Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,659 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures (50890 Views)

My Experience With Fake Bishop Oyedepo On Facebook(snapshots) / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife Arrive Benin City In Their Private Jet (Photos) / Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by Trojan00(m): 5:32am On May 01, 2012
The bible itself says in the book of luke 12:33 that u shud selll ur possession and give to the poor. It went
further to say where ur treasure is there ur heart is. So telll me now if oyedapo is a TRUE man of GOD
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by Nobody: 7:13am On May 01, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by Santi222(m): 7:34am On May 01, 2012
@LoJ, U just hit the nail right on the head sir! The problem is the source of the money. And where the profits will eventually go to. May God forgive us all.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by Nobody: 7:46am On May 01, 2012
I dont know how many houses I wanna own I would have planned to buy one. The location is a big turn off for me. I cant stay in Ogun State and again, at that price one can buy such property in the Island.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by Santi222(m): 8:11am On May 01, 2012
I can still see some FOOLS writing about other people having the poverty mentality and what not... Was Jesus Christ rich? What of Apostles Paul and Peter? These were men that made the most significant of contributions to humanity via christainity. What is the relationship between being wealthy and rendering meaningful service to humanity? Must we all be rich? All we should ask for is comfortable and peaceful lives, meaning ones, not rich useless lives. I dont have a blocked mind or poverty mentality. I believe in God, myself and my God given abilities. I belive in work and when by dint of my toilings I get what I want, I ascribe the glory to God. Most of the Lazy asses here talking of Poverty mentality are only repeating the nonsense read from ''motivational books'' written by men like the same Oyedepo. Most of these lazy asses wish to depend on divine grace to fill their mouths with manna and their pockets with money, without doing any work, albeit how small. Do u think screaming and chanting I believe and I decree are jobs? Think again. As for those wishing our leaders would invest in this country, who produces those leaders? Is it not this same society of ours of which you are a member? Would you do any less if you find yourselves in their position? We are as guilty of corruption as they are. Think again.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by Parnassuss(m): 8:18am On May 01, 2012
Fhemmmy: I wonder why our leaders cant do such

Omo u dey Nigeria so? Are u asking y our leaders aren't building estates then selling the houses off? Is that what u are asking?

So now Nigeria has fallen to the extent we thank a man for cheating us? These houses would not go for much higher in Wuye, Mabushi, Mpape, Apo etc all in Abuja. Is Oyedepo that money hungry that he will not lower his profit margin? Let him go to Navy town Orozo in Abuja still and see THE SAME houses in a fantastically developed area selling for HALF those prices. I'm not joking HALF those price, please feel free to check!
Abeg I won't praise daylight robbery whether it wears a cloak!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by Okukk(m): 8:23am On May 01, 2012
This is interesting...nairalander pls remember the bible say 'touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm'
Everyone should be guided by what you say!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by Parnassuss(m): 8:24am On May 01, 2012
rman: If religion is a scam, Oyedepo's kind of scam is WAY BETTER THAN Boko Haram's
One uses the money got to build exotic estates, the other uses money got to buy weapons to kill innocent and defenseless citizens.

@least u are comparing him to his peers now.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by rhymz(m): 9:25am On May 01, 2012
meksmewo: The word christianity could be define as "being christ like". If this is true then I am 100% sure that there are only few christians in the world especially in Nigeria (I am judging no one). I said this cos I know the "Men of God" who were supposed to follow the steps of Christ and guide us through this wicked world have turned to the wicked ones.

I am sure that if Christ were to be on earth and headed the ministry himself he won't do the following;

1. He won't ride on four private jets with the last one valued at about $30million even if they came as seeds and tyths.
2. He won't buy properties with money generated from the altar, he will move round and affect lives.
3. He won't run an institution, he is sure 95% of his congregation cannot afford.
4. He won't run a publishing company from offering and tyths and still sell the prayer book back to the congregation.
5. He won't go about displaying pride of wealth when some members of his congregation dies of hunger and abject poverty.

But there are a few things I am sure he wiill do;

1. He will use all the resources he gets from the vineyard to affect the lives of the people and prove to young sould that the church is the safe haven and not evil shrine where they go for help.
2. I am sure Christ will set up a school where brainy kids of even the poor will attend for free wit best quality to shame the devil.
3. I am sure that in all honesty and humility, he will live in a modest house, with basic security and adequate mobility without any pageantry and pride while he goes about his good works.
4. I am also sure that no member of his congregation will die in d hospital for a bill as low as N50,000 while he drives in a private jet and wear expensive suits.
5. I am sure he won't be screaming "Blessed in the morning, afternoon and night" he will say "repent and make heaven"
6. Above all, his name will not be on any list as one of the richest men.

My brother you are not wrong at all, in fact, you said the exact truth. People like me irked by the type of scam going on in churches these days no longer see the need to attend churches.
I realy do not blame people who are fanatical and often times resort to cursing those of us that are calling a spade a spade without minding whose ox was gored cos I understand that these MOGs read mind control/conditioning books; what better avenue does he need to psychologically program en masse his congregation than to have them seated at his 50,000 faith tabernicle auditorium where he executes his mind reading, control and conditioning experiment on them. After the mass suicide in Jonestown, it was revealed in some quarters that contrary to the stories of mass suicide that was rife in the media, the whole thing was a CIA mind control/programming experiment that went bad and Jim Jones may have been a CIA agent executing an experiment on his "congregation". As ridiculous as this might sound, one thing that can't be easily ruled out is the evidence of mind control antics and psychological mind programming and conditioning that could have led to such a climax. None of us here have any personal beef with Oyedepo but we all have a problem with what he and his likes have turned christianity to. There is no more ethics in what MOGs do again, they employ all sorts of mind programming and control antics synonymous with intelligence organizations like the CIA,FBI.... and so on, on their congregation in the name of preaching the gospel. Have we all noticed how the gospel is now for sale for a profit? Ok, check this out, you go to a service, the pastor preaches and then the next sunday or so, there is already a DVD for the previous sunday's preaching being sold at a price not to cover the production cost but at a profit which will be going directly into the pastors private pocket. Imagine videos of the leader preaching in his church on a certain topic being sold at a profit. Let me ask you a question, is it ethical for a leader who has been paid by his church to prepare and deliver a sermon, to then take that performance and sell it back to his own church members for a healthy profit? I'm not talking here about paying for reproduction costs or the money going into church funds. I'm talking about DVDs being sold at the same cost as a movie DVD and the profit going into the leader's own pocket.
To show you that these MOGs have perfected their mind control method of preaching; you only need to observe how defensive, sometimes abusive and the illogical rationilization employed by his mind controlled followers. I don't blame them cos if I had allowed such brainwashing and indoctrination through reading his books, listening to his audios, watching his visual and attending his mass indoctrination services in Ota, I will do thesame and curse out any dissenting opinions. That is the power of mind programming and indoctrination, it will only take the grace of God to open their minds. After reading excerpts from the audio record of the final rituals of the jonestown massacre which cos of space I wont add it here but will do it in my next post, I can only imagine the level of mind control/programming that Jim Jones congregation had been subjected to. No wonders Oyedepo's followers are not any different, it will take the grace of God, I must say to make them see what is going on in their church and with christianity at at large.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by tekel(m): 9:35am On May 01, 2012
Mmuo Okija:

hmmmm! I never thought I would meet an upright Yoruba man in my lifetime!! Can any goodthing come out of Yoruba Land?!! HMMMM!!! I will be watching you!!
. Lwkmd
Lwkmd lwkmd'oooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by LeJeun3: 10:02am On May 01, 2012
meksmewo: The word christianity could be define as "being christ like". If this is true then I am 100% sure that there are only few christians in the world especially in Nigeria (I am judging no one). I said this cos I know the "Men of God" who were supposed to follow the steps of Christ and guide us through this wicked world have turned to the wicked ones.

I am sure that if Christ were to be on earth and headed the ministry himself he won't do the following;

1. He won't ride on four private jets with the last one valued at about $30million even if they came as seeds and tyths.
2. He won't buy properties with money generated from the altar, he will move round and affect lives.
3. He won't run an institution, he is sure 95% of his congregation cannot afford.
4. He won't run a publishing company from offering and tyths and still sell the prayer book back to the congregation.
5. He won't go about displaying pride of wealth when some members of his congregation dies of hunger and abject poverty.

But there are a few things I am sure he wiill do;

1. He will use all the resources he gets from the vineyard to affect the lives of the people and prove to young sould that the church is the safe haven and not evil shrine where they go for help.
2. I am sure Christ will set up a school where brainy kids of even the poor will attend for free wit best quality to shame the devil.
3. I am sure that in all honesty and humility, he will live in a modest house, with basic security and adequate mobility without any pageantry and pride while he goes about his good works.
4. I am also sure that no member of his congregation will die in d hospital for a bill as low as N50,000 while he drives in a private jet and wear expensive suits.
5. I am sure he won't be screaming "Blessed in the morning, afternoon and night" he will say "repent and make heaven"
6. Above all, his name will not be on any list as one of the richest men.

Bible says "touch not my annoited" and sill encourage us to speak the truth. I thought about it and pondered over the things happening. The love Nigerians have for God and how a few have taken advantage of it. I am no saint but I encourage all you brothers and sisters to build a personal relationship with Christ. I urge the men of God who all came into the vineyard to turn a good leaf and not incure the wrath of God. We are humans, let's do our best to be good. May God guide and protect us all Amen. This words are from me, Emeka and a reflection of my thoughts, correct me if I am wrong I am a mere human.

U r very right brother! I guess our understanding of the great commission differs. Cos I see no great commission going on!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by deavicky(m): 10:04am On May 01, 2012
the man of God, is a good man but the only problem i see with him is that he is not satisfied with what he has. always want more while some people in the same church hardly feed
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by osanebipet: 10:19am On May 01, 2012
You guys are just Dumm Haters emphasis on the word dumm, there is nothing u guys wudnt complain about, its either any successful person is a political thief, or a thieving pastor or his money is blood money or he is carrying drugs. have u ever heard of the word "hard work" before, work hard and you would be at the top one day, rather than hating on other people success, that is the fastest way to remain in ur state of poverty
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by rhymz(m): 10:48am On May 01, 2012
Religion they say is the opium of the people. I have some questions to ask and I hope some of his fanatical followers will be level headed enough to answer them or atleast ponder over them. 1. Are these businesses owned by the church or are private business concerns of the "Pastor?" Several times Oyedepo has been asked if he owned these businesses, his answers have always been dodgy and hazy; at some point he is vague about the ownership and at another he makes statements that put him as the owner. To even strengthen this belief, he is usually the CEO of most of these businesses, this raises the question, is it ethical and morally right for a pastor to own businesses outside of his church, this is more pertinent if you consider the fact that his pastors are not allowed to do thesame, they are usually full time pastors with no other means of survival than the church. 2. Is it not exploitative and fraudulent that a pastor who solicited for funds from the members of the congregation will turn around only to channel it into his private business concerns. It is a shame that christianity has been debased to this level where it is no longer about God's Love and compassion for us again but man's quest for power and authority. There's no more soul to christianity worship, it is now about wealth aquisition with zero consideration for the welfare of the less privileged, survival of the fittest is the life lessons being promoted in their sermons( and you wonder why Nigerians are into all sorts of crimes and corruption). Pastors and their indoctrinated followers now blame the poor and underprivileged for their condition and damn them when decisions are made. Christianity without soul that is what it has generated to.... What is the point attending these churches when there is a glaring fraud going on in its dealings, no transparency or accountability, fanatical members give the pastors the impression of infallibility and God-like omniscience. God knows I will never path a kobo to these bible wielding Con-stars, and I will discourage anyone tha wants to....why continue to give your widow's might to a man that has so much but gives very little in return, in fact, like a writer once opined, Oyedepo should not only preach to others about the miracles of giving and given one's widow's might, he should be seen to give and give and give until it hurts him that is the whole Idea of widow's might. Obviously, the man only likes to talk about it but dreads to do so. It is a shame that the Church has become so bastardized and turned into a business. God forbid i will give a dime to these conmen in the name of God.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by member479760: 11:13am On May 01, 2012
if all those thieves are returning the money back to the society in this form by now we will singing different song.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by Nobody: 11:22am On May 01, 2012
when are they starting payment and what is the payment plan like.
We pay tax and we don't get a house to stay or pay for over years, and a man of God says we should come and buy, even if you pay tithes and we call it robbery. we should appreciate what somebody is doing. Government is suppose to provide all what he is providing.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by omoyaeleko: 11:27am On May 01, 2012
why are you so myopic in your thinking guys do you think that nothing good can be from a black man except he steals?if you do not know h(oyedepo)has not stolen money he was just been blessed by God with Raw gold from where you dont know i dom not need to say more than this.he has got a Naboths vineyard full of raw gold.
papa God bless you(amen)
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by babaowo: 11:33am On May 01, 2012
LoJ: This is just madness!

Anyone believing that this is of GOD, needs to go on retreat for 40 days to learn the ways of the LORD. I'm not a nigerian, but If I were I would be crying day in day out about the Church of GOD i Nigeria. Nigeria is a great country that GOD visited at some time in the past. But greed, lust and money has seduced the so called men of GOD in Nigeria so that instead of serving GOD, they are serving Mammon. And the church is like a flock, without shepherd. How desolate am I, and sorrowful my heart is when I think of the otherwise great nation Nigeria could have been.

To come back to this issue of property: People here are very confused about where the problem is. The problem ain't about a rich man investing money in is country to make some benefit and developing the country by the way. No!

THis is all about, Someone using tithes and offering made by a majority of poor greedy people ( who thinks by giving they'll become rich) to enrich itself. SO THE PROBLEM IS NOT THE PROJECT IT IS THE ORIGIN OF THE MONEY.

When the houses will be sold, where will the profits go? Who is the owner of these projects and properties: The Church or the man of GOLD?

The truth is this: This is a Greedy Pastor, shepherding a greedy flock both worshiping Baal.
... Thank God this is from outsider!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by ziccoit: 11:51am On May 01, 2012
Another way of swindling Nigerians of their money.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by dare2think: 11:58am On May 01, 2012
LoJ:

THis is all about, Someone using tithes and offering made by a majority of poor greedy people ( who thinks by giving they'll become rich) to enrich itself. SO THE PROBLEM IS NOT THE PROJECT IT IS THE ORIGIN OF THE MONEY.

I had to log in because of your statement above. Nothing could ever be closer to the truth than what is mentioned above.

POOR GREEDY PEOPLE ENRICHING AN EGOCENTRIC GREEDY MAN.

Someone mentioned something about a religious revolution in Nigeria! Never going to happen.

Those who seek freedom and enlightenment are those who are willing to open their minds and love their fellow humans regardless of affinity or class.

Such is not the case in Nigeria where greed, selfishness and the love for money controls the fibre of the nation. With religion serving as a tool to manipulate and control, especially where finances are concerned, a religious revolution is an utopic exercise.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by Bababo(m): 11:58am On May 01, 2012
Only God knws best nd as i pray to aspire high in life i pity the poors because how lack,neglected,cheated,poor,hated nd messed in cast they re their littles or nothgs re stil spelt to the riches in different patterns.Arise 4 my help Lord
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by francis247(m): 12:05pm On May 01, 2012
wish kaind new Nairaland be dis sef? Bia, Seun! Why can't I quote, like or reply directly neither with my PC or phone to someone's comment on this forum right now untill I first reply? Eh! Why?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by babaowo: 12:08pm On May 01, 2012
francis247: wish kaind new Nairaland be dis sef? Bia, Seun! Why can't I quote, like or reply directly neither with my PC or phone to someone's comment on this forum right now? Eh! Why?
.. How did i quote yours? OLodo! Biafra student! Lol.....
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by omar22(m): 12:18pm On May 01, 2012
Be careful is not your place to Judge!

Kenneth Copeland do give out Jets to other ministries every year, and he has his own airport! ad generates his own energy supply power.. the days of thinking that a preacher looking like a Church rat are Long gone!!! Our God is not El Cheepo!!! he is El Shaddai!!! at the end of the day they do not put a Gun to anyones head to give an offering or sow a seed!!!

What ever you do is between you and your God, Jabez prayed for God to bless him and he was blessed indeed he wasnt asked to sow a seed he just prayed.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by simo4real(m): 12:20pm On May 01, 2012
A Man that has a four private jet all for himself....for what naa
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by sayso: 12:36pm On May 01, 2012
So Christians will start building treasures on earth while relatives and friend are dying of hunger. If God bless you,it is not for you alone. Share with the less privilege and build yourself castles in heaven.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by 2sexy(m): 12:47pm On May 01, 2012
Okija_juju:

Waste of Money that was ill gotten.

Ogun state is s'hit!!

Oyedepo is a thief.

Property value would not be up to that in the long run.

Buying one = Wrong investment.

Forgot to add the estate would be highly regulated. . . You cant wear trousers, must attend winners on Sunday, no coming back after 9pm, you must own a bible, and kneel and kiss Oyedepos arse to own one.

May God SAVE your soul... the Bible says... judge not.

May I ask you what are your plans to get to where Bishop is right now,leave religion aside? Let's see this man as an someone not holding the position he is holding right now.

How many of you here has a plan to acquire as much as this man has in his life time. I bet less than 1%. Yet you hate to see a fellow man succeed.

A lot of you here, as far as the Nigerians I know, will gladly accept 1Million Naira if Bishop Oyedepo should give you, yet you curse, insult and say what ever you like...

You better start planning your own future and leave the business of fooling around. When he was making all this plans, where you there?

People willingly give this man money because of what they believe in... Many people do not pay their tithes but I will tell you this as a man who didn't grow up in a christian home that tithing works... I have benefited from it. It take faith to get anything to work...

Keep cursing and see Oyedepo ACQUIRE more... This is just the beginning.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by francis247(m): 12:53pm On May 01, 2012
stagger:

Over 90% of the working class church members can afford it, especially with the payment plans in place. DO you know how many people there are in the Winners family worldwide? Do you know how much that N45 million house costs in a place like Asokoro or Maitama, or even in any of the EFAB estates or in Lokogoma? Or go to the Lekki axis or VGC and ask around.

Then head down to places like Cocaine Estate or in Old GRA, or Tombia/Sani Abacha area of GRA in PH. Those houses in Canaan City are HEAVILY DISCOUNTED.

Your late President who declared an official amount of over N800m when he came to office; which one did he build for his people in Katsina? The ones that his people cleaned out before they left power, which one was used to build houses that people could pay for over 3 years?

F.ools always want to be heard, even when they are so ignorant and know nothing. Empty skulls everywhere on NL. Upon all the criticism, the man is still progressing. Key into progress and stop living in the stone age!
will you ever stop reasoning like a chicken? For your info. we have 36 months in 3years. Houses between over N25m to N45m will requires wokers that earn between N1.5m to N2.5m monthly to be able to pay up within 3years. Are you telling me that over 90 percent of Winners members earn between over N1.5m to N2m naira monthly when over 70 percent Nigerians live below poverty level? When even in rich and developed countries like America, average working class citizens who earn between 100 and 150 thousand dollars anually are given such houses and are allowed up to 25 to even 30 years to pay as mortgage. Now you tell me, with an average opportuned Nigerian earning between N150 to 250 thousand naira monthly, how many can afford those houses? All the same, it's another BIG WIN for the man.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by francis247(m): 1:02pm On May 01, 2012
babaowo: .. How did i quote yours? OLodo! Biafra student! Lol.....
na OLODO go kill you. Dat is if dis your eye problem no kill you first.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by sigba(f): 1:03pm On May 01, 2012
Okija_juju:

Waste of Money that was ill gotten.

Ogun state is s'hit!!

Oyedepo is a thief.

Property value would not be up to that in the long run.

Buying one = Wrong investment.

Forgot to add the estate would be highly regulated. . . You cant wear trousers, must attend winners on Sunday, no coming back after 9pm, you must own a bible, and kneel and kiss Oyedepos arse to own one.
Never knew you were this foolish. I pity you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Vouches For Oritsejafor / Prophet Onyeze Jesus: 'I Will Raise Dead Bodies On The 28 Of January' / 8 Characteristics Of A Virtuous Woman...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.