Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,892 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11643) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10467304 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11640) (11641) (11642) (11643) (11644) (11645) (11646) ... (19130) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 11:31am On Jun 14, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

I think Benzema has fingered that boy's brain to be acting like that even though Giroud messed up with his yarn to the press. Nevertheless, he has gone to make ammends like a big brother, only for that boy to ignore him.

Giroud the older and more experienced player made the crucial mistake by bringing it to the press.
He is over a decade older and acted like a teenager.

Someone of his experience should know that there is absolutely no benefit to taking that accusation to the press, especially during or just before a major tournament. There are however potential crippling negatives to it.

They both acted like immature small boys, the problem is that Giroud is an old man with grey hair.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Actman05: 11:32am On Jun 14, 2021
donstan18:
Harvertz run am for your boy.

I’m a big fan
Hahahahaha
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:32am On Jun 14, 2021
seankafor:
I just received a call that my dad just passed on..

Well, death is a debt everyone must pay so am not much surprised it's my dad's turn to pay up... Although didn't fathom it could be this early

Anyways I believe he is in a better place now cheesy cool

Sorry bro.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Actman05: 11:35am On Jun 14, 2021
donstan18:
Harvertz with the killer passes
Nice
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:37am On Jun 14, 2021
Trevor012:

Total summary of what happened.

After scoring two goals against Bulgaria, Giroud said in press conference that some players often don't pass the ball to him. The medias all blamed Mbappe by saying that Giroud was talking about him.

Deschamps quickly came in front of the journalists to put down the controversy. But it was too late the journalists only talked about Mbappe not passing to Giroud during the post-game analysis and the next few days in the newspapers/radios/TV.

Mbappé was furious and wanted to come to the medias to defend himself but Deschamps refused and sent Pogba for France first media day.

Yesterday was finally Mbappe's media day and journalists spoke about the story again asking him why he passes to Benzema more than Giroud. He responded very well by saying that he was disappointed that Giroud did not tell him directly but said it in front of the journalists. And he also explained that Benzema and Giroud have two different profiles. It is normal that he makes more passes to Benzema but that it is purely football and nothing personal because Giroud stay upfront while Benzema drop to participe to the build up and all.

He didn't need this explanation again as Giroud was said to have gone to appologise to him despite not even mentioning his name in the said interview. ''No comment on the issue as it has been resolved'' would have been enough from him to the journalist that asked him about the issue.

Trying to say Giroud unlike Benzema, doesn't involve in build ups or so, is nonsense. I actually watched the match and Mbappe was guilty of not passing to Giroud many times both in the box and outside of it.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 11:42am On Jun 14, 2021
BlueMann:
Meanwhile Sarri wants Kepa back. Lazio looking to bring him in on loan, and they'll pay half of his wages.

Can God just answer this prayer?
Will be so happy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:42am On Jun 14, 2021
Capaldi:
No wonder people like Lukaku has 62goals for Belgium, Yarmolenko 41, Lewandoski 66 even Ronaldo with 104goals for their respective countries. The amount of useless countries in Europe to statpad with is endless.

grin angry angry angry angry angry grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:43am On Jun 14, 2021
Just learned yesterday that Daley Blind has suffered two cardiac arrests and is still playing. I think I heard about the first one. Maybe there is hope for Eriksen to continue his career.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 11:43am On Jun 14, 2021
timbros:

All I see here is guilty conscience.

According to your screenshots, Giroud said "certain individuals". Since when is Mbappe's name "certain individuals"?

Mbappe should grow up abeg.
Exactly my thoughts.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 11:44am On Jun 14, 2021
seankafor:

Well, death is a debt everyone must pay so am not much surprised it's my dad's turn to pay up... Although didn't fathom it could be this early

may his soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 11:52am On Jun 14, 2021
afrodoc2:

Giroud is a hyena striker. Mbappe does not like hyenas.
I read on Reddit that he was captured saying he is tired of Inzaghi(s). I guess icardi was dragged into the matter too. Disrespect to Inzaghi though. Man is a World Cup and Multiple Champions league winner. cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 11:53am On Jun 14, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Maybe u should see it as a case of Mbappe being bold where Giroud decides to act as a coward.

Giroud did wrong going to the press with such issue instead of taking it up with his teammates. He acted as coward by making such blank statements ; mbappe on the other hand knows Giroud was talking about the attackers/midfielders (himself inclusive ) not passing the ball to him as frequently as he would’ve love..... so he took the bull by the horn and called him out the same way he did his teammates.

Initially I thought Mbappe was wrong to have gone to the press saying all that , but when I knew Giroud started it ......mehn I think Giroud deserves what he’s got.
Giroud would have controlled himself and not say such in the public for the sake of the team, but is Mbappe the only teammate or attacker? Why must he be the one to talk about it in the press conference?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 11:54am On Jun 14, 2021
BlueAngel444:
Giroud isn't one to make such a complain except it is glaring obvious, secondly, Mbappe doesn't deny that he acted in such a manner nor does he apologize for it, instead he defends himself. Then even without his name being mentioned he responds with press and ignores him in training. There's more to it than what we read.

A striker cannot be open repeated times and you don't pass when you can.

If you compare the kind of service Benzema was getting and wasting to the the ones Giroud got.
Exactly.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:55am On Jun 14, 2021
Ibime:

To be honest Mbappe totally dragged Giroud. Man basically said Giroud is a tap-in striker and Benzema is better.

Giroud will not take this well because he and Benzema have serious beef dating back to when Benzema called Giroud a Go-Kart while he is an F1 racing car

Mbappe just took sides in that argument while Benzema is laughing in the background.

Mbappe supposed to stay away from that beef and mind his business.

Exactly.

If you watch Mbappe's reaction even when Giroud scored his first goal in the match, you will know that there is more to it among the trio.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 11:57am On Jun 14, 2021
Mbappe made me proud by dragging Giroud too.

Salah and Mane have had little misunderstandings in matches, which is very clear to us, but you don't see them dragging the team or each other in the media.

Benzema dey hustle for ball, so it's very clear that he should get passes more than Giroud.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 11:58am On Jun 14, 2021
Havertz10:
the difference between a star and a moon is unfathomable, stars give planets life, a moon is locked to the gravity of it's parent planet and enjoys all the benefits while assisting the planet with it's own small gravity

lewandowski is a star, giroud is a moon, I watched that world cup and nobody in their right senses will say that france deserved it, they played negative football and relied on counter to win games, the game against belgium was a disgrace, absolute robbery, they didn't give player of the tournament to france because none of them deserved it.

Which kind ridiculous comparison be that, nobody will remember giroud when he retires

Stop talking nonsense. When did counter attack style stop being a style of football? Leicester did not deserve their league title, too?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 12:03pm On Jun 14, 2021
swiz123:
But how did Mbappe know Giroud was referring to him?

If Mbappe was sure Giroud was referring to him, that means he was not passing to him intentionally.

As for me, I can't come to you to discuss the wrong you did to me intentionally.... That is madness.

As for that rubbish he said about Benzema style of play, does he know how many strikers who their strength lie with their back to goal?

Just take a look at what became of Cavani and Icardi... Neymar and Mbappe rarely passed to them especially to Icardi but those two expect their striker to press defenders more.

Those two should try and play with Ighalo and see what it means to crack sense

Icardi is sh.it, and lazy, and he’s also off the wave length of Mbappe or Neymar or Di Maria at Psg. He is not right for that PSG system. Neymar and Mbappe don’t play to supply Icardi, he plays to supply them like firmino does to Mane and Salah which is not Icardi pattern of play.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 12:14pm On Jun 14, 2021
Another angle is that Mbappe is half-Algerian so he probably feels some sense of kinship with Benzema. Giroud has to be careful so they don't use African/Berber parapo to ostracize him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 12:17pm On Jun 14, 2021
afrodoc2:

Giroud the older and more experienced player made the crucial mistake by bringing it to the press.
He is over a decade older and acted like a teenager.

Someone of his experience should know that there is absolutely no benefit to taking that accusation to the press, especially during or just before a major tournament.
There are however potential crippling negatives to it.

They both acted like immature small boys, the problem is that Giroud is an old man with grey hair.

Exactly!

This is what I think. Giroud is a 4cking 34 year old, of he can't act his age why should anybody expect a 21 year old to "grow up"? Grow up to what exactly? Grow up to be a ninny tgat runs to the media at the slightest internal issue with his fellow countryman?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:17pm On Jun 14, 2021
izzou:

Salah and Mane have had little misunderstandings in matches, which is very clear to us, but you don't see them dragging the team or each other in the media.

Benzema dey hustle for ball, so it's very clear that he should get passes more than Giroud.

So because Giroud no dey hustle for ball if you see him in a better position to score you will rather balloon the ball?

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 12:20pm On Jun 14, 2021
izzou:

That is just as bad bro. It a quarrel and in both cases happened on screen.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 12:21pm On Jun 14, 2021
Greatihex:
Giroud would have controlled himself and not say such in the public for the sake of the team, but is Mbappe the only teammate or attacker? Why must he be the one to talk about it in the press conference?

Well, other teammates were not asked about Giroud's comment.....Mbappe was asked and he explained his own side of the story. You don't expect Mbappe to lie, do u?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 12:22pm On Jun 14, 2021
Unrelated but

Beeteecee traders here
Can you explain what the NgN fiat balance in binnaceeee means and the use

Ccibime
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DumaEmpire(m): 12:26pm On Jun 14, 2021
drisham:
Unrelated but

Beeteecee traders here
Can you explain what the NgN fiat balance in binnaceeee means and the use

Ccibime
Go Crypto trade ask na.

We have more pressing matters here grin
I'm enjoying the Mbappe vs Giroud saga

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by monerozi5590: 12:27pm On Jun 14, 2021
airmark:

So because Giroud no dey hustle for ball if you see him in a better position to score you will rather balloon the ball?

Good question.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 12:30pm On Jun 14, 2021
Ibime:

To be honest Mbappe totally dragged Giroud. Man basically said Giroud is a tap-in striker and Benzema is better.

Giroud will not take this well because he and Benzema have serious beef dating back to when Benzema called Giroud a Go-Kart while he is an F1 racing car

Mbappe just took sides in that argument while Benzema is laughing in the background.

Mbappe supposed to stay away from that beef and mind his business.

Giroud should've respected his old age and focus on doing his best for the country instead of running to the press over an internal issue.

Let's agree Mbappe doesn't rate him and has been looking for ways to roast him in the past, Giroud gave him that opening by running to the media.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 12:33pm On Jun 14, 2021
DumaEmpire:
Go Crypto trade ask na.

We have more pressing matters here grin
I'm enjoying the Mbappe vs Giroud saga

Me sef I'm just getting a hold of the gist grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 12:46pm On Jun 14, 2021
popizaino:

If truly you did eye test on Mason mount,the only thing you will see is a player who wants to improve,that which i don't think its a bad thing,in fact it's a plus, cus such dedication can only lead a player far,order than that nothing else. No come here dey bobo us with balance this,balance that.
Of course he still improving but doesn’t change the fact that his style of play balance defense and attack.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by schurley(m): 12:58pm On Jun 14, 2021
seankafor:

God rest his soul In peace, take heart bro cry

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 1:10pm On Jun 14, 2021
MercylessMercy:

Can you spare me the nonsense you wrote above and show me Lewadowski picture holding a world cup trophy according to amalanomics of Apari sports.

Where is Lewadowski International trophy?
Lewandowski plays for Poland, giroud plays for france

One has a team of stars behind him, the other is the star of his team, it's ridiculous, comparing both nationally
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 1:21pm On Jun 14, 2021
Havertz10:
Lewandowski plays for Poland, giroud plays for france

One has a team of stars behind him, the other is the star of his team, it's ridiculous, comparing both nationally

Tell that to Greece who knocked out defending Champions France on the way to winning Euro 2004.

Btw, you maybe don't seem to understand the origin of my post, if not you wouldn't be doing all this Shalaye

16 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 1:49pm On Jun 14, 2021
seankafor:

My condolences bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11640) (11641) (11642) (11643) (11644) (11645) (11646) ... (19130) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: VillageBus(m), Vischy, PendragonVII, swiz123(m), NinjaMetahuman, pkasso(m), zeusis(m), Geld(m), Leyqute(m), Trevor012(m), MonsieurCoder, popizaino(m), hatakekakashi and 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.