Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. (19693 Views)

'I'm Childless! But, My Landlady Is Pregnant For My Husband!' / 'my Husband Rented A Flat For Our Maid' - Wife / My Neighbour And His Fiancee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by romeo(m): 9:34pm On Nov 28, 2007
Another thread by a member about same topic for those with a little bit of sanity in their thinking faculty

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-10441.0.html

Another site about same topic

http://uk.oneworld.net/article/view/135241/1/

Another moronic view of house helps, but i am glad some sane people were on the site

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/sylvester-ojenagbon/darling-do-we-really-need-a.html

and the list goes on

A 2003 FOS/ILO National Child Labour Survey estimates that there are 15 million children engaged in child labour in Nigeria. These children are also vulnerable to being forced into prostitution, or, in many instances, are trafficked internationally.
source http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/nigeria_25508.html

that is almost 11% of the population, Gosh
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by almondjoy(f): 9:50pm On Nov 28, 2007
Nigerian graduates have not gotten well paid jobs e come be "domestic" workers!  hmm! keep dreaming.  Yes, in most cases, the environment in which these domestic workers live and work is criminal. Why?  The society make it so.  Do they care?

My problem is that 99% of these "domestic" workers have some severe neurological impairment.  Just looking at them, you can surmise that nothing can enter or come out of those brains.  The ignorance runs deep in the lineage and there is not hope of salvation at all. No exposure what so ever that any fool can be lured into bed with a bottle of coke or bubble gum.  I  wake up some morinings and looked out of the window, at most of them and I ask myself--how does someone help these ones now?  You look at the gate keeper, driver, cook, gardner, houseboy or housegirl--all are severely retarded. 

ust by observing the way they move around in your compound.   You are so depressed.  But someone has to do those jobs and that is the best they can be at that time.  All I have is pity.  While the means to better these dregs of society are being looted by a few individuals.  You can not force water out of a rock like Moses.  Nothing short of a miracle I say, can salvage the futures of most of these illiterate minimum wage earners.

Paying them well is not the issue.  What kind of future do they have?  None.  Just by interacting with some of them alone--a wave of depression hits you.  You get a feeling that the brain died at birth from lack of oxygen or something. These are the kinds of people employed to live in the same house with our kids? shocked  Heavens forbid!!!!  No matter how much you invest in them, nothing can come out of it.  That is the reality. The damage has been long established.

Even the domestic work most can't even get it right.  Simple cognitive tasks cannot be performed. You are constantly shouting and correcting. Please there are some people that can never be helped.   God help me--for I did not make them that way. The very few that have been unfortunate and have some little brain wave activity can be encouraged-to a point.  The majority---no hope at all.  Just simple menial tasks cannot be accomplished as most of them act like they have 2 left hands or 2 left feet.  The society we live in Nigeria does not help.  Some are just destined to be generational dullards and all they do is end up pregnant as in this case and the cycle repeats it self from generation to generation.  As long as this remains the case, the lot of these domestic workers can never be improved.

Now tell me what future the poster's "domestic" worker has now?  Forced into a marriage of "who knows the daddy"!  Raising her own children in the same environment she will probably die in.  No hope I say!

It's unfortunate.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by romeo(m): 9:59pm On Nov 28, 2007
almondjoy:

Nigerian graduates have not gotten well paid jobs e come be "domestic" workers! hmm! keep dreaming.

My problem is that 99% of these "domestic" workers have some severe neurological impairment. Just looking at them, you can surmise that nothing can enter or come out of those brains. The ignorance runs deep in the lineage and there is not hope of salvation at all. I look at most of them and I ask myself--how does someone help these ones now. Paying them well is not the issue. What kind of future do they have? None. Just by interacting with some of them alone--a wave of depression hits you. You get a feeling that the brain died at birth from lack of oxygen or something. These are the kinds of people employed to live in the same house with our kids? shocked Heavens forbid!!!!

Even the domestic work they can't even get it right. Please there are some people that can never be helped. The very few that have been unfortunate and have some little brain wave activity can be encouraged. The majority---no hope at all. Just simple menial tasks cannot be accomplished as most of them act like they have 2 left hands or 2 left feet. The society we live in Nigeria does not help. Some are just destined to be generational dullards and all they do is end up pregnant as in this case and the cycle repeats it self from generation to generation.

It's unfortunate.

you are pathethic
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by almondjoy(f): 10:03pm On Nov 28, 2007
romeo:

you are pathethic

Thank you! kiss
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by romeo(m): 10:08pm On Nov 28, 2007
Thank your ignorance and keep that fake kiss somewhere else
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by almondjoy(f): 10:18pm On Nov 28, 2007
romeo:

Thank your ignorance and keep that fake kiss somewhere else

You may be in some foreign country, but your day dreamings about the welfare of Nigerian "domestic" workers end at just that--DREAMINGS.  You go to Nigeria and preach all this and let me see what basis in reality you will have.

The way you are championing this course of "help the domestic workers", one can only suspect that you have impregnated a few yourself before you left and you have never rested from your guilt!

That is a cross you will have to carry for the rest of your life.  Gong-Ho-ing on Nairaland will not give you peace! 

For once--GET REAL!

Have yourself a Merry "little' Xmas and a happy, safe and prosperous 2008! kiss
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by romeo(m): 10:23pm On Nov 28, 2007
almondjoy:

You may be in some foreign country, but your day dreamings about the welfare of Nigerian "domestic" workers end just that. You go to Nigeria and preach all this and let me see what basis in reality you have.

The way you are championing this course of "help the domestic workers", one can only suspect that you have impregnated a few yourself before you left and you have never rested from your guilt!

That is a cross you will have to carry for the rest of your life. Gong-Ho-ing on Nairaland will not give you peace!

For once--GET REAL!

Merry Xmas and a happy safe and prosperous 2008! kiss

what a lame reply, if you don't have something intelligent to say just keep mute or maybe you are used to being ridiculous
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by Revive(f): 1:05am On Nov 29, 2007
almondjoy:

Nigerian graduates have not gotten well paid jobs e come be "domestic" workers!  hmm! keep dreaming.  Yes, in most cases, the environment in which these domestic workers live and work is criminal. Why? The society make it so. Do they care?

My problem is that 99% of these "domestic" workers have some severe neurological impairment.  Just looking at them, you can surmise that nothing can enter or come out of those brains.  The ignorance runs deep in the lineage and there is not hope of salvation at all. No exposure what so ever that any fool can be lured into bed with a bottle of coke or bubble gum.  I wake up some morinings and looked out of the window, at most of them and I ask myself--how does someone help these ones now?  You look at the gate keeper, driver, cook, gardner, houseboy or housegirl--all are severely retarded.

Just by observing the way they move around in your compound. You are so depressed.  But someone has to do those jobs and that is the best they can be at that timeAll I have is pity.  While the means to better these dregs of society are being looted by a few individuals.  You can not force water out of a rock like Moses. Nothing short of a miracle I say, can salvage the futures of most of these illiterate minimum wage earners.

Paying them well is not the issue.  What kind of future do they have?  None.  Just by interacting with some of them alone--a wave of depression hits you.  You get a feeling that the brain died at birth from lack of oxygen or something. These are the kinds of people employed to live in the same house with our kids? shocked  Heavens forbid!!!!  No matter how much you invest in them, nothing can come out of it.[/color][color=#990000][/color]  That is the reality. The damage has been long established.

Even the domestic work most can't even get it right.  Simple cognitive tasks cannot be performed. You are constantly shouting and correcting. [color=#990000]Please there are some people that can never be helped.
   God help me--for I did not make them that way. The very few that have been unfortunate and have some little brain wave activity can be encouraged-to a point.  The majority---no hope at all.  Just simple menial tasks cannot be accomplished as most of them act like they have 2 left hands or 2 left feet.   The society we live in Nigeria does not help.  Some are just destined to be generational dullards and all they do is end up pregnant as in this case and the cycle repeats it self from generation to generation.  As long as this remains the case, the lot of these domestic workers can never be improved.

Now tell me what future the poster's "domestic" worker has now? Forced into a marriage of "who knows the daddy"! Raising her own children in the same environment she will probably die in. No hope I say!

It's unfortunate.

Shocked to hear these!  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. unbelievable that somebody will say these.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by Nobody: 1:14am On Nov 29, 2007
almondjoy:

It's unfortunate.

what is more unfortunate is that good fortune has been wasted on someone like you. I read your treatise on those who for no fault of theirs dont have the good fortune you were blessed with and i just wonder . . . what kind of mother and role model are you?
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by almondjoy(f): 5:27am On Nov 29, 2007
romeo:

what a lame reply, if you don't have something intelligent to say just keep mute or maybe you are used to being ridiculous

Revive:

Shocked to hear these!  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. unbelievable that somebody will say these.

davidylan:

what is more unfortunate is that good fortune has been wasted on someone like you. I read your treatise on those who for no fault of theirs don't have the good fortune you were blessed with and i just wonder . . . what kind of mother and role model are you?

You guys are just being unecessarily sentimental. 

@davidylan
I will address your concerns as best as I can. If you had contributed anything to the topic from the beginning it would have been a much objective viewpoint.  Devoting your first entry to me here is very flattering. As for what kind of mother I am?  The one that cares enough not to allow my kids to see that kind of wickedness whereby you have a 10 year old in most houses in Nigeria as domestic workers.  How do I explain such wickednes to them?. The civil rights abuse legacy of your so-called Nigerian leaders.  Please, don't get personal. Just look at your Nigerian society and think of ways to stop the civil rights abuse including, worst of all, aimed at underage workers.  That is the fault of the Nigerian society collectively and not mine ok?

@Revive
Why are you shocked?  In as much as politically incorrect my long analysis of the fate of "domestic workers" in Nigeria looks--it is the fact. Most of them cannot be helped.  Not that I am happy about it.  It is just the reality in Nigeria.  When you compare the way other societies take care of their citizens and the way Nigeria takes care of its citizens.  The main reason why I cannot stand the Nigerian society most of the time.

There is a large gap socio-economically between the wealthy and the poor.  No middle class.  My concern is the future of the so-called minimum wage earners.    Whenever you visit, take a look at the "domestic workers" and tell me what kinds of ways you can improve their "lot" in Nigeria with the kind of social and educational amenities we have in Nigeria.

Sorry, the words came out too strong for some of you.  No apologies offered! Next time please petition your Nigerian government to stop its looting spree and consider the millions of domestic workers who have been marginalized from birth and have been sold into mental slavery.  Nairaland cannot solve those problems.  Do Dr. Watson's theories come to mind?  When you can employ 5 year olds as domestic workers--it says a lot about the system.  We are all saying the same thing but in different languages. Nigeria is breeding a might fine generation of idiots and the powers that be are determined to keep them that way.  Not ma fault---so take your anger to your relatives in government ok?

@romeo
Like I said--if you got issues with my statements--your anger is misplaced---please channel them to the right sources.  While you rant and rave here, more of your beloved domestic workers or minimum wage earners are being futher sold into mental slavery and can never rise above the level of culturally conditioned imbeciles!  That was the main problem Dr. Watson had with the future of Africa as a whole--a continent of generational idiots!--Programmed never to use whatever brain matter they have.  Once who have no exposure to the basic amenities to improve their self worth all because some people forever want to feel and live like kings.   Not my fault at all.  The sooner you realize that the better for us all.

You all are here typing rubbish. Have you ever wondered what will become of this pregnant "domestic worker" henceforth. Please focus and don't get all knotted up psychologically. I pray my kids never have to encounter that kind of enviroment where a 10 year old has the IQ of a fetus all because there are no services in place to improve themselves and the people do not just care! Now that was one the reasons I had to leave Nigeria. No hope I say--no hope at all!

Have a good night! kiss
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by Nobody: 5:41am On Nov 29, 2007
almondjoy:

Nigerian graduates have not gotten well paid jobs e come be "domestic" workers! hmm! keep dreaming. Yes, in most cases, the environment in which these domestic workers live and work is criminal. Why? The society make it so. Do they care?

My problem is that 99% of these "domestic" workers have some severe neurological impairment. Just looking at them, you can surmise that nothing can enter or come out of those brains. The ignorance runs deep in the lineage and there is not hope of salvation at all. No exposure what so ever that any fool can be lured into bed with a bottle of coke or bubble gum. I wake up some morinings and looked out of the window, at most of them and I ask myself--how does someone help these ones now? You look at the gate keeper, driver, cook, gardner, houseboy or housegirl--all are severely retarded. J

ust by observing the way they move around in your compound. You are so depressed. But someone has to do those jobs and that is the best they can be at that time. All I have is pity. While the means to better these dregs of society are being looted by a few individuals. You can not force water out of a rock like Moses. Nothing short of a miracle I say, can salvage the futures of most of these illiterate minimum wage earners.

Paying them well is not the issue. What kind of future do they have? None. Just by interacting with some of them alone--a wave of depression hits you. You get a feeling that the brain died at birth from lack of oxygen or something. These are the kinds of people employed to live in the same house with our kids? shocked Heavens forbid!!!! No matter how much you invest in them, nothing can come out of it. That is the reality. The damage has been long established.

Even the domestic work most can't even get it right. Simple cognitive tasks cannot be performed. You are constantly shouting and correcting. Please there are some people that can never be helped. God help me--for I did not make them that way. The very few that have been unfortunate and have some little brain wave activity can be encouraged-to a point. The majority---no hope at all. Just simple menial tasks cannot be accomplished as most of them act like they have 2 left hands or 2 left feet. The society we live in Nigeria does not help. Some are just destined to be generational dullards and all they do is end up pregnant as in this case and the cycle repeats it self from generation to generation. As long as this remains the case, the lot of these domestic workers can never be improved.

Now tell me what future the poster's "domestic" worker has now? Forced into a marriage of "who knows the daddy"! Raising her own children in the same environment she will probably die in. No hope I say!

It's unfortunate.

almond you crossed the line here o.
That response about housegirls and househelps was very  cold.
Have you no empathy?
Did you choose the womb you came out of?
You almost sound like what the average white man says about the average black,including you.

That was not funny at all.
It was insensitive,it was degrading,it was ruthless.
I'm sure you had "maids" growing up.
It's not difficult to see what treatments you may have given them.
Since you describe them with such subhuman adjectives.
Any one of us including you could someday find ourselves at the mercies of other people.
That is obviously not the way we would want them to view us if that happens.
Remember that Mike Tyson was once a multimillionaire
The last we heard of him,he was a boarder at a homeless shelter.
Life is totally unpredictable dear.

You need to retract that statement,that would make you a mature adult.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by almondjoy(f): 6:03am On Nov 29, 2007
nwando:

almond you crossed the line here o.
That response about housegirls and househelps was very  cold.
Have you no empathy?[/b]Did you choose the womb you came out of?
You almost sound like what the average white man says about the average black,including you.

[b]That was not funny at all.
It was insensitive,it was degrading,it was ruthless.[/b]I'm sure you had "maids" growing up.

It's not difficult to see what treatments you may have given them.
[b]Since you describe them with such subhuman adjectives.

Any one of us including you could someday find ourselves at the mercies of other people.
That is obviously not the way we would want them to view us if that happens.
Remember that Mike Tyson was once a multimillionaire
The last we heard of him,he was a boarder at a homeless shelter.

Life is totally unpredictable dear.

You need to retract that statement,that would make you a mature adult.

No apologies my dear.  I stand be my words! You can take them to the bank any day.  Too bad you chose to see just the superficial words and missed the underlying  message.  Nothing to retract.  That is the future of Africa.  A continent of generational imbeciles--masquerading as "domestic workers".  I have had the misfortune of encountering a lot in my time and it gives me no joy to know that we have all these wealth and cannot do better than populating our country with idiots. How can people raise children in that kind of environment. 

I did not have the pleasure of having domestic helps when I was growing up in Nigeria till much later when we all had to leave for the Universities.  We had a lot of family members living with us so I did not notice all that nonsense.  I only realized the abomination of civil rights abuse--AFTER I LEFT NIGERIA and compared to how domestic workers were treated abroad.  Please, I have sympathy for them and that is why I am wasting my time writing all this.  Something has to be done.  The general mentality in Nigeria is that of "if they are all educated, who will drive me and who will cook for me"?

When next you visit Nigeria, please take a good look at the so called domestic workers, and come back and tell me what you see.  Most of them are a burden to society.  Some have been gatemen and househelps for decades serving at least 3 generations.  You think I am happy about it?  An oil producing country with a 75-90% illiteracy rate--among domestic workers, can only keep churning out such imbeciles. 

When I last visited we had a young girl--I think 14 or 16 living with my parents because her mother could not take care of her.  She caused so much problems and we did not even know she was skipping school.  Till I was travelling back and she had taken the key to the pantry with her to school.  Only to track her down to school and found out there was no school that day.  We had to break the locks to get my stuff out of there so I do not miss my flight.

Asked this girl where she had been--she said with "friends".  Only to find out she has not been going to school for weeks.  Her last report card was forged and boy!---- the girl came up with all kinds of stories of "spiritual attacks" and all what not.  Look, my parents had to send her away to her mother. Now the mother is begging to send her back because she cannot cope.  My father refuses before she ends up like the poster in this story and the poor old man is accused of "knocking her up" in his randy old age! cool

Most drivers have been driving for over 20-30 years with no means of advancement.  Most of them cannot see where they are going-and are still driving around without prescription glasses. Most have never seen the 3 walls of classroom---since most Nigerian classrooms have not roof tops!.  Most cannot even read.  What kind of country is that?

No apologies my dear.  These are dregs of society, failed by society.  No apologies.  Take it up with IBB, OBJ and YAD! kiss
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by Nobody: 6:08am On Nov 29, 2007
bitter almonds . . . sorry for my harsh earlier reply . . . yes maybe a lot of us are being sentimental but unecessarily i think not.
My very first baptism to the other side of life was in secondary school . . . this boy could not afford shoes for 2yrs!! He ate roasted insects for lunch daily (i ended up giving him mine because i never felt hungry anyway) . . . but very very intelligent. I never beat this guy in any exam no matter how hard i tried and he survived by borrowing textbooks to read.

The essence of my jumbled tale, we dont choose the situations to which we are born. The best we can do is thank God for our lives, improve it as much as we can and help those around us not so fortunate.
You really need to get close to this people you put down, they are humans like you, you'd be surprised at how wonderful they can be when we put down our walls of prejudice.

Like Nwando succintly put . . . its funny you shld be making such a post when less than 50yrs ago the white man had a much less favorable oppinion of you. count urself lucky, if you were born in 1918, you wont be making so much noise about having a US passport!
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by Nobody: 6:13am On Nov 29, 2007
almondjoy:

When you go to Nigeria next. Take a look and come back and tell me what you see. Most of them are a burden to society. Some have been gatemen and househelps for decades serving at least 3 generations. You think I am happy about it. An oil producint country with a 75-90% illiteracy rate, can only keep churning out such imbeciles.

all you have said made very little sense i didnt bother to quote it all. So the problem with Nigeria is the gateman, househelp and farmer?
That smacks of someone who knows too little about what she pretends to address.

The problem with Nigeria to be frank is attitudes such as yours. Our leaders see themselves as gods meant to be served by the people rather than serve the people. in 1985 Umaru Dikko told us Nigerians were not poor because he had not seen anyone eating from the dustbin yet!

It is so sad! If not for civil rights, the americans would have gladly deported you to go live with those you call imbeciles. You live in the US today, you can afford a big mouth.

75-90% illiteracy rate? At least if you wont be rational be truthful!
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by almondjoy(f): 6:23am On Nov 29, 2007
davidylan:

bitter almonds . . . sorry for my harsh earlier reply . . . yes maybe a lot of us are being sentimental but unecessarily i think not.
My very first baptism to the other side of life was in secondary school . . . this boy could not afford shoes for 2yrs!! He ate roasted insects for lunch daily (i ended up giving him mine because i never felt hungry anyway) . . . but very very intelligent. I never beat this guy in any exam no matter how hard i tried and he survived by borrowing textbooks to read.

The essence of my jumbled tale, we don't choose the situations to which we are born. The best we can do is thank God for our lives, improve it as much as we can and help those around us not so fortunate.
You really need to get close to this people you put down, they are humans like you, you'd be surprised at how wonderful they can be when we put down our walls of prejudice.

Like Nwando succintly put . . . its funny you shld be making such a post when less than 50yrs ago the white man had a much less favorable oppinion of you. count yourself lucky, if you were born in 1918, you wont be making so much noise about having a US passport!

Dear davidylan,

I am not putting anyone down. It is just the reality of what I see.  I have a few problems with the bolded sections of your statement. Sorry to disappoint you.  Point of correction---the Nigerian society made them that way by socio-economically limiting their choices of improvement out of selfishness and mean-spiritedness.  

Yes, the white man may have made similar comparison to my race or gender and are still doing so today.  But guess what?  I have the means to overcome all that.  What you have in Nigeria is a conscious suppression of lower classed citizenry which I think is the ultimate sin against your own people. The white man can talk all he wants, but it is left for me to do what I want to do with my life simply because I have choices.  

What kinds of choices do the "domestic workers in Nigeria" have to improve themselves?  You mentioned the tale of "the boy without shoes"--those only constitute like 10% of the unfortunate lot.  With the majority of domestic workers with no meaningful futures but a live time of servitude coupled with illiteracy and classic imbecility--No wonder we have the kinds of government officials we have in Nigeria today.

Small wonder.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by Nobody: 6:31am On Nov 29, 2007
almondjoy:

What kinds of choices do the "domestic workers in Nigeria" have to improve themselves? You mentioned the tale of "the boy without shoes"--those only constitute like 10% of the unfortunate lot. With the majority of domestic workers with no meaningful futures but a live time of servitude coupled with illiteracy and classic imbecility--No wonder we have the kinds of government officials we have in Nigeria today.

I disagree with your conclusion . . . the situation of things in our obodo country is the result of the idiots in power (OIP) and NOT because of illiteracy or imbecility.

Does it make sense that Babangida would steal $12bn oil windfall? Abacha stole almost $2bn in less than 5 yrs . . . is it the fault of the common man that he cannot put food on the table?

I dont blame our people, if they had a choice they'd be in school instead of serving as househelps. Even those who regard themselves as "graduates" spend yrs walking the streets looking for non-existent jobs while our government is only interested in hosting commonwealth games. What hope is there for those who cant even afford to enter public schools?
While Atiku was busy building ABTI, children in his own local government make do with trees for classrooms . . . are these the people we hail as "leaders"?
The REAL imbeciles are not those who choose the high road to labour for their daily bread . . . they are those well dressed crooks in power who sabotage the soul of a nation for 30 pieces of silver!
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by almondjoy(f): 6:35am On Nov 29, 2007
davidylan:

all you have said made very little sense i didnt bother to quote it all. So the problem with Nigeria is the gateman, househelp and farmer?

That smacks of someone who knows too little about what she pretends to address.

The problem with Nigeria to be frank is attitudes such as yours.

Our leaders see themselves as gods meant to be served by the people rather than serve the people. in 1985 Umaru Dikko told us Nigerians were not poor because he had not seen anyone eating from the dustbin yet!

It is so sad! If not for civil rights, the americans would have gladly deported you to go live with those you call imbeciles. You live in the US today, you can afford a big mouth.

75-90% illiteracy rate? At least if you wont be rational be truthful!

Please davidylan stick with the trend of this discussion.  Yes!  The %age of the gen pop of domestic workers who can spell their names is only about 10-25%.  Once again, you missed the point because I think we are saying the same thing in different "passionate" terms.

And what exactly do you think my attitude is?

Superiority?
Haughtiness?
Cream of the croppish?
Royalty?
Condecending?

Read between the lines.  You are too smart for that cheap trick. Yes thank God for a place that at least tries to make up for past wrongs and have civil right laws to improve the net worth of its citizens and even illegal aliens--you can't beat that. Then you think I will be crazy enough to raise my kids in Nigeria? shocked

I will restate it for you, incase you missed it.  There is nothing you can do in most cases to help domestic workers rise above such cruel living standards in Nigeria because we live in a system that does not care.  Most of the time, by the time you inherit these workers,  they have been long damaged and the basic foundations of cognitive growth and development has been eliminated never to be recaptured.

What do you do then?  Please do not forget that the times we live in are not the same as those of about 10-20 years ago.  The educational system is getting worse and there are few choices of alternated schooling you can provide for these domestic workers that would make a difference in their lives.

It is a hopeless situation.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by almondjoy(f): 6:42am On Nov 29, 2007
davidylan:

I disagree with your conclusion . . . the situation of things in our obodo country is the result of the idiots in power (OIP) and NOT because of illiteracy or imbecility.

Does it make sense that Babangida would steal $12bn oil windfall? Abacha stole almost $2bn in less than 5 years . . . is it the fault of the common man that he cannot put food on the table?

I don't blame our people, if they had a choice they'd be in school instead of serving as househelps. Even those who regard themselves as "graduates" spend years walking the streets looking for non-existent jobs while our government is only interested in hosting commonwealth games. What hope is there for those who can't even afford to enter public schools?

While Atiku was busy building ABTI, children in his own local government make do with trees for classrooms . . . are these the people we hail as "leaders"?
The REAL imbeciles are not those who choose the high road to labour for their daily bread . . . they are those well dressed crooks in power who sabotage the soul of a nation for 30 pieces of silver!

I am glad we are getting somewhere.  I may not be able to debate meaningfully in political topics and religious topics like you do, but when it comes to simple sociology, I think I have enough brain wave activity not to totally flatline for want of statistical evidence.

Once again davidylan--I am not blaming the domestic workers.  It is not their fault.  You have finally put the blame where it should be and I am satisfied with that.  The actions of our leaders have made things difficult as individuals to help the situations of the less privileged. As far as things continue to remain as they are--all we will have in Nigeria are these kinds of people who can only rise to power with less that meritoriuos means--Patricia Etteh comes to mind. Now one question for you. Leave all the sentiments concerning my less than flattering adjectives of these "misfortuantos" and tell me if you were in this posters position, what would you do to improve this pregnant girls future whose life may have been ruined for ever. Most of us keep trying to leave Nigeria for this kinds of civil injustice. So what do you have left? People like this pregnant domestic worker.

What would you do davidylan?
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by Nobody: 6:50am On Nov 29, 2007
there is nothing the boy can do. The maid is not a part of their family so regretfully the only option left is to return the girl to her family or whoever brought her in the first place. The girl must shoulder part of the blame . . . dont open your legs to a nondescript tailor who has no plan for his own future not to talk of ur own.

Too bad but life sometimes is cruel . . . the girl did herself no favours by being stupid.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by almondjoy(f): 6:54am On Nov 29, 2007
davidylan:

there is nothing the boy can do. The maid is not a part of their family so regretfully the only option left is to return the girl to her family or whoever brought her in the first place. The girl must shoulder part of the blame . . . don't open your legs to a nondescript tailor who has no plan for his own future not to talk of your own.

Too bad but life sometimes is cruel . . . the girl did herself no favours by being stupid.

Now we are getting to one line nut shells!  Good! Talk is cheap eh?  Now what did I tell you about most domestic workers being imbeciles in Nigeria? tongue  Can you lure a domestic worker into bed no matter how young in places like the US without paying dearly for it?  I thought from the generousity/magnanimity of your gentle being you would have adopted her and her would be husband to show the world what a Saint or Champion of the oppressed you are. tongue  After all the rigmarole, the logical conclusion is that sometimes you cannot help the situation because you are powerless. 

Back to square one!  Who cares? The girl is damaged good/bad news so she is on her own to raise kids who might just be worse off that she is in this lifetime. 

There are just too many things to run away from concerning Nigeria. I choose to keep running--before I totally lose ma mind!
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by mamaput(f): 8:42am On Nov 29, 2007
Hi almondjoy your statement or and observations about the househelp/gateman people made me think of the good old slave trade.
The white man said just about the same thing when he came
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by omoge(f): 10:53am On Nov 29, 2007
Exactly mamaput. . . For me, i just hate the idea of housegirl, houseboy, maids etc.

why should any family make someone else their maid in the first place?  maidship/houseboy/housegirl should be stopped. Do the work yourself.

Poster Dexlomo, tell your parents to stop having house helps. If you can come in here and post, am sure you and your siblings are older enough to do housework yourselves.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by Frankies(m): 11:05am On Nov 29, 2007
almondjoy:

I am glad we are getting somewhere.  I may not be able to debate meaningfully in political topics and religious topics like you do, but when it comes to simple sociology, I think I have enough brain wave activity not to totally flatline for want of statistical evidence.

Not suprise of that. How can you contribute reasonably on those fields when you are highly retarded and cannot give a simple advice. When I told you that all you have in your brain can be written on a piece of stamp, you thought I was just making a statement. You have said it yourself.

Even the aspect you claim you are good at, you cant even point out issues with a human face. I can only love this land when a person like you is no longer here. or better still for you- learn how to contribute reasonably

You an unfortunate result from an unprotected intercourse.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by jintujinta(m): 11:17am On Nov 29, 2007
@mamaput

A houseboy in Germany gets minimum 7 € an hour
7€ times 8 hours= 56 a day
times 5 day a week because he must have 2 day off is 280 € a week
Times 4 weeks is1120€ a month
that is without extras like extra hours or working on sundays. or at night.
if he works on christmaChristmasic holiday its double pay.
we are talking of housboy that did not go to school

Mamaput, how much does a graduate earn in Germany and how much does a graduate earn in Nigeria? What class does a graduate belong to in Germany A, B, C, D, or E and say the truth what class do most graduates belong to in Nigeria? When you begin to see it this way, you will understand that the lack of self esteem and d degradation suffered by the "maids" is not limited to maids. The problem runs across the whole labour market.

You will also notice that if you start calling them domestic workers, henceforth, it still doesnt change their plights. So what is all the fuss about what they are called.

I am glad that Almondjoy and Davidylan have really gone indepth to examine the situation and in a way have agreed in origin of the problem- the government. So rather than blaming those who engage the services of "maids" and cursing them and raining abuses on them like some have done, why cant the aggrieved just find a way of penetrating the law makers and make them come up with laws that will address that area. That is the only time i can consider their efforts as meaningful and sensible. Abuses and flagrant display of arrogance wont help the situation.

He who has ears let him hear!
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by almondjoy(f): 12:18pm On Nov 29, 2007
Frankies:

Not suprise of that. How can you contribute reasonably on those fields when you are highly retarded and cannot give a simple advice. When I told you that all you have in your brain can be written on a piece of stamp, you thought I was just making a statement. You have said it yourself.

Even the aspect you claim you are good at, you can't even point out issues with a human face. I can only love this land when a person like you is no longer here. or better still for you- learn how to contribute reasonably

You an unfortunate result from an unprotected intercourse.

STFU!  You are one of the sample breeds of generational dullards we are talking about with no future.  At least my slutting ways got me out of Nigeria to be able to get the real education as to how to avoid vermin like you in the name of domestic - minimum wage workers.  After you have sucked all the "abunnas" in Nigeria, you cannot even afford toothpaste to sanitize your filthy gums!  And you are here typing rubbish as usual. Keep masturbating and sucking all the abunnas in Gboko there and you might just make enough money to buy you a decent cardboard casket!  When you finish your masturbating sessions, gather all the proceeds and shove them up your arse to plug all the holes you have around your anus!

That is all you can write?  You retarded son of a cork sucking daughter of a LovePeddler!  Generational domestic worker.  Come on clearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrout of here and head to game section as you are not capable of any form of intellectual discousre on account of your destined position in society----the dregs of the Nigerian society called "domestic workers" with congenital anomalies--evidenced by your inability to stop sucking abunnas and totos in the back of dilapidated buses!  How won't you lose all your teeth?

Please begone!  Keep yourself in Nigeria there and keep spreading your diseases with that your moronic hag of a wife who has never taking a bath in her life.  Stupid son of a dingy bitch like you!

Goodmorning to you and have a wonderful day!

You male protitute! Dandaudu Garawa! Brigadier General  "masurbating" Wanka!

Happy Happy Holidays, Darling! kiss
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by almondjoy(f): 12:32pm On Nov 29, 2007
jintujinta:

Mamaput, how much does a graduate earn in Germany and how much does a graduate earn in Nigeria? What class does a graduate belong to in Germany A, B, C, D, or E and say the truth what class do most graduates belong to in Nigeria? When you begin to see it this way, you will understand that the lack of self esteem and d degradation suffered by the "maids" is not limited to maids. The problem runs across the whole labour market.

You will also notice that if you start calling them domestic workers, henceforth, it still doesnt change their plights. So what is all the fuss about what they are called.

I am glad that Almondjoy and Davidylan have really gone indepth to examine the situation and in a way have agreed in origin of the problem- the government. So rather than blaming those who engage the services of "maids" and cursing them and raining abuses on them like some have done,
why can't the aggrieved just find a way of penetrating the law makers and make them come up with laws that will address that area. That is the only time i can consider their efforts as meaningful and sensible.

Abuses and flagrant display of arrogance wont help the situation.

He who has ears let him hear!

Thank you!  And some people here are accusing me of insulting "domestic workers"--Like if they are insulted, they have the where with all to recognise insults.  I say this people are so damaged in life, that being domestic workers is the least of their problems. 

Just try having a discussion with anyone around you. Only people without conscience would raise kids in that kind of environment.  What do I tell a 12 year old visiting Nigeria if she asks me why---"Maria" a 12 year old domestic worker is not going to school and why she cannot speak correct English.

Meanwhile, top government official have their children out of the country and keep others in perpertual servitude all in the name of big man and big woman.  I say the future of Nigeria is resting on the necks of domestic workers--As recently demonstrated they are making their way to government positions in Nigeria.  Remember Patricia Etteh?  OBJ, a farmer!

Please put the blame where it is due.  You guys are making noise here.  Just try having a conversation with any domestic worker around you and I say you will cry buckets!

mamaput:

Hi almondjoy your statement or and observations about the househelp/gateman people made me think of the good old slave trade.

The white man said just about the same thing when he came

What do you think it is? Super slave trade of the future of Nigerian less privileged Youths. Now Nigeria is practicing it on its citizens. Which is worse? Take your children to Nigeria for example and hear the kinds of questions they would ask you. You mouth will be sealed for days! You cannot even give them simple explanations as to why a 12 year-old can be lure into bed for "biscuit"! Not to say it does not happen in the foreign countries, but there is some means of salvaging those mistakes. In Nigeria--No hope.

How many of your here suggested that the girl be adopted into this family since they failed to properly supervise her? The upbringing she was supposed to have as a child to respect herself and her body obviously was neglected. Someone like the poster's parents ought to take the blame for it. Because if they had done their job as forster parents, this girl would probably not be in this aweful situation.

All romeo is shouting about here is "she is not a MAID, she is a DOMESTIC WORKER"!!! Like it makes a difference. The girl's future is gone for ever. The family does not want her, the so-called domestic god parents are definitely going to kick her out--and she might just end up in the hands of a "neighbour" who knows his background. What a way to start life.

Why is it not the poster's female sibling that is pregnant?
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by romeo(m): 12:37pm On Nov 29, 2007
I am not going to fall so low again by arguing with unfortunately fortunate retards.

@Davidylan
I hope you are not going to let that little psychological trick of being smart and of being good in the political and religious threads stop you from calling a spade a spade.

Some have told me to take my rantings to the home front, i have started it with you people here virtually and so it will continue till the day i will bring it to your doorsteps

Slave masters your days are numbered
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by almondjoy(f): 12:51pm On Nov 29, 2007
romeo:

I am not going to fall so low again by arguing with unfortunately fortunate retards.

@Davidylan
I hope you are not going to let that little psychological trick of being smart and of being good in the political and religious threads stop you from calling a spade a spade.

Some have told me to take my rantings to the home front, i have started it with you people here virtually and so it will continue till the day i will bring it to your doorsteps

Slave masters your days are numbered

Unfortunate retards?  You have shown your level of retardation by not thinking things through and laying the blame where they should be.  All you are doing is battling "terminologies" as your primitive, JJC, espanol mentality can afford you! I say take a trip to Nigeria and see how all the youths from your village have become glorious "domestic workers", while you enjoy the forex sent to you by your looting relatives in high places! And you are here typing rubbish!  We are in a new era of self-propagated slave trade.  Take your children Nigeria and your village and explain to them why your parents are harbouring a 9 year old or a teenager in your back room somewhere who should be in school.  Or why she dresses differently.

You think it is all about making noise on the cyber airways!  Why did you not suggest the poster's parents adopt her if you are such a patron of "domestic workers"!

You are trifling and I can see your level of spanish education can only afford you that.  HABLA ESPANOL!!!!!   You need to step out to the real world! Do you not have family in Nigeria who still propagate this renaissnce slave trade mentality?  See im mouth like "slave masters your days are numbered"--like you are not one of them.  When you visit Nigeria you will be the first to employ the services of some right MMA--till you get to your village.  As soon as you hit your village, you would have lined up several 7-10 year olds to fetch water, cook and bathe you in Nigeria as you live like a king briefly before you come back to whatever job you say you are doing wherever you are! How won't you have the guts to type rubbish here!  The most guilty are the "fakest champions" of lost causes!

Have a good day! kiss
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by romeo(m): 1:18pm On Nov 29, 2007
almondjoy:

Unfortunate retards? You have shown your level of retardation by not thinking things through and laying the blame where they should be. All you are doing is battling "terminologies" as your primitive, JJC, espanol mentality can afford you! I say take a trip to Nigeria and see how all the youths from your village have become glorious "domestic workers", while you enjoy the forex sent to you by your looting relatives in high places! And you are here typing rubbish! We are in a new era of self-propagated slave trade. Take your children Nigeria and your village and explain to them why your parents are harbouring a 9 year old or a teenager in your back room somewhere who should be in school. Or why she dresses differently.

You think it is all about making noise on the cyber airways! Why did you not suggest the poster's parents adopt her if you are such a patron of "domestic workers"!

You are trifling and I can see your level of spanish education can only afford you that. You need to step out to the real world!

Have a good day! kiss

Hahahahahahahhaa i am getting them out one after the other, slave owners. We know them when they try to defend their atrocities with cheap heartless talks

Houseboy in Spain, JJC, Spanish mentality, i love them hahahaahha

Why are you repeating what Jintajunta has said? Spanish mentality and having a "maid" at home? hahahahha

Our discussion here has nothing to with my level of Spanish education or my ability to go home and see domestic workers doing well cheesy, but how to stop slavery in Nigeria , we all know that during slavery many people were assaisinated for trying to stop slavery, so i am not surprised if present day slave owners come out and defend their actions and the same time trying to sell us their warped ideology of "house helps" being less intelligent and sub-humans and for that they deserve to be treated badly.

@nwando
thanks for that Mike Tyson reference
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by almondjoy(f): 1:22pm On Nov 29, 2007
omoge:

Exactly mamaput. . . For me, i just hate the idea of housegirl, houseboy, maids etc.

why should any family make someone else their maid in the first place?  maidship/houseboy/housegirl should be stopped. Do the work yourself.

Poster Dexlomo, tell your parents to stop having house helps. If you can come in here and post, am sure you and your siblings are older enough to do housework yourselves.

Don't you watch Nigerian movies.  See the uniformed staff of domestic workers. With their shabby outfits and cap and aprons to match.  Can't you see we must have "big men/big madams" in Nigeria?  They cannot live without them  How will you know who is a big man when you do not have an arsenal of mallams, housegirls, houseboys, gardners, generator gaurds, cooks, stewards and all that nonsense.

The poster's parents should adopt the girl and take care of her for life.  They contributed in ruining her future.  She should stay with them for life.  That is their inherited wahala and they must live with it! Period! If you search deep down--more than one guu around the neighbourhood has been banging this chick and it is only a paternity test that can reveal who the real father is. In Nigeria, is it readily possible to find out who the daffy daddy is? For where? Everything is on the "neighbours" neck and the poster's family will make sure all family members are excluded--including the abunna cork sucking poster--Frankies! kiss
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by almondjoy(f): 1:29pm On Nov 29, 2007
romeo:

Hahahahahahahhaa i am getting them out one after the other, slave owners. We know them when they try to defend their atrocities with cheap heartless talks

Houseboy in Spain, JJC, Spanish mentality, i love them hahahaahha

Why are you repeating what Jintajunta has said? Spanish mentality and having a "maid" at home? hahahahha

Our discussion here has nothing to with my level of Spanish education or my ability to go home and see domestic workers doing well cheesy, but how to stop slavery in Nigeria , we all know that during slavery many people were assaisinated for trying to stop slavery, so i am not surprised if present day slave owners come out and defend their actions and the same time trying to sell us their warped ideology of "house helps" being less intelligent and sub-humans and for that they deserve to be treated badly.

@nwando
thanks for that Mike Tyson reference

Yes!  We are all guilty in enabling that kind of menace because if you look in almost every household in Nigeria you will find out that there is a slave worker hiding in the back room somewhere, including yours romeo!  So come off your high horse.  Are your parents breaking their own firewood, fetching their own water or cooking their own food in the village or wherever they live?

If you knew who Mike Tyson was--you will not echo that reference from nwando.  It just goes to show that you lack the concept of analytical reasoning.  I will just pretend I did not see a reference to Mike Tyson anywhere on this website! James Ibori was a bouncer at a London Night club? undecided So what has that got to do with the price of oil in Kuwait? Please you guys to stick to topic rationally and keep your cheap "emoticons" at home. We are not running a "Red Cross Foundation" here. Go and petition your local government chair persons to look into the future of your domestic worker relatives!

Once again,

Happy Holidays! kiss
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by romeo(m): 1:29pm On Nov 29, 2007
almondjoy:

Don't you watch Nigerian movies. See the uniformed staff of domestic workers. With their shabby outfits and cap and aprons to match. Can't you see we must have "big men/big madams" in Nigeria? They cannot live without them How will you know who is a big man when you do not have an arsenal of mallams, housegirls, houseboys, gardners, generator gaurds, cooks, stewards and all that nonsense.

The poster's parents should adopt the girl and take care of her for life. They contributed in ruining her future. She should stay with them for life. That is their inherited wahala and they must live with it! Period! If you search deep down--more than one guu around the neighbourhood has been banging this chick and it is only a paternity test that can reveal who the real father is. In Nigeria, is it readily possible to find out who the daffy daddy is? For where? Everything is on the "neighbours" neck and the poster's family will make sure all family members are excluded--including the abunna cork sucking poster--Frankies! kiss

Atleast we are learning something and that is a positive development, keep it on cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? / Male Babies Suck Breast More Than Female Babies, WHY? / Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 183
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.