Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,943 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. (19686 Views)

'I'm Childless! But, My Landlady Is Pregnant For My Husband!' / 'my Husband Rented A Flat For Our Maid' - Wife / My Neighbour And His Fiancee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by mamaput(f): 10:27pm On Nov 29, 2007
almondjoy i do tell my kids many things that go on in Nigeria, but they will not understand half,.
My kids also do domestic work to brush up their pocket money.
And they can make alot considering they have no expenses.
And i find it sad that my daughter can make in germany more money on a holiday job here than a 20 year old student in Nigeria,.
My daughter was able to pay her driving permit 2000€ on a holiday job she did. well a holiday and a half.
she now has a part time job once a week the whole day the pay is enough for all her needs, (as she lives with me she has no bills to pay).

The way you put things sound harsh . question , do you think they have no feelings.
do you think they are not wise enough to wish they were rich.?
or is it white man mentality (all blacks are dull)
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by romeo(m): 11:04pm On Nov 29, 2007
almondjoy:

Okay! cheesy Kiss and make up. No vessing! kiss

cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin!

@Turkey

I am glad you understand. I am not blaming the less privileged. I am sad at the system who put them that way. My choice of words may be a little harsh but for lack of better choices of word to describe them--I can't do better. Please just try having a conversation with most of these our less privileged relatives and you will understand how deep rooted the problem is. Stark illiterates. Not their faults of course but the so called rulers of the giant of Africa whos children are all abroad schooling without scholarships but with hard earned forex!

@nwando
Those people you described are not the norm. The poster's domestic worker in his story is more like it in Nigeria. Please when you all visit next look around you. Things have got worse! kissThis child slavery thing is bad. Most of them cannot even spell their names. I had the misfortune of having to braid my hair in Nigeria and was given an 8 year old from the market by her mother to do so. Of course I sent the girl away with the money. Definitely did not let her touch my hair. This child was sick with running nose and all! Told her to spell her name. Could not even read the alphabet! Tell me how to start to help this one! angry Yet she said she was in school but could not go to school because she was sick. But her mother sent her to braid hair while sick. It was pretty disgusting! Then went to my bathroom to ease her self and crapped all over my commode without flushing it. Never used one she said! This child had never seen a commode--she told me this! This is in a city in Nigeria!

Boy was ma sister livid. Asked me how I could have allowed the girl to use our personal bathroom.

When you see the truth you will know and it's sweet to say it, i am happy you are becoming more reasonable

*Now i know why you were so angry with maids, that your commode*
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by Nobody: 1:46am On Nov 30, 2007
Poverty is a terrible thing.
No body should ever wish poverty on another.
It is a cancer.

In elemetary school,I had this classmate and academic rival named Monica.
Very intelligent.
After primary school I went off to an FGGC far away from home and she went to a secondary school in the town we lived at where a few friends of mine attended.
I would run into Monica ocassionally in her mothers shed in the market during the holidays.Her mother sold washed Onugbu (bitterleaf) in the market.
After we left sec school I ran into her again,I knew she could have been anything she wanted because she was a smart girl.
We hugged and naturally wanted to know what the other was doing,I proudly announced I was a premed student,Monica told me she was at some college of Education in  western Nigeria.

I almost cried on my way home because I knew this girl well and I knew she would have smoked the JAMB exams and been anywhere and anything she wanted
The girl had all A's from a state school.
That is what poverty can do.

It limits potentials
It sets boundaries.
Her parents were illiterates and saw College of Education as the ultimate for their daughter.
Many are not even that lucky.
Many end up marrying some older rich "OMATA" (Onitsha trader) right after high school and by the time we were in college some were already raising families at 16 and 17.

1 Like

Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by Ndipe(m): 3:27am On Nov 30, 2007
The least we can do is to give the underclass a helping hand to advance in the society. AlmondJoy, your post is a blatant display of disdain towards domestic workers. It reeks of a hoity toity attitude. Have you ever wondered why people resort to working as hired helps? It is not their fault, blame it on poverty.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by almondjoy(f): 3:33pm On Nov 30, 2007
Ndipe:

The least we can do is to give the underclass a helping hand to advance in the society. AlmondJoy, your post is a blatant display of disdain towards domestic workers. It reeks of a hoity toity attitude. Have you ever wondered why people resort to working as hired helps? It is not their fault, blame it on poverty.

Sorry it comes across that way.  It is really not my intention to do so.  It is the situation that disgusts me not the "domestic workers".  They represent a "hopeless situation".  Please try and separate the 2!  Thank you.  Have you ever considered that what I see in them makes me angry towards the "powers that be"!  It is just that the domestic workers are being discussed.  For the last time--I am not blaming them--I am blaming the selfish people who made "us" that way. It is not a matter of us Vs them.   Your children and my children may be raised in the same environment.  All will suffer the same fate---Period.  We all are  going to suffer this lack of attention, and that is what I mean when I address the problems of this "mental slavery".

mamaput:

almondjoy i do tell my kids many things that go on in Nigeria, but they will not understand half,.
My kids also do domestic work to brush up their pocket money.
And they can make alot considering they have no expenses.
And i find it sad that my daughter can make in germany more money on a holiday job here than a 20 year old student in Nigeria,.
My daughter was able to pay her driving permit 2000€ on a holiday job she did. well a holiday and a half.
she now has a part time job once a week the whole day the pay is enough for all her needs, (as she lives with me she has no bills to pay).

The way you put things sound harsh . question , do you think they have no feelings.
do you think they are not wise enough to wish they were rich.?
or is it white man mentality (all blacks are dull)

Mamaput,
I am sorry it comes out harsh.  Once again, I would not discuss my personal feelings to the situation because it looks like the focus on my anger is on the domestic workers.  I will state it again.  They represent the evils in our society and I do not have any hatred or superiority towards them.  Let me let you guys continue to debate it the way that it is comfortable to you. We just have different views of looking at the problem and too bad most of you decide to describe my analysis of the sad situation as  my hatred is towards the domestic workers.  Having explained that, I will leave it at that.  I have nothing else to add.

Happy Holidays guys! kiss

romeo:

When you see the truth you will know and it's sweet to say it, i am happy you are becoming more reasonable

*Now i know why you were so angry with maids, that your commode*

I was angry she had never seen a commode more than the fact that she messed up my commode.  If we spent money in Nigeria the way we should --every 8 year old would exposed to public conveniences at least in schools.  You missed the point again and I am done explaining myself!

Once again, Happy holidays! kiss See y'all in January 2008! Off for my well deserved one month vacation! Stay blessed and no fighting! kiss
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by RealT1(f): 4:11pm On Nov 30, 2007
Tell her to go and meet the father of her unborn baby. That's if ur hand no dey inside o
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by romeo(m): 4:21pm On Nov 30, 2007
almondjoy:

Sorry it comes across that way. It is really not my intention to do so. It is the situation that disgusts me not the "domestic workers". They represent a "hopeless situation". Please try and separate the 2! Thank you. Have you ever considered that what I see in them makes me angry towards the "powers that be"! It is just that the domestic workers are being discussed. For the last time--I am not blaming them--I am blaming the selfish people who made "us" that way. It is not a matter of us Vs them. Your children and my children may be raised in the same environment. All will suffer the same fate---Period. We all are going to suffer this lack of attention, and that is what I mean when I address the problems of this "mental slavery".

Mamaput,
I am sorry it comes out harsh. Once again, I would not discuss my personal feelings to the situation because it looks like the focus on my anger is on the domestic workers. I will state it again. They represent the evils in our society and I do not have any hatred or superiority towards them. Let me let you guys continue to debate it the way that it is comfortable to you. We just have different views of looking at the problem and too bad most of you decide to describe my analysis of the sad situation as my hatred is towards the domestic workers. Having explained that, I will leave it at that. I have nothing else to add.

Happy Holidays guys! kiss

I was angry she had never seen a commode more than the fact that she messed up my commode. If we spent money in Nigeria the way we should --every 8 year old would exposed to public conveniences at least in schools. You missed the point again and I am done explaining myself!

Once again, Happy holidays! kiss See y'all in January 2008! Off for my well deserved one month vacation! Stay blessed and no fighting! kiss

It took you almost 5 pages to write something intelligent and understandable? you have a serious problem madam!! better start working on it.

Enjoy your vacations cheesy cheesy
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by RealT1(f): 4:43pm On Nov 30, 2007
I'm so sorry but u have to send her to the guy that impregent her.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by mamaput(f): 8:40pm On Nov 30, 2007
romeo the way you shout into the forest is the way it comes back to you.
That i do not see eyr e to eye with almondjoy dose not mean i have to insult her.
and i think she has had loads of that here for no just reason
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by romeo(m): 8:55pm On Nov 30, 2007
mamaput:

romeo the way you shout into the forest is the way it comes back to you.
That i do not see eyr e to eye with almondjoy dose not mean i have to insult her.
and i think she has had loads of that here for no just reason

For no just reason is an understatement to make, she asked for it and she called me names, insulted my family and my people, but i am having big fun mamaput. I am not buying her last post because she is fake and i am pouring it on her face

peace and happy vacation almond grin grin grin
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by uyai(f): 3:37am On Dec 03, 2007
Life is very funny. I will not be surprise if this almond of a girl lives in some subsidized housing unit in the states. people like her are so quick to make mouth like i'm raising my kids outside nigeria as if the states is 100% better than Nigeria. United States of America is the worst place to raise your kids as a nigerian young lady. so do not rant as if you have it better than anyboby.

If only the leaders had just an ounce of consciense, nigerians would not be leaving our GOD's own country to this white man' land.

@ romeo
I'm guilty of some of the things you said. My parents were outstanding to our helps, we had a lot of them because of that. When we eat they eat, when we did not eat they did not eat either. However i remember we use to sleep on the same bed. I use to be mean to one of our helps. I can see the picture clearly in mind and it makes me sick. I use to make her sleep on the foot of the bed. I would not let her sleep next to me. I would do something and then say she did it. I was a bad little spoiled kid. I don't remember her reporting it to my parents. i think i was about 7 to 10yrs old, Not quite sure though.

Anyway, when i was 13 my parents left for the states. my siblings and i were handed over to my REVEREND uncle and the wife. WE became the maids. Woke up at 5am no matter what, we were always hungry, treated like second class citizens. I would cry each time i left my younger sister with them. I was always the first to land in my dorms and the last to leave. I never went home on holidays,  i dreaded school breaks.

Why i'm writting this? these people writting nonsense forget there is karma. I suffered for 6years before reuniting with my parents
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by Revive(f): 4:30am On Dec 03, 2007
@ Uyai,
Bless you. That is nice and sweet to share. kiss May all who read think twice. Regard every body as a human being , and treat all nicely. Everybody deserves equal rights!
TOMORROW IS PREGNANT.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by romeo(m): 12:08pm On Dec 03, 2007
Revive:

@ Uyai,
Bless you. That is nice and sweet to share. kiss May all who read think twice. Regard every body as a human being , and treat all nicely. Everybody deserves equal rights!
TOMORROW IS PREGNANT.

I second that

@Uyai
i went through ur posts and discovered that you are from Uyo and a very honest human being and an example to follow!! but i was disappointed that you can not help me so much in preparing "nkwobi and isi-ewu" grin grin grin grin, Girl you are sweet and may the almighty bless you abundantly for saying a simple truth
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by Bblak(f): 5:39pm On Dec 03, 2007
Peeps in,shakes head and zoom off
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by eezzy(f): 9:39am On Dec 05, 2007
almost gets flattened by bblack at the door as she zooms off

It should be no different with any girl domestic worker or not are they
not all women. Why the wahala over this particular one. marry am off
to culprit if he'll have her.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by romeo(m): 10:06am On Dec 05, 2007
eezzy:

almost gets flattened by bblack at the door as she zooms off

It should be no different with any girl domestic worker or not are they
not all women. Why the wahala over this particular one. marry am off
to culprit if he'll have her.

What a foolish remark
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by eezzy(f): 8:24am On Dec 06, 2007
@Romeo

:oWhat's so foolish about it? The fact that you don't understand it
or the fact that you don't agree with it and does that make it foolish
or just diagreeable to you?! undecided

I reiterate that it is if he'll have her cos there are no guarantees in life
about anything, though it would be good if she marries him.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by romeo(m): 11:12am On Dec 06, 2007
eezzy:

@Romeo

shocked[b]What's so foolish about it?[/b] The fact that you don't understand it
or the fact that you don't agree with it and does that make it foolish
or just diagreeable to you?! undecided

I reiterate that it is if he'll have her because there are no guarantees in life
about anything, though it would be good if she marries him.

What you posted, or do you want a clap for suggesting that a 16yr old should be married off for making a stupid mistake? If a 31yr old man could decieve a 16yr old into having sex and eventually getting pregnant (could be rape), then he should be made to pay the whole bill incured and subsequently for the up keep of the baby and the "kid mother". Marrying her off like if she is not a human to man that didn't care enough to see the dangers of impregnating a kid and to a man the had an unprotected sex with a little kid to me is suicide
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by eezzy(f): 2:38pm On Dec 06, 2007
I see your view point. Unfortunately, we'll never
really know the real circumstance except what the poster
said, we can only wish her well.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by lasmiles(f): 10:38am On Dec 10, 2007
na wah 4 u oooooooooooooo, the pickin get papa nao, take her to your neighbour's place, where she belongs, they send am make she com work she go carry belle
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by MrCrackles(m): 11:32am On Sep 22, 2008
chei!
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by bolafex(f): 3:58pm On Nov 24, 2010
A domestic worker is just a victim of circumstance;her story might change within the twinkle of an eye so, i'l advise that all parties involved treat her like they would their daughtergrin guy who is responsible for the pregnancy must agree with the lady as to the next line of action;i dont think you have a thing to worry about in this matter.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by GODSLOVE2(f): 5:10pm On May 03, 2012
HABA SEND HER TO THE GUY,,,,,,LONG STORY CUT SHORT
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by cancaworm: 8:07am On Feb 09, 2015
Funny stories
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by Ruttashobolwa(m): 11:09pm On Feb 09, 2015
Just try to find the guy pregnented her and talk to him or you can go direct to your neighbour house and talk to them!

Try to find the way you can help..i knw that will cost your time but do for her sake..don send her home in that condition!
Try your best to help her i know you will find that guy
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by Ruttashobolwa(m): 11:11pm On Feb 09, 2015
bolafex:
A domestic worker is just a victim of circumstance;her story might change within the twinkle of an eye so, i'l advise that all parties involved treat her like they would their daughtergrin guy who is responsible for the pregnancy must agree with the lady as to the next line of action;i dont think you have a thing to worry about in this matter.
if they can not find the guy whose responsible for the pregenancy?
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by MARKone(m): 9:56am On Feb 10, 2015
Ruttashobolwa:
Just try to find the guy pregnented her and talk to him or you can go direct to your neighbour house and talk to them!

Try to find the way you can help..i knw that will cost your time but do for her sake..don send her home in that condition!
Try your best to help her i know you will find that guy

Are you for real undecided

You still dey advice for 2007 pregnancy, that is 8yrs ago, pikin don grow, i.e if the maid did not abort the pregnancy.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by Youngpo413: 2:02pm On May 15, 2015
janami:
abi o. dump her and her ghana must go there.
lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Calls Out An Eko FM Staff Who Wants To Make His Sister A Second Wife / Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? / Should My Girlfriend Go And Collect Her Things From Her Ex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.