Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,306 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Trend In Marriage Events - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Trend In Marriage Events (710 Views)

How Open Should One Be In Marriage? / What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? / How to Ask Your Girlfriend's Parents For Her Hand in Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Trend In Marriage Events by ime2010: 6:31pm On Apr 28, 2012
I have followed several article on this forum, and I must comment that most post are enlightening.

There is a trend I have observed recently in Marriage, and I believe that sampling varying views from people in this forum will help in understanding, and possibly criticize where there is a need.

Some years back, people lend money for wedding/Traditional Marriage (TM). This trend has drastically reduced, as people are advice to plan the events base on the fund at their disposal. Hence, people now budget effectively before the opt to go public for the event.

Few years back, and even in recent times, people plan the marriage events (TM / Wedding) within one week period. Possible to finish-up everything about the event and continue with their life. I have also witness people doing TM and wedding on the same day (Imagine the stress, yet its economical for those that choose this option)

Few weeks ago, I witness a wedding on a Wednesday evening (about 8:00PM). Some are of the opinion that it is only the blessing from the Pastor that really counts. Obviously, this particular wedding was very economical.

For me, this trend is disturbing. I will appreciate your varying views on this subject.
Re: Trend In Marriage Events by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:03am On Apr 29, 2012
ime2010:
For me, this trend is disturbing. I will appreciate your varying views on this subject.
How is it disturbing to you? Havn't you heard of the proverb:"Cut your coat according to your cloth(not size, that's old school)"? It is what is convenient and comfortable that one who should do and not follow what everyone is doing.

Some people don't like crowd and loud events; so the quieter the event, the better for them. Infact, my siblings and I are thinking towards that route;a quite wedding with family and close friends and our parents are cool with it. What matters is having peace of mind after wedding.
Re: Trend In Marriage Events by moremi2008(m): 1:26am On Apr 29, 2012
A big owambe wedding is not for everybody. Most young couples forget that it's the parents/family members that should pay for a large wedding. If the couple can't afford it and there's nobody in the family to sponsor a large wedding, then the wedding should be small. The problem is some couples have misplaced priorities and want to have large weddings by force so they mortgage their future financial well being for a brief couple of days of lavish owambe festivities. This almost never ends well oh!

(1) (Reply)

Why Is It Dat Young Married Women Dn't Lyk Dia Hobby Watchin Sports? / Couple Celebrates 80th Wedding Anniversary, Shares Secrets To Lasting Marriage / Appropriate Age To Stop Flogging A Child.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.