Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Banking In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banking In Nigeria (2827 Views)

#5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria / How Safe Is Internet Banking In Nigeria And Which Bank(s) Will You Recommend? / Putting Sanusi's Islamic Banking In Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Banking In Nigeria by effects8000(m): 9:42pm On Nov 10, 2007
Asking banks for credit in Nigeria can be both stressful and frustrating. The banking sector has been reduced to a person relationalship ie if you don't know the boss or the Executive director or even the risk manager you don't get anything .After the banking consolidation the banks in Nigeria are only focused on getting you money and going to the market and robbing the people with their fake share offers. I would list down my experiences with the so called big Banks in Nigeria. This are the worst three.
ECOBANK: i opened an account with the bank in hope of doing some good business with them. Opening an account was easy then when i wanted a credit line to fund my business the problem started. It was as if i was trying to rob them of all the money they have ever made. My account manager then advised that even if i see the executive director, he has no power in the bank and that the real owner of the bank was actually a guy called in the risk department (IG) that short for Ignatius. I also learned that he has so much power that he can make or break a business transaction. This guys was so rude that he ignored a scheduled meeting i was to have with him and the executive director all because his colleague was not promoted. I later learned that if you are not in the government or a politician do not mention the word credit!!!In that can ECOBANK is not for the private sector.

GTB: Mike Adenuga's baby: I approcahed this bank to get what we in business call an APG (Advance payment Guarantee) in lay mans terms it is a bank guarantee to your client that you will not you are a secured client to deal with and that you will not run away with their money. Anyways, i got the contract and they accepted to give me the APG on one condition that when my 25% of the contract comes in they will no give me access to the money until the contract was done. That means even if i got the money the bank would benefit before me! That was a BIG NO GO AREA. Asking for credit is like walking in a mine field cus the system was designed for you to fail.

ZENITH BANK:JIM Ovia's Empire: This bank is so irrelevant to the common business man that for every 500,000 you pay in the bank takes 16,000. They make money from that and also make money from politicians who loot and deposit the money in the bank.With the amount of looting going on in the government the bank does not need the private sector.
Asking for credit in thia bank is like walking in a lions den. This bank robs Nigeria's in broad day light and being a one man bank the money is used by Jim to expand his real estate empire in Nigeria and abroad.
So my fellow Nigerians i would like to know your own experiences in this banks. All opinions are welcome.
Re: Banking In Nigeria by betaessays: 4:34am On Sep 09, 2017
The history of banking in Nigeria
http://articlesng.com/history-banking-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Re-sell Clickbank Products Without A Website? / Please Advice What Business Can I Do With 100k / Avoid This Guy @bodunde1now N His Broda On Nairaland Dey Re Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.