Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! (3173 Views)

Poll: Would u do the same if u were in my shoes?

Yes: 25% (1 vote)
No: 50% (2 votes)
Maybe: 25% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Talk Sense Into My Head Plssss... / Do You Have Any Crush On Nl(romanceland) If Yes,come In And Share 18+ Plssss / I Need Advise On How To Sleep With A Lady Who Is About To Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by ennkey(f): 6:00pm On Apr 20, 2012
My bf and i started dating in 2005. He was an undergraduate when we met and i was yet to be admitted into a higher institution.
Re: PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 20, 2012
your actions are the problem here, you should have communicated with them all , instead of going ahead with marriage WHICH YOU BLOODY WELL KNEW WAS AGAINST HER WISHES. what did you expect? that she would change her mind? since you have decided that this love was more important than your mother's wish, go on and live your new life with your new man....... and hope that it will last forever!

this is/was the only possible outcome, knowing how your mother felt...... now you've made your bed, you better sleep in it.

hey, you lost your mum's love and care but gained a husband, thats a great deal, isnt it!
Re: PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by ennkey(f): 9:01pm On Apr 20, 2012
i did my try best to communicate with them all but it was like talking to a brick wall.
Re: PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by ennkey(f): 9:05pm On Apr 20, 2012
MRbrownJAY: your actions are the problem here, you should have communicated with them all , instead of going ahead with marriage WHICH YOU BLOODY WELL KNEW WAS AGAINST HER WISHES. what did you expect? that she would change her mind? since you have decided that this love was more important than your mother's wish, go on and live your new life with your new man....... and hope that it will last forever!

this is/was the only possible outcome, knowing how your mother felt...... now you've made your bed, you better sleep in it.

hey, you lost your mum's love and care but gained a husband, thats a great deal, isnt it!

i did try my best to communicate with them all but it was like talking to a brick wall.
Re: PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 20, 2012
^^^and because you couldnt get through to them, you decided to go against their wishes.fair enough....... so why are you surprised of your mum's reaction?!
you knew fully well that this is what was going to happen. dont you? or what were you thinking would happen?!
Re: PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by ennkey(f): 9:12pm On Apr 20, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^^and because you couldnt get through to them, you decided to go against their wishes.fair enough....... so why are you surprised of your mum's reaction?!
you knew fully well that this is what was going to happen. dont you? or what were you thinking would happen?!

I appreciate ur take on this issue but honestly dont u think u r sounding soooo judgemental?
Re: PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 20, 2012
^^ sorry if i sounded like that, i am just trying to make you understand that there is nothing strange about how your mother is reacting. you did something that was against her wishes, and thought that she would change her stand on the issue, while she clearly didnt.
hopefully someday she will but, in the meantime, you should take FULL RESPONSIBILITY for what is happening to you.

you are trying to FORCE them into accepting something that were clearly against. i doubt that this is the way to solve family issues.....and if it is then a complete separation/break up can only be the outcome.

pls dont get offended by my words, i am just telling you how i see this issue: you didnt want to be forced into doing something you didnt want to, YET you want to force THEM into accepting something they do not want to.

1 Like

Re: PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 21, 2012
^guy stop chastasin †ЂΞ OP, M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ dear american friend, U̶̲̥̅̊ did †ЂΞ best thing! Soon, Ūя̲̅ family will Ƈϑ♍Ə τ̅☺ accept Ūя̲̅ marriage FƠ̴̴̴̴͡я̲̅ wat it is. Ur whole energy shud be towards makin ur marriage work. Do not bother abt ur family too much for now so as not τ̅☺ strain Ūя̲̅ marriage, dnt giv Ūя̲̅ hubby †ЂΞ impression ∂α† U r nt a happy woman in marriage. Love him more & more because †ЂΞ both of U̶̲̥̅̊ must prove τ̅☺ them ∂α† u made †ЂΞ right decision. Get closer τ̅☺ God now as well.
Re: PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by neyostica: 9:59am On Apr 21, 2012
Op, ur mum is selfish, is she gonna live with u in ur husband's house Whats ha problem After its ur life. Anyway, u've already taken d step, forget her, focus on ur mariage, she will comeback for you oneday, nonsense!
Re: PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by drnoel: 10:44am On Apr 21, 2012
marry who makes u happy. If u guys have waited till now then its best u follow ur heart. Ur family would always want 2 control ur life but its ur heart u should be listening 2 and not ur family. Also, best u let them alone or they would destroy ur life.
Re: PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 21, 2012
Your mum made the decision to be with your father before he became late,she also made the decision to be with the current man. So,dear stick to your decision and make the best of it to prove her wrong afterall she has not come up with any reasonable excuse for you not to be with the guy other than flimsy excuses built on selfishness.
Re: PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by zicopro(m): 1:10pm On Apr 21, 2012
pls my sister i love your action and your faithfulness, sorry to say this your mum is a greedy woman that is why she could not endure and train the children God gave her all she could do is to jump to another man becouse of richness not love and she want you to do likewise. With what you said your mum is after money not love, love is all that matters. I have this few questions for you. Will your mum be the one to suffer if any thing come out from those rich men he wants u to marry? When your mum married your dad did you choose for her? Since you love him and he is a graduate go on your guy has a bright fulture. Befor God and man you have not wronged anybody. Go on God will bless you and your marriage.
Re: PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by Nobody: 8:21pm On Apr 21, 2012
Jenams: ^guy stop chastasin †ЂΞ OP, M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ dear american friend, U̶̲̥̅̊ did †ЂΞ best thing! Soon, Ūя̲̅ family will Ƈϑ♍Ə τ̅☺ accept Ūя̲̅ marriage FƠ̴̴̴̴͡я̲̅ wat it is. Ur whole energy shud be towards makin ur marriage work. Do not bother abt ur family too much for now so as not τ̅☺ strain Ūя̲̅ marriage, dnt giv Ūя̲̅ hubby †ЂΞ impression ∂α† U r nt a happy woman in marriage. Love him more & more because †ЂΞ both of U̶̲̥̅̊ must prove τ̅☺ them ∂α† u made †ЂΞ right decision. Get closer τ̅☺ God now as well.

pls, dont misunderstand my post. i never wrote that what the OP did was wrong, i said that she has to accept the consequences of her actions. as for family accepting her union eventually, there are many people whose family COMPLETELY DROPPED THEM for flimsiest reasons. if she has a strong mum, then it's possible they will NEVER talk again. it has happened to many people in the past.......especially with the ever popular ego driven stubborn Nigerian parents, who always believe they know best.
Re: PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 21, 2012
neyostica: Op, ur mum is selfish, is she gonna live with u in ur husband's house Whats ha problem After its ur life. Anyway, u've already taken d step, forget her, focus on ur mariage, she will comeback for you oneday, nonsense!
OP, ur mom is been selfish, if not GOD, u guys would still be sufferin in Nigeria
Re: PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by oderemo(m): 8:43pm On Apr 21, 2012
you are young and dont know the full weight of what your mum went thru. pls to really understand go back to nigeria and defy your mum, marry this guy , all for love and come back in 2 yrs to relate your xperiences.
poverty has no geographical location, you have a chance to better your life and you want to squander it.reverse the situation, do you think this guy will think same way as you. o ma se, a gba adie lowo iku oni won o je koun lo je aitan.
pls go marry him and see if love equate dinner on the table.
mitshhew.
Re: PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by Skii(m): 9:00pm On Apr 21, 2012
OMO... shocked shocked

This tory pass me o
Re: PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by kittykat1(f): 9:30pm On Apr 21, 2012
I congratulate you for your courage. You are old enough to take decisions for yourself and also face the consequences.

Pls conceterate on your marriage and make it work. From my own experience, I advise you not to allow your family's negative attitude seep into the fabric of ur union. That could excerberate little issues btw u and ur spouse and spoil the union thereby proving ur ppl right. So be devoted to your union in a sensible way. You don't have to be a door mat either.

I wish you the best.
Re: PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by chantebas(f): 10:46am On Apr 22, 2012
Mr brown jay,I ave read two posts dat u commented on nd I am say I find ur comments disturbing and unrealistic nd half of the time am wishing u r jokin,cus those comments can't be serious.
Re: PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 22, 2012
^^sadly, this isnt a popularity contest, so i will keep on saying it how i see it.
Re: PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by jmoore(m): 5:16pm On Apr 22, 2012
The choice of a husband is your choice and not that of your mother.

As time goes on she will reverse her actions and would come and visit you and her grand kids.
Re: PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by IbroSaunks(m): 5:39pm On Apr 22, 2012
@OP... I'm sorry about what's happening to you, I can't begin to imagine how you feel right now, I love my mum soo much and it'll just kill me to see her so disappointed with me..

There is nothing left to do, you have married him. What's best to do now is to keep trying to reconcile with mum... she's just really angry 'bout stuff, I believe she still loves you very much and with time she would come around. You just have to be persistent...

Perhaps you should try to make her husband your ally. If he's understanding enough, he can help convince her to accept you again, as he is in a good position to do that..good luck!
Re: PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by Dondav(m): 5:53pm On Apr 22, 2012
Sue your mum.....

That's it.
Re: PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by Nobody: 3:26am On Apr 23, 2012
My dear,go ahead n marry ur guy joor..bt dnt gv up on gettin ur mum 2 ur side,dnt stop calin,txtin and sndin pple 2 talk 2 her,i knw she wil cm arnd 1 day...u must nt please evrbdy_folow ur hrt n be wilin 2 bear any conseqences dat comes frm it,rather dan followin ur mum's own,n blamin her 2moro if it bck fires_dnt 4get 2 ask God 4 direction_duo d deed has bin done alrdy_move on
Re: PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by biola3005n(m): 5:05am On Apr 23, 2012
To my own little knowledge of understand i believe that we are in a civilized world where our parents are not suppose to chose for us our choice or spouse, i can not advise you but what i can say is if you put God first in everything you it does not matter she has done what matter is the life and the happiness which you will have to beg God almighty to put in your family with the guy love is not about how rich or how poor you are love is something that comes naturally and therefore no one has the right to stop any one from marrying soomeone they really like, Pray to GOD and he will help you fix things believe in your man and yourself then you can both work things out if it;s mean to be you will live long and be happy for the rest of your lives.
Re: PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by 190: 6:23am On Apr 23, 2012
This issue is serious family matters

the only people who could help you out here are born2fuck and mr.cork

look out for them

peace cool
Re: PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by kpolli(m): 1:55pm On Apr 23, 2012
Your mother suffers from acute poverty mentality. . . . Pray for her, do not disturb urself. . . U didn't do anything wrong
Re: PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by omega25red(m): 2:07pm On Apr 23, 2012
your actions were immature so you kinda deserve what you are getting now. You should have the young man's family contact her and beg on your behalf.

your mom is some type of woman, she suffered and now looks down on those she left behind in Nigeria smh. I can certainly understand wanting better for your children but as an adult she should understand that your life doesn't belong to her. So she suffered for you guys, as if you all asked to be born. Some parents sha. All you can do is beg her and then give her space hopefully she would come to her senses and give you support. Just be ready for the "i told you so" when it doesn't work out.

By the way, what are the plans now? are you moving to Nigeria or is the dude coming to the U.S?
Re: PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by TroyJay(m): 2:20pm On Apr 23, 2012
ennkey: My bf and i started dating in 2005. He was an undergraduate when we met and i was yet to be admitted into a higher institution. I was not from a well to do home same as my bf too.I had lost my dad in 1998 and my mum did all she could to raise my siblings and i.she hawked through rain and shine jst to put food on the table. To cut d story short in 2008, fortune smiled on us.My aunt in the states showed a colleague of her's (An American) my mum's picture and he fell in love with her instantly. He came down to Africa to see her, he fell in love with her and was moved to tears at the story of how we suffered after we lost my dad. They got married and after 10 months we all moved down to the united states and have been living there since 2009. It wasnt easy for me and my guy as we were soooo much in love,we both cried our eyes out for a whole week before i travelled because we couldnt bear the thought of being seperated from each other. We made promises to each other that we would wait and distance would not be a barrier to what we both shared. It wasnt easy being apart but we did all we could to make sure it worked and it did. We decided to formalize our union last year and i informed my mother of our intention but to my shock! she said over her dead body would i marry him. she said i have moved out of Nigeria for good and there's no looking back that i should look for someone else here in the states and settle down with. My mum and my aunt had tried matchmaking me with people they deemed fit for me to marry but i made them know that my heart belongs to someone else back in Nigeria. My mum turned the whole family against me and they all would not even give me a listening ear, they say my mum has suffered too much in the past for my siblings and i, and that now i have to make her happy by marrying who she wills. I did what i deemed the best thing at dat moment i travelled down to naija in january this year without notifying any of my family members xcept for my sis who is also my best friend. my bf nd i went down to marriage registry to consolidate our relationship with the hope that my mum would change her mind soon so we can have a white wedding. I returned back to d states after 4weeks only to find out dat my mum had found out frm a friend of her's who saw me @d registry on d day of the marriage. Right now as i write my entire family does not talk to me, my mum had called nd left voice messages saying dat i should neva call her fone or d house fone, nd dat i should nt even attend her funeral should incase she dies. I dont know what to do right now, i mean where or wat did i do wrong by loving a man who loves me equally or even more! i have begged nd sent piple to beg her on my behalf bt all to no avail. plssssssssssssss wat do i do nxt?
What has happened, has happened. You can't turn back the hands of time even if you wanted to. I'd have done the same if i was you. No one should ask me not to marry the love of my life because of her own past experiences. Yes she's concerned, but a loving mother should understand why it happened. The only thing i hold against you is not telling them you were about to get married, at least you should have called them from the registry! It's better than nothing at all. But like i said earlier, it's all past. All you need to is give them time to heal. No one will live your life with you or for you. If you have made a mistake by marrying this young man, you'll bear the consequences alone. If it's blessings you'll reap from the marriage, you'll still enjoy it alone. Even if you had married whoever it is that your family wanted for you, when you run into problems with him, will they be there? You have begged her, so there's NOTHING you can do about it further than allow for time to pass. Stop worrying about what you have no control over A mother is a mother, she'll forgive you. Just make sure you work on your marriage and turn out fine. On the day you'll reconcile with her, pay her a surprise visit, maybe when you have kids. There's no way she'll turn you and your husband and your kids away. . . Mother's are not that heartless. But you have to allow time to pass, let her miss you, and be at your business. Don't let this affect your marital life. This is just a problem that has a solution. Time has that solution, wait for it!

2 Likes

Re: PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by unbranded0029: 6:19pm On Apr 23, 2012
As far am concernd, u hvnt done anything wrong. What u did was d best under d circustance. Ur mom ought 2 be informd, havin dwell among d western world. DO NOT YIELD TO THEIR PRESSURE. No matter hw she advertises her feelings, FOLLOW UR HEARTH. Sooner or later, she wil come to terms with ur judgement. Gud luck!
Re: PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by ellah254(f): 7:26pm On Apr 23, 2012
any mothers' soul joy when it comes to their childs marriage is that they are happy,whether they marry from nigeria,us or afghanistan.im sorry for what you are going through but just manage.its only a matter of time before she comes around.unless a woman has no heart,its almost impossible for them to disown a fully grown daughter after carrying them for 9mnths and strugling with them..i think its easier for them to abandon a new born then an adult..the attachment is stronger.keep calling,texting even show up at her house even though she kicjs you out..she is your mother she will come around esp. When grandchildren come into the picture..no use condemning you for the marriage without her blessing coz thats already done..so just work on getting ur relationship back..its sad parents still trying to live through their children..MY TWO CENTS..::-))))
Re: PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by Johnny(m): 5:58pm On Apr 24, 2012
Your action could attract curses,that is if u have not been cursed already.how could be so stupid.....all in d name of LOVE right?U got it wrong &u ve only urself to blame.
Re: PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! by GboyegaD(m): 6:56pm On Apr 24, 2012
Although I find it difficult to understand why your mum feels she can decide who you marry however, I feel you should have been patient enough to let her see reasons with you that the step you took. However, the deed is done and there is no need crying over spilt milk. I would advise you get the guy the necessary documents he needs to come over if you guys want to settle here or you move back home to be with him. Overtime, your mum would calm down cos I suppose her current reaction is because she percieves she has a bold stake in whatever decision you take in life.
Lastly, you have taken a decision and now, you should be more concious of how to make your marriage work and not what other people feel since the deed cannot be reversed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Welcome Back Darling / Will We Ever See A Nairaland Chic On Bald Head Like This Hot Candy? / Ehh? Confused...calling Me Late At Night.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.