Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,641 members, 7,851,149 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:11 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6948) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10694480 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6945) (6946) (6947) (6948) (6949) (6950) (6951) ... (19353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 20, 2019
sod09:
bros Jesus shouldn't be compare to Yahweh,olorun or Allah
Why?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 6:33pm On Mar 20, 2019
sod09:
bros Jesus shouldn't be compare to Yahweh,olorun or Allah

Why? Jesus was depicted as God in flesh. There are Bible passages that confirms this
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 6:34pm On Mar 20, 2019
gensteejay:

Can you see any sense in this your question when the event you're talking about took place few hundred years ago before the advent of Christianity and Islam in Nigeria? When most people were African traditional worshippers.

But we still have Ogun, Obatala, Sango, Oya, even Esu shrine till date, are you saying Olorun shrine has disappeared from the face of the earth?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 6:36pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlueRayDick:

So where do you think Ọlọhun originated from? Benin republic? It's just a corrupt form of Ọlọ́run. Most people who grew up in Lagos use it. There are a lot of Yoruba words like that Yorubas in Lagos use that ate not really the original form of Yoruba. There are numerous examples. If you want I will give you.

Nobody said there's a shrine for Ọlọ́run. I already told you most people worship smaller deities which u repeated in your post. Ọlọrun is highly revered and called orisha ńla. He's always begged to tamper justice with mercy ; Hence you hear people make comments like orisha òkè là bẹ kò fún wa lomo ( We beseech the God of the sky to give us offspring)

As for you saying the Bible didn't refer to Jesus as God, you obviously haven't read your Bible as much as you claim. I will give you few passages to show you gaffe in that regard

1. "After eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors having been shut, and stood in their midst and said, 'Peace be with you.' Then He said to Thomas, 'Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing.' Thomas answered and said to Him, 'My Lord and my God!' Jesus said to him, 'Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed,'” (John 20:26-29).

2. "For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God , Eternal Father, Prince of Peace," (Isaiah 9:6).
Are you saying Jesus is equal to God
Are you saying the Bible God was hanged on the cavalry killed like a mere mortal
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 6:37pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Ọlọ́run is God. But Jesus is also God yes or no? I've sent Bible passages that prove this to be true ; so your yes or no might not really matter

Okay, tell me any prayer that Christian pray in Yoruba that use Olorun as Jesus.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 6:40pm On Mar 20, 2019
gensteejay:

[s]There are several books written by scholars and experts in history on the subject. So facts in such books and research journals are solid evidence pieces of evidence.

At least, most of us were taught the history of Olohun, Sango, Ogun, Ogun, Oya, Osun, Eshu in primary/elementary school Yoruba.

Only an unlettered fellow will see books and research journals on this subject in the academia as weak evidence. [/s]

You should have asked for video evidence before believing what you were taught in school or read.

People told you they witnessed things with their eyes, one even confirmed he used in the past, one asked you to come over as specimen, you didn't believe, asking for video evidence or we should use rat as specimen. But you foolishly believed the story of people you never met about the history of religion and colonialism, written by multiple authors.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 6:41pm On Mar 20, 2019
gensteejay:

Why?
because you can't kill God/gods

Please let as be careful what we type here, I'm a Muslim I can say trash about JuJu but not to Christianity or Islam
No way will I accept Jesus is God

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 6:42pm On Mar 20, 2019
sod09:
Are you saying Jesus is equal to God
Are you saying the Bible God was hanged on the cavalry killed like a mere mortal

Am not saying anything. I quoted a verifiable passage. You can draw whatever inference you wish to from that passage.

He claimed Jesus was not referred to as God but I proved that to be wrong by posting those passages from the same Bible.What he chooses to do with that is left to him na

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 20, 2019
larride:

But we still have Ogun, Obatala, Sango, Oya, even Esu shrine till date, are you saying Olorun shrine has disappeared from the face of the earth?
Those are regarded in African traditional religion as intercessors that will help send worshippers' requests to Olorun, residing in the sky. People pray and commit all their affairs to Olorun so they worship him.

With more enlightenment and advances in science, people will leave all these religions.

It's only a matter of time.

Is there any sense in believing a sky daddy is up there watching innocent kids die in privation, poverty and sickness and doing nothing to better their plight ?

The concept of God in religions has a lot of flaws and is mostly unreasonable. I believe in God/Infinite Intelligence/The All, but not in the religious manner.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 6:48pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Am not saying anything. I quoted a verifiable passage. You can draw whatever inference you wish to from that passage.

He claimed Jesus was not referred to as God but I proved that to be wrong by posting those passages from the same Bible.What he chooses to do with that is left to him na

I’m not sure you followed the discussion from the inception. I was not even arguing anything about religion with him except the fact that he equate Olorun as the same with them Sango, Ogun, Jesus and the likes.

Yorubas has known Olorun as supreme ruler/God way before the colonial master know about any continent called Africa. The Yoruba name for Jesus is Jesu while the Yoruba name for God is Olorun/Olodumare. So I was asking him in what way does he equate Jesus into the Yoruba Olorun. That is the premise the argument is based on. Follow up please.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HanksAnuku: 6:48pm On Mar 20, 2019
sod09:
that American gods is one shitty series
Old gods v new gods

Fenibeso vs Big Brother Naija cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 20, 2019
sod09:

Please let as be careful what we type here, I'm a Muslim I can say trash about JuJu but not to Christianity or Islam
Lol, OK.

People post different things online. If you don't like some views, you simply ignore them.

It's a free world.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by biomustry: 6:49pm On Mar 20, 2019
sod09:

So you don't believe in juju?
You shouldn't just practice it
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 6:50pm On Mar 20, 2019
HanksAnuku:

Fenibeso vs Big Brother Naija cheesy
grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 6:50pm On Mar 20, 2019
biomustry:

So you don't believe in juju?
You shouldn't just practice it
nah I don't believe that shít
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 6:51pm On Mar 20, 2019
larride:

Okay, tell me any prayer that Christian pray in Yoruba that use Olorun as Jesus.

You aren't asking the right questions bro. Why aren't you asking why Jesus was being referred to as God in those passages I quoted?

I don't ẹ gege in arguments like this based on sentiments or trying to turn amala. Different people pray in different names. Some pray in their pastor's name, others in olugbohun, some in Ọlọ́run àṣẹ. Anybody can decide to pray in what we've name.they wish with this present day Christianity.

One thing I can assure you is Isiah and Paul referred to Jesus as God in those passages and it wasn't called blasphemy neither was it taken out of the Bible. Except u want to claim you know Jesus more than they do

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 6:52pm On Mar 20, 2019
gensteejay:

Those are regarded in African traditional religion as intercessors that will help send worshippers' requests to Olorun, residing in the sky. People pray and commit all their affairs to Olorun so they worship him.

With more enlightenment and advances in science, people will leave all these religions.

It's only a matter of time.

Is there any sense in believing a sky daddy is up there watching innocent kids die in privation, poverty and sickness and doing nothing to better their plight ?

The concept of God in religions has a lot of flaws and is mostly unreasonable. I believe in God/Infinite Intelligence/The All, but not in the religious manner.

It seems you are getting your sense back gradually.

Jesus is also an intercessor to align human back to God by sacrificing himself on the cross as atonement for sin.

So how is this Jesus = Yoruba Olorun?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 6:52pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlueRayDick:

what about the common john 3:16
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 6:54pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlueRayDick:

You aren't asking the right questions bro. Why aren't you asking why Jesus was being referred to as God in those passages I quoted?

I don't ẹ gege in arguments like this based on sentiments or trying to turn amala. Different people pray in different names. Some pray in their pastor's name, others in olugbohun, some in Ọlọ́run àṣẹ. Anybody can decide to pray in what we've name.they wish with this present day Christianity.

One thing I can assure you is Isiah and Paul referred to Jesus as God in those passages and it wasn't called blasphemy neither was it taken out of the Bible. Except u want to claim you know Jesus more than they do

I see we are not talking about the same thing. I’m not arguing about the divinity of Jesus with you.

The basis of this discussion is how Jesus = Yoruba Olorun.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by biomustry: 6:55pm On Mar 20, 2019
sod09:
nah I don't believe that shít
Is juju the same as magic? It's shirk naw. I'm not Yoruba
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:58pm On Mar 20, 2019
ToyinDipo:

Abeg, when will there be new version of Fenibeso

When they write new testament to upgrade his software like they did for Yawheh.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 7:02pm On Mar 20, 2019
larride:

I see we are not talking about the same thing. I’m not arguing about the divinity of Jesus with you.

The basis of this discussion is how Jesus = Yoruba Olorun.

I followed up all the talk from onset. You asked him how Jesus was Ọlọ́run and I told u how Yorubas use them interchangeably.

I myself have been to several churches and I've seen people call Jesus Olúwa, Ọlọ́run Olódùmarè and all; not as an intercessor but as the all knowing one. I knew you wouldn't agree with this and went two steps ahead to even show u Bible passages of prophets in the Bible doing same.

Now you say we aren't talking same thing grin

Alright bro
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 20, 2019
airmark:

You should have asked for video evidence before believing what you were taught in school or read.

People told you they witnessed things with their eyes, one even confirmed he used in the past, one asked you to come over as specimen, you didn't believe, asking for video evidence or we should use rat as specimen. But you foolishly believed the story of people you never met about the history of religion and colonialism, written by multiple authors.
Look at this ignorant guy grin

Mixing up history and science grin

They are 2 different fields with distinct methodologies and techniques for researching about things.

What makes a piece of evidence valid is not the fact that it's a video or book. It's the content and logic behind it.

You don't expect me to trust what religionists say as the truth without credible evidence, in form of a video or book/journals.

Few years ago, I used to be a Muslim, so I know how religionists twist facts and cook up outright lies to suit their agenda.

When discussing historical facts, we rely on accounts of people, physical evidence like sites, shrines, and books.

What I stated about Olorun, Fenibeso, and other gods here are common knowledge around the country, which older people know, and they are even corroborated by books, written Nigerian and African authors.

I can cite scholarly journals on this subject, if necessary.

Can you provide evidence of juju from books and scholarly journals, other than mere hearsay and tales?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 20, 2019
larride:

It seems you are getting your sense back gradually.

Jesus is also an intercessor to align human back to God by sacrificing himself on the cross as atonement for sin.

So how is this Jesus = Yoruba Olorun?
Keep deceiving yourself. I don't have time to waste discussing tripe.

Yoruba Christians pray to Jesus, Olorun, God, Jehovah, Yahweh as the same entity. Revel in your confusion and ignorance in a fool's paradise.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 7:06pm On Mar 20, 2019
sod09:
what about the common john 3:16

I knew someone would come up with this. But this is one of the inconsistencies some people complained about in the Bible. John 3:16 says God gave his only begotten son to die for the world, but the passages I posted showed Isiah and Paul calling Jesus God. And someone says God was never referred to as God
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 7:08pm On Mar 20, 2019
airmark:

Which people?

You mean Fenibeso is god of raumdeuter, hanksanuku,skimpled,diggz,afrodoc2,nihilist,a40,chic2pimp?

Fenibeso is not my god please. I don't kill rams before my prayers are answered please.
Lmaooo what is a Fenibeso? Abeg take your time. The only God I know is the father of Jesus Christ

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 7:09pm On Mar 20, 2019
biomustry:

Is juju the same as magic? It's shirk naw. I'm not Yoruba
JuJu is shirk more like magic, soothsayer
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 7:10pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlueRayDick:

I followed up all the talk from onset. You asked him how Jesus was Ọlọ́run and I told u how Yorubas use them interchangeably.

I myself have been to several churches and I've seen people call Jesus Olúwa, Ọlọ́run Olódùmarè and all; not as an intercessor but as the all knowing one. I knew you wouldn't agree with this and went two steps ahead to even show u Bible passages of prophets in the Bible doing same.

Now you say we aren't talking same thing grin

Alright bro

I have screenshot the genesis of the argument for you. I’m sure you can read very well.

Yoruba uses Jesus as Olorun grin.

No need to be arguing with you anymore then.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 7:10pm On Mar 20, 2019
A40:

Lmaooo what is a Fenibeso? Abeg take your time. The only God I know is the father of Jesus Christ
but some people just said Jesus is God
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 7:12pm On Mar 20, 2019
larride:

I have screenshot the genesis of the argument for you. I’m sure you can read very well.

Yoruba uses Jesus as Olorun grin.

No need to be arguing with you anymore then.
Yoruba uses olorun for God
Jesu for Jesus
Stop misleading people
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 7:13pm On Mar 20, 2019
gensteejay:

Keep deceiving yourself. I don't have time to waste discussing tripe.

Yoruba Christians pray to Jesus, Olorun, God, Jehovah, Yahweh as the same entity. Revel in your confusion and ignorance in a fool's paradise.

Shut up.

Christian pray to God through Jesus.

Just the same way mythical Yorubas pray to Olorun through Orunmila, Obatala, Sango and the likes.

Olorun is not the same as Jesus.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 7:15pm On Mar 20, 2019
sod09:

Yoruba uses olorun for God
Jesu for Jesus
Stop misleading people

Is that not the same thing I have been saying since?

Sod, I’m not the one you should be telling that one, direct your anger to BlueRayDick and Mr Gen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6945) (6946) (6947) (6948) (6949) (6950) (6951) ... (19353) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: raumdeuter, chic2pimp(m), Sulele04(m), Caicedobets(m), BlueAngel444, Amigoss, AirBay, Whizlight(m), Noah13, WhoDeyHause, Itsrm(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.