Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,169 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11969) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10587756 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11966) (11967) (11968) (11969) (11970) (11971) (11972) ... (19239) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 1:11pm On Jul 08, 2021
Jodera:
it's not irrelevant.
I asked you about top teams in England, since you've given top teams in Spain. Thought we were talking about Kane and messi here.

Isn't it the leagues both the players are representing?
You asked an irrelevant question. A Barca fan make a ridiculous comment trying to paint Villarreal, Sociedad etc as big teams so I shut him down. I am making my case against Messi so it's your perogative to make your own case against Kane not asking me jamb question.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:11pm On Jul 08, 2021
raumdeuter:

This is not true and are just excuse to cover the ineptitude of the English teams all these years

Many teams have won major tournaments and are far from complete

2018 France won the world cup with a striking black hole called Giroud
2016 Every dept in Portugal was incomplete yet won the Euros, the defence was Fonte Cedric and Pepe, midfield Moutinho Renato, Attack Eder
2014 Germany basically played without a left wing with Howedes and Ozil on the left
2010 2012 Spain played without a striker thoughout and carrying ninnies like Busquets, unproductive Iniesta and liability Fabregas(Going by your assesment of them)
2008 Once again Ninnies like Fabregas and unproductive Iniesta
2006 Italy had to use Materazzi and Grosso
2004 The less said about Greece the better cos every dept looked like a weak point
2002 Brazil won a world cup with Juan, Roque Junior, Kleberson and Lucio as the defensive spine

England in the Lampard years were more complete than most of these winners yet they failed to win

If England wins this Euro, Its a shame to Lampard Terry Rio and their set

This is rubbish and comparing apples with oranges.

None of these are structural problems just minor irritations.

When a team get it's structure right, it will be ready to win. No England.manager took the hard decision to get the structure right and wasted those guys International careers pandering to Beckham for the most part of their careers.

There is reason why Kanu and Yakubu could not win AFCON despite playing multiple tournaments with more illustrious names (on paper) but as soon as Nigeria got it's structure right, Stephen Mba, Brown Ideye and Emenike were able to do so.

When Spain was ready to win, they waffed Raul and said they are not playing 2 striker formation to accommodate Raul again. That was what birthed the 2008 generation - a change of structure.

Like I said England wasted these players prime careers pandering to David Beckham and 4-4-2 formation. Imagine Gerrard playing DM and Lampard CM in a midfield two while Paul Scholes was moved out to the left wing. Is that where they play for their clubs? So all you have is names on paper without getting the qualities out of the players. Paul Scholes even had to quit in disgust at this mismanagement of their talents. Like I always say in football, if you don't have a defensive midfielder, you are not ready to win. And worse if you play two attacking midfielders in an outdated midfield 2 just to fit names on a teamsheet while every other team has moved to 3 central midfielders.

Every example you gave above are minor irritations, not structural issues.

You say Spain didn't have a striker. That's because they chose not to play with a striker. They still have David Villa, Guiza, Alvaro Negredo if they want. It's their choice to go with David Silva upfront. And we are talking David Silva, not Emile Heskey or Peter Crouch that England were forced to use.

Ozil always played left-wing for Germany cutting inside as Muller always had the AM position. It's their choice. They could still use Gotze or Schurrle there if they want, not having to rely on an Aaron Lennon or a Shaun Wright Phillips. It's not like they were back to the days of relying on David Odonkor or Asamoah to fill that position.

Any other thing you mentioned is just trolling talks and is not valid. Fabregas was a great AM in the 2000s. How is having Fabregas playing AM for Spain in 2008 an impediment?

The only team there that fought against the odds were Greece and Portugal, but at the very least they had a clear 4-5-1 structure and parked bus throughout the tournament. That does not make that Portugal team better than the team of Costinha, Maniche, Deco, Figo, Ronaldo. Some luck is still involved.

End of the day, England coaches mismanaged their players and were the only big team going to tournaments with 4-4-2 formation in order to fit in a certain David Beckham, completely ruining the structure of the team. There were also poor players making up the squad. Many legends were wasted and are on this table, not only Lampard but Gerrard and Scholes too. Bring any of them into this current England team and they are walking into the team and winning the tournament.

All this talk can only fool those without a first hand experience of the tactical details of that era.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 1:12pm On Jul 08, 2021
Trevor012:

Alaye calm down. Trying to perform forced love for England all of a sudden cheesy cheesy

Trevor grin postdigger aye
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 1:12pm On Jul 08, 2021
airmark:

Stop all these shalayes as i also watched the match and i picked it because it was highly physical.

The emboldened below was wrong and nothing can validate it.

Ok he might have exaggerated but wasn't he close to the truth? Was the referee not stopping the match almost every now and then for long periods for fouls? Thank God ram deuter viewed the match also, We'll also see what he has to say
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 1:13pm On Jul 08, 2021
drisham:

Trevor grin postdigger aye
Exposing people is my hubby cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 1:15pm On Jul 08, 2021
I have more receipt o. Where is the hypocrite grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by arukwe123(m): 1:16pm On Jul 08, 2021
Capaldi:

You asked an irrelevant question. A Barca fan make a ridiculous comment trying to paint Villarreal, Sociedad etc as big teams so I shut him down. I am making my case against Messi so it's your perogative to make your own case against Kane not asking me jamb question.
i am not a barca fan and you didn't shut me down. You are just twisting argument.
The image above are top teams in Spain according to Google search. So list the top teams in England

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 1:16pm On Jul 08, 2021
Capaldi:

it's not irrelevant. You know you answering the question will prove the arukwe guy right that most of those teams he called are actually top teams thus proving your claim wrong.

The only way not to fall for your trap is to dodge it. Smart you!! grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 1:19pm On Jul 08, 2021
Jodera:
it's not irrelevant. You know you answering the question will prove the guy right that most of those teams he called are actually top teams thus proving your claim wrong.

There is no dodging here. When you want to counter an argument you bring up your opposing view which you didn't bring but preceded to ask me an irrelevant question.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by arukwe123(m): 1:20pm On Jul 08, 2021
Jodera:
it's not irrelevant. You know you answering the question will prove the arukwe guy right that most of those teams he called are actually top teams thus proving your claim wrong.

he think say him wise. Na mumu man grin cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 1:21pm On Jul 08, 2021
arukwe123:
i am not a barca fan and you didn't shut me down. You are just twisting argument.
The image above are top teams in Spain according to Google search. So list the top teams in England
Sevilla, Bilbao, Real Sociedad, Villarreal, Valencia top clubs in la Liga how? ....when last did those teams win your league?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 1:22pm On Jul 08, 2021
Capaldi:

There is no dodging here. When you want to counter an argument you bring up your opposing view which you didn't bring but preceded to ask me an irrelevant question.
And who told you bringing an opposing view don't involve asking questions?

Like I said, you are just playing smart by dodging
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by arukwe123(m): 1:22pm On Jul 08, 2021
Capaldi:

Am sure they are also top teams in Albanian and icelandic League if I use Google search too.
of course. Top teams in their league. wink
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 1:23pm On Jul 08, 2021
Jodera:

Leave am jare, grin most people just think quality football starts and end in England, Me that has watched Basque derbies, Sevilla vs Valencia, Huesca vs Granada, even the recently concluded segunda B promotion playoffs before the euros, Thank God he didn't quote me grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 1:23pm On Jul 08, 2021
Jodera:
And who told you bringing an opposing view don't involve asking questions?

Like I said, you are just playing smart by dodging
It doesn't with me. You don't ask me irrelevant question. When you have a point you say it and not asking questions.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 1:24pm On Jul 08, 2021
arukwe123:
of course. Top teams in their league. wink
So now explain how Villarreal is a top team?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by arukwe123(m): 1:24pm On Jul 08, 2021
Capaldi:

Sevilla, Bilbao, Real Sociedad, Villarreal, Valencia top clubs in la Liga how? ....when last did those teams win your league?
when last did Arsenal, Manutd win their league?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 1:24pm On Jul 08, 2021
arukwe123:
he think say him wise. Na mumu man grin cheesy
cheesy grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 1:26pm On Jul 08, 2021
arukwe123:
when last did Arsenal, Manutd win their league?
Arsenal 14league titles, United 20league titles. No explanation needed. Now provide Sevilla, Bilbao, Real Sociedad, Villarreal, Valencia own let's see the so called top teams?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 1:27pm On Jul 08, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Leave am jare, grin most people just think quality football starts and end in England, Me that has watched Basque derbies, Sevilla vs Valencia, Huesca vs Granada, even the recently concluded segunda B promotion playoffs before the euros, Thank God he didn't quote me grin
Lol...
Na for here we dey hear many different things
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 1:28pm On Jul 08, 2021
First picture look at India 1980s

2nd picture look at the same India 2017

Children are inheriting poverty in Nigeria

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 1:28pm On Jul 08, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Leave am jare, grin most people just think quality football starts and end in England,
Me that has watched Basque derbies, Sevilla vs Valencia, Huesca vs Granada, even the recently concluded segunda B promotion playoffs before the euros,
Thank God he didn't quote me grin
I also witnessed world war 1 to 3 and invented electricity.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 1:31pm On Jul 08, 2021
Capaldi:

It doesn't with me. You don't ask me irrelevant question. When you have a point you say it and not asking questions.
Well... It's your own personal opinion, so lemme just respect it since you personalized it.

But just so you know, generally, a question can be used to air an opposing view
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Odunharry(m): 1:32pm On Jul 08, 2021
People dey downgrade Messi though..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 1:33pm On Jul 08, 2021
Jodera:
Lol...
Na for here we dey hear many different things
Maybe he thinks I'm a chelsea fan
If Kane likes let him score 15 goals against Italy in the first half, sub himself out and become the coach for the second half, Top 5 podium for ballon d or him no go see, Most people have forgotten mbappe is still in the running even though his chances have reduced, The UCL came to England for the second time in 3years but they want to turn the ballon d or to a low Budget speech and prize giving day ceremony
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 1:34pm On Jul 08, 2021
Capaldi:

Arsenal 14league titles, United 20league titles. No explanation needed. Now provide Sevilla, Bilbao, Real Sociedad, Villarreal, Valencia own let's see the so called top teams?
Lol, so presently with your logic arsenal is more of a top team than Chelsea and Manchester city?

Wow... As an arsenal fan, I'll accept that grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by arukwe123(m): 1:34pm On Jul 08, 2021
Capaldi:

Arsenal 14league titles, United 20league titles. Now explanation needed. Now provide Sevilla, Bilbao, Real Sociedad, Villarreal, Valencia own let's see the so called top teams?
bilbao 8 league titles. Valencia 6 league titles Sociedad 2 league titles Sevilla 1
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 1:35pm On Jul 08, 2021
Odunharry:
People dey downgrade Messi though..
He downgraded himself when he started disappearing against the top teams.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Odunharry(m): 1:36pm On Jul 08, 2021
Capaldi:

Lol. Uruguay and Colombia are small teams??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 1:37pm On Jul 08, 2021
Nigerian population in the 70s

Nigerian population today

Stop having plenty children una no go hear

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by arukwe123(m): 1:39pm On Jul 08, 2021
Capaldi:

still waiting for your reply to my post
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 1:39pm On Jul 08, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Maybe he thinks I'm a chelsea fan
If Kane likes let him score 15 goals against Italy in the first half, sub himself out and become the coach for the second half, Top 5 podium for ballon d or him no go see, Most people have forgotten mbappe is still in the running even though his chances have reduced, The UCL came to England for the second time in 3years but they want to turn the ballon d or to a low Budget speech and prize giving day ceremony
Lol... I'm sure Kane wasn't even in top 8 before euros but somehow somehow, 2 goals 3 goals between Germany and Ukraine have shot him up to top 2.

Nice cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11966) (11967) (11968) (11969) (11970) (11971) (11972) ... (19239) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Datakey and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.