know it is not relevant to christianity but they still preach it for money: 21% (55 votes)
They are preaching the gospel truth: 28% (73 votes)
They are genuinely ignorant of the truth about biblical tithes.: 9% (25 votes)
They are just business men trying to make a dis honest living.: 27% (71 votes)
This poll has ended

If A Thieve Steals The Money I Had Packaged For Tithe, Do I Still Pay Tithe From / A Question For Tithe Payers / A Question For Tithe Payers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:03am On Apr 25, 2012
I hope we all drop our pride and ego and listen to this godly and timely counsel.

Fringe Issues

"And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient" (2 Timothy 2:24)

One of the plagues of modern-day Christendom is that many take up side issues and deem them all-important--a point of separation between them and other Christians. Health foods, dress codes, and church constitutions are not unimportant, but Christians can hold different opinions and still be walking with God. Note the scriptural admonitions: "Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace |i.e., primary issues|; not with meats |i.e., fringe issues|, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein" (Hebrews 13:9); "foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes" (2 Timothy 2:23).

On the other hand, there are many scriptural commands to hold "fast the faithful word" (Titus 1:9); to "keep that which is committed to thy trust" (1 Timothy 6:20). Many of these points of "sound doctrine" (Titus 1:9) are absolutely essential, such as the deity of Christ, the authority of Scripture, salvation by grace, the resurrection of Christ, and many others clearly and specifically taught in Scripture. Perhaps the rule might be, if it's an essential doctrine, teach and defend it at all costs; if it's a secondary doctrine, teach it in "meekness" and love (2 Timothy 2:25). But if it's a fringe issue, avoid strife over it, allowing brothers to exercise their freedom.

Is creationism a fringe issue? No! Few doctrines are so clearly taught in Scripture. Is it crucial to salvation? No! But it is essential to adequately understand the great primary doctrines for it is foundational to them all. Furthermore, it is the subject of origins which the enemy has identified as a major battleground, vowing to destroy Christianity over this issue. Here we must stand, if we are to guard our faith. JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 12:32pm On Apr 25, 2012
@Goshen
2 ). i said that SOMETIMES, God is specific and detailed on instruction, OTHER TIMES, HE IS NOT. And i gave examples. It's either we're just trying to win an argument, or we're learning and discussing. It's good if you'll choose which in sincerity and not be seeking to catch me in my words like the pharisees. God NEVER put the word 'ONLY', antitithers did. You're becoming guilty of adding to God's Word and i hope you know the consequences. It's good you realise your sins and repent quickly. Tithe is clearly from 'ALL things' as read in 2Chronicles 31v5. We should look at the whole scriptures in totality, not just picking and choosing our fancies. Abraham gave tithes and it was not ONLY of crops and animals, was it? His tithes was accepted and acknowledged even in Hebrews 7 as by God's Spirit.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 12:44pm On Apr 25, 2012
Now you call the thing 'God's tithing' to entrap me. If i mentioned 'tithing' now, nuclear will go on a holy lecture on verbs, nouns and adjectives. At your convenience too, you'd call it 'Levitical tithing', let's be sincere please Goshen. i implore you to come out of the old testamental veil of the letter, into the grace that abounds. Allow God's people to give their tithe as God has increased them, not by your lettered view. Some of you are so like the levite and the priest in 'the good Samaritan' story: i don't want to be unclean, i don't want to be late for church, i want to keep the law, wholly mechanical. Truth is spiritual in essence, not confined to words and letters. Why at the end of the day after all has been argued, do you guys not find peace? No, you must argue a little more, call on snowwy and Olaa and ABD to come talk tithes all over. There's a mark you're not taking note of. Let's humble ourselves, and also heed advice like Olaa my brother just posted.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 1:07pm On Apr 25, 2012
Where is that PastorBaba 'obfuscare' the time-keeper? Come and ring another bell oh? Copycopy, you no quote me again?
Where's that his post abi nuclear don tell the guy? Let me not bother, d guy no dey inspire at all.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 1:23pm On Apr 25, 2012
Image123: Now you call the thing 'God's tithing' to entrap me. If i mentioned 'tithing' now, nuclear will go on a holy lecture on verbs, nouns and adjectives. At your convenience too, you'd call it 'Levitical tithing', let's be sincere please Goshen. i implore you to come out of the old testamental veil of the letter, into the grace that abounds. Allow God's people to give their tithe as God has increased them, not by your lettered view. Some of you are so like the levite and the priest in 'the good Samaritan' story: i don't want to be unclean, i don't want to be late for church, i want to keep the law, wholly mechanical. Truth is spiritual in essence, not confined to words and letters. Why at the end of the day after all has been argued, do you guys not find peace? No, you must argue a little more, call on snowwy and Olaa and ABD to come talk tithes all over. There's a mark you're not taking note of. Let's humble ourselves, and also heed advice like Olaa my brother just posted.

Well, you have just caught yourself in one of the future questions I was going to ask. I quote you in advance. Leave all this talk sir. It's a deal or promise you made openly before the whole world that after we answer you questions, you will answer mine. You are dealing with your own issues so please answer my questions. None of us beat around when you asked your questions. We answered it straight away. I "think" you are the one not being sincere as regards this "tithe questions".

Call it "tithe", "levitical tithe", God's tithe" What exactly are you talking about? The tithe that is recorded in the bible, is that not what we are talking about. Please, just answer my question and you yourself will see weather you have been fed with heresies or you have teaching God's people heresies. Nobody is entrapping you. Answer my question please because you are taking too long on Q2, how long will you take for the remaining 8 questions.

YOU CAN DECIDE TO BACK OUT OF THIS THREAD AFTER YOU ANSWER MY QUESTION, I DON'T MIND BUT AS LONG AS YOU HAVE DEAL, YOU MUST ANSWER TILL WE GET TO THE TITHE/TENTH QUESTION.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 1:56pm On Apr 25, 2012
Image123: @Goshen
2 ). i said that SOMETIMES, God is specific and detailed on instruction, OTHER TIMES, HE IS NOT. And i gave examples. It's either we're just trying to win an argument, or we're learning and discussing. It's good if you'll choose which in sincerity and not be seeking to catch me in my words like the pharisees. God NEVER put the word 'ONLY', antitithers did. You're becoming guilty of adding to God's Word and i hope you know the consequences. It's good you realise your sins and repent quickly. Tithe is clearly from 'ALL things' as read in 2Chronicles 31v5. We should look at the whole scriptures in totality, not just picking and choosing our fancies. Abraham gave tithes and it was not ONLY of crops and animals, was it? His tithes was accepted and acknowledged even in Hebrews 7 as by God's Spirit.

I See you are "trying" to beat around now. Well, it doesn't matter. I will still ask my questions. However, if you are NOW teaching us that tithe is from "ALL THINGS" according 2 Chro 31:5. Then WE (GOD'S PEOPLE) NEED TO GO BACK TO GOD'S FIRST INSTRUCTION ON TITHE IN ORDER TO DETERMINE "ALL" THAT GOD MEANT.

CAN SOMEBODY PULL OUT GOD'S FIRST INSTRUCTION ON TITHING FOR US SO WE KNOW "ALL THINGS" GOD'S IS TALKING ABOUT AND THAT THE PEOPLE HAD BEEN DOING BEFORE THE ACCOUNT OF 2 CHRO. 31:5. (I CANT PULL IT OUT FROM MY PHONE RIGHT NOW)

Let Abraham tithe for now, your question will get there. Okay.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 2:05pm On Apr 25, 2012
Now you said I put the word "ONLY" and you answered that God is "SOMETIMES" Specific on instructions and sometimes he is not. You gave the example saying
Image123:
i know that God means what He says. Sometimes God is specific and detailed like when He gave instructions for building of the ark, some times, He's not like when He says if your eye offend you, cut it off. It takes a relationship with God and a balanced knowledge of God's Word(the Bible) to understand God more and grow in His knowledge. Not A1 in English.

However, the whole world knows that Jesus wasn't giving INSTRUCTIONS in the verse you used as example, Jesus was teaching and making use of illustration. Okay. I take that answer from you and that leads to us to "narrow down" to tithe "specific instruction" since you have said, sometimes God is specific and sometimes He is NOt.

Q3. WHAT ARE GOD'S SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS WHEN HE INSTRUCTED TITHE?

Image123: @Goshen
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 2:11pm On Apr 25, 2012
@ Everyone,

Please, kindly help me appeal to Olaadegbu to COME ANSWER MY DIFFERENT QUESTIONS because he also asked me some questions and I answered with the "promise/deal" that he will answer my question is return. After that he said he asked me 3 questions but I only answered 2. I can't see that third question. He should ask the 3rd question again openly OR he come answer my own questions please.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 3:41pm On Apr 25, 2012
Hahaha, Gooooshen! "The whole worldddddd!" Glory be to God, i'm not part of that world. i hope nuclear would not regret putting his trust in you. So, you no really get questions, you're playing by ear?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 4:19pm On Apr 25, 2012
3 ). i'm not NOW teaching that tithe is from ALL THINGS. Tithe has ALWAYS been from ALL since forever. Ask Abraham our Father, he gave tithes of ALL(Genesis 14v20). So it's not a new thing, it precedes, seniors and surpasses Levi. Abraham gave tithes OF ALL, He's the father of faith and of ALL faithful givers. He's the one who rejoiced to SEE our day. He saw it, and oh boy, how glad He was. He would not be limited by carnal ordinances.
Jesus wasn't giving instruction? My, oh my, you're one lucky person Goshen. Kunle should not dare this. "The world" is looking and watching your fumble.
God's instruction encompasses the whole of scriptures. Look into the whole scriptures. Start from the places that speak of tithes and find out. Luke 18.12 is very significant.
"I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. " (Luke 18:12).
A man, speaking of the common practice in Jesus' days, "I give tithes OF ALL that I possess". These are the facts. Truth hurts less with time.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 4:22pm On Apr 25, 2012
Image123: Hahaha, Gooooshen! "The whole worldddddd!" Glory be to God, i'm not part of that world. i hope nuclear would not regret putting his trust in you. So, you no really get questions, you're playing by ear?

That is NOT the point my brother. You answered in you own way. I didn't rebut it. I said I took your answers as you said it even though there are flaws in your answers but I still take it as you said it. All I want is for me to ask my questions to the 10th questions. That's all.

You said Tithe is clearly from 'ALL things' as read in 2Chronicles 31v5. And asked people reading this thread go simply God back to where God FIRST instructed tithe so as to see what these "ALL THINGS" contains. If in your mind or assertion or claim according to 2Chronicles 31v5, that ALL THINGS includes money then wait till you finish the 10th questions. This your assertion that ALL THINGS may include money (as am trying to help you conclude that your ALL THINGS include money). I perceive that is where you are going but am NOT looking at that. So if your assertion is that ALL THINGS include money, then we will get there through the remaining questions.

PLEASE ANSWER Q3 PLEASE. grin
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 4:30pm On Apr 25, 2012
Where are you? Please, i already pleasssssse answered pleaseeeeee.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 4:32pm On Apr 25, 2012
ithink kunle should re-name this thread "COMFORTABLE QUESTIONS FOR TITHE GIVERS". Just suggesting guys, just suggesting, don't take it hard on yourselves.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 4:35pm On Apr 25, 2012
Image123: 3 ). i'm not NOW teaching that tithe is from ALL THINGS. Tithe has ALWAYS been from ALL since forever. Ask Abraham our Father, he gave tithes of ALL(Genesis 14v20). So it's not a new thing, it precedes, seniors and surpasses Levi. Abraham gave tithes OF ALL, He's the father of faith and of ALL faithful givers. He's the one who rejoiced to SEE our day. He saw it, and oh boy, how glad He was. He would not be limited by carnal ordinances.
Jesus wasn't giving instruction? My, oh my, you're one lucky person Goshen. Kunle should not dare this. "The world" is looking and watching your fumble.
God's instruction encompasses the whole of scriptures. Look into the whole scriptures. Start from the places that speak of tithes and find out. Luke 18.12 is very significant.
"I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. " (Luke 18:12).
A man, speaking of the common practice in Jesus' days, "I give tithes OF ALL that I possess". These are the facts. Truth hurts less with time.

Do I take this answer for Q3 that says: WHAT ARE GOD'S SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS WHEN HE INSTRUCTED TITHE?

I dont see you answer Q3 here but you are giving rebuttal. Answer Q3 as it is NOW narrowed down to SPECIFIC INSTRUCTION ON TITHE ONLY since you said God was specific in some instructions and He wasn't in some. Now we are limiting it God's specific instructions on tithing alone.

On the issue of Abraham tithe you are citing as example. I have told you many times you should hold on that we will get there soon in our questions. Again, Let it be VERY CLEAR that GOD NEVER INSTRUCTED/COMMANDED ABRAHAM TO TITHE. So let's focus on the "Specific instruction from God as regards tithing". Even if you NOW assume Abraham tithe should be taken as example, I have good news for you in what Jesus said, Before Abraham was, I Am". However, if you claim that Abraham tithe is the one to be followed, wait till i ask my question abeg,lolz grin
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 4:37pm On Apr 25, 2012
Image123: Where are you? Please, i already pleasssssse answered pleaseeeeee.

Okay. I take it as you already answered Q3. Thank you.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 4:38pm On Apr 25, 2012
Q4: Was the Levites or Levitical priesthood (who were instructed/commanded to receive tithe and in turn pay tithe to the priest) ABOLISHED or NOT?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by PastorKun(m): 5:22pm On Apr 25, 2012
Chei dis exam hot oh!

Olodo kindly note that in an exam you are not awarded marks for evading questions or obfuscating them. This is why people like you fail waec over and over again. Learn to answer specific kweshions asked instead of just running round in circles.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by nuclearboy(m): 8:58pm On Apr 25, 2012
What is happening here is amazing! But people are watching
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 9:09pm On Apr 25, 2012
Goshen360: Q4: Was the Levites or Levitical priesthood (who were instructed/commanded to receive tithe and in turn pay tithe to the priest) ABOLISHED or NOT?
The Bible does not say anywhere that the Levites were abolished.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by nuclearboy(m): 9:27pm On Apr 25, 2012
shocked

An amazing level of fraud!

I thought the question was if the levitical "priesthood" was abolished!

So how does it become if the Levites were abolished?

But we must dodge abi? And do wayo especially in the name of God? grin

We are kuku under "Grace" abi? So the belongings of the poor can be seized and used to honor ourselves!

But Christ apparently saw this and said "the will I say unto them, 'I never knew you, workers of iniquity'". Always, someone will laugh last!
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 9:28pm On Apr 25, 2012
Image123: The Bible does not say anywhere that the Levites were abolished.

grin grin grin grin I dey laugh in tongues. Wait make I help you. grin grin grin grin
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Jem1: 9:58pm On Apr 25, 2012
See drama! Please who was calling me anti-tithe angry

To be quite honest, the following are the ones who are anti-tithe, i.e., anti-Lev 27:30,32 (although they are pro-Malachi curse) and I will explain. Those who approach tithing from a MALACHI (curse, devourer) perspective should not pretend not to know MALACHI was talking about 'Lev 27:30,32'. Malachi wasn't talking of Abraham's Tithe

You are anti-tithe and not pro tithe (how can you be anti-Lev 27 Tithe and insist you are Pro-Malachi Tithe?

1. You bluntly refuse to heed the definition of tithing in Lev 27:30,32 calling those of us who draw you towards it, anti –tithe. No, we are Pro-Lev 27:30,32

2. You assume those Israelites who lived during the time of Moses and Jesus who did not have the HOLY items quoted by God as tithable are somehow inferior [/b]to those who had the tithable Holy items (even though some were successful and were not considered by God to be robbers or cursed).

3. Why would I say that? Cos [b]you pretend wage earners did not exist [/b]even though [b]Christians have more in common with them cos they earn wages[/b. You attempt to join yourself to a LAW that was not directed at them neither was it directed to YOU.

4. [b]You believe there is a deficiency, an anomaly, an inferiority in Israelite wage earners [/b]which you feel you must correct by adding the following to God’s word [b]“A tithe of everything from your INCOME belongs to the Lord; it is HOLY to the Lord. 32 Every tithe of your INCOME—every tenth INCOME that comes to you as salary is HOLY to the Lord.”

5. Moses/Malachi could have written the new additional verse above for Israelites like Jesus who were carpenters, wage earners etc but even Moses refused to; Malachi refused and Jesus refused to add to God’s word speaking instead of’ Mint and Cumin’ which are food crops.

6. You sirs, and some pastors attempt to sneak MALACHI in as a curse and use the ADDITIONAL QUOTE ABOVE, a quote made by MAN and attempt to say 21st Century Christians are therefore CURSED AND A DEVOURER WILL COME AFTER THEM if they DO NOT GIVE PASTORS the new and additional HOLY TITHABLE ITEMS NOW BAPTISED and re-named’ INCOME’ by pastors.

7. Even Jesus did not do that!

8. Is it an attempt to steady the ‘ark’ [/b]because you perceive it is about to fall? Is the ark a deficiency, an anomaly, an inferiority? Are you attempting to correct the anomaly/deficiency/inferiority (in WAGE EARNERS e.g. carpenters/21st Century Chrisitians) you perceive in those groups? (see item 4)

9. [b]Are you Uzzah
? 2 Sam 6:6

10. Stand fast in the liberty you are called to, if the word of Moses concerning Tithes was good enough for Jesus, it should be good enough for you.

11. If you want to teach giving 10% of income, do not by sleight of hand, pretend you are keeping an OLD TESTAMENT LAW IN MALACHI to PROTECT YOU FROM CURSES or to CALL UP A BLESSING.

12. Do not teach your followers to live in FEAR trusting instead in the arm of flesh; trusting instead in their 10% to protect them from accidents and problems etc;

13. Israelite Carpenters like Jesus and fishermen like the apostles did NOT NEED THE 10% to protect them from curses, God gave them the liberty to NOT TITHE (Lev 27:30,32)

p.s. Abraham’s tithe did not come up with a curse neither was it a pre-requisite for his blessing (he was already blessed). ABRAHAM’s TITHE & MALACHI’s TITHE cannot marry lol, they are 2 parallel lines that cannot meet, YOU cannot lace Abraham's Tithe with Malachi curses and serve it as soup to 21st Century Christians to keep them in bondage abi you be winsh??

(not trying to derail the thread, no vex pls)

1 Like

Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 10:45pm On Apr 25, 2012
nuclearboy: shocked

We are kuku under "Grace" abi? So the belongings of the poor can be seized and used to honor ourselves!

But Christ apparently saw this and said "the will I say unto them, 'I never knew you, workers of iniquity'". Always, someone will laugh last!
Goshen360: Q4: Was the Levites or Levitical priesthood (who were instructed/commanded to receive tithe and in turn pay tithe to the priest) ABOLISHED or NOT?
You should question the ambiguity of the question, not me. When i gave a detailed answer, your boys complained that I was going round and giving a rebuttal. Now, it's short, na still complain. i already knew that whatever answer i give, you guys were ready to pull out the injured-pity card. If i don't quote Bible verse literally, you'll say answer is not biblical, if i put Bible verse, you'll pull out the twist card. There should be a difference in 'playing' and seriousness. You guys are not ready to learn, next question?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 10:50pm On Apr 25, 2012

And this is Image123's reply:

Image123:
The Bible does not say anywhere that the Levites were abolished.

Here are DIFFERENT TRANSLATIONS TO SHOW THAT THE LEVITES AND AARON PRIESTHOOD HAD BEEN ABOLISHED

Hebrews 7:11-12

If therefore perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron? For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Now if perfection (a perfect fellowship between God and the worshiper) had been attainable by the Levitical priesthood--for under it the people were given the Law--why was it further necessary that there should arise another and different kind of Priest, one after the order of Melchizedek, rather than one appointed after the order and rank of Aaron? For when there is a change in the priesthood, there is of necessity an alteration of the law [concerning the priesthood] as well.

So if perfection came through the levitical office of priest (for the people received the Law under the priests), why was there still a need to speak about raising up another priest according to the order of Melchizedek rather than one according to the order of Aaron? When the order of the priest changes, there has to be a change in the Law as well.

If indeed then perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, for the people had their law given to them in connexion with *it*, what need [was there] still that a different priest should arise according to the order of Melchisedec, and not be named after the order of Aaron? For, the priesthood being changed, there takes place of necessity a change of law also.

The people were given the law under the system of priests from the tribe of Levi. [size=15pt]But[/size] [size=15pt]no one could be made spiritually perfect through that system of priests.[/size] So there was a need for another priest to come. I mean a priest like Melchizedek, not Aaron. [size=15pt]And when a different kind of priest comes, then the law must be changed too.[/size]

The people established the Levitical priesthood based on instructions they received. If the work of the Levitical priests had been perfect, we wouldn’t need to speak about another kind of priest. However, we speak about another kind of priest, a priest like Melchizedek, not a Levitical priest like Aaron. [size=15pt]When a different kind of priesthood is established, the regulations for those priests are different.[/size]

It was on the basis of the levitical priesthood that the Law was given to the people of Israel. Now, if the work of the levitical priests had been perfect, there would have been no need for a different kind of priest to appear, one who is in the priestly order of Melchizedek,[a] not of Aaron.12 For when the priesthood is changed, there also has to be a change in the law.

If the priesthood of Levi and Aaron, which provided the framework for the giving of the law, could really make people perfect, there wouldn't have been need for a new priesthood like that of Melchizedek. But since it didn't get the job done, there was a change of priesthood, which brought with it a radical new kind of law. There is no way of understanding this in terms of the old Levitical priesthood, which is why there is nothing in Jesus' family tree connecting him with that priestly line.

Now if perfection was through the Levitical priesthood (for on the basis of it the people received the Law), what further need was there for another priest to arise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be designated according to the order of Aaron? For when the priesthood is changed, of necessity there takes place a change of law also.

The people were given the law concerning the system of priests from the tribe of Levi, but they could not be made perfect through that system. So there was a need for another priest to come, a priest like Melchizedek, not Aaron. And when a different kind of priest comes, the law must be changed too.

Suppose the Levites who were priests could have made people perfect. The law was given to the people so they could become perfect through the priests. Then why was there still a need for another priest to come? And why did he need to be like Melchizedek? Why wasn't he from Aaron's family line? A change of priests requires a change of law.

The Law was given during the time when Levi and his sons were the religious leaders. If the work of those religious leaders had been perfect in taking away the sins of the people, there would have been no need for another religious leader. But one like Melchizedek was needed and not one from the family group of Aaron. 12 For when the family group of religious leaders changed, the Law had to be changed also.

It was while the sons of Levi were priests that the law was made for the people. If those priests were good enough, why would another priest need to come who was like Melchizedek? Why would he not be like Aaron? If the kind of priest is changed, then the law must be changed also.

Now, Prophetic-Apostle Image123,

You are before God's people and the whole world. We "assume" you don't know that the levitical priesthood was abolished when you said the Bible does not say ANYWHERE that it was abolished. Hebrews 7:11-12 IS VERY CLEAR. Will you please answer Q4 now? You said, "The Bible does not say anywhere that the Levites were abolished" and I have just given you places where the Bible says the Levites/Levitical priesthood (who were instructed/commanded to receive tithe and in turn pay tithe to the priest) HAD BEEN ABOLISHED OR CHANGED.

NOW BACK TO Q4: Was the Levites or Levitical priesthood (who were instructed/commanded to receive tithe and in turn pay tithe to the priest) ABOLISHED or NOT?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 10:53pm On Apr 25, 2012
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 10:55pm On Apr 25, 2012
@ Jem1,

No worry. Just leave Image123 to answer my questions. All things (Abraham tithe or levitical tithe) will be taken care of in my questions. Just siddon dey look. We still dey Q4. Am waiting for Image123 to now answer the question Q4.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 10:57pm On Apr 25, 2012
nuclearboy: shocked

You should question the ambiguity of the question, not me. When i gave a detailed answer, your boys complained that I was going round and giving a rebuttal. Now, it's short, na still complain. i already knew that whatever answer i give, you guys were ready to pull out the injured-pity card. If i don't quote Bible verse literally, you'll say answer is not biblical, if i put Bible verse, you'll pull out the twist card. There should be a difference in 'playing' and seriousness. You guys are not ready to learn, next question?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 11:12pm On Apr 25, 2012
@ Image123,

Please stop playing games. This is serious as you said. The question says, "levites or levitical priesthood". It's the same thing. Levites functioned under the "levitical" priesthood. It's NOT tribe of Judah that functioned under or as levitical priesthood,it's the Levi and ALL the different version I quote proved that. Your answer was that the bible does not say it was abolished and I helped you quote different versions to show it was abolished.

So please answer Q4 now AFTER I showed you where the bible said it was abolished. Thank you.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 11:57pm On Apr 25, 2012
@Jem1
i almost forgot to chip in that your vex against any passage of scripture(in this case Malachi 3) is uncalled for. i don't recall even making a reference to that passage, or perhaps your post wasn't addressed to me?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 12:00am On Apr 26, 2012
Goshen360: @ Image123,

Please stop playing games. This is serious as you said. The question says, "levites or levitical priesthood". It's the same thing. Levites functioned under the "levitical" priesthood. It's NOT tribe of Judah that functioned under or as levitical priesthood,it's the Levi and ALL the different version I quote proved that. Your answer was that the bible does not say it was abolished and I helped you quote different versions to show it was abolished.

So please answer Q4 now AFTER I showed you where the bible said it was abolished. Thank you.
What i have written, i have written. My answer remains the same as far as your question also remains the same. i don't have to say it again but i would, next question.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by nuclearboy(m): 7:13am On Apr 26, 2012
Image123:

Everyone is asking questions and since I answered yours, let me ask some too that will aid viewers understand what is happening here

What do you do for a living?

Are you a pastor or aspiring pastor?

Is tithe(s) your primary (or secondary) source of income?

Why are you lying and refusing to answer simple questions directly IF INDEED you truly believe your position is right?

Is it righteous or holy to avoid honesty and dance about issues? which of Jesus or His Apostles behaved like this?

Only 5 questions but readers will see through you!
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by PastorKun(m): 7:23am On Apr 26, 2012
Image123:
What i have written, i have written. My answer remains the same as far as your question also remains the same. i don't have to say it again but i would, next question.

Evidently apostle image realises that answering your question biblically would make acknowledge that the Levitical priesthood and the tithing system that supports it as been abolished. Unfortunately he is not honourable enough to admit when he is wrong hence he evades the quuestion with a bland statement.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (31) (Reply)

Police Rent Out Station To Church For Service In Lagos (pic) / Joyous Man Dances Uncontrollably In Church (Photo, Video) / How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.