Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot (12461 Views)

Presidency Denies Placing Tinubu Under Security Watch / Tinubu Under Security Watch Over Alleged Plot Against Buhari / Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by erniok(m): 11:14am On Apr 14, 2012
Ok.I understand what you are saying but we shouldn't keep quiet because this is how it all starts till we get to the bombing stage
Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by Tifany: 11:25am On Apr 14, 2012
We may b blind 2 d reality on ground bt 4 M̶̲̥̅Ƹ iff 1 or 2 of dese reports is/are G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡D̶̲̥̅ ass true den more drastic measures shld b taken oda dan dz 24hrs surveillance.its high time we nip dese muslim fanatics and deir nefarous activities in d bud. A stitch in time saves nine
Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by chino4(m): 11:25am On Apr 14, 2012
If trully d allegations are true,I think he should be arrested on charges of treasonable felony,and a state of emergency be declared.These Governor never learn.If only I were the president walai such cannot happen.
Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by mytime0232: 11:32am On Apr 14, 2012
Aregbeshola should be allowed to leave his life as he has his life and properties to protect.Maybe he has lost hope in the Nigerian security operatives
Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by erniok(m): 11:51am On Apr 14, 2012
mytime0232: Aregbeshola should be allowed to leave his life as he has his life and properties to protect.Maybe he has lost hope in the Nigerian security operatives
losing hope in the sovereign state Nigeria doesn't mean he should discard all the National paraphernalia. This to me is a treasonable offense if u ask me.
Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by edicolove: 12:00pm On Apr 14, 2012
This was how Yerima started in Zamfara and some people said we should leave him alone. Some peeps here are supporting him because he is ACN and Yoruba. Funny thing they don't realise is that the south west is almost evenly split between CHristians and Muslims. So the fight will be more of an internal one than external. Those who know about the south west politics know there is a subtle religious undertone to it. So far, it hasn't led to any crisis but the activities of people like Aregbesola is trheathening that peace. Whether the report uses the term seccesion is not relevant. The allegations are grave and should not be handled with kids glove.

Any governor that promotes another anthem other than the national anthem is playing a very dangerous game. Its either he is so s.t.u.p.I.d or he has an agenda!

1 Like

Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by Baawaa(m): 12:05pm On Apr 14, 2012
Everything bounce back to weakness of GEJ
Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by 2rutalk1: 12:09pm On Apr 14, 2012
The FG should put serious surveillance on this man. There is nothing a yoruba man cannot do. They are the most dangerous people on earth. They are worst than a Carmeloen. Jail him if found guilty of contravening the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The law is supreme and is no respecter of any man.
Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by Ayatullah(m): 12:09pm On Apr 14, 2012
EVERYTHING ISLAMIC IS ALWAYS A THREAT YET CHRISTIANITY CLOAKED IN THE GARB OF THE CORRUPT WESTERN CIVILIZATION HAS ONLY BROUGHT DESTRUCTION TO THE SOCIETY. LEAVE AREGBESOLA THE BRILLIANT ENGINEER ALONE.

1 Like

Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 14, 2012
I'm residing in Iwo and I think is high time the excessess of Tawunu group is checked but, a fight broke out between them and masqurades some years ago which led to the death of some people and destruction of properties, I'm not sure whether the Gov supports them, this group are spreading so fast just like BH. On the other hand the country's coat of arm and flag has been replaced with the state's own in all public offices including some banks and it's an offence as a civil servant in the state not to know the state's anthem, but it's a lie that the national anthem is not been recited again they recite both side by side.
Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by Dsage1: 12:22pm On Apr 14, 2012
FG or GEJ should please leaves this man alone,how can Osun State seceded from SW Nigeria without any satelite map.The anthem adopted by the Osun state govt is not to replace our national one but to make the state look more important to her citizens,as well as to other Nigerians.

I was in Osun few weaks ago&will advise you people that,before making any further comments concerning replacement of national anthem issues,to please visit Osun-state first.In the state Assemble,govt house,ministries,schools,local govt etc,the national anthem usually came before or after the state one.So,Aregbesola as claimed by FG did not replaced our national anthem in favour of the state anthem.

Pdp should please leave SW at least for now and face the issue of Boko Haram threaten the unity of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by Supergwin(m): 12:28pm On Apr 14, 2012
*security report* toh badt... No be only sun see am... •̸Ϟε̲̣ sef see d report, 4 inside d report, GEJ dey rub hin belle, buhari dey pout n aregbesola dey fan em... "Confused people" tryin 2 confuse emselves not we on NL.. cheesy
Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by Supergwin(m): 12:33pm On Apr 14, 2012
salaksmana: I'm residing in Iwo and I think is high time the excessess of Tawunu group is checked but, a fight broke out between them and masqurades some years ago which led to the death of some people and destruction of properties, I'm not sure whether the Gov supports them, this group are spreading so fast just like BH. On the other hand the country's coat of arm and flag has been replaced with the state's own in all public offices including some banks and it's an offence as a civil servant in the state not to know the state's anthem, but it's a lie that the national anthem is not been recited again they recite both side by side.

I hope dat it all dosnt blow outta proportion..
Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by iykak47: 12:59pm On Apr 14, 2012
Immunity or no immunity that guy should be arrested and locked up in Abakaliki prison for attempting to cause religious conflict.
Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by Demdem(m): 1:10pm On Apr 14, 2012
Boko party, pdp claims that aregberascal has replaced the national anthem however in reality, it isn't so. Instead an additional anthem is being introduced. The same goes to the coat of arms. I wonder how osun state will be able to secede? The originators, proponents of this security report are really daft. No wonder they seems not to Av any headway in curtailing the boko haram menace.
Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by CuteTj(m): 1:30pm On Apr 14, 2012
Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by CuteTj(m): 1:30pm On Apr 14, 2012
Aregbesola seems to be hitting FG & PDP in the b.a.l.l.s and other vital areas so well, that is why they have cooked up this so called Intelligence and Security Report. I don't know how they came about this Osun State secession plan but can Osun State alone secede from SW not to talk of Nigeria? Aregbesola is far too intelligent to create an army (TA'AWUN) to terrorise his people both Muslim and Christian because if he does that, he knows that there won't be a place for him in SW anymore. Though i personally think that the activities of the so called TA'AWUN should be put under surveillance so as to forestall terrorism of any form in the future. That said, I believe this is just a ploy by FG and PDP to discredit this man and destabilize the SW ahead of 2015 because he has been a thorn in their flesh. This PDP is desperate o.. but notwithstanding, Nothing for them!
Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by bakila: 1:35pm On Apr 14, 2012
chino11: This is another clueless, clownish yoreoba rulers doing what he knows best.

My niece was post to Oshun state for nycs she confessed that the cluelessness of the govt in the state, I had to work it to get her relocation immediately. It is a state that is breeding ground for boko harams. cool

As for me secession of yorubaland will ever be the best thing that will happen to Nigeria and GEJ knows this. I think we should drink to this. grin

Long leg man
Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by AustineE1: 1:38pm On Apr 14, 2012
The real picture of south west is begining to be clear! first it was Tunde Bakare,calling for regime change,then comes the entire ACN govs.taking the fuel subsidy demonstratn to another level capable of undermining the FG.However,it is interesting to note that watever goes around comes around!the systematic evil alliance by south west politicians with core north politicians in an effort to run down a regime,whose only crime is that is been headed by a minority christain tribe!but i ve a bad news for south-west,if and however religious extremism is introduced in S-west,they will be worst for it,infact i predict the end of south west cos the both religions are divided on a 50/50 basis,which means brothers against each other.As for me & my people,we go sit don dey look & dey laugh!
Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by homerac7: 1:38pm On Apr 14, 2012
i have long concluded that most commenters on NL are not smarter that ordinary motor pack touts. its always a rush of how to outdo the earlier deranged commenters on tribal and religious prejudice.

I have also concluded that most "Christians" here are worse off that the Muslim extremists the daily come here to flagellate. its always a lookout for most subtle chance to bash the "other" people for not sharing your "christianity" or tribal origin. just same crime they accuse the other side of- everybody is just damn hypocrite!

Why should anybody label Aregbesola, based on this rubbish concoction of a security report, that he's an extremist? do u realize u have just impugned on his freedom to worship and associate just as u try to protect urs? DO u have any evidence that he's plotting anything criminal with the group? so he should stop being a muslim because u, a christian, is uncomfortable with muslims, isnt it? Bloody hypocrites! how would u feel if a muslim expresses same sentiments against u and a group u belong to? they will be called boko haram, ba? yet, what r u when u r caught in same web? foolish bigots!

Is Nigeria still a federal state? Do u know the powers a state entity is capable of exercising? way bach in mis 80's when i started pry school in Ogun state, i learnt d state anthem before the national anthem, guess who d military governor was...Colonel Oladayo Popoola, followed by Col. Oladipo Diya. yes,...same Lt Gen Diya u know well. Guess those soldiers were secessionists then too, abi?

Oh! u dont know that Most lagos state government property carry the state emblem and colour abi? show me one that had green-white-green on it, just one! guess lagos and Ogun too hav long seceded, ba?

can any o\f u hyperventilating here show me just one part of constitution that he's broken b expanding his state institution appendages? yet u all are quick to label him all sort of names whereas the joke is on ur ignorant butts.

foolish unlearned and bigoted souls!

2 Likes

Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by bakila: 1:40pm On Apr 14, 2012
chino4: If trully d allegations are true,I think he should be arrested on charges of treasonable felony,and a state of emergency be declared.These Governor never learn.If only I were the president walai such cannot happen.

2015 bring out your posters. When you win you start with Uwazurieke.
Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by abacus(m): 1:44pm On Apr 14, 2012
Beaf: Deep down, I think Aregbesola has only been caught out by his foolish politics. Osun doesn't have the resource base to secede.

The man has foolishly been going round with tawun carring unknown flags before him, not just that, but playing an unknown anthem in place of the Nigerian one; even at official functions that demand decorum and gravity. I have been saying that the man is mad, but it might be something else.

Beaf, can you provide evidence to all these allegations? \

See what is this country turning to? A story started by a nincompoop Segun Oni, acted upon by nincompoop Gen. Andrew Azazi (a whole general of Nigeria Army) and Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. O.A Ihejirika (another nincompoop). Then a certain nincompoop Beaf can now run his mouth on the same story? Sorry Sorry ooooo... Sorry for Nigeria. You people should leave Aregbe and his OSUN alone and focus on MEND, BOKO HARAM and CORRUPTION.
Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by joeyfire(m): 1:52pm On Apr 14, 2012
If Aregbesola really calls osun state, "the state of osun", replaced the coat of arms with his own, has his own militia trying to take over the duties of law enforcement among other stuff then people should kindly lay partisan politics aside. The man is setting the most dangerous precedent since the sharia issue that started in zamfara
Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by CuteTj(m): 1:54pm On Apr 14, 2012
Austine.E:
The real picture of south west is begining to be clear! first it was Tunde Bakare,calling for regime change,then comes the entire ACN govs.taking the fuel subsidy demonstratn to another level capable of undermining the FG.However,it is interesting to note that watever goes around comes around!the systematic evil alliance by south west politicians with core north politicians in an effort to run down a regime,whose only crime is that is been headed by a minority christain tribe!but i ve a bad news for south-west,if and however religious extremism is introduced in S-west,they will be worst for it,infact i predict the end of south west cos the both religions are divided on a 50/50 basis,which means brothers against each other.As for me & my people,we go sit don dey look & dey laugh!
i don't think the grudge is between ACN and the minority group that produced the President but its a war between the opposition( ACN, Tunde Bakare) and PDP. Unfortunately, because the President is PDP, any attack on the PDP also hits him. Stop taking every attack on the President as an attack on his tribe. The SW is too enlightned to engage in Religious extremism so it can't happen in the SW unlike the North. The On Muslim and Christian day celebrations, they both felicitate between themselves and eat with each other. As for you and your people waiting for religious extremism and then war in SW, im sorry but you will have to wait till eternity. You better change that your strategy because it won't work.
Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by bakila: 1:59pm On Apr 14, 2012
2ru-talk:
The FG should put serious surveillance on this man. There is nothing a yoruba man cannot do. They are the most dangerous people on earth. They are worst than a Carmeloen. Jail him if found guilty of contravening the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The law is supreme and is no respecter of any man.

I thought your people are the ones that wanted secession and your self accialmed Eze Nairaland will be happy for that.
@ Op Aregbesola should tame his defiance of the Presidency in the interest of everybody. We know the Federal Goverment has rolled out one mistake after another.
We need news also on corruption reduction and eradication, very genuine ones. If citizens are not in despiar due to a curropt system they will not cling to every thing divisive.
Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by Ganys: 2:16pm On Apr 14, 2012
When Aregbe declared FREE TRAIN SERVICE FROM LAGOS TO OSOGBO FOR EASTER HOLIDAY, He was praised by all here. No one called him Islamic Fanatic here,Now...within weeks, he is a fanatic.Chritains with their hypocricy...
Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by bakila: 2:17pm On Apr 14, 2012
Austine.E:

Sins of this Govt:
Increase in Pump price of petrol and eating the difference.
Embezzling the difference in AGO Subsidy.
Having in it midst and officials terrorist of different nomenclature from east south west to north.
Being broke because of a lack of direction and prudent handling of money in excess of its projected income.
Infact for allowing the kind of mind blowing emblezzlment at the Pension department the goverment deserve more insult. A SOLDIER UNDER THE COMMAND OF THE PRESIDENT and COAS IHEJIRIEKE IS EXTORT N20 as I respond.
Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by Myself2(m): 2:22pm On Apr 14, 2012
Aregbe-who?is that the name of the latest herbal medicine from Dr Ayeni?
Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by Kolababa: 2:51pm On Apr 14, 2012
This is PDP Politics. Every Muslim belongs to one Islamic Group or the other like NASFAT, QAREEB, Ansarudeen etc. Aregbesola got a security report that that he was marked for elimination for PDP to capture Osun. Mind you, Omisore is eyeing Osun Governorship seat in 2015. So, Aregbesola does not want Bola Ige treatment to be meted on him when all the security aids went to eat in quote and the assasin came in kill Bola Ige. So he employed private security guard for himself from his Islamic group. I dont see any problem of PDP with that. As for the Anthem, the anthem they are complaining about is Osun State Anthem which is allowed under true federalism.
Instead of PDP to address the current security Challenges in the country, they are trying to play politics with the unfortunate trend to get public sympathy. Afterall they used shoelessness to win election in 2011.
Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by banky1987(m): 3:00pm On Apr 14, 2012
I'm sad at the way we politicise issues in this country, this is a security issue and which must be taken care of by the securities. No amount of media propaganda can stop do us any good. I have known Aregbesola to be an extrimist since the day of his campaign but out of desperation people prefer to vote for him against Oyinlola of PDP.... Aregbesola's state of health has been demanded for timed without number those who are close to him said he has a brain touch and other said his a cancer patient but he won't help the matter by disclosing his state of health.so I guess there is an atom of truth that he has brain touch
... Let us all sit down and allow security operatives to do there work and I can tell you tht truly some muslims have been sent to cuba which the governor claim tht they are labor leaders. Just go to Osun and see most of this allegations are everywhere on the street for you to see.
Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 14, 2012
Austine.E:

Wrong mate, we are Yoruba first before Christian/Muslim. So there would always be peaceful co existence between people of both religion.
Re: FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 14, 2012
Kolababa: This is PDP Politics. Every Muslim belongs to one Islamic Group or the other like NASFAT, QAREEB, Ansarudeen etc. Aregbesola got a security report that that he was marked for elimination for PDP to capture Osun. Mind you, Omisore is eyeing Osun Governorship seat in 2015. So, Aregbesola does not want Bola Ige treatment to be meted on him when all the security aids went to eat in quote and the assasin came in kill Bola Ige. So he employed private security guard for himself from his Islamic group. I dont see any problem of PDP with that. As for the Anthem, the anthem they are complaining about is Osun State Anthem which is allowed under true federalism.
Instead of PDP to address the current security Challenges in the country, they are trying to play politics with the unfortunate trend to get public sympathy. Afterall they used shoelessness to win election in 2011.

Abeg leave Bola Ige out of it, was it Omisore that killed Dipo Dina too?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? / Flush Out Lazy Soldiers - Buratai Charges Commanders / Osinbajo Presides Over FEC Meeting, Offers One Minute Silence For Mama Taraba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.