Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,140 members, 7,852,875 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:41 AM

Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? (41261 Views)

Why Is President Jonathan Overly Obsessed With His Fedora Hat (PICS) / Are Nigerians Obsessed With Bad/evil News? / Th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 8:18pm On Apr 26, 2012
[size=28pt]Beaf come, wetin do SS/SE ?

Keep deceiving your fellow goons[/size]
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Rhino5dm: 8:19pm On Apr 26, 2012
Bros, I equally yansh couple of girls from nairalist. It works like a charm cool. . .any city I go na to just locate nairalist from my phone then scan for desperate girls. cool. Thats the only benefit I got from SEUN, after the 2 cars I bought here.

By the way, whats the problem with yanshing?

Beaf: So it turns out that aside from being a counterfeit, Ilaje44 is also irresponsible (he claims to "yansh" girls), a bigot (describing Isoko's and Urhobo's with derogatoruy names) as well as a fool. embarassed

That typical alj haram.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by delpee(f): 8:20pm On Apr 26, 2012
@Ilaje 44
Nice reading from a matured mind for a change. U do well my brother. Remain focused on the thread as you have done so far and ignore comments/pics of nuisance value. Its good to learn more about our various ethnic groups and appreciate the strength in our diversity.Poverty and problems know no tribe. We are all basically the same though NL ethnic bigots will always push even the most liberal person to the extreme.
Had a colleague at work who is an Ilaje man from Ondo state. His name sounds close to yours and very nice guy indeed. He speaks the language well but sees himself as a Yoruba man.I could understand most of what you were writing but Akoko is a different kettle of fish truly.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by CyberG: 8:26pm On Apr 26, 2012
LOL...some low life turned this nice thread upside down! grin grin Seeking attention na by force and the castard needs a beat down like the school child Jonathan! grin grin
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by tpia5: 8:27pm On Apr 26, 2012
Keeti

owos say keeti wi

ekiti is kooti wi or kooti fo

standard yoruba is ki lo ti wi, ki lo so, or ki lon so.

i'm assuming the quoted keeti means what.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by tpia5: 8:32pm On Apr 26, 2012
I get confused with some of the words u've written in yoruba. I'm from osun state. I believe I should be able to understand everything since all yorubas originated from Ile-Ife(osun).

ife dialect leans more towards the ondo languages.

osun encompasses oyo speakers and some other yoruba dialects as well.

not sure about osogbo, but i think it may be oyo in nature, although i read somewhere that osogbo was originally settled by ijeshoid peoples.

you have to say where you're from in osun so people can tell you which dialect you'd find mutually intelligible.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Kilode1: 8:33pm On Apr 26, 2012
alj harem:

Egbon Kilode, I though you were from that area ? knowing you have SS origin as well
Alhaji, well, I'm simply Odua tokan tokan jare. SS, SW, NE, NW, SE, etc na political creation.

I can understand a lot of Ilaje44's written dialect though. But, like he said, Akoko is a different ball game.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by tpia5: 8:34pm On Apr 26, 2012
beaf and his boyfriend wilywily have made the thread reach 12 pages already?

na wa o!!
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Kilode1: 8:35pm On Apr 26, 2012
tpia@:

owos say keeti wi

I suspect "Keeti" in Ilaje/Ikale usage means "How is it" or "How are you doing?" OR "Bawo ni" in Regular Yoruba

I may be wrong though.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 8:36pm On Apr 26, 2012
tpia@:
beaf and his boyfriend wilywily have made the thread reach 12 pages already?

na wa o!!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 8:36pm On Apr 26, 2012
Kilode?!:

Alhaji, well, I'm simply Odua tokan tokan jare. SS, SW, NE, NW, SE, etc na political creation.

I can understand a lot of Ilaje44's written dialect though. But, like he said, Akoko is a different ball game.

Ok thanks egbon

Is Owo dialect similar to Akoko as well ?
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by CyberG: 8:36pm On Apr 26, 2012
@Beaafe: The truth is always bitter to those who live a lie like you, bro.
You are silly. Next time you lowlifes will not start a thread with my name in the article, cos I will give you a black eye. I wonder if you will drink a cup of the water the poor Ilaje's have to suffer with.
What the hell is this?

Pfffftt! Only mad dogs bark at a tree you know. I don't and no one cares about you on this thread. The school child stoopid president did not improve the lives of Bayelsans since 1999, Nigerians since 2010 and is directly responsible for the plight and poverty of Nigerians - including the Ilajes. But, I don't care for any of your thrash talk and not interested in bullshite! Send the pictures to your oga if you care but I no send YOU at ALL!
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Desola(f): 8:37pm On Apr 26, 2012
"keeti" = ki lo ti ri - in full.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 8:38pm On Apr 26, 2012
CyberG: ^^ Pfffftt! Only mad dogs bark at a tree you know. I don't and no one cares about you on this thread. The school child stoopid president did not improve the lives of Bayelsans since 1999, Nigerians since 2010 and is directly responsible for the plight and poverty of Nigerians - including the Ilajes. But, I don't care for any of your thrash talk and not interested in bullshite! Send the pictures to your oga if you care but I no send YOU at ALL!

thank you, please just ignore him. He would ware himself out or maybe hopefully his other goons would come and help him out
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by tpia5: 8:39pm On Apr 26, 2012
"keeti" = ki lo ti ri - in full.

^^it can mean that also, but in owo keeti wi means what did he/she say. or what did you say.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 8:39pm On Apr 26, 2012
tpia@:

owos say keeti wi

[size=15pt]It means "bawo ni?" for instance in Ondo. That is also true of Ile-Oluji, Odigbo etc. Ilaje say:
Ku wo fo? in the case of "ki lo so?".
"Ku wo mi fo?" = "Ki lo nso?".

Keeti in Ilaje would be: "Kon ti gha?" or "ko ti gha?"
[/size]
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by tpia5: 8:41pm On Apr 26, 2012
Beaf:
Next time you clowns wanna start a thread, add my name and think you wouldn't get my contribution. Olodo!

Can you see that poor childs hair? No be wickedness be dat?

buy her brazilian hair nah, instead of moaning in agony.

or you cant afford brazilian hair?
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 8:41pm On Apr 26, 2012
tpia@:

buy her brazilian hair nah, instead of moaning in agony.

or you cant afford brazilian hair?
grin grin grin grin grin fighting the wind,
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 8:43pm On Apr 26, 2012
Desola: "keeti" = ki lo ti ri - in full.

[size=15pt]Omade yi, o de da re n'oju pe oma Isale Eko wo gha rin bayi?[/size]
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Desola(f): 8:44pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44:

[size=15pt]It means "bawo ni?" for instance in Ondo. That is also true of Ile-Oluji, Odigbo etc. Ilaje say:

[/size]

interesting. "fo" in ijebu is - say.

Ijebu - "som so fo" = he/she said...

I see the similarities in ilaje and ijebu.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by tpia5: 8:44pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44:

[/size]

oh my gosh, i actually mixed up the dialects.

keeti wi is either owo or ondo dialect, sorry.

ku wo fo is also ekiti/akureoid, another form is koo fo.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Desola(f): 8:45pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44:

[size=15pt]Omade yi, o de da re n'oju pe oma Isale Eko wo gha rin bayi?[/size]

Baawa. Omo eko wenjenle remi wa.(that was ijebu by the way grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (28) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention / Yahaya Bello And His Wife Amina Loved Up In These Photos / Kano Government Reacts To Video Of Governor Ganduje 'Receiving Bribe'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.