Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. (19694 Views)

'I'm Childless! But, My Landlady Is Pregnant For My Husband!' / 'my Husband Rented A Flat For Our Maid' - Wife / My Neighbour And His Fiancee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by romeo(m): 2:24pm On Nov 27, 2007
jintujinta:

Since Romeo is so concerned about the househelp/housemaid/domestic worker case, let me ask him a question. Which is better: to have them do house maid or to have them beg on streets, where they get raped, impregnated and infected with diseases and hunger?

Dont make those who take housemaids look bad. They are not bad people. In fact, they are helping the society and the government. They are employing people.

If government fails in his responsibility, why should you blame people that are helping the situation? Besides, if we go to the roots of house maids, some parents are to blame because they give birth to children they can't take care of. So they send them as house maids. So why blame those who employ them?

Dude i visited your profile and i was shocked when i saw your age!! at 37 you still have the mentality of a villa scum, but i am not surprised because if you can not arrange your profile properly how can u arrange our society? just go and cut that picture to a proper size Mr. man

I will have to teach you this, old man!! the mere provision of food and shelter is not equal to employment. I am saying this because of your constant mentioning of the house workers being employed
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by jintujinta(m): 3:11pm On Nov 27, 2007
@ Romeo
It is obvious that you are from the bush part of Nigeria and your generations must have been slaves before you left Nigeria. You are so blind to the first and last ( 1 & 5) definitions that are not arcaich and chose, in your myopic mind to stay glued to the ones tghat mentioned archaic. How foolish you are and how uncultured your mind is. Your selective perception and retention will be your doom. Be objective for once.

I guess you are are domestic worker in Spain. You better come home and find something worthwhile to do with your life, instead of washing dishes and clothes. Useless houseboy. You even chose to define what house maid means in Nihgerian context. Is that the way your parentys were used as housemaiids? Or is that the way they used their housemaids. Stop measuring every Nigherian with your useless background and coloured judgement.

Come home and mix with reasonable people so that they can cleanse you of your unreasonable past experience in Nigeria. And learn to respect your elders. Did your parents teach you that? What you don't have, you can't give though.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by romeo(m): 3:23pm On Nov 27, 2007
jintujinta:

@ Romeo
It is obvious that you are from the bush part of Nigeria and your generations must have been slaves before you left Nigeria. You are so blind to the first and last ( 1 & 5) definitions that are not arcaich and chose, in your myopic mind to stay glued to the ones tghat mentioned archaic. How foolish you are and how uncultured your mind is. Your selective perception and retention will be your doom. Be objective for once.

I guess you are are domestic worker in Spain. You better come home and find something worthwhile to do with your life, instead of washing dishes and clothes. Useless houseboy. You even chose to define what house maid means in Nihgerian context. Is that the way your parentys were used as housemaiids? Or is that the way they used their housemaids. Stop measuring every Nigherian with your useless background and coloured judgement.

Come home and mix with reasonable people so that they can cleanse you of your unreasonable past experience in Nigeria. And learn to respect your elders. Did your parents teach you that? What you don't have, you can't give though.

At the age of 37 you still talk like this? like a clueless human being!! respect your age and talk matured.
3 years is a long way to go to get wise and please make use of it before you become a fool at 40, you know how the saying goes: "a fool at 40 is a fool forever"
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by ifyalways(f): 3:57pm On Nov 27, 2007
romeo:

At the age of 37 you still talk like this? like a clueless human being!! respect your age and talk matured.
3 years is a long way to go to get wise and please make use of it before you become a fool at 40, you know how the saying goes: "a fool at 40 is a fool forever"
grin grin grin is that really so ? cool cool cool cool

@ topic whats the latest update?what is the final fate of the maid?
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by youngies(m): 5:01pm On Nov 27, 2007
Romeo is making a valid point. No matter how we all try to pretend, we cannot ignore the issues he has raised.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by MoOdYLaDy(f): 5:20pm On Nov 27, 2007
youngies:

Romeo is making a valid point. No matter how we all try to pretend, we cannot ignore the issues he has raised.
Long time no see youngies, so you are still on NL, anyway good to see you are still alive tongue
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by youngies(m): 5:23pm On Nov 27, 2007
grin My sister long time no see, I have been in restricted circulation grin

But i'm here now, greetings!
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by MoOdYLaDy(f): 5:34pm On Nov 27, 2007
It's good to see things are well with you wink
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by Revive(f): 1:57am On Nov 28, 2007
Nigerian situation of “MAID” is slavery period.

What about the situation of the so called “Ogas” who will have young boys serve them at home and in business like a slave and at the end will not even settle them?

Romeo, u do not have to argue with any body who neither wants to learn nor be enlightened.   

Nigerian “maids” employed?  Haba some people need to wake up!

How many Nigerian maids are taken to the hospital when they are sick.  The highest most of them get is 'mixed medicines' from pathent (“chemist”) shops. When sick they still have to do the house cores. Some are also beaten up with slashes of cane even when they are sick.
How many Nigerian maids have their hair taken care of?
On Sundays the oga, madam and the ones they gave birth to dress up and go to church while the maid may have to stay back to clean the house and cook for them.
How many Nigerian maids can easily go to visit their own family? These children (called maid) are denied the need to visite and see their own family when they want.
How many Nigerian maids can eat what they feel like eating. The rest of the family where the maid is in have the right to choose what they want to eat but the maid does not have this right.
How many Nigerian maids can comfortably sit on the living room sit and watch television ? How many of them take their meal on the dinning table?
How many Nigerian maids attend decent school? Not to talk of going to university. Most of them can not speak good English in a country where English is the official language, yet it is not because they are not smart but because they were not given the opportunity to have a proper education. The list goes. Tell any of these families that they are maltreating their "maid" they tell u that it does not concern u.

If jintujinta concludes that u are a “maid” in Europe just because u are highlighting the horrible situation of the “maids” in Nigeria, just ignore it. Such a conclusion does not change u from being what u are. 

And if I may ask jintujinta, as u know it without doubts that a “maid/domestic” servant in Europe can go online as much as he/she wants, how many nigerian “maid”  know how to use computer not to talk of possibly going online? Yet u say Nigerian “maids” are employed. 

Let us call a spade a spade. It is very bad to enslave these kids just because they come from a ‘less priviledged’ background. Lets be honest, how many of us would be able to go through what these “maids” are going through just for one week? I do not like unreasonable arguments. If u have been doing something out of ignorant, then change as soon as u got to know.

Besides  “maid” can stand for different meanings just like “light” for e.g. can stand for different meanings. For instance “light” (as in not heavy) and “light” as in (what u use to see at night). There are so many words that have more than one meaning. As far as the "Nigerian maid" is concerned we all know the meaning. We don’t need a dictionary for that.

shocked   angry If there is a need to open a dictionary here, I think jintujinta should be looking up the meaning of "employedcheesy
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by almondjoy(f): 3:06am On Nov 28, 2007
Why are you guys so hung up on this word "maid"?  Domestic worker/maid/servant/housegirl are all the same things because the job description is the same.  We might not like the terminologies, but face it guys same meaning.

If you feel bad about the socio-economic problems in Nigeria, well you can petition your Nigerian government to make life better for all.  Nairaland is not exactly the place to do all that ranting!

@Dexlomo.

Poster where are you jare?  I have a few burning questions to ask you oooooooooooooooooh! grin
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by Nobody: 3:07am On Nov 28, 2007
he is somewhere behind alaba market with a fellow man lipsrsealed
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by almondjoy(f): 3:10am On Nov 28, 2007
I was not going to ask him about that oh! tongue Please let us respect his private live!  After all we all have our own "stories" told to Nairaland! grin

It was supposed to be in strict confidence!
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by jankaraman(m): 5:15am On Nov 28, 2007
@poster
your interest in this is very interesting. Are you sure you did not do what ODIX did when he was a youth corper only you did not 'escape' like he did and now you want to blame it all on your 'good' neigbhor? Make you talk true o! wink
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by romeo(m): 5:35am On Nov 28, 2007
almondjoy:

Why are you guys so hung up on this word "maid"? Domestic worker/maid/servant/housegirl are all the same things because the job description is the same. We might not like the terminologies, but face it guys same meaning.

If you feel bad about the socio-economic problems in Nigeria, well you can petition your Nigerian government to make life better for all. Nairaland is not exactly the place to do all that ranting!

I am so much into this "maid" stuff because i want changes and changes will come when we do not keep mute on this issue, but i want to believe you are in a developed and enlightened part of this world, if not i will understand your stance.

The Nigerian govt. is me and you and the rest of Nigerians, and Nairaland is a very good medium for this for your information.

@Revive
May God bless you and the rest of your family for knowing the truth and saying it openly
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by debosky(m): 6:07am On Nov 28, 2007
the maid issue may be a serious one, with many abuses and law violations, but many people treat these 'maids' welland give them a chance to develop and grow.

Like Mamaput said, some parents are sending these kids out anyways, and MOST if not ALL of these 'maids' get paid, the only thing is that the money gets sent to the 'parents' or 'uncles' somewhere in the hinterland.

Some get used as informants to rob the owners, some are encouraged to 'run away' and go and do 'business' in Lagos, different experiences exist and no single classification can encompass them all.
But I do believe the govt should enforce its laws on child labor.

But that is a separate issue.

This poster himself (regardless of his 'adofuro' excapades) is not the one who made her a maid, and it seems she receives some level of care/comfort within the family. The truth is, whenever someone gets pregnant, the prevailing habit is to send that person to the parents or the relatives, even if its not a 'maid'.

A girl getting pregnant while living with her aunt for example, will still be sent to her parents, its not a matter of 'what if she was your sister'.

The tailor should be questioned when the parents return, and the veracity of the impregnation claims be checked, then the man made to face up to his responsibilities, in concert with the parents and the girl involved.

a side note. . .from Berger to Ojota shocked shocked like AL talk, mouth no pain you?? grin grin
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by romeo(m): 6:28am On Nov 28, 2007
debosky:

a side note. . .from Berger to Ojota shocked shocked like AL talk, mouth no pain you?? grin grin

LMAO
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by mamaput(f): 9:01am On Nov 28, 2007
jintujinta:

It is obvious that you are from the bush part of Nigeria and your generations must have been slaves before you left Nigeria

respect elders? did you not just call his people slaves there are parts of the world that even a 14 year old boy will kill you for this statement.

This forum is full of very young people we the few old ones are on their territory so we act like visitors.
respect only to those that give it,
what will you say if Seun bans you he about 23 .

romeo is right in everything he says and to add to it, if you want to help keep the kids off the road, go and build an sos village for kids with your friends.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by youngies(m): 9:59am On Nov 28, 2007
Truth be told, the definition of a 'Nigerian maid' cannot be found in any dictionary but only on a 1st hand experience. In Nigeria, "maid" is derogatory and nobody including "maids" is proud to be addressed like that.

The essence of a forum like this is for people to learn from their ignorance while allowing others the right to continue to express their ignorance.

, I need to catch a bus from Berger to Ojota  tongue
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by jintujinta(m): 12:00pm On Nov 28, 2007
Revive:

Nigerian situation of “MAID” is slavery period.

What about the situation of the so called “Ogas” who will have young boys serve them at home and in business like a slave and at the end will not even settle them?

Romeo, u do not have to argue with any body who neither wants to learn nor be enlightened.

Nigerian “maids” employed? Haba some people need to wake up!

How many Nigerian maids are taken to the hospital when they are sick. The highest most of them get is 'mixed medicines' from pathent (“chemist”) shops. When sick they still have to do the house cores. Some are also beaten up with slashes of cane even when they are sick.
How many Nigerian maids have their hair taken care of?
On Sundays the oga, madam and the ones they gave birth to dress up and go to church while the maid may have to stay back to clean the house and cook for them.
How many Nigerian maids can easily go to visit their own family? These children (called maid) are denied the need to visite and see their own family when they want.
How many Nigerian maids can eat what they feel like eating. The rest of the family where the maid is in have the right to choose what they want to eat but the maid does not have this right.
How many Nigerian maids can comfortably sit on the living room sit and watch television ? How many of them take their meal on the dinning table?
How many Nigerian maids attend decent school? Not to talk of going to university. Most of them can not speak good English in a country where English is the official language, yet it is not because they are not smart but because they were not given the opportunity to have a proper education. The list goes. Tell any of these families that they are maltreating their "maid" they tell u that it does not concern u.

If jintujinta concludes that u are a “maid” in Europe just because u are highlighting the horrible situation of the “maids” in Nigeria, just ignore it. Such a conclusion does not change u from being what u are.

And if I may ask jintujinta, as u know it without doubts that a “maid/domestic” servant in Europe can go online as much as he/she wants, how many nigerian “maid” know how to use computer not to talk of possibly going online? Yet u say Nigerian “maids” are employed.

Let us call a spade a spade. It is very bad to enslave these kids just because they come from a ‘less priviledged’ background. Lets be honest, how many of us would be able to go through what these “maids” are going through just for one week? I do not like unreasonable arguments. If u have been doing something out of ignorant, then change as soon as u got to know.

Besides “maid” can stand for different meanings just like “light” for e.g. can stand for different meanings. For instance “light” (as in not heavy) and “light” as in (what u use to see at night). There are so many words that have more than one meaning. As far as the "Nigerian maid" is concerned we all know the meaning. We don’t need a dictionary for that.

shocked angry If there is a need to open a dictionary here, I think jintujinta should be looking up the meaning of "employed" cheesy

I dont know the time you left Nigeria and i dont know the kind of people you interacted with but one thing i know is that you have a wrong view of "maids" in Nigeria. Just like some employers in real companies dont treat their staff well and others treat them well, same way therer are families who dont treat "maids" well and there are others who treat them like thier sisters or brothers. Till you get to another man's farm , you will think your father's farm is the largest.

You people should interact with people who have human feelings and you will know that not all "maids" are ill treated. It is obvious that many of you are not ready to learn. The ignorance you push to others, stink so much around you. Try and associate with real people and know that not all familioes are heartless as you want the nairalanders to believe.

mamaput:

respect elders? did you not just call his people slaves there are parts of the world that even a 14 year old boy will kill you for this statement.

This forum is full of very young people we the few old ones are on their territory so we act like visitors.
respect only to those that give it,
what will you say if Seun bans you he about 23 .

romeo is right in everything he says and to add to it, if you want to help keep the kids off the road, go and build an sos village for kids with your friends.

I dont know if you really want to be objective or biased but if you read well, you will see that he started abuses right from his first post on this thread. He also started it with me. My response was just to give him a dose of his pill.

When i see people rushing to call people names on this forum, it tells me one thing. they are immatured, weak and unaccommodating. That people dont share your views doen not mean you should abuse them. A wise man once said" Rudeness is a weak man's immitation of strength" So i know the depth of character of each from the way they respond to issues.

As for the ban, what do you think i care if anyone bans me for airing my views? Do i earn a living on nairaland? I just come around top kill time. I am a member of more matured forums, where other people's views are respected, and name calling is not the vogue.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by jintujinta(m): 12:07pm On Nov 28, 2007
I still insist that "Maids" in Nigeria are not slaves. It is just like the case of the six blind men who went to know what an elephant is. Each one described it based on the side of the elephant that he touched. So each one has described a maid based on his/her experience and exposure to maids. So i will quote another easonable post on this thread,

almondjoy:

Why are you guys so hung up on this word "maid"? Domestic worker/maid/servant/housegirl are all the same things because the job description is the same. We might not like the terminologies, but face it guys same meaning.

Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by Revive(f): 1:47pm On Nov 28, 2007
@jintujinta
One word is enough for a wise. The “maids” u know in Nigeria are driven to school with limousine and fed with golden spoon. Okay we hear u.

@poster
Now let’s get back to the poster and his new developments. Poster your parents don come back? What is the latest situation now? Are u still very much restless about this “nuisance “ situation? Ee yaa, u must be very kind oo. Keep us posted on new matters arising.

Meanwhile with your kind good heart please make sure the pregnant maid girl is well taken care of. Abortion is out of the question because it is murder.

When the child is born, kindly help them to go for a DNA test to determine the father. So the new family (girl, baby and father) will be reunited.

Please take heart o, all these things can be very worrying and could possible not give one time to travel again from Berger to Ojota. But at least at the end of every thing, the good news is  that  the house help's level will soon be elevated from “maid” to Madam and u will have time to do different kinds of city to city, town to town, church to backyard travels. cheesy

Take heart o it is not easy.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by kokorunna(m): 2:29pm On Nov 28, 2007
Hand her over to your neighbour who made her pregnant in the first place, no bi u own problem
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by youngies(m): 2:35pm On Nov 28, 2007
jintujinta:

I still insist that "Maids" in Nigeria are not slaves. It is just like the case of the six blind men who went to know what an elephant is. Each one described it based on the side of the elephant that he touched. So each one has described a maid based on his/her experience and exposure to maids. So i will quote another easonable post on this thread,

I wonder why you should single out this quote and term it 'reasonable'
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by chisomness(f): 4:39pm On Nov 28, 2007
hmmmmm
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by romeo(m): 4:44pm On Nov 28, 2007
jintujinta:

@ Romeo
I think this guy romeo needs to be schooled before he gets lost in his spanish mentality. Below are the dictionary meanings of maid. Tell me what is derogatory in the way the poster has used it. Wake up boy and stop all that forming. Who are you forming for?

maid [mayd]
(plural maids)
noun
1. woman domestic worker: a female domestic employee such as one working in a hotel or tourist accommodations
2. young unmarried woman: a young unmarried woman (archaic or literary) (sometimes offensive)
3. unmarried woman: an unmarried woman past middle age (archaic or literary) (often offensive)
4. virgin: a woman who has never had sexual intercourse (archaic or literary)
5. woman servant: a female servant, especially one working in a large private house

Microsoft® Encarta® 2007. © 1993-2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

pathethic old liar, who started abusing who here? me or you? such a low life!! i have noticed you in Nairaland, please clap for yourself
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by jintujinta(m): 5:46pm On Nov 28, 2007
Dont worry, when Oyinbo man is through with using you as houseboy wherever you are now, we will find an old woman that will use you as a houseboy in Nigeria. When you are one, you can now come with your theory, form a union of house maids and then fight for your right. For now, i leave you with your fate as Oyinbo man's houseboy.

Zoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by oyie(f): 5:46pm On Nov 28, 2007
u guys are making my laughter to dry.

maid,house wats the difference?

romeo
u want to change things?
then come to niga and do something real(not start one ngo-and just make noise ooooooo),stop confusing yourself n us  about which word is beta-maid,housegirl or domestic worker

poster

na wa o.hope u took panadol for your mouth when u left that bus that day!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by feelgood(m): 6:22pm On Nov 28, 2007
@mamaput
some food for thought there - about us being on their turf, that is. You sure have a way of saying it as it is; though I'm naturally not for 'railing against railing' anywhere, ur post sure helps in self checks. Incidentally, my kids are on Nairaland too & sure wouldnt want their Paw involved in dirty 'fights'. Thanks girl.
@jintujinta
tho I consider you a young man, but mamaput's got a point there, yes?
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by mamaput(f): 9:06pm On Nov 28, 2007
my kids are not on this forum. they will never come were i am.But i did regester myself on their forums just to keep an eye on what they are up to
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by romeo(m): 9:07pm On Nov 28, 2007
jintujinta:

Dont worry, when Oyinbo man is through with using you as houseboy wherever you are now, we will find an old woman that will use you as a houseboy in Nigeria. When you are one, you can now come with your theory, form a union of house maids and then fight for your right. For now, i leave you with your fate as Oyinbo man's houseboy.

Zoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Even as a houseboy here i can buy you a better tie and clothe, useless 37 years old fool. Nitwit

oyie:

u guys are making my laughter to dry.

maid,house wats the difference?

romeo
u want to change things?
then come to niga and do something real(not start one ngo-and just make noise ooooooo),stop confusing yourself n us about which word is beta-maid,housegirl or domestic worker

@oyie

this is a beautiful place to learn but if you like remain ignorant
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by mamaput(f): 9:08pm On Nov 28, 2007
jintujinta  i have been saying it all along maids in Nigeria = to modern slavery.
look it up with amnesty international
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by mamaput(f): 9:34pm On Nov 28, 2007
A houseboy in Germany gets minimum 7 € an hour
7€ times 8 hours= 56 a day
times 5 day a week because he must have 2 day off is 280 € a week
Times 4 weeks is1120€ a month
that is without extras like extra hours or working on sundays. or at night.
if he works on christmaChristmasic holiday its double pay.
we are talking of housboy that did not go to school

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? / Male Babies Suck Breast More Than Female Babies, WHY? / Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.