Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,527 members, 7,837,012 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10953) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10627128 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10950) (10951) (10952) (10953) (10954) (10955) (10956) ... (19272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:25am On Feb 16, 2021
Ibime:

Kepa clears that ball easily if he wasn't a püssy.

Zouma is not faultless technically, far from it but he has ten times the defensive awareness of Rudiger, and routinely deals with situations that Rudiger will turn into a funny moment. Same with Thiago. They know how to cut shït out by sensing danger. Rudiger is just a community defender in a back 3 who never sees anything or does anything to deal with situations, just lucky that there are more bodies around in a back 3 so his cluelessness isn't exposed as often as it should be.

Zouma sold his keeper short with that feeble pass that gave Che Adams the chance to get on the ball and puts his keeper at risk, when you pass to someone you weight it so it gets to the intended party
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:25am On Feb 16, 2021
raumdeuter:

Yellow and suspension or back away and collect goal which one is better?

This is what Valverde did when his team was facing a similar scenario and the whole world of football followers clapped for him

This is nothing like the Zouma one. This one Valverde knows the guy is through on goal. Zouma would do the same. The Neves one, Zouma is playing the probabilities that the guy won't get the shot off before being crowded out, it's on an acute angle and on his left foot so he doesn't need to do anything drastic but play the probabilities.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:26am On Feb 16, 2021
Unlimited22:

Shey no be knockout game abi na final be that? In the dying seconds of Spanish Super Cup?

And a league that has 38 games?

Apples and oranges.

a loss is a loss

3 points was lost due to Zoumas foolishness
Simeone said everyone would have done the same but he obviously has never watched Zouma the defender who backs away in the last minute
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:28am On Feb 16, 2021
Ibime:

You can hate any player you want if they are awful sef. I hated Bakayoko before he even kicked a ball. Havertz hatred is due to laziness and poor ball retention.

I don't hate Rudiger, just a mild dislike. But 4 years of brainfarts is enough my guy. It's taken that long to dislike him.

No two games or even 20 games of good performance will make me ever accept Kepa. I rejected that fool from the day he made a mockery of Sarri by refusing to accept his substitution in Carabao Cup final.
So you are hating for the sake of it and not based on performance? How sad.
He made 1 mistake and you can't let go? grin Even Sarri himself no complain, you dey here dey carry wahala for head? cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:29am On Feb 16, 2021
Ibime:

This is nothing like the Zouma one. This one Valverde knows the guy is through on goal. Zouma would do the same. The Neves one, Zouma is playing the probabilities that the guy won't get the shot off before being crowded out, it's on an acute angle and on his left foot so he doesn't need to do anything drastic but play the probabilities.

That is Zoumas problem and his poor football education is why he is taking such gamble with 20secs to go when you should not be conceding, That is why Pep teaches his players to do a tactical foul outside the box before it gets to bad situations

Zouma didnt, he backed off and he paid for it, Lampard also paid for it

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BikeMan: 12:33am On Feb 16, 2021
iamJ:
zouma is useless, I don't know why chelsea fans keep expecting him to come good, someone that can't start for france
This guy is ridiculous.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:33am On Feb 16, 2021
FBS:

So you are hating for the sake of it and not based on performance? How sad.
He made 1 mistake and you can't let go? grin Even Sarri himself no complain, you dey here dey carry wahala for head? cheesy

That's not a mistake, that was a massive disrespect to the club.

What do you mean Sarri didn't complain. Sarri that stormed down the tunnel chewing cigarette frantically and had to be dragged back onto the pitch

Don't confuse money matter with moral matter. If Kepa was a youth player, Sarri would demand they tear up his contract that very day. Na because Sarri no want lose millions in compensation he didn't storm out and let the suits handle the communication around the matter.

On top.of that, his performance stinks.so you.kmow he is already in the bad books from Sarri matter and almost 2 years of stinking performances.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:34am On Feb 16, 2021
100 days and 1000 minutes. From famine to feast (not fully yet) but Turbo Timo came through. That smile on his face. Joyful.

The team is not firing 100% yet but the football is pleasing to watch. The ability to play in tight spaces, the speed of recovery when without the ball and going forward like they know what exactly they needed to do.

The best thing the directors have done so far this year was to hire a proper manager.

Only way is up.

Southampton next.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:37am On Feb 16, 2021
Ibime:

That's not a mistake, that was a massive disrespect to the club.

What do you mean Sarri no complain. Sarri that stormed down the tunnel and had to be dragged back onto the pitch

Don't confuse money matter with moral matter. If Kepa was a youth player, Sarri would demand they tear up his contract that very day. Na because Sarri no want lose millions in compensation he didn't storm out and let the suits handle the communication around the matter.
Did Sarri not play him afterwards?
He was disrespectful = a mistake on his part and only because he badly wanted to play. Again it was an error of judgement = mistake.
Sarri can't demand nada, and Kepa was no youth player.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:45am On Feb 16, 2021
FBS:

Did Sarri not play him afterwards?
He was disrespectful = a mistake on his part and only because he badly wanted to play. Again it was an error of judgement = mistake.
Sarri can't demand nada, and Kepa was no youth player.

You said Sarri didn't complain and I shouldn't carry the matter for head. I said Sarri complained and only politics and financial interests made him cool down and allow the club clean up that matter.

Well, Sarri had to protect his financial interests by towing the club line and not throwing his toys out the pram, but I as a fan with only emotional interest am allowed to carry the matter for head. That's just it.

In our days of football, any disrespect to the club and you are out. Just like when Gallas threatened to score own goal if not given a new contract and was exited immediately. I'm sure you wouldn't take such matter lightly, or have you turned into indomie generation Chelsea fan?

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:46am On Feb 16, 2021
Unlimited22:

Shey no be knockout game abi na final be that? In the dying seconds of Spanish Super Cup?

And a league that has 38 games?

Apples and oranges.

Raumdeuter, the Aparisports CEO. grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:49am On Feb 16, 2021
The whole world knew Yarmolenko will cut Rudiger, but the kponkpon defender's brain wouldn't work when needed. Thank God for the system that's shielding his weaknesses so far.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BikeMan: 12:51am On Feb 16, 2021
‘In the second half, the first three or four minutes were more or less the picture for the whole half. We suddenly gave away two shots in the first two minutes, we lost duels, we had suddenly corners against us and I felt we had the feeling of something to lose.

‘We played too many balls back when we could escape the pressure, we did not open up or keep the advantage to put the game into the opponent’s half. The counter-attacks in the second half were not precise or clinical enough to score a third goal and finish the game.’

This guy is so sincere, he pointed out the annoying things.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:57am On Feb 16, 2021
airmark:
The whole world knew Yarmolenko will cut Rudiger, but the kponkpon defender's brain wouldn't work when needed. Thank God for the system that's shielding his weaknesses so far.

I don't blame him too much for this, although it added insult to injury. Like I said, any defender can get dribbled one-on-one. Most defenders know Robben will.cut in on his left but can't stop it.

His real crime in this game was the corporate shoe clearance he used to concede the corner for the second goal, knowing Soucek had already scored twice from corner and the way Antonio finished him all game. My guy was shaking like a fish out of water every time Antonio was racing him down, even if he had 10 yards head start, he would still find a way to boot the ball the ball for corner, throw-in or a hapless clearance back into the danger zone.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:07am On Feb 16, 2021
Ibime:

I don't blame him too much for this, although it added insult to injury. Like I said, any defender can get dribbled one-on-o[b]ne. Most defenders know Robben will.cut in on his left but can't stop it.[/b]

Any left footed winger on the right will do the same thing and most defenders have not found a solution to it

But how do we explain what Zouma was doing here like a toddler kicking ball for the first time airmark can you explain

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:12am On Feb 16, 2021
airmark:

The whole world knew Obafemi will cut Zouma, but the Bricklayer defender's brain wouldn't work when needed.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:40am On Feb 16, 2021
raumdeuter:

The whole world knew Obafemi will cut Zouma, but the Bricklayer defender's brain wouldn't work when needed.

That's a lie, because Obafemi's right was even stronger than his left unlike Yarmolenko's. Try harder. grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 2:48am On Feb 16, 2021
Ibime:

You said Sarri didn't complain and I shouldn't carry the matter for head. I said Sarri complained and only politics and financial interests made him cool down and allow the club clean up that matter.

Well, Sarri had to protect his financial interests by towing the club line and not throwing his toys out the pram, but I as a fan with only emotional interest am allowed to carry the matter for head. That's just it.

In our days of football, any disrespect to the club and you are out. Just like when Gallas threatened to score own goal if not given a new contract and was exited immediately. I'm sure you wouldn't take such matter lightly, or have you turned into indomie generation Chelsea fan?

Sarri was angry but did he "complain"?

You surely cannot compare the two scenarios.

Kepa: I am hurt but I want to play on FOR the club.
Gallas: Give me more money else I will score an own goal against the club.

Generations indeed.

I don't care what generation it is, I want my players to show passion and hunger to succeed. Yes, he was disrespectful to his coach/manager/club but given the circumstances around it, it is not enough to keep on hating on the guy.

If to say you dey talk performance now, I can understand, everything else is just hate. Pure and simple.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 2:55am On Feb 16, 2021
BikeMan:
‘In the second half, the first three or four minutes were more or less the picture for the whole half. We suddenly gave away two shots in the first two minutes, we lost duels, we had suddenly corners against us and I felt we had the feeling of something to lose.

‘We played too many balls back when we could escape the pressure, we did not open up or keep the advantage to put the game into the opponent’s half. The counter-attacks in the second half were not precise or clinical enough to score a third goal and finish the game.’

This guy is so sincere, he pointed out the annoying things.
TT is a massive upgrade on all levels.
So far he is doing the right things and you can see the boys fighting for their places in the team.
The way they all ran back to defend was so sweet to watch.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:02am On Feb 16, 2021
FBS:

Sarri was angry but did he "complain"?

You surely cannot compare the two scenarios.

Kepa: I am hurt but I want to play on FOR the club.
Gallas: Give me more money else I will score an own goal against the club.

Generations indeed.

I don't care what generation it is, I want my players to show passion and hunger to succeed. Yes, he was disrespectful to his coach/manager/club but given the circumstances around it, it is not enough to keep on hating on the guy.

If to say you dey talk performance now, I can understand, everything else is just hate. Pure and simple.

Gallas showed defiance behind closed doors. We only heard it from rumours later.

Kepa showed defiance in front of the whole world. Which is worse?

All the remorse talk later is just his agents and managers cleaning up his reputation which Gallas never got the chance to do as his fückup was not in the public eye.

And how do you know about Sarris complaints or not. You are only yarning because Sarri is a gentleman that can negotiate behind closed doors unlike Conte that would have dragged Kepa in public. Of course Sarri was mad, but Marina had to go in and clean the matter. If Sarri had more power and a better backup keeper, I guarantee Kepa would not see shirt again that season. Imagine doing that to Mourinho, Pep or Klopp, they would have turned him into Casillas and banished him to the bench forever, but instead he was only dropped for one game and given a light rap on the wrist.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/27/chelsea-chief-marina-granovskaia-unhappy-kepa-decision-bust-maurizio-sarri-8760948/

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:41am On Feb 16, 2021
airmark:

That's a lie, because Obafemi's right was even stronger than his left unlike Yarmolenko's. Try harder. grin

Obafemis right was already covered the only option was his weaker left foot and he still molested Brikila Zouma
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 6:40am On Feb 16, 2021
Raumdeuter, I started everything with “this season’s Zouma” I’ll love to see GIF’s of Zouma “this season “
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 7:13am On Feb 16, 2021
User09:

I might not like Christensen but his awareness is good

Christensen is so stupid that a burglar can have a Field day at his house even when he is at home.

That guy's sense of awareness is below zero.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 7:18am On Feb 16, 2021
raumdeuter:

Where did the technical land him? Last minute opponent coming at you, a sensible defender collects his yellow early and stops the attack. But the senseless Zouma was backing away until they lit fire on his post

Your accessment is correct this time. Airmark likes supporting Ibime.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 7:27am On Feb 16, 2021
swiz123:

Christensen is so stupid that a burglar can have a Field day at his house even when he is at home.

That guy's sense of awareness is below zero.
Omo the post you quoted shocked me.

Like say no be the same Christensen all of us Dey watch.

The guy has been playing like his brains have been scrambled ever since the day he passed the ball straight to Iniesta in the UCL R16 tie in 2018.

Last season, there was a game against crystal palace that the guy was maybe playing his PS4 in his head in the dying moments of a game we badly needed to win and would've cost us the game if Jordan Ayew had been a bit more useful and if Zouma hadn't made a brilliant last ditch tackle.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 7:27am On Feb 16, 2021
Ibime:

There were no probabilities there. That wasn't even a one - on - one dribble. Zouma was simply dribbled by his man when he should have gone for the challenge outside the box. Worst case scenario, he gets a yellow card.

Zouma, had on of those brainfarts that you malign Ruediger for

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 7:31am On Feb 16, 2021
Who you picking?

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 7:37am On Feb 16, 2021
airmark:

You and who knew?? If Ruediger had anticipated too much that he would cut to his left, we could have seen an Aubameyang Zouma situation.

There is nothing stopping Yarmolenko gliding to his right and driving an unstoppable shot past the goalie. Just like Messi did to Omeruo who had anticipated that he would cut to his left foot.

Ruediger tried to get the tackle right. The same cannot be said for Zouma who was completely wrong-footed by Auba.

Your hatred and agenda for the guy has made you gone petty and with it, you will end up making us feel sympathetic towards him, and hence the need to support his selection.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 7:54am On Feb 16, 2021
Unlimited22:

Omo the post you quoted shocked me.

Like say no be the same Christensen all of us Dey watch.

The guy has been playing like his brains have been scrambled ever since the day he passed the ball straight to Iniesta in the UCL R16 tie in 2018.

Last season, there was a game against crystal palace that the guy was maybe playing his PS4 in his head in the dying moments of a game we badly needed to win and would've cost us the game if Jordan Ayew had been a bit more useful and if Zouma hadn't made a brilliant last ditch tackle.

The guy lives in his imagination a lot.

I still wonder how someone who would lie on the floor until they score us because the ref didn't give him a foul have a great sense of awareness.

The phrase must surely mean something else to him.

The gif against Southampton this season where Zouma and Kepa performed their stand up comedy, who would believe that Christensen was ball watching as Zouma outpaced Che Adams to pass the ball to Kepa. A defender with an average defensive awareness would have anticipated that Che Adams might outpace Zouma because he actually was in better position to. Had Christensen reasoned this, he would have been in a more useful position when eventually Zouma somehow outpaced Che and made that wrong pass.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:36am On Feb 16, 2021
swiz123:

You and who knew?? If Ruediger had anticipated too much that he would cut to his left, we could have seen an Aubameyang Zouma situation.

There is nothing stopping Yarmolenko gliding to his right and driving an unstoppable shot past the goalie. Just like Messi did to Omeruo who had anticipated that he would cut to his left foot.

Ruediger tried to get the tackle right. The same cannot be said for Zouma who was completely wrong-footed by Auba.

Your hatred and agenda for the guy has made you gone petty and with it, you will end up making us feel sympathetic towards him, and hence the need to support his selection.

Why should he anticipate too much? Go and learn how great defenders jockey in 1v1 situations to force their attackers to play nonsense with their weaker feet before typing thousands of meaninless words.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BikeMan: 8:36am On Feb 16, 2021
Why is Raumdeuter supporting Rudiger? Buy am if you like him so much.

For me, the guy is the most unintelligent defender we have at Chelsea. Zouma this season has been cool and he doesn't deserve to sit on the bench if Rudiger didn't really meet with the board.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 8:39am On Feb 16, 2021
Tuchel talking to Fifth Stand app about #CFC midfielder Kovacic: "I love him. I could wake the guy at 3 at night and he will be at Cobham at 3.15 ready to give everything. I need to calm the guy down in training, that he's not doing too much. It's a pleasure to have him." Source: Simon Johnson

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10950) (10951) (10952) (10953) (10954) (10955) (10956) ... (19272) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BlueRayDick, OVA200(m), Realtord43, SamHarruna(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.