Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,374 members, 7,829,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5865) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10587119 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5862) (5863) (5864) (5865) (5866) (5867) (5868) ... (19239) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NOBODYY: 4:45pm On Aug 22, 2018
raumdeuter:

WHen did Ozil and Eriksen join the EPL and how many minutes have they played. Imagine comparing him to Mata who has stopped being a regular since Mourinho joined Chelsea in 2014

KDB topped assist charts twice in 3 seasons and Hazard never topped once in 6 seasons

All the above listed names take set pieces, Hazard doesn't.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 4:46pm On Aug 22, 2018
raumdeuter:

The chances created too differ in quality. A chance served for a goal line tap in and a pass given to the back of a striker isnt the same
One could argue that goals are goals no matter how difficult or easy to score.
Harry Kane won the golden boot with three penalties and a shot that deflected off him that he knew nothing about.
I agree chances differ in quality, but at least half of the chances created will be 'qualitative', logically speaking, if we choose to class them that way.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:47pm On Aug 22, 2018
Unlimited22:

That's what I'm saying.
I will always use chances created as a very important metric in judging attackers.

Chance created are not of the same quality, end of last season I showed some of the chances City attackers give Aguero which only require a tapin unlike a pass given to a striker where he had to use his own effort

All in all, assists even out the easy chances and tough chances over a season

If Hazard is having 4,5 and 4 assists despite playing with Morata and Costa(who you called one of the best attackers) and players like Willian and Fabregas are having more assists then the problem isnt the strikers but Hazard himself

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:48pm On Aug 22, 2018
NOBODYY:

Hazard takes penalties
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilstjnr: 4:48pm On Aug 22, 2018
raumdeuter:

The chances created too differ in quality. A chance served for a goal line tap in and a pass given to the back of a striker isnt the same

but if the ball that goes to the back of the striker is converted, the supplying player gets the credit for an assist...despite the pass being terrible.

E.g Kane against Panama - RLC assist.

if you're not discriminating assists based on quality, why are you discriminating chances created based on quality?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:50pm On Aug 22, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

but if the ball that goes to the back of the striker is converted, the supplying player gets the credit for an assist...despite the pass being terrible.

E.g Kane against Panama - RLC assist.

if you're not discriminating assists based on quality, why are you discriminating chances created based on quality?

Over a season these tough and easy chances even themselves out and if we have a player like Hazard over the past 3 seasons playing with different strikers have 4, 5 and 4 assists then it shows the problem isnt the strikers but Hazard himself
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 4:51pm On Aug 22, 2018
raumdeuter:

Chance created are not of the same quality, end of last season I showed some of the chances City attackers give Aguero which only require a tapin unlike a pass given to a striker where he had to use his own effort

All in all, assists even out the easy chances and tough chances over a season

If Hazard is having 4,5 and 4 assists despite playing with Morata and Costa(who you called one of the best attackers) and players like Willian and Fabregas are having more assists then the problem isnt the strikers but Hazard himself
Willian and Fabregas both take set pieces.
And even the best strikers have their off days. Look at their shot conversion rates and you'll see what I'm saying.
And there are assists that are even inadvertent but still count.
If all goals and assists count, all chances created should count too.
Also how about the next metric, key passes?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 4:53pm On Aug 22, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

no spoil am for me na?

I'm starting episode 2 on the train home in 30 minutes
no let me vex for you. Where can I download this
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilstjnr: 4:54pm On Aug 22, 2018
raumdeuter:

Over a season these tough and easy chances even themselves out and if we have a player like Hazard over the past 3 seasons playing with different strikers have 4, 5 and 4 assists then it shows the problem isnt the strikers but Hazard himself

maybe if hazard was playing with a finished striker like Aguero instead of ediots like demba ba, old man Etoo, and Morata maybe his numbers would be better

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 4:55pm On Aug 22, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

maybe if hazard was playing with a finished striker like Aguero instead of ediots like demba ba, old man Etoo, and Morata maybe his numbers would be better
You forgot Fernandud
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilstjnr: 4:56pm On Aug 22, 2018
lordfalcao:
no let me vex for you. Where can I download this

grin grin

abeg no vex for me o!

I have an Amazon prime account so i get prime videos for free.

try the usual download places na?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:57pm On Aug 22, 2018
Unlimited22:

Willian and Fabregas both take set pieces.
And even the best strikers have their off days. Look at their shot conversion rates and you'll see what I'm saying.
And there are assists that are even inadvertent but still count.
If all goals and assists count, all chances created should count too.
Also how about the next metric, key passes?

Fabregas is farther from goal and Willian isn't even a regular.

In the past 3 seasons in the league

Hazard 13 assists
Fabregas 23 assists
Willian 19 assists

Despite that Hazard plays closer to goal than any of the 3 and they were all serving the same attacker

Fabregas and Willian have enjoyed significant minutes on the bench in those 3 seasons

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:58pm On Aug 22, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

Of those 3 seasons Hazard played with Costa one of the best strikers in the world, SO the quality of striker excuse goes out

In those 3 seasons fabregas and Willian who play with the same set of players have more assists despite playing deeper and getting benched a lot this further tells us the problem is Hazard

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 4:58pm On Aug 22, 2018
raumdeuter:

WHen did Ozil and Eriksen join the EPL and how many minutes have they played. Imagine comparing him to Mata who has stopped being a regular since Mourinho joined Chelsea in 2014

KDB topped assist charts twice in 3 seasons and Hazard never topped once in 6 seasons

Check the dictionary for the meaning of a fraud if you dont se Hazard in front

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 4:59pm On Aug 22, 2018
raumdeuter:

Fabregas is farther from goal and Willian isn't even a regular.

In the past 3 seasons in the league

Hazard 13 assists
Fabregas 23 assists
Willian 19 assists

Despite that Hazard plays closer to goal than any of the 3 and they were all serving the same attacker

Fabregas and Willian have enjoyed significant minutes on the bench in those 3 seasons
The 15/16 season was a blip.
And you haven't accounted for set pieces.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 5:00pm On Aug 22, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

grin grin

abeg no vex for me o!

I have an Amazon prime account so i get prime videos for free.

try the usual download places na?
which website go get am?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:02pm On Aug 22, 2018
Unlimited22:

The 15/16 season was a blip.
And you haven't accounted for set pieces.

2015/16 4 league assists
2016/17 5 league assists
2017/18 4 league assists

So which of them was the blip or Hazard has been having 3 back to back blip seasons

first season B-L-I-P
second season B-L-O-P
Third season F-L-O-P

That is where Hazard is currently a FLOP

The gains in setpieces should be offset by the fact that Hazard is a regular who plays closer to goal

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:03pm On Aug 22, 2018
obainojazz:
We are trying to get there, lewandoski is only trying to go to Madrid... So he'll be carried along.
Which Madrid, Chelsea was his only hope of escape undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:05pm On Aug 22, 2018
raumdeuter:

That is because chance created often leads to assists. Its like using shots taken to judge strikers not actually goals scored
There is also a reason no one gives assist leaders a goddamn spoon.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:07pm On Aug 22, 2018
BlueAngel444:

There is also a reason no one gives assist leaders a goddamn spoon.

You havent noticed almost everyone here is ignoring your posts?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 5:07pm On Aug 22, 2018
raumdeuter:

2015/16 4 league assists
2016/17 5 league assists
2017/18 4 league assists

So which of them was the blip or Hazard has been having 3 back to back blip seasons

first season B-L-I-P
second season B-L-O-P
Third season F-L-O-P

That is where Hazard is currently a FLOP

The gains in setpieces should be offset by the fact that Hazard is a regular who plays closer to goal
Very soon Quavo and Takeoff will join grin grin
Now, if you factor in his total goal contributions, chances created, key passes and dribbles completed, you'll see why that season is a blip.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilstjnr: 5:08pm On Aug 22, 2018
raumdeuter:

Of those 3 seasons Hazard played with Costa one of the best strikers in the world, SO the quality of striker excuse goes out

In those 3 seasons fabregas and Willian who play with the same set of players have more assists despite playing deeper and getting benched a lot this further tells us the problem is Hazard

Hazard and Costa have been the only 2 real goal threats in the last 3 seasons.

So of course, his assist numbers will be down while his goal scoring numbers will be up.

Last season, Hazard was Chelsea top scorer in all competitions with 16 goals. That explains how dire the situation was at the club. If there's no other goal threat who is hazard supposed to crrate for?

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:08pm On Aug 22, 2018
NOBODYY:

Ya and there is something called chances created from open play.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:09pm On Aug 22, 2018
Unlimited22:

Very soon Quavo and Takeoff will join grin grin
Now, if you factor in his total goal contributions, chances created, key passes and dribbles completed, you'll see why that season is a blip.

Is that why he had 4 5 and 4 assists in back to back 3 seasons as the main creative outlet of the team?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 5:09pm On Aug 22, 2018
raumdeuter:

Is that why he had 4 5 and 4 assists in back to back 3 seasons as the main creative outlet of the team?
Last season he was the top scorer in all competitions.
Who was he supposed to create for?
You can also check his chances created stats for the season to see whether as the CREATIVE outlet, he wasn't CREATING chances.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilstjnr: 5:11pm On Aug 22, 2018
lordfalcao:
which website go get am?

I don't know bro.

I usually watch stuff on sky, Amazon or Netflix only.

you can try showbox if you're on android
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 5:13pm On Aug 22, 2018
raumdeuter:

Hazard takes penalties
I don't get.
Are penalties supposed to be opportunities to get assists?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kingBolton: 5:13pm On Aug 22, 2018
lordfalcao:
which website go get am?
Check YouTube
Got the first episode from there
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:14pm On Aug 22, 2018
Nihilstjnr:
Hazard and Costa have been the only 2 real goal threats in the last 3 seasons.
So of course, his assist numbers will be down while his goal scoring numbers will be up.
Last season, Hazard was Chelsea top scorer in all competitions with 16 goals. That explains how dire the situation was at the club. If there's no other goal threat who is hazard supposed to crrate for?

In the 2 of the 3 past season when he played with Costa

2015/16 4 league goals 4 assists. As one of the 2 real goals outlet as you put it. Thats less goals and assists than Costa

Hazard assisting 4 goals last season wasnt due to Morata it was just in his nature like it was for 2 seasons before Morata joined

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:15pm On Aug 22, 2018
raumdeuter:

You havent noticed almost everyone here is ignoring your posts?
Don't be a dumbass my post virtually created this conversation, not that you will admit that anyway seeing as you won't even recognise Zidane even if he was standing in front of you fully kitted besides you would have liked it wouldn't you, to turn everyone but humans are not as mindless as the amala on your fingers.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:16pm On Aug 22, 2018
Unlimited22:

Last season he was the top scorer in all competitions.
Who was he supposed to create for?
You can also check his chances created stats for the season to see whether as the CREATIVE outlet, he wasn't CREATING chances.

Top scorer with 16 goals which included 4 penalties. If someone else had taken those penalties, how many goals will he have and will he be the top assister of the team?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:17pm On Aug 22, 2018
Unlimited22:

I don't get.
Are penalties supposed to be opportunities to get assists?

Penalties create goals or assists in case they are saved or rebounded

Penalties are one situations where you get to take shots at the keeper without defenders harrasing you and the keeper cannot even leave his line to charge at you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5862) (5863) (5864) (5865) (5866) (5867) (5868) ... (19239) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Vischy and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.