Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11642) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10433580 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11639) (11640) (11641) (11642) (11643) (11644) (11645) ... (19109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 10:20am On Jun 14, 2021
Havertz10:
[s] Pele had good players in the teams that he won the world cup with

Maradona singlehandly won the world cup for Argentina

the difference between a star and a moon is unfathomable, stars gives planets life, a moon is locked to the gravity of it's parent planet and enjoys all the benefits while assisting the planet with it's own small gravity

lewandowski is a star, giroud is a moon, I watched that world cup and nobody in their right senses will say that france deserved it, they played negative football and relied on counter to win games, the game against belgium was a disgrace, absolute robbery, they didn't give player of the tournament to france because none of them deserved it.

Which kind ridiculous comparison be that, nobody will remember giroud when he retires
[/s]

It's just banter. Learn to chill and stop writing Epistles on top normal trolling cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:24am On Jun 14, 2021
Trevor012:

Total summary of what happened.

After scoring two goals against Bulgaria, Giroud said in press conference that some players often don't pass the ball to him. The medias all blamed Mbappe by saying that Giroud was talking about him.

Deschamps quickly came in front of the journalists to put down the controversy. But it was too late the journalists only talked about Mbappe not passing to Giroud during the post-game analysis and the next few days in the newspapers/radios/TV.

Mbappé was furious and wanted to come to the medias to defend himself but Deschamps refused and sent Pogba for France first media day.

Yesterday was finally Mbappe's media day and journalists spoke about the story again asking him why he passes to Benzema more than Giroud. He responded very well by saying that he was disappointed that Giroud did not tell him directly but said it in front of the journalists. And he also explained that Benzema and Giroud have two different profiles. It is normal that he makes more passes to Benzema but that it is purely football and nothing personal because Giroud stay upfront while Benzema drop to participe to the build up and all.

So why will he be furious when he himself acknowledged that Giroud was right after all.

He should grow up.

Deschamps knew why he sent Pogba ahead of Mbappe for that initial presser. But for Mbappe to still habour resentment in his heart till almost a week later and still come out publicly to talk about it (something he was furious about earlier) is just childish.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 10:26am On Jun 14, 2021
timbros:

Giroud made the statement after the Bulgaria match. That was last Tuesday day, almost a week now.

According to reports, Mbappe wanted to come out public with his own statement at once on the matter, but was held back by the coach. Both Deschamps and Giroud have even tried to apologise and settle the matter internally.

Almost one week later, Mbappe is still carrying the matter in his heart and still had to talk about it. Now who is trying to undermine the team's spirit? No doubt, the journalist asked him about the incident, but must he comment on it?

It's ironical that Mbappe say he doesn't want to make a big story out of it but that's exactly what he just did.

He said he had no problem with what Giroud said, but his problem is coming out publicly to say it instead of tackling it internally, in the dressing room. My question is, does two wrongs make a right? Did he have to act like Giroud (coming out publicly) before he settle the matter? And, almost a week after the comment is made....

Mbappe should grow up abeg.

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2021/6/14/22532838/kylian-mbappe-doesnt-want-to-make-a-big-story-about-oliver-giroud-comments-makes-a-big-story-anyway

It's hypocrisy if u expect a 21 year old to act all matured and let his name be dragged for footballing decisions he took on the pitch for the good of the team as a whole.....but Giroud a 34 year old Giroud is allowed to act like a ninny and get away with it.

In fact u can excuse Mbappe's reaction for his age and youthful pump....the same cannot be said for Giroud's behavior.

Maybe Giroud being taunted for recording 0 shot on target at the world cup is what is making him go bananas, but as a senior player he should've known making such reckless statement already puts the team's spirit at risk.

They are both wrong, but Giroud started it. He will get the most blame if I'm to judge it fairly without any sentiments attached.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:27am On Jun 14, 2021
Trevor012:

It's just banter. Learn to chill and stop writing Epistles on top normal trolling cheesy cheesy

Why are you giving that guy relevance by replying him? Did you even read that epistle?

Every active moniker here knows why Nihilist brought up that comparison.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 10:29am On Jun 14, 2021
Trevor012:

I hope so, cause chelsea fans these days, they can hype anything
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 10:30am On Jun 14, 2021
timbros:

So why will he be furious when he himself acknowledged that Giroud was right after all.

He should grow up.

Deschamps knew why he sent Pogba ahead of Mbappe for that initial presser. But for Mbappe to still habour resentment in his heart till almost a week later and still come out publicly to talk about it (something he was furious about earlier) is just childish.
It's obvious you are hell bent on making mbappe the bad guy here. After playing a match and you see your name on all media platform accusing you of not passing to your teammate making it seems like you and the other player have an internal problem how would you react? Rightly he was furious and wanted to explain himself. He was asked a question during a press conference about the situation and explained brilliantly on why that is perfectly yet you are telling him to grow up. I tire for you o.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:30am On Jun 14, 2021
BlueRayDick:

It's hypocrisy if u expect a 21 year old to act all matured and let his name be dragged for footballing decisions he took on the pitch for the good of the team as a whole.....but Giroud a 34 year old Giroud is allowed to act like a ninny and get away with it.

In fact u can excuse Mbappe's reaction for his age and youthful pump....the same cannot be said for Giroud's behavior.

Maybe Giroud being taunted for recording 0 shot on target at the world cup is what is making him go bananas, but as a senior player he should've known making such reckless statement already puts the team's spirit at risk.

They are both wrong, but Giroud started it. He will get the most blame if I'm to judge it fairly without any sentiments attached.

That is the main thing. Simple.

Giroud starting it doesn't mean Mbappe should disobey the coach.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 14, 2021
nihilistjnr:
Raumdeuter Morning Sir

is Giroud > Lewandowski?

While he's at it, we are also waiting for his response to this grin

Unlimited22:
Mount - 1 UCL (including the assist for the winner and the clincher in the semi)

KDB - 0 UCL or Euro or World cup

Mount beasted the UCL semi and final.

Therefore, Mount >>>>>> KDB.

Raumdeuter, remember I don't make the rules. cool

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Burtonj: 10:31am On Jun 14, 2021
You guys here need to start ignoring some people
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 10:33am On Jun 14, 2021
BlueRayDick:

To me, Mbappe is not wrong
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 10:35am On Jun 14, 2021
izzou:

Exactly. I will be furious too if after a match and my name is everywhere with different journalist accusing me of not passing to my teammate. It's not something you just ignore and let fly.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 10:38am On Jun 14, 2021
timbros:

That is the main thing. Simple.

Giroud starting it doesn't mean Mbappe should disobey the coach.

How did Mbappe disobey the coach? By explaining the reason why Giroud gets less of the ball than Benzema?

Mbappe's explanation about the issue is relatable, he's not wrong in his assessment of Giroud and Benzema. That is to tell u whatever he or other attackers/midfielders feel about Giroud is not personal and didn't come from the place of hate.

It is left for the coach to now take a decision as he sees fit. I will also make clarifications if I was in Mbappe's shoes. Not everybody likes their name being dragged in the mud.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 14, 2021
izzou:

I share the same opinion. This is not the first time players have refused passing to another. Mane and Salah do it all the time, Benzema did it to Vinicius and was caught on camera advising another not to pass to him cheesy, Hazard is left isolated a lot of times and none of them has come in the open to b!tch about it. The moment Giroud decided to announce it to the world, Mbappe is well within his rights to respond.

I will do the same if in his shoes.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 10:39am On Jun 14, 2021
izzou:

It can be argued that he was wrong for going to the press like Giroud did,.....but he can justify it by claiming he had to clear his name.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:40am On Jun 14, 2021
Trevor012:

It's obvious you are hell bent on making mbappe the bad guy here. After playing a match and you see your name on all media platform accusing you of not passing to your teammate making it seems like you and the other player have an internal problem how would you react? Rightly he was furious and wanted to explain himself. He was asked a question during a press conference about the situation and explained brilliantly on why that is perfectly yet you are telling him to grow up. I tire for you o.

No. You must have seen my other comments where I accepted that Giroud was wrong for his comments.

But replying after almost a week later just to make your own point? That's where I am against Mbappe. Even the coach have tried to settle things internally. This is a total disregard for your coach and teammates which is not acceptable in any way.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 10:43am On Jun 14, 2021
timbros:

No. You must have seen my other comments where I accepted that Giroud was wrong for his comments.

But replying after almost a week later just to make your own point? That's where I am against Mbappe. Even the coach have tried to settle things internally. This is a total disregard for your coach and teammates which is not acceptable in any way.
Settling things internally does not stop him from setting things straight with the media. The media will keeping running the story until they get a good explanation which Mbappe provided.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:45am On Jun 14, 2021
BlueRayDick:

How did Mbappe disobey the coach? By explaining the reason why Giroud gets less of the ball than Benzema?

Mbappe's explanation about the issue is relatable, he's not wrong in his assessment of Giroud and Benzema. That is to tell u whatever he or other attackers/midfielders feel about Giroud is not personal and didn't come from the place of hate.

It is left for the coach to now take a decision as he sees fit. I will also make clarifications if I was in Mbappe's shoes. Not everybody likes their name being dragged in the mud.

Yes.

The coach doesn't want continued publicity of the incident that's why he sent Pogba for the presser instead of Mbappe.

The link I posted said that at least once, Giroud and Deschamps tried to apologise and settle the matter internally.

The next available opportunity, Mbappe didn't waste time to talk about it.

How is that not disobedience?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 10:45am On Jun 14, 2021
BlueRayDick:

It can be argued that he was wrong for going to the press like Giroud did,.....but he can justify it by claiming he had to clear his name.

But Giroud just called them out in front of the press.

Mbappe just had the balls to clear the air on that.

Giroud brought it to the public. Was he expecting no one to reply him?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MercylessMercy: 10:49am On Jun 14, 2021
Havertz10:
the difference between a star and a moon is unfathomable, stars give planets life, a moon is locked to the gravity of it's parent planet and enjoys all the benefits while assisting the planet with it's own small gravity

lewandowski is a star, giroud is a moon, I watched that world cup and nobody in their right senses will say that france deserved it, they played negative football and relied on counter to win games, the game against belgium was a disgrace, absolute robbery, they didn't give player of the tournament to france because none of them deserved it.

Which kind ridiculous comparison be that, nobody will remember giroud when he retires

Can you spare me the nonsense you wrote above and show me Lewadowski picture holding a world cup trophy according to amalanomics of Apari sports.

Where is Lewadowski International trophy?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 11:05am On Jun 14, 2021
Trevor012:

Settling things internally does not stop him from setting things straight with the media. The media will keeping running the story until they get a good explanation which Mbappe provided.

And if the press continue running the story without any further reply, will they call police?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:06am On Jun 14, 2021
BlueRayDick:

To be honest Mbappe totally dragged Giroud. Man basically said Giroud is a tap-in striker and Benzema is better.

Giroud will not take this well because he and Benzema have serious beef dating back to when Benzema called Giroud a Go-Kart while he is an F1 racing car

Mbappe just took sides in that argument while Benzema is laughing in the background.

Mbappe supposed to stay away from that beef and mind his business.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 11:09am On Jun 14, 2021
For the 1 billion time Mbappe was asked a question why he passes more to Benzema than Giroud and simply explained both are different kind of strikers with different pattern of play. Nothing to do with beef or picking sides
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:10am On Jun 14, 2021
hensben:
Ive never heard anybody bad mouth Mount offline, he is always been praised. As strange as Raumdeuter can be on football matters I’ve never heard him talk down on Mount so far. I told you before, do proper eye test on players not just hating simply because he chased your favorite out of his position. Are you aware firmino started as 10 but because his defensive side is not balance he had to be converted to false 9 just the way Havertz is going currently. Fabregas couldn’t balance his defensive side as number 10 in Barcelona, he had to be sold to bring in a more balance player in Rakitic. A balance midfielder is ten times preferred to a scoring one with no defensive ability. Pogba is inconsistent for Man U simply because he lack the defensive side of the game, he had to be baby sit by a quality dm to play good which we all are seeing in France. Man U have to sign a quality DM with work rate and passing ability if they want to see the best of pogba which they have failed to do. Pushing him into CM shows his versatility as a player, with him the coach have more options to put more attack when chasing a goal. If Havertz and co are prolific scorer we won’t be chasing a goal. You don’t know how tactics work.

If truly you did eye test on Mason mount,the only thing you will see is a player who wants to improve,that which i don't think its a bad thing,in fact it's a plus, cus such dedication can only lead a player far,order than that nothing else. No come here dey bobo us with balance this,balance that.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 11:17am On Jun 14, 2021
No wonder people like Lukaku has 62goals for Belgium, Yarmolenko 41, Lewandoski 66 even Ronaldo with 104goals for their respective countries. The amount of useless countries in Europe to statpad with is endless.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 11:18am On Jun 14, 2021
But how did Mbappe know Giroud was referring to him?

If Mbappe was sure Giroud was referring to him, that means he was not passing to him intentionally.

As for me, I can't come to you to discuss the wrong you did to me intentionally.... That is madness.

As for that rubbish he said about Benzema style of play, does he know how many strikers who their strength lie with their back to goal?

Just take a look at what became of Cavani and Icardi... Neymar and Mbappe rarely passed to them especially to Icardi but those two expect their striker to press defenders more.

Those two should try and play with Ighalo and see what it means to crack sense

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:23am On Jun 14, 2021
timbros:

All I see here is guilty conscience.

According to your screenshots, Giroud said "certain individuals". Since when is Mbappe's name "certain individuals"?

Mbappe should grow up abeg.

I watched that match and sincerely Mbappe deliberately didn't pass to Giroud many times and i wasn't surprised Giroud voiced it out.

Guilty conscience actually.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 11:24am On Jun 14, 2021
BlueAngel444:
Giroud isn't one to make such a complain except it is glaring obvious, secondly, Mbappe doesn't deny that he acted in such a manner nor does he apologize for it, instead he defends himself. Then even without his name being mentioned he responds with press and ignores him in training. There's more to it than what we read.

A striker cannot be open repeated times and you don't pass when you can.

If you compare the kind of service Benzema was getting and wasting to the the ones Giroud got.

I think Benzema has fingered that boy's brain to be acting like that even though Giroud messed up with his yarn to the press. Nevertheless, he has gone to make ammends like a big brother, only for that boy to ignore him.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:28am On Jun 14, 2021
Capaldi:
No wonder people like Lukaku has 62goals for Belgium, Yarmolenko 41, Lewandoski 66 even Ronaldo with 104goals for their respective countries. The amount of useless countries in Europe to statpad with is endless.

The Asians should be worse which is why people like Ali Daiea hold world record. I think Japan even has one guy that played till his 40s.

I would say Europe is normal. Central America also have a lot of Surinam, Montserrat, US Virgin Islands etc teams. Even in Africa, we have Comoros, Sao Tome, Madagascar and co.

It's only in South America that all ten teams are solid.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:29am On Jun 14, 2021
OJURONGBE1:
I watched a repeat bc of inter milan game against Atlanta and i can't wrap my head around the hype of Hakimi Achiraf. Though, one cannot judge a player based on a single match but i have my reservations even from the YouTube videos I've seen.
This one will be smoked in the EPL. He's a Trent Arnold wannabe but a liability defensively.
Also, he seem like someone who would be ripped apart in a 4-4-2 formation.
£60m for this one? undecided
Him no worth am.

I don't even know the Hakimi Achiraf,but If you describe him as an Arnold wannabe and a defensive liability, I will choose him over and over again his counterparts that sucks in attack and excellent at defending. The case of that former real Madrid Portuguese left back and Marcelo should easily tell us which quality we should prioritise.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 11:30am On Jun 14, 2021
Capaldi:
Policemen, lawyer, store clerk cheesy cheesy. Even coach as top 9 grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 11:31am On Jun 14, 2021
swiz123:
But how did Mbappe know Giroud was referring to him?

If Mbappe was sure Giroud was referring to him, that means he was not passing to him intentionally.

As for me, I can't come to you to discuss the wrong you did to me intentionally.... That is madness.

As for that rubbish he said about Benzema style of play, does he know how many strikers who their strength lie with their back to goal?

Just take a look at what became of Cavani and Icardi... Neymar and Mbappe rarely passed to them especially to Icardi but those two expect their striker to press defenders more

Those two should try and play with Ighalo and see what it means to crack sense

Spot on bro.
Giroud allowed Mbappe & Griezmann to thrive during the 2018 world cup. Regardless of what people said about him not scoring a goal at that tournament. His play drew defenders to him, thereby allowing his forwards the space to make runs.
Firmino does that kinda thing at Liverpool but nobody talks about him often like they do for Mo Salah & Mane.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 11:31am On Jun 14, 2021
seankafor:
I just received a call that my dad just passed on..

Well, death is a debt everyone must pay so am not much surprised it's my dad's turn to pay up... Although didn't fathom it could be this early

Anyways I believe he is in a better place now cheesy cool
my condolences.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11639) (11640) (11641) (11642) (11643) (11644) (11645) ... (19109) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: larride(m), WhoDeyHause, Colson(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.