Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,530 members, 7,837,022 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10952) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10627182 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10949) (10950) (10951) (10952) (10953) (10954) (10955) ... (19272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:39pm On Feb 15, 2021
Unlimited22:

I'm not sure Rudiger himself can explain exactly what he was doing here.

The only thing in my head was that he must have collected some bucks from his former club to allow them to score.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:40pm On Feb 15, 2021
airmark:

Make dem no talk say we dey hate. Manage the skating him do against Messi.

[img]https:///media/3-16-2018/aZaB3n.gif[/img]

This is unfair. Any player can get dribbled. Being dribbled doesn't make you a bad defender.

Let's keep the criticism genuine and highlight routine clearances or cutouts that Rudiger always somehow manages to turn into a disaster.

You get the Sheffield United one last season?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 11:44pm On Feb 15, 2021
This thread na pure cruise I swear grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:44pm On Feb 15, 2021
Ibime:

This is unfair. Any player can get dribbled. Being dribbled doesn't make you a bad defender.

Let's keep the criticism genuine and highlight routine clearances or cutouts that Rudiger always somehow manages to turn into a disaster.

You get the Sheffield United one last season?

grin grin grin

Let me check for last season's.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:46pm On Feb 15, 2021
Unlimited22:

He's not good on the ball, and the system requires rigid positional play, which again isn't one of his strengths.

I think he should be given a run at LCB though.

I agree. Back 3 is not Zoumas strength as emphasis is more on passing and speed of passing than defensive skill. He remains our best back 2 defender, and the only one with sense of danger along with Thiago. The other two (Chris and Rudiger) can never smell danger and cut it out.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:48pm On Feb 15, 2021
Atilogwu dancing or defending? See Lampards face in agony

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TalabiAudu: 11:49pm On Feb 15, 2021
Which kind fans dey this thread, omo grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:50pm On Feb 15, 2021
Unlimited22:

I'm not sure Rudiger himself can explain exactly what he was doing here.

Corporate shoe movements. Same way he can't explain that jump he did against Vardy three weeks ago that caused the second goal. The Corporate shoe has a mind of its own.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:51pm On Feb 15, 2021
raumdeuter:
Atilogwu dancing or defending? See Lampards face in agony

Anyway player can be dribbled one-on-one. This is not what defenders are judged on, rather the routine clearances and cutouts they make or fail to make.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:54pm On Feb 15, 2021
Na to thank Apostle Skimpledawgg so far for the werey wey dey Rudiger head to have reduced a bit as he had only scored an own goal so far under Tuchel.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:55pm On Feb 15, 2021
airmark:
Na to thank Apostle Skimpledawgg so far for the werey wey dey Rudiger head to have reduced a bit as he had only scored an own goal so far under Tuchel.

This is the Corporate shoe nigga we know and love. His brain and feet are never in communication with each other and always discombobulated. Rudiger is a real life FIFA PlayStation glitch.

You get the West Ham own?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:56pm On Feb 15, 2021

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MercylessMercy: 11:57pm On Feb 15, 2021
How is this different from iamj Mason Mount slander? How?

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:57pm On Feb 15, 2021
Ibime:

Anyway player can be dribbled one-on-one. This is not what defenders are judged on, rather the routine clearances and cutouts they make or fail to make.

What of backing away from an attacker? He didnt even have the guts to get dribbled
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 11:57pm On Feb 15, 2021
Ibime:

I agree. Back 3 is not Zoumas strength as emphasis is more on passing and speed of passing than defensive skill. He remains our best back 2 defender, and the only one with sense of danger along with Thiago. The other two (Chris and Rudiger) can never smell danger and cut it out.

I might not like Christensen but his awareness is good
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:57pm On Feb 15, 2021
MercylessMercy:

You are allowed to hate your own player after 4 years of uselessness.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MercylessMercy: 11:59pm On Feb 15, 2021
Troll Rudiger but if iamj was doing this to mount, he is over reacting.

Nobody is calling Rudiger the best thing after slice bread but he has been decent at least.

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:01am On Feb 16, 2021
raumdeuter:

What of backing away from an attacker? He didnt even have the guts to get dribbled

Not everything is by rushing. Sometimes you have to try to delay till your teammate join you. That was just great execution by Neto. Most times, the player there makes a misstep or cuts the wrong way, buying the microsecond needed for Kovacic to join Zouma and double team him.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MercylessMercy: 12:02am On Feb 16, 2021
Ibime:

You are allowed to hate your own player after 4 years of uselessness.

There is no written rule for a time frame to hate a player. I don't think Havertz have spent 4years too at the club but I know you don't like him.

Kepa costed us games last season but was decent in the last two games, nevertheless we should single him for what he did well during those two games.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:03am On Feb 16, 2021
Ibime:

Not everything is by rushing. Sometimes you have to try to delay till your teammate join you. That was just great execution by Neto. Most times, the player there makes a misstep or cuts the wrong way, buying the microsecond needed for Kovacic to join Zouma and double team him.

That delaying in the last minute when at worst commit a foul outside the area and get a respectable yellow than the backing away until you concede and lose

These are the players Lampard should hold responsible for his sack

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:04am On Feb 16, 2021
User09:

But not the strength to execute and deal with what he read. If he read a pass right and bump shoulder with the striker while trying to clear, he will still end up on the losing side.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 12:05am On Feb 16, 2021
User09:

Lol
Na wa o.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:05am On Feb 16, 2021
Ibime:

This is the Corporate shoe nigga we know and love. His brain and feet are never in communication with each other and always discombobulated. Rudiger is a real life FIFA PlayStation glitch.

You get the West Ham own?

Against Yarmolenko or which one?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:05am On Feb 16, 2021
Ibime

what type of shoe did Zouma wear to execute this pass to his keeper?

Shey na Bikers, Timberland or na "Sanchoze"

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 12:08am On Feb 16, 2021
MercylessMercy:
He has Ben quite decent this season. That much is unarguable.

The only thing is with him you know a brainfart is always coming.

Christensen is another matter altogether. The guy na Fellowship mama. I have actually advocated trying him at DM since he can pass and has some defensive awareness.

Havertz is a young player with a languid style in a new league. the most physically demanding in world football. Injuries and Covid haven't helped too. I still think he'll come good.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:08am On Feb 16, 2021
Ibime:

Dayo can't understand this technical stuff, despite being simple to grasp.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:11am On Feb 16, 2021
airmark:

Dayo can't understand this technical stuff, despite being simple to grasp.

Where did the technical land him? Last minute opponent coming at you, a sensible defender collects his yellow early and stops the attack. But the senseless Zouma was backing away until they lit fire on his post
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 12:12am On Feb 16, 2021
raumdeuter:

Where did the technical land him? Last minute opponent coming at you, a sensible defender collects his yellow early and stops the attack. But the senseless Zouma was backing away until they lit fire on his post
What if said sensible defender is already on a yellow? Or is trying not to get a yellow to avoid a suspension?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:14am On Feb 16, 2021
MercylessMercy:

There is no written rule for a time frame to hate a player. I don't think Havertz have spent 4years too at the club but I know you don't like him.

Kepa costed us games last season but was decent in the last two games, nevertheless we should single him for what he did well during those two games.

You can hate any player you want if they are awful sef. I hated Bakayoko before he even kicked a ball. Havertz hatred is due to laziness and poor ball retention.

I don't hate Rudiger, just a mild dislike. But 4 years of brainfarts is enough my guy. It's taken that long to dislike him.

No two games or even 20 games of good performance will make me ever accept Kepa. I rejected that fool from the day he made a mockery of Sarri by refusing to accept his substitution in Carabao Cup final.

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:20am On Feb 16, 2021
raumdeuter:
Ibime

what type of shoe did Zouma wear to execute this pass to his keeper?

Shey na Bikers, Timberland or na "Sanchoze"

Kepa clears that ball easily if he wasn't a püssy.

Zouma is not faultless technically, far from it but he has ten times the defensive awareness of Rudiger, and routinely deals with situations that Rudiger will turn into a funny moment. Same with Thiago. They know how to cut shït out by sensing danger. Rudiger is just a community defender in a back 3 who never sees anything or does anything to deal with situations, just lucky that there are more bodies around in a back 3 so his cluelessness isn't exposed as often as it should be.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:22am On Feb 16, 2021
Unlimited22:

What if said sensible defender is already on a yellow? Or is trying not to get a yellow to avoid a suspension?

Yellow and suspension or back away and collect goal which one is better?

This is what Valverde did when his team was facing a similar scenario and the whole world of football followers clapped for him

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 12:24am On Feb 16, 2021
raumdeuter:

Yellow and suspension or back away and collect goal which one is better?

This is what Valverde did when his team was facing a similar scenario and the whole world of football followers clapped for him

Shey no be knockout game abi na final be that? In the dying seconds of Spanish Super Cup?

And a league that has 38 games?

Apples and oranges.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10949) (10950) (10951) (10952) (10953) (10954) (10955) ... (19272) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: OVA200(m), SamHarruna(m), amodu(m), BlueRayDick, Segedinho(m), Realtord43, Caicedobets(m) and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.