Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,121 members, 7,811,155 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria (4245 Views)

Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. / How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria by mide2(f): 3:23pm On Apr 08, 2006
(applause) Well said @pretty H.

No one has the right to judge you except you.
Re: L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria by yeepa(m): 5:15pm On Apr 08, 2006
@ funkybaby
I understand your situation because am exactly facing thesame situation and of course am the mail. I just pray my babe does not come to NL for advice about it angry. I will tell you what I usually advice her to do, ask for the direction of God. If he's not yours, he's just going to walk out of your life without any emotional harm.

I wish the best.
Re: L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria by Ratio: 2:13pm On Apr 09, 2006
Far distance doesn't matter so far the guy loves u, u can still continue with him .I also have this type of relationship, one thing i
want you to know is that keep on praying for him, don't let people deceive u.
Re: L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria by Blue2(m): 4:44pm On Apr 09, 2006
Girl, you never loved the guy! why did it have to take his going to UK b4 u agreed to his advances. my advice is look to the guys in naija, don't deceive the guy and urself. tori no too long my girl waka dey go
Re: L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria by funkybaby(f): 11:26am On Apr 24, 2006
Thanks alot for your advice @ ratio, yeepa, mide2 and rikkyjen and prettyH. The guy was actually in Naija on my birthday just as he promised and we spent two whole weeks together. We talked about alot of issues and i got to know that he even entertained more and worse fears than i do. Anyway, we talked about everything, our hopes,dreams,fears, etc for each other. I am in no doubt whatsoever right now that the guy loves me and the beautiful thing is that i am also massively in love with him. IWe have both realised that it is only God that can see us through it all, which is the more reason we need to keep talking to God about our relationship.

@ yeepa, you are right. Nairaland is not really the right place to seek for advice. Some people posted some opinions that were really unfair. They simply refused to understand my little problem. I don not know why they think a long distance relationship is all about money and an avenue for leaving Nigeria??

Anyway, i have followed my heart and i am quite convinced that things can work out perfectly well between us despite the distance. smiley
Re: L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria by Vieira(m): 11:34am On Apr 24, 2006
Posting on nairaland has allowed people to give you thier honest views.

If you only wanted to hear replies that suited you then what's the point of asking publicly?

sometimes the truth hurts.

1 Like

Re: L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria by SoReal: 4:29pm On Apr 25, 2006
Funkybaby, u r such a wonderful person. U actually were good at ignoring all them haters on this forum. I can't imagine what equates dating a guy based in the Uk with gold digging. Sista, I am glad u had a wonderful time with him.
Lemme give u an advice, try not to get advice from people when it involves something as sensitive as this. most people will just advice u to do stuff they wouldnt do themselves.
Follow ur heart sista and b happy!!!
Re: L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria by adekemi(f): 4:35pm On Apr 25, 2006
u need trust to keep u going
Re: L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria by sshykess(f): 2:45pm On May 02, 2006
i am totally in agree ment wid u davidylan i had a bf in nigeria secondary skool but when i was about to travel i broke up wid him cause i knew that if u aint wid d 1 u luv u feel fostrated so i gave him a reason to hate me so he could move on so long as i was not comin back 4 long instead of hearing peps tellin me dat he is cheating {nobody gets hurt do u understand mii this was 5 years ago aint i smart smiley wink grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria by Rhea(f): 3:28pm On May 02, 2006
Funkybaby

If you really love this guy, then you should not entertain any fear. Stick to your man and continue to shower him with ur unalloyed love. It seems you are being indecisive all of a sudden. That usually happens with people that think they have multi-options (as regards potential partners). I wonder where the serious guys where when u had no one but the UK guy.

I know a relationship that matches the profile of yours 95%. They dated for 4yrs, then the guy went for his studies in the UK. All of a sudden, the girl bloomed like a rose in the desert, and had a plethora of guys besieging her and promising her heaven and paradise put together. At the same time, the UK guy was going through some hard times (career wise), and the girl cashed in on that and started rubber-ducking in Naija.

Word got to the guy, and after several cautions, break-ups and make-ups, he finally called it quit. He's happily married today to a girl he dated for 2 months only while on vacation in Naija. To add to that, the guy is having so good, that he's settled down in the UK, owns a house there and a flourishing career. All happened in the last 3 years.

The girls in the UK pose no threat at all. If u should lose sleep, do that for the girls in Naija. I know a lady happily married today who waited 10 years for her man to come back. He did and she didn't regret it. If after 18 months, u feel like abandoning the "unserious" UK guy, then always remember u made ur choice. Good or bad, live with it.

Goodluck.
Re: L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria by babymine(f): 7:01pm On May 02, 2006
Follow your heart. If you really love him and you know he loves you then find out what plans he has for the future. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria by gem87(f): 7:16pm On May 02, 2006
babymine:

Follow your heart. If you really love him and you know he loves you then find out what plans he has for the future. cheesy cheesy cheesy

i think so too
Re: L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria by sshykess(f): 9:58am On May 03, 2006
i tottaly think so three
Re: L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria by babymine(f): 10:51am On May 03, 2006
I think so four. grin grin grin grin
Re: L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria by gem87(f): 6:02pm On May 03, 2006
lol, well girl i'm happy 4 ya n i wish u all d best
Re: L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria by sshykess(f): 2:45pm On May 05, 2006
babymine u iz a joooooooooker 4 realesta safe, bless, cool u r really friendly kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss ;d ;d ;d

Re: L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria by tbagging(m): 3:23pm On May 09, 2006
NOW HE IS IN THE UK, U CONSIDERED HIM, U REALLY DONT WANT HIM, JUST GET ON WIF UR LIFE,PLUS HE WUD STILL HAVE ODA WOMEN IN HIS LIFE DESPITE THE FACT HE STILL KALLS
Re: L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria by Anabib(f): 4:23pm On May 09, 2006
GIRL, JUST FOLLOW YOUR HEART.

WHEN IT COMES TO MATTERS OF LOVE, YOUR INTUITION IS THE BEST ADVISER
LISTEN TO IT.
Re: L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria by earthrealm(m): 11:52am On Dec 08, 2006
there are some issues that one really have 2 t6ake on his/her own,
my sis, this is 1 of them, i have gone thru the posts, peeps have given good advice, but,
u just have 2 take a decision n try 2 stick 2 it, i know am sounding harsh/strict, but at the end of the day, thats what it is, pray/think about it for somedays.n then take a decision , n stick to it/////
Re: L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria by fellow(m): 12:24pm On Dec 08, 2006
funkybaby:

Thanks alot for your advice @ ratio, yeepa, mide2 and rikkyjen and prettyH. The guy was actually in Naija on my birthday just as he promised and we spent two whole weeks together. We talked about alot of issues and i got to know that he even entertained more and worse fears than i do. Anyway, we talked about everything, our hopes,dreams,fears, etc for each other. I am in no doubt whatsoever right now that the guy loves me and the beautiful thing is that i am also massively in love with him. IWe have both realised that it is only God that can see us through it all, which is the more reason we need to keep talking to God about our relationship.

@ yeepa, you are right. Nairaland is not really the right place to seek for advice. Some people posted some opinions that were really unfair. They simply refused to understand my little problem. I don not know why they think a long distance relationship is all about money and an avenue for leaving Nigeria??

Anyway, i have followed my heart and i am quite convinced that things can work out perfectly well between us despite the distance. smiley

Well seriously i do think you and this guy are head over heels in love with each other but then you have to be careful, Like i always say THE GREATEST UNPREDICTABLE THING GOD CREATED IS THE HEART OF A MAN.
I have seen a blooming relationship of 10 years go down the drain and well i obviously have seen some that eventually led to marriage but then the thing is i don't subscribe to dating out of your country "The Nearest is always the dearest".

Anyway on people's opinion on here i think its for the benefit of yourself. What were you really expecting? For people to tell you what you wanted to hear? Their outright views i guess had made you resolve to keep your relationship from hanging in the balance and going ahead with it

What else do i say but good luck.
Re: L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:10am On Dec 09, 2006
hhhmmmm undecidedfollow your heart.it has worked for few and has not worked for plenty.
Re: L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria by na2day2(m): 5:52am On Oct 31, 2007
this is wat i call visa love grin grin grin

why u dey ask for advice? u knw wetin dey ur heart, u still come online dey ask us yeye questions. see y i dey fear 9ja girls, tufiakpa! ! !
Re: L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria by anots(f): 11:00pm On Jan 07, 2008
Funkybabe,
ur online name sounds funky enuff,so i'll xpect dat u're in control of ur life and emotions.we (nairaland people) don't have to get in the middle of it.
but since u've included us in ur wahala,i'll tell u this,
GO,SORT URSELF OUT ON YOUR OWN
the pple who are makin so many comments here do not know u or ur u.k boyfriend,only u do.
Follow ur heart,hope for the best,but always,ALWAYS solve ur issues.
because the more pple that speak on ur issue,the more confused u'll get and trust me,Life doesn't get harder than that (bein confused)
Re: L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria by onyekang1(f): 3:56pm On Jan 23, 2008
@prettyH
WORD
@funkybaby
no one! and i mean no one has the right to judge u xcept u allow it. so dearie,follow your heart.
Re: L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria by jisola(f): 4:28pm On Jan 23, 2008
i'ld advice that u check your heart well, from all u said i can conclude that the UK guy loves u real good, i've seen distant relation ship that worked well, so dont make it an excuse, if u belive it will work then IT WILL WORK, just pray, dont entertain any fear,
if u know u really love and care for the UK guy fashi the Naija guy
Re: L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria by ayettymama(f): 8:18pm On Jan 24, 2008
l0oooooooooooooooooooooool
Re: L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria by Dreloaded(f): 8:46pm On Jan 24, 2008
^ wouldnt that make you trash since you dated a guy knowing fully well he had a girlfriend elsewhere?
Re: L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria by ayettymama(f): 7:30pm On Jan 30, 2008
D-reloaded:

^ wouldnt that make you trash since you dated a guy knowing fully well he had a girlfriend elsewhere?
well you can say that, but i really liked the guy so i put a blind eye to it. I'm at fault as much as he is but he's to blame for anything cos he has a girl, not me.
Re: L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria by Gbemyte(f): 12:42pm On Jan 31, 2008
naija with their stupid mentality,wats d big deal in dating somebody in abroad, it all depend on d individual that is involve, funky if trully u love him just wait for him, if u dont love him forget abt him. beside you know wat u want u should nt ve asked for advice u ve been wit d guy in uk why not follow ur heart because nobody will live with u in d guy's house.
Re: L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria by rockchic: 12:56pm On Jan 31, 2008
grin its mainly the guys calling her names, why are u ppl jealous eh? na becos una no dey UK?? grin
Re: L Need Advice About Long Distance Relationships-he Is In U.k And I Am In Nigeria by spiralwedge(m): 9:02pm On Sep 28, 2020
funkybaby:
I am presently dating a young guy that is currently studying in the u.k. he was asking me out before he left nigeria but i refused to date him.he however came to my school to inform me that he will be travelling to the u.k, i wished him luck and i felt that he was going to forget all about me.To my suprise however, he kept calling and i finally agreed to date him (this is after a year and six months of knowing him). since july last year since we started dating, he calls me almost everyday and spends hours on the phone, he sends gifts, cards, money, clothes, i have also suprised him (so he says) because i call him frequently as well(i spend a fortune on phone calls just as he does), i send quality gifts, cards,etc as well to him from nigeria.the problem now is i am in my 5th and final year in the university, he is just in his second year(a three years programme), but i am scared that he might just change or stop loving me because i hear so many stories about the girls in u.k. i am worried because i will be graduating before me and there are alot of serious guys here in nigeria asking me for a committed realtionship but i refuse to give in.is the guy for real or should i just two time and have a stand-by boyfriend here in nigeria.pls advice

You started dating him because he came to inform you of his traveling and the actual dating started when he was already there?

Chai! Nigerian girls ooooo. Smh

The abroad mentality here is actually a disease and its a poverty mentality.

I lived in the UK, and believe me he truly loves you, but the problem is that you don't actually love him.

After his studies, he will either come back home, because of immigration palaver, or try to stay anyhow (which is a miserable decision/gamble which will take donkey years to yield any fruits and he won't be able to travel), or he will try and marry a citizen.
All the above is irrelevant if he is already a citizen.

I think you should stop deceiving him and let him face the reality and future in the UK. You should also move on and marry one of your suitors. The marriage thing you even carry on your head is another off for me. Tuehhh

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? / Pick-up Lines That Work On Nigerian Girls. / I Am Actually The Most Handsome Guy On Nairaland (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.