Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10583163 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7413) (7414) (7415) (7416) (7417) (7418) (7419) ... (19234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NLBigBoy: 5:51pm On Jul 04, 2019
I don’t understand that Jo Felix signing But Athletico is a stingy club very very stingy so if they are willing to shell more than 100m on a player best believe he’s the real deal
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by emmy2807(m): 5:52pm On Jul 04, 2019
on the other news, arjen robben has announced his retirement from football. A great player indeed, i love his outside curler, once a blue, always a blue.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DeadPresidents: 6:21pm On Jul 04, 2019
lordfalcao:
so is Felix a replacement downgrade or direct replacement?

At the present, a downgrade but if Joaõ Felix achieves even a quarter of his potential then it will be great business for Atletico and he could potentially be better than Griezmann ever was for Atletico.

The boy could be one of those generational talents in the mould of Robben, Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo... at worst he'll be a Nani but Atletico are paying purely for potential right now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 6:22pm On Jul 04, 2019
airmark:

Not sure this answers the question i asked you bro. Raumdeuter and his aparisports goons use this absurd style.

Different Scenario though G. Milan's lack of spending shows How unambitious we are currently. The chances of us winning anything this season are slim to none so there goes that. That's also the reason why no Manager worth His salt wants to coach us.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 6:30pm On Jul 04, 2019
chic2pimp:

Different Scenario though G. Milan's lack of spending shows How unambitious we are currently. The chances of us winning anything this season are slim to none so there goes that. That's also the reason why no Manager worth His salt wants to coach us.

Every coach prefers Fraudiola's type of environment. We are still waiting for his first Ucl, after he left Messi.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 6:41pm On Jul 04, 2019
raumdeuter:

Then let PSG chase him out of their club abi na by force?
Neymar begged Barcelona and they refused him. What ya got to say about this?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 6:51pm On Jul 04, 2019
Ibime:

Joao Felix is replacement for Griezmann. Money in, money out. It's not like they splash cash without giving up some good players.

Pulisic is replacement downgrade for Hazard. Money in, money out.

It's only Pep that would splash cash unlimited until top stars like Mahrez and Sane who other clubs would have as first team players are clogging his bench.

That's why we talk about net spend.

I don't know you people's infactuation with Net Spend tbh. Besides the point, that's not what Pep was employed to do. If however you do care so much about How much is being spent(I know you don't. You only care because it's Pep not Klopp or Jose doing the spending), feel free to take it up with Man City's Financial Department.

Pep has two Main goals. They are to continue to win Trophies and to make City a Dominant force both at Home and Abroad and that requires spending. From Madrid in the 50s to Milan in the 80s it has always been that way. Any team that refuses to play these rules will simply get left behind.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:07pm On Jul 04, 2019
You can get Eriksen on free transfer and spend zero while Bakayoko will cost 50m

Net spend will tell you the team who got Bakayoko has more talent since they spent more

Juventus got Ramsey Rabiot Can for a total of $0

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 7:07pm On Jul 04, 2019
raumdeuter:

Mourinho also took over a group of inter players that was misused by Mancini

Including players like Julio Cesar, Maicon who were part of the Brazilian copa winning team
Barcelona were always favorite to win ucl before pep took over, not so for mouthing and inter Milan.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 7:18pm On Jul 04, 2019
Is this Felix even better than Odoi shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 7:31pm On Jul 04, 2019
NLBigBoy:
I don’t understand that Jo Felix signing But Athletico is a stingy club very very stingy so if they are willing to shell more than 100m on a player best believe he’s the real deal

I remember saying the same thing for Dembele, now ATM goes and does the same thing buying a teenage for millions, bringing him to a new team, new environment... pressure from every where, even replacing a great footballer like greizmann.

and unlike Dembele, who had played in two different top divisions n scores goals. Joao Felix will have a weight on his should that might just crush him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:35pm On Jul 04, 2019
chic2pimp:

I don't know you people's infactuation with Net Spend tbh. Besides the point, that's not what Pep was employed to do. If however you do care so much about How much is being spent(I know you don't. You only care because it's Pep not Klopp or Jose doing the spending), feel free to take it up with Man City's Financial Department.

Pep has two Main goals. They are to continue to win Trophies and to make City a Dominant force both at Home and Abroad and that requires spending. From Madrid in the 50s to Milan in the 80s it has always been that way. Any team that refuses to play these rules will simply get left behind.

What we always told you guys is we only respect the coaching when a coach can take inferior set of players to beat a superior set, citing Pep getting Bayern disgraced in UCL when he faced superior players.

So yes, we do care about net spend cos it only tells us that Pep can only coach when he has better players than opposition. His first year in EPL further buttressed that point until Sheikh unleashed unlimited millions on him.

I would rather respect a poor man son that hustled his way from nothing to $1 billion than Bill Gates son who inherited $50bln and turned it to $52bln

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 7:40pm On Jul 04, 2019
raumdeuter:

Atletico just spent 130m on Joao felix that's about double what guardiola has spent on just any player

Chelsea spent on Pulisic and kovacic but Guardiola should not buy any player he must continue using Yaya Kompany Sagna Hart etc

geezuz u are still mentioning players that left like aons ago shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 7:45pm On Jul 04, 2019
Ibime:

What we always told you guys is we only respect the coaching when a coach can take inferior set of players to beat a superior set, citing Pep getting Bayern disgraced in UCL when he faced superior players.

So yes, we do care about net spend cos it only tells us that Pep can only coach when he has better players than opposition. His first year in EPL further buttressed that point until Sheikh unleashed unlimited millions on him.

I would rather respect a poor man son that hustled his way from nothing to $1 billion than Bill Gates son who inherited $50bln and turned it to $52bln

net spend??

not an actual reflection of a team's value... some teams have players they never bought or bought very cheap who later worth millions.

imagine of Chelsea had bought Barkley 6months earlier, he would have cost about 50m, n that cash would tell on our net spend.

when comparing teams, comparing player values is the best bet o.

for Pep, he knows his onion, the guy shabi assemble team, which many managers can't actually do. Look even if he doesn't get his first, he will wait for another player like the first.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:03pm On Jul 04, 2019
Kepa we bought 80m 6months before then was worth 18m-20m.

If Courtios or Pulisic had extra years in their contract, Courtios would have gone for 60m to 70m, Pulisic will reach 100m self.. what about Hazard that 150m would have been 200m or more.

the amount a player is bought for doesn't translate to the players value, or value to his team self. na situations they cause am.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by olabode89(m): 8:20pm On Jul 04, 2019
BlueAngel444:
Kepa we bought 80m 6months before then was worth 18m-20m.

If Courtios or Pulisic had extra years in their contract, Courtios would have gone for 60m to 70m, Pulisic will reach 100m self.. what about Hazard that 150m would have been 200m or more.

the amount a player is bought for doesn't translate to the players value, or value to his team self. na situations they cause am.

What is the meaning of this nonsense??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:35pm On Jul 04, 2019
olabode89:

Juventus can lineup Rabiot, Can and Ramsey who cost a total of $0 in their midfield while Barkley alone cost 20m

Will you say Barkley alone is better in midfield than those 3 players like their transfer fee suggests

Transfer fee spent does not relate directly to quality as other factors are associated

13 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:39pm On Jul 04, 2019
raumdeuter:

Juventus can lineup Rabiot, Can and Ramsey who cost a total of $0 in their midfield while Barkley alone cost 20m

Will you say Barkley alone is better in midfield than those 3 players like their transfer fee suggests

There is strong correlation between spend and quality, but not 100%. If there was no correlation, then Bristol City could be top of EPL. A team may sign one or two free transfers but generally, more spend = better quality.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:02pm On Jul 04, 2019
olabode89:

read it as many times as u do ur textbooks for the exams u still get a D in, maybe it will finally make enough sense for u.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by olabode89(m): 9:18pm On Jul 04, 2019
BlueAngel444:

read it as many times as u do ur textbooks for the exams u still get a D in, maybe it will finally make enough sense for u.

Lmao! Chief you made a very poor statement and concerning exams you don't want to go there...lol

Let us analyse your statement

The amount a player is bought for is the sales price for the selling club and it equals to associated cost plus customer (buying club) perceived value. In this scenario, associated costs may include training/development related costs, the player's initial cost of acquisition, etc.

the customer perceived value here relates to the value that the buying club sees in the acquisiton of the player. It could be possible improvement of their team, ability to sell merchandise, etc.

You could say the amount a player is bought might not translate to the quality of the player even though in most cases the statement is incorrect. Value and quality are not always the same.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:23pm On Jul 04, 2019
Ibime:

There is strong correlation between spend and quality, but not 100%. If there was no correlation, then Bristol City could be top of EPL. A team may sign one or two free transfers but generally, more spend = better quality.

Spend = transfer fees

The transfer fee of a player depends on

Quality, Age, length of the contract, marketability of player, Nationality of the player, how important the player is to the buying and selling club, availability of close substitutes, the financial standing of buying and selling club, Release clauses etc

So for quality to stand out, all the other factors need to be the same

E.g For the Transfer fee of player A vs Player B to be a measure of their quality, then other factors must be the same. i.e Similar age, Nationality, similar contract length

If Man Utd bid for Aguero at this moment, City might quote them 120M but if Man Utd bid for Harry Kane Spurs might quote 350M,

That's about a 200M difference in transfer fee and has very little to do with the quality as at today

A team like Juventus will have a small spend yet have a strategy of targetting top quality players on free transfers or those whose contract are running out and giving them good salaries plus sign on fees

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:36pm On Jul 04, 2019
hensben:
Barcelona were always favorite to win ucl before pep took over, not so for mouthing and inter Milan.

How were Barcelona favourite to win the CL when they have gone 2 seasons trophyless, finished 18points behind Madrid in the league, lost Dinho and Deco, and gained Dani Alves as the major transfer

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 12:03am On Jul 05, 2019
raumdeuter:

How were Barcelona favourite to win the CL when they have gone 2 seasons trophyless, finished 18points behind Madrid in the league, lost Dinho and Deco, and only gained Dani Alves
They won ucl not too long before Pep took over unlike inter Milan. The problem of Barcelona then was an internal crisis due to Ronaldinho lifestyle, Barcelona were always a threat in the ucl then.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:32am On Jul 05, 2019
Emaprince:
Welcome home Lamp.

Now we can call you THE BOSS!!!
Already? So soon? cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:20am On Jul 05, 2019
hensben:
They won ucl not too long before Pep took over unlike inter Milan. The problem of Barcelona then was an internal crisis due to Ronaldinho lifestyle, Barcelona were always a threat in the ucl then.

How many of the players who won the CL for Barcelona in 2006 were still at the club when Pep won in 2009

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 5:05am On Jul 05, 2019
raumdeuter:

How many of the players who won the CL for Barcelona in 2006 were still at the club when Pep won in 2009

Messi won ucl before your Fraudiola came and the midget won it after he left. When will Fraudiola win his own ucl without Messi?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by busar(m): 7:05am On Jul 05, 2019
airmark:

Messi won ucl before your Fraudiola came and the midget won it after he left. When will Fraudiola win his own ucl without Messi?

the same fraudiola that took all the trophies in England last season and left nothing for you guys?? I think I prefer this fraud...

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 7:20am On Jul 05, 2019
raumdeuter:

Spend = transfer fees

The transfer fee of a player depends on

Quality, Age, length of the contract, marketability of player, Nationality of the player, how important the player is to the buying and selling club, availability of close substitutes, the financial standing of buying and selling club, Release clauses etc

So for quality to stand out, all the other factors need to be the same

E.g For the Transfer fee of player A vs Player B to be a measure of their quality, then other factors must be the same. i.e Similar age, Nationality, similar contract length

If Man Utd bid for Aguero at this moment, City might quote them 120M but if Man Utd bid for Harry Kane Spurs might quote 350M,

That's about a 200M difference in transfer fee and has very little to do with the quality as at today

A team like Juventus will have a small spend yet have a strategy of targetting players on free transfers and giving them good salaries and sign on fees
I applaud ur intelligent analysis but still ur head still no 2 correct when he comes 2 hazard....Thumbs up grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:10am On Jul 05, 2019
airmark:

Intelligent people will ask what was Messis contribution in the CL win before Guardiola? Messi that got injured for most of the knockout stages and had just 1 goal and 1 assist in the entire competition

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TeeBabss(m): 8:37am On Jul 05, 2019
Segedinho:
I applaud ur intelligent analysis but still ur head still no 2 correct when he comes 2 hazard....Thumbs up grin

grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 05, 2019
Ibime:

Don't ask me to rationalise the way church people think bros. Repentance, forgiveness and mumuness is real to them. I have experienced on a personal level where Church members forgive themselves all manner of stüpidity in name of repentance.

True that.I have a friend here who thinks the sun shines out of tb ( kill em via collapsed building) Joshua and apostle ( pay for that booty) Sulemans arses.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 05, 2019
Ibime:

What's the analogy for girls that are forced to sleep with their lecturers for grades. A simple minded look at such scenario will say all you have to do is report the lecturer, he'll be sacked, simple as ABC.

Busola did not confront the pastor, her sister did after she confided in her. That mean say her mind no strong like that then. You don't know if her whole social life is in that church and what she has to lose by entering a standoff with the pastor. Now factor in her age of 16 at the time. I have seen many young girls who get violated and let it go, feeling powerless to do anything. Some will be in the same compound with the men and greeting them every morning.

I know of one housegirl who was coerced into sex by her ogas son. She was even given out to other men by her ogas son but she could live with it. Yet the day the oga son touched her young daughters toto, all hell broke loose, she caused enough commotion, reported everything , told everyone and then left her ogas employment. So she has got to a stage where she can deal with her own rape due to financial cost of fighting back. . . . but she drew the line at the rape of her child. Imagine that housegirl becomes a billionaire next year, you will see the amount of MOPOL she will bring to arrest and kill the ogas son just for raping her, never mind touching the daughter

It all comes down to power or lack of it. Maybe by next year, someone will say the housegirls story is false because she did not act when the ogas son raped her.

When sexual abuse is involved I would suggest using dry clinical terms. The young daughters vaginas, tried to molest the daughter. I know you understand what I mean.just sayin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7413) (7414) (7415) (7416) (7417) (7418) (7419) ... (19234) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AbokiWam, kevoh(m), Babamide(m), Shegzdave, Sportsweb, oliverano, joezy23(m), SimpleGuy001, BlueMann, Theflint1(m), Ballzproblem2, hensben(m), BlueAngel444, dostr4(m), islamics(m), emmyluizzz, Unlimited22, wman(m), FergieRaww(m), Datakey, codeb(m), andrewbaba44, Singapore1(m), Segedinho(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.