Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,932 members, 7,863,295 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:43 PM

Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? (59632 Views)

First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months / Can A City Be Commercial And Serene In Nigeria? / First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 2:35pm On Apr 26, 2013
@All4Naija

SOUTH AFRICANS AREN'T STRIVING TO LIVE IN SPACES THAT LOOK LIKE DESERT COUNTRY CALLED DUBAI. WE LIVE IN A COUNTRY THATS BLESSED WITH ITS NATURAL BEAUTY, SURROUNDED BY THE INDIAN AND ATLANTIC OCEAN UNLIKE NIGERIA. Have a long SHORELINE THAT STREACHES FROM MOZAMBIQUE TO NAMIBIA. If we wanna create our own HEAVEN WE STILL HAVE SPACE TO PLAY ON, we can do this thanx to our MINERAL WEALTH,new finding OIL AND BOOMING TOURISMgrin grin grin grin grin grin

FUTURE CAPE TOWN BLOGGS
BY BRETT PEZTER OF FUTURE ARCHITECTS.
The city of Dubai, then, continues to build up and out on a coastal desert, without assimilating any of the immigrant human capital that currently keeps it going. This article is a series of notes from an environmental, social, urban and carbon disaster that, at the same time, functions mostly as it was intended to and that is making its proprietors and its oligarchy both rich and influential in the real world.

Dubai, seen from space (or from the Burj al-Khalifa, which is nearly the same), reveals itself as an obviously planned city – one free of accidental junctures and awkward residual space. An easily legible logic of roads, highways and the two-line monorail Metro connect an archipelago of plug-and-play industrial clusters (with names like Media City or Internet City), office and retail space, and residential zones, all of which are rather strictly segregated by income level.

Nor are the lack of pavements – and the difficulty of walking anywhere – accidents. Most urbanists from the last forty years – including anyone from Jane Jacobs to Michel de Certeau – agree that a city is made or broken by the quality of the casual everyday walker’s experience.

The casual walker either sees a theatre of the street – in which different classes and occupations jostle for space in the common realm of the pavement, which is where much of life is lived out – or she sees what the Dubai Marina offers: a line of cliff-faces with balconies on them, clustered around a fake body of water, the street an exclusively utilitarian space filled with bins and waiting taxicabs.

The casual walker, experiencing a city street in Mumbai or Bogotá or Manila, might wish sometimes that it these places were as uncrowded or as rigidly kept as Dubai, but that would be a fleeting wish, because these cities are an honest window into the societies that make them, and, despite the varying degrees to which they empower their denizens, they all offer the basic premise of citizenship: enrich this country, and it becomes yours.

No one likes a paragraph that beings with the name of a theorist, but when I stepped out of my family apartment on the Dubai Marina – a space where expats are carefully corralled – a name half-remembered from architectural history hove into view: Michel de Certeau, a thinker of the everyday and of informal, underplanned spaces into which real life expands. These unmanaged spaces are where the leftover city reveals itself – think especially of the people who sleep under the unfinished Foreshore highway in Cape Town.

Looking at Dubai, I saw almost no leftover spaces over an extraordinarily large area, because the city is totally and defensively planned. The obvious question is: why isn’t Dubai better, then?

It is one thing for a newly-rich democracy to sprawl over a harsh landscape. Democracies excel at giving their citizens a deep sense of investment in, and entitlement to, the national future. Yet one need only watch the USA try to regulate guns or face its own debt to see that democracies are also a bad match for collective, decisive action to evade a collective threat.

Democracies are also bad at providing infrastructure and basic resources like water and electricity in the cheapest, most rational way, because of the complexity and expense of bringing thousands of actors (property owners, NIMBYs) round to a single vision. The strange thing about Dubai is that is has all the weakness of a democracy, without any of its strengths.

Dubai and the UAE, as rich states run by seven families empowered to build a blank-slate, blank-cheque state for millions of people to a single blueprint, did what few could expect of a monarchy: they bet against themselves and against nature. They chose sprawling developments and highways and vanity projects from the 1970s Christmas wishlist of Western cities.

In a horrible parody of the imminent disappearance of the Maldives, Venice and New Orleans, they dredged 33m cubic metres of sand from the coral and marine ecosystems to put new islands – The World – into the sea. They consumed nine times as much petrol per day as South Africans, and half as much again as Americans (CIA World Factbook, 2012) and lead the world in water consumption.

The naturally-cooled desert skyscrapers of Shibam, Yemen date from the 16th century. Image: Skyscraper City

They are building proudly backwards skyscrapers to environmental standards already thirty years out of date when they open their doors, whereas nearby Yemen had perfected self-cooling desert high-rises in the 1500′s. The city’s physical form has married it forever to cheap desalinisation, cheap air travel (how else would you reach Dubai?), cheap and abundant petroleum and cheap foreign labour. If any of these were to fail, so would the city.

The crux of the matter is that Dubai has bet against nature, and it has bet against politics. Instead of welcoming in immigrants and giving them a stake in its success, Dubai has kept immigrants immigrants. Instead of building a Hong Kong – a beacon of private property and due process into which the suppressed entrepreneurial genius of mainland China could thrive – Dubai has chosen to emulate Las Vegas, betting that visionary architects would bring us all around to the idea that it was a new way of thinking the city.

And yet, Dubai is very old-fashioned, for all its modernity. The theorists John Logan and Harvey Molotch offer a “social typology of place entrepreneurs” that is as useful in thinking about Dubai as it is applied to Cape Town. For them, there are three types of place entrepreneurs, or “people directly involved in the exchange of places and the collection of rents.

Serendipitous entrepreneurs are the ones who happen to own property that happens to be valuable to others, like early Johannesburg land speculators.

Active entrepreneurs seek out properties that they believe will have changing use values that will benefit them in future, like Chinese investors in African agricultural land.

Structural entrepreneurs believe themselves capable of altering the city to maximise the value of the spaces they own. Thinking about this briefly, it seems clear that the older and the more established a city, the harder it is for *structural entrepreneurs *to act: changing the place-value of land in London, for example, is impossible for all but the richest, most well-connected entities. Londoners are simply too aware, too numerous, too vociferous, too NIMBYist, too expensive to move for much to get past them. In Dubai, however, it seems no exaggeration to say that a considerable percentage of the entire Emirati elite consider themselves structural entrepreneurs, richesse oblige.

Building a Hansa city is risky: give people all sorts of rights and they will surprise you with their own energies and self-expression. Dubai’s paternalist rules are building a physical city that we cannot ignore – that is literally imprinted on the planet from space – underneath a set of institutions and customs and attitudes (deportment of the bankrupt, repatriation of the jobless, petromonarchy) that we are enthusiastic to forget.

Middle East Urbanism week shares insights and perspectives during Brett Petzer’s tour of the Middle East – specifically the Levant and the Arabian Gulf.

From Petro Urbanism to the Arab Spring and more.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 2:46pm On Apr 26, 2013
@All4Naija

I have alot of 3D renders of happening projects but unfortunately I won't be trapped in your world.

Keep doing this

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1462859
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 2:53pm On Apr 26, 2013
@All4Naija

I WILL REPEAT AGAIN THAT ALL SOUTH AFRICANS WILL NEVER COME TO NIGERIA EVEN IF U SENT AN INVITE.

Let me break it down again from all races in our RAINBOW NATION.

Blacks will rather visit BANTULANDS(Cameroon,Equitorial Guinea,Gabon,2 Congos, Kenya,Tanzania,Malwi,Mozambique,Namibia,Botswana,Zim etc..)than the SHIT HOLE NIGERIA. PLEASE SINK THAT INTO THAT PEANUT HEAD MONKEY.

While whites and Asians might do the same or visit EUROPEA, MIDDLE EAST AND ASIA for obvious reasons.

Ha ha LAND OF 419ERS NOPE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 2:55pm On Apr 26, 2013
@All4Naija
I forgot to again that u MONKEYS STINK AND WE AINT USED TO OVERCROWDING[/b][b][b][/b]. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 2:57pm On Apr 26, 2013
All4Naija

UMHLANGA, DURBAN,CAPE TOWN,WILD COAST,WEST COAST etc..NO TO MONKEYLAND THANK U
. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked[b]WE DONT WANT BUSH MEAT PLEASE[/b] grin grin grin grin grin

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fa/UmhlangaKZN-Aerial.jpg/1280px-UmhlangaKZN-Aerial.jpg
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 3:00pm On Apr 26, 2013
All4Naija

UMHLANGA, DURBAN,CAPE TOWN,WILD COAST,WEST COAST etc..FOR HOLIDAYS SAID WE HAVE A LONG STREACH OF THE INDIAN AND ATLANTIC OCEAN DAMMIT, NO TO MONKEYLAND THANK U. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked[b]WE DONT WANT BUSH MEAT PLEASE.[/b][b] grin grin grin grin

CAN SOMEONE THROW SOME BANANAS HERE FOR ME I WANNA FEED MY MONKEY. grin grin grin grin grin

UMHLANGA

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fa/UmhlangaKZN-Aerial.jpg/1280px-UmhlangaKZN-Aerial.jpg
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 3:01pm On Apr 26, 2013
@All4Naija
MY CIRCUS MONKEY GUEST WHAT ITS THE 25TH TODAY WE GOT PAID AND ITS FRIDAY. CAN I BUY U A BOX OF BANANASgrin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 3:05pm On Apr 26, 2013
@All4Naija
SPOT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN U PEOPLE AND YOUR BROTHERS grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/914906/gej-hand-over-igbo-ezeife/2
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 26, 2013
AwodwaGyanOniwe: All4Naija

UMHLANGA, DURBAN,CAPE TOWN,WILD COAST,WEST COAST etc..NO TO MONKEYLAND THANK U
. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked[b]WE DONT WANT BUSH MEAT PLEASE[/b] grin grin grin grin grin

You have forgotten that it is your tribe that wear Leopard skin. Hehehe... Okay Zulu master. Keep coming here to make things look as though they are not.

Zulu master! Hehehe....
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by manny4life(m): 9:59pm On Apr 26, 2013
For all of you arguing, @all4naija, e don do... haba, abeg chill jor and leave the dude alone

Btw, I've been vindicated, where's that @andrewza, abi what's his name, who keeps claiming that 90% of Nigeria's earning is from oil. Abeg, visit that thread. Naija has a long way ahead, slowly but surely, we're getting there.

https://www.nairaland.com/1270875/nigeria-saves-4.2trn-manufactured-goods
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 26, 2013
manny4life: For all of you arguing, @all4naija, e don do... haba, abeg chill jor and leave the dude alone

Btw, I've been vindicated, where's that @andrewza, abi what's his name, who keeps claiming that 90% of Nigeria's earning is from oil. Abeg, visit that thread. Naija has a long way ahead, slowly but surely, we're getting there.

I will check it up soon! I am having my fun for argument sake. There is nothing wrong. I just feel like arguing with the guy.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 26, 2013
ba7man: To the S.A guy with the long weird name. We are currently trying to rebuild our Nation, Nigeria after decades of misrule so we tend to celebrate every brick laid. True, the world knows S.A is a highly developed country but i still remember vividly the periods your parents spent under Apatheid so i witnessed your history too. Now you come out and talk as if you had a hand in the development of S.A, menwhile it was in my presence that they let out the Black population from the fenced comunities they were confined in. Thank your stars and Mandela for giving you access to the Modern day S.A and stop condeming those trying to build theirs from scratch. We all know that country would be different if it wasn't for the White population.
i'm really amused by this idea that unlike south africa, other african countries are now developing their infrastructure all by themselves, when it's foreigners who are building infrastructure project all throughout Africa and the middle east. what is even funny is that the labourers are sometimes foreigners., all the project built by the Chinese use Chinese labour. all the rich gulf states' infrastructure are designed by foreigners even the labour is foreign. All the infrastructure projects in nigeria uses foreign architectures and engineer, nigerians are only labourers. Blacks under apartheid were far better of Than 90% of nigerians today, Nigeria is wores than apartheid. FACT.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 26, 2013
zetdee:
i'm really amused by this idea that unlike south africa, other african countries are now developing their infrastructure all by themselves, when it's foreigners who are building infrastructure project all throughout Africa and the middle east. what is even funny is that the labourers are sometimes foreigners., all the project built by the Chinese use Chinese labour. all the rich gulf states' infrastructure are designed by foreigners even the labour is foreign. All the infrastructure projects in nigeria uses foreign architectures and engineer, nigerians are only labourers. Blacks under apartheid were far better of Than 90% of nigerians today, Nigeria is wores than apartheid. FACT.

Image of Apartheid South Africa

[img]http://shoff11.blog.sbc.edu/files/2011/04/Apartheid.jpg[/img]

[img]http://actango.files./2010/11/mine_recruition-l.jpg?w=480&h=330[/img]

How the images above situation is better than Nigeria present day workers is beyond me. It is clear you just like to be a slave all your life. Well, black South Africans are still slaves in their papa's land though.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 26, 2013
manny4life: For all of you arguing, @all4naija, e don do... haba, abeg chill jor and leave the dude alone

slooooooooooooowly you will get there and I mean very slooooooooooooowly. By the time Nigeria starts resembling anything like a mordern industrial civilized country, the world would have moved to something totally different, like cities in space and other planets. If the poor/most nigerians continue breeding like rats, Nigeria will never catch up, look at India, years of high growth it's still a total shithole, look at how many highly educated are ascaping to first weorld countries for sum breathing place. Niggeria is a highly polluted and corrupt hellhole. FACT. NIGERIA IS A FAILED STATE.
www.nairaland.com/1269741/nigeria-becoming-failed-state
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 26, 2013
all4naija:

How the images above situation is better than Nigeria present day workers is beyond me. It is clear you just like to be a slave all your life. Well, black South Africans are still slaves in their papa's land though.
HAHAHA. black South Africans live in the most beautiful country in Africa and have the most opportunities to better their lives inside their own country and reach a lifestyle that other Africans can only attain by moving abroad. Any black South African who is a slave in this country is either uneducated or a lazy fool, and why are nigerians flocking here by the thousands each week, unless you mean nigeria is wores than slavery in a foreign land.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Apr 26, 2013
all4naija:

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Nobody: 1:10am On Apr 27, 2013
all4naija:

I REMEMBER THIS POST WHEN ONE OF YOUR FOOLISH COMPATRIOTS RAISED THE SLAVERY NONSENSE

Contrary to certain views, Nigeria is one of the few countries in the world that practise modern-day slavery

1.Quote - "Nigeria is one of the countries in Africa and the world out large that still practice slavery in every sense of it" ---> http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-838516

2.Quote - "Slavery is still alive in Nigeria" ---> http://www.makeapact.org/documents/Slavery%20is%20still%20alive%20in%20Nigeria.pdf.

Extract - "At least one million Nigerian children are sold into internal and external slavery annually, according to experts who say this has put the country on an odious list of the world‟s eight worst abusers of the rights of children."

3. Extract - "[b]Grace was one of the people who took part in a research study published today that the UK-based organisations IPPR and Eaves, and the Nigerian organisation dRPC carried out with people who had been trafficked from Nigeria to the UK. Human trafficking from Nigeria is of major concern [...]"
http://humantrafficwatch./tag/nigeria/

4. Extract - Modern-Day Slavery in Africa: 40,000 Nigerian Women Trafficked for Sex --->http://www.nationalreview.com/the-feed/248220/modern-day-slavery-africa-40-000-nigerian-women-trafficked-sex

5. A video explaining how Nigeria still exports slaves to Europe cry ---> http://www.zuzeeko.com/2011/12/nigeria-human-trafficking-and-modern.html
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by manny4life(m): 1:46am On Apr 27, 2013
zetdee:
slooooooooooooowly you will get there and I mean very slooooooooooooowly. By the time Nigeria starts resembling anything like a mordern industrial civilized country, the world would have moved to something totally different, like cities in space and other planets. If the poor/most nigerians continue breeding like rats, Nigeria will never catch up, look at India, years of high growth it's still a total shithole, look at how many highly educated are ascaping to first weorld countries for sum breathing place. Niggeria is a highly polluted and corrupt hellhole. FACT. NIGERIA IS A FAILED STATE.
www.nairaland.com/1269741/nigeria-becoming-failed-state

Lol, obviously you' re VERY BLINDED by the argument I made. While you're endeavoring to draw me into your sick argument, believe me, you're so not worth my time
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 27, 2013
zetdee:
HAHAHA. black South Africans live in the most beautiful country in Africa and have the most opportunities to better their lives inside their own country and reach a lifestyle that other Africans can only attain by moving abroad. Any black South African who is a slave in this country is either uneducated or a lazy fool, and why are nigerians flocking here by the thousands each week, unless you mean nigeria is wores than slavery in a foreign land.
The truth is that you are not following the thread from the beginning, from the look of things. Those images are responses to the statement made by somebody that SA Apartheid regime treated workers better than Nigerian presented day workers by foreigners.So, you just failed to see where that leads us in this argument.

Nigerians are not comfortable with loner life style like South Africans. People who believed in fool's paradise! You can see influx of Nigerians even in the poorest of the poor nations around the world. They are fond of travelling. Just seat your a$$ down and think because it is development that is the reason Nigerians are coming to your country in their influx. There could be equal numbers of Nigerians in Mali as in total number of 6 cities in SA. Then, you will asked yourself why are there influx of Chinese in SA as well? Is it that SA is developed more than China?
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 27, 2013
zetdee:

I REMEMBER THIS POST WHEN ONE OF YOUR FOOLISH COMPATRIOTS RAISED THE SLAVERY NONSENSE

Contrary to certain views, Nigeria is one of the few countries in the world that practise modern-day slavery

1.Quote - "Nigeria is one of the countries in Africa and the world out large that still practice slavery in every sense of it" ---> http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-838516

2.Quote - "Slavery is still alive in Nigeria" ---> http://www.makeapact.org/documents/Slavery%20is%20still%20alive%20in%20Nigeria.pdf.

Extract - "At least one million Nigerian children are sold into internal and external slavery annually, according to experts who say this has put the country on an odious list of the world‟s eight worst abusers of the rights of children."

3. Extract - "[b]Grace was one of the people who took part in a research study published today that the UK-based organisations IPPR and Eaves, and the Nigerian organisation dRPC carried out with people who had been trafficked from Nigeria to the UK. Human trafficking from Nigeria is of major concern [...]"
http://humantrafficwatch./tag/nigeria/

4. Extract - Modern-Day Slavery in Africa: 40,000 Nigerian Women Trafficked for Sex --->http://www.nationalreview.com/the-feed/248220/modern-day-slavery-africa-40-000-nigerian-women-trafficked-sex

5. A video explaining how Nigeria still exports slaves to Europe cry ---> http://www.zuzeeko.com/2011/12/nigeria-human-trafficking-and-modern.html

Hahaha... It is a world problem. It is not restricted to Nigeria alone. I quite agree it's not a good thing at all.

Coming to your argument, there is also equal number of modern day slavery going on in your country.

1. Human trafficking in SA ----> link HERE

2. Labor trafficking in present day South Africa ---> link HERE

3. Video of modern day slavery in South Africa during the world cup ---> link HERE

I can go on and on to post links which talk and point to SA on this matter. Coming here to make your country looks innocent in this regard is not acceptable!
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 27, 2013
Image of truck dropping rocks into the area to be reclaimed from the Atlantic ocean at Eko Atlantic City.

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 27, 2013
I think eko Atlantic is going to be very beautiful, if it's able to solve its current problems, Nigeria will make Africa proud.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 27, 2013
all4naija: The truth is that you are not following the thread from the beginning, from the look of things. Those images are responses to the statement made by somebody that SA Apartheid regime treated workers better than Nigerian presented day workers by foreigners.So, you just failed to see where that leads us in this argument.

Nigerians are not comfortable with loner life style like South Africans. People who believed in fool's paradise! You can see influx of Nigerians even in the poorest of the poor nations around the world. They are fond of travelling. Just seat your a$$ down and think because it is development that is the reason Nigerians are coming to your country in their influx. There could be equal numbers of Nigerians in Mali as in total number of 6 cities in SA. Then, you will asked yourself why are there influx of Chinese in SA as well? Is it that SA is developed more than China?
Good points.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 27, 2013
manny4life:

Lol, obviously you' re VERY BLINDED by the argument I made. While you're endeavoring to draw me into your sick argument, believe me, you're so not worth my time
Yes, VERY BLINDED. thank u!!!!
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 28, 2013

Image of Birdseye view of Eko Atlantic City.

Image of Birdseye view of Eko Atlantic City.

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 28, 2013
Image of Billboard displaying Eko Atlantic City at the background.

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by cap28: 12:23pm On Apr 28, 2013
all4naija: Image of the Harbor Light concept of Eko Atlantic City

It is beautiful! Indeed, it will be the most beautiful in all of Africa.

But you will never be able to afford to live there, this city is being built for rich criminal politicians and their expatriate business associates.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 28, 2013
cap28:

But you will never be able to afford to live there, this city is being built for rich criminal politicians and their expatriate business associates.
That is Okay! It is private property not public. That should be addressed to the government. Indeed, it is the duty of the government to provide for the poor masses. Then, it is not necessarily meant for the poor. There are places like that all over the world.

Let us be glad something of that nature exist in Nigeria. As it spreads it tentacles, there is evidence some poor will be lifted out of poverty by working there and able to afford better infrastructure in the near future. We must start from somewhere. That is, Eko Atlantic City must be the point of reference.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 8:51am On Apr 29, 2013
@All4Naija
OLD MONKEY KEEP POSTING PHOTOSHOP IMAGES.

While we people who do the real thing are busy with FIRE PROTECTION SPECIFICATIONS.

I'm doing a big project now and won't have time for your CARTOONS AGAIN. O[b]LD FURT[/b][/b][b]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Exagerating things is in the DNA of Nigerians one Nigerian blogger here once said to u. AS AN ARCHITECT LET ME TELL WHAT YOU'RE DOING IS CHILDISH MAKING NOISE WHILE THEYR BUSY CLEARING THE SITE. THE SERVICES AREN'T EVEN THERE. BUT YOU'RE MAKING NOISE, [b]THOSE WHO'RE IN MY FIELD WILL KNOW THE TECHNICAL PROBLEMS WILL COME IN LATER RESULTING TO SOME CHANGES IN THE PROJECTS.
[/b][b]

LASTY 3D DIMENSIONAL RENDERS ARE JUST MADE TO GIVE A CLIENT AN IDEA, MOST OF THE TIME THEYR UNREAL. EXAMPLE WHEN SOUTH AFRICA WERE BIDDING FOR 2010 THEY HAD FANCY DESIGNS AND ENDED UP NOT BUILDING THESE DUE TO TECHNICALITIES, SAME CAN BE SAID WITH BRAZIL. grin grin grin grin

Hope this has space in ur STUPID HEAD cool cool cool coolOLD DAFT MONKEY.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 9:02am On Apr 29, 2013
@Cap28
You're right a friend of mone on www.skyscraper.com DennisRodman1987(Ghanaian descent grew up in SA) once said countries like ANGOLA are falling to a trap of building skyscrapers for foreigners. Today Luanda is too EXPENSIVE FOR AVERAGE ANGOLANS.[/b]People from well off economies like SA are buying property there its CHEAPER for them. The Boers today have property there, while the masses of Angola live in POVERTY. Wheres freedom in that??AFRICANS DON'T LEARN. People like DennisRodman1987 critisized the AMAZULU WORLD project north of Durban where the poor were going to be removed without compensation. Hence that project was halted in 2008 and resumed in 2010 till today after a new project CORNUBIA (mixed housing project) was introduced. [b]IF WE WANNA GET RID OF POVERTY IN AFRICA, MIXED HOUSING PROJECTS ARE THE WAY TO GO.[b][/b] wink wink wink wink winkI can tell u now in SA our focus is on former townships changing them into CBDs resulting into fast growing MIDDLE CLASS and people who are self employed.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 9:06am On Apr 29, 2013
@All4Naija
IF I WERE YOU OLD FURT I WOULD SAVE THAT ENERGY AND WAITING UNTIL WE SEE ROADWORKS AND FOUNDATIONS.For now you're ur lika TODDLER who is bragging to his friend about CARTOONS. IF U NOTICED PEOPLE ARE QUIET IN HERE THEYR NOT SAYING A WORD UNTIL THEY SEE CRANES.

FOR NOW WE'RE SEEING SITE EXCAVATION!!!!Meaning the project is still beginning.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 9:14am On Apr 29, 2013
@All4Naija
BY THE WAY OLD FURT AM NOT ZULU AND WILL NEVER BE ONE OF THEM grin grin grin grin

If u use the internet enough you'll see the me. Am not Zulu wink wink wink wink

If I was ZULU I would tell u straight as Zulus are known for being proud of their ZULUNESS. Which is something I have critised about them. Theyr known for ganging on people and XENOPHOBIC sometimes. If u visited SA bloggs ud see I have clashed with Zulus and made friends with some. Teaching them that we're all BLACK.Niggas,Kaffirs etc..whatever whiteys call us. shocked shocked shocked shocked

Am sure Morpheus24 wud know who I am (my fathers side and mothers side as I stated b4 Im of Ghanaian descent). My mom is a proud Larteh lady, I can speak TWI wth pride.

MEDASE OLD FURT wink wink wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of MKO Abiola And Obasanjo In Secondary School / Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup / Senator Dino Melaye Jumps Out Of Police Car, Runs Into Bush Enroute Kogi- TheSun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.