Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,594 members, 7,851,001 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:01 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (925369 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Select(m): 3:49pm On Jul 03, 2012
Thank you so very much Brightmon for answering my previous question, God bless you.
May be u didn't understand the other question i asked, what am saying is that when we finally get to the U.S.
Is their any payment againhuh, because i read on their web-site
DETAILS;
When the Diversity Visa Selectee is Already in the U.S.
''You must complete payment of the Diversity Visa fee before processing your case can continue. Follow the instructions on the Adjustment of Status Fee Payment webpage. Bring the receipt that is mailed back to you to your interview at USCIS. Please include your DV case number on your cashier’s check or postal money order. The address on the receipt form should be used only for fee payment. ''

This is the link; http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4762.html
Any enlightenment please!!!

(Quote) (Report) (Like)

@ missannie,
You don't make any payment for the Green Card as a DV Lottery winner. It will be processed from the Airport of your point of entry.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Select(m): 3:52pm On Jul 03, 2012
@ Leripa,
Take all the letters with you,they will definately be useful.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by osram(m): 4:04pm On Jul 03, 2012
brightmon:
Its for those that are already living in the US and applied for DV.
u just beat me 2 dat
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 6:16pm On Jul 03, 2012
@select: many thanks.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missannie: 7:21pm On Jul 03, 2012
@ Brightmon ,Ksjlar & Select; Thanks to you all,am grateful, your answers have being very helpful.
@ Select; Did you just say that; it will be processed from the Airport of your point of entry, pls shed more light on that.
I WISH EVERYONE GOD'S DIVINE FAVOR!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sosodp(m): 7:23pm On Jul 03, 2012
I AM A DIVERSITY VISA WINNER AND I WANT TO KNOW IF TECHNICAL VOCATIONAL DIPLOMA IS EQUIVALENT TO THE THE EDUCATION REQIREMENT THEY NEED. I NEED AN ANSWER PLEASE AM FROM GHANA
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sosodp(m): 7:23pm On Jul 03, 2012
I AM A DIVERSITY VISA WINNER AND I WANT TO KNOW IF TECHNICAL VOCATIONAL DIPLOMA IS EQUIVALENT TO THE THE EDUCATION REQIREMENT THEY NEED. I NEED AN ANSWER PLEASE AM FROM GHANA
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by saddy101(m): 7:25pm On Jul 03, 2012
temmytanny:

@saddy, i would advice you use HIGH SCHOOL with NO Degree. The reason is because,you have high school certificate but dont have Degree yet. Your OND is more recognized than the professional Certificate. You must go with it(OND cert or OND statement of result) to your interview because they may ask you. Vocational Education is meant for those doing NABTEB or skilled jobs like Hair dressing,tailoring,barbers etc.

@Temmytanny Thanks and God bless... The form has been sent to KCC... So how do I get the second NL from KCC?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:33pm On Jul 03, 2012
sosodp: I AM A DIVERSITY VISA WINNER AND I WANT TO KNOW IF TECHNICAL VOCATIONAL DIPLOMA IS EQUIVALENT TO THE THE EDUCATION REQIREMENT THEY NEED. I NEED AN ANSWER PLEASE AM FROM GHANA
Yes with two years working experience
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:33pm On Jul 03, 2012
saddy101:

@Temmytanny Thanks and God bless... The form has been sent to KCC... So how do I get the second NL from KCC?
They will notify you by email
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sosodp(m): 7:40pm On Jul 03, 2012
Thank you for your answer and its very appreciated. I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION.I HAD A TRADITIONAL ENGULFMENT AND SHE STARTED USING MY SIR NAME WHICH WAS THE NAME WE USED WHEN APPLY FOR THE DIVERSITY VISA.WE JUST HAD OUR COURT MARRIAGE AND THE CERTIFICATE HAS HER ORIGINAL NAME, I HAVE STARTED FILLING OUT THE 230 FORMS AND I USED THE NAME WHICH WAS USED TO REGISTER THE VISA LOTTERY, WILL THAT BE A PROBLEM WHEN THE KCC SEE OUR MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE WITH HER ORIGINAL NAME ON IT. PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP BECAUSE I CAN SEND THIS FORMS
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sosodp(m): 7:54pm On Jul 03, 2012
Thank you for your answer and its very appreciated. I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION.I HAD A TRADITIONAL ENGULFMENT AND SHE STARTED USING MY SIR NAME WHICH WAS THE NAME WE USED WHEN APPLY FOR THE DIVERSITY VISA.WE JUST HAD OUR COURT MARRIAGE AND THE CERTIFICATE HAS HER ORIGINAL NAME, I HAVE STARTED FILLING OUT THE 230 FORMS AND I USED THE NAME WHICH WAS USED TO REGISTER THE VISA LOTTERY, WILL THAT BE A PROBLEM WHEN THE KCC SEE OUR MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE WITH HER ORIGINAL NAME ON IT. PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP BECAUSE I CAN SEND THIS FORMS
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 8:18am On Jul 04, 2012
sosodp: Thank you for your answer and its very appreciated. I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION.I HAD A TRADITIONAL ENGULFMENT AND SHE STARTED USING MY SIR NAME WHICH WAS THE NAME WE USED WHEN APPLY FOR THE DIVERSITY VISA.WE JUST HAD OUR COURT MARRIAGE AND THE CERTIFICATE HAS HER ORIGINAL NAME, I HAVE STARTED FILLING OUT THE 230 FORMS AND I USED THE NAME WHICH WAS USED TO REGISTER THE VISA LOTTERY, WILL THAT BE A PROBLEM WHEN THE KCC SEE OUR MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE WITH HER ORIGINAL NAME ON IT. PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP BECAUSE I CAN SEND THIS FORMS
did you do your court wedding after you won? Dont worry about the names on the court wedding certificate.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 9:28am On Jul 04, 2012
Dear Forumite, I have checked through all the past interviews (2012) from the couples from this forum but it seem I am not seen the type of past interview like our own case. My own case is that, my wife won the lottery, she had SSCE Nov/Dec (5 credit and more), we applied as couple with a kid, my wife is a trader,while husband is Govt. worker, we have all our wedding doc, we dont have much courtship photograph but we have all other document. My question is this,
* What are the likely questions we need to expect?
* Our case no. is 2013AF 16*** when are we expecting our interview to be hold?
* For the aspect of Education, what are the likely questions?
* What type of question do they normally ask from husband?
Please, I need more enlightment on this. VERY URGENT
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sosodp(m): 10:07am On Jul 04, 2012
Good morning and thank you once again, we had our court marriage after i won. Can you please list the documents i need to send to KCC for me.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missannie: 10:13am On Jul 04, 2012
Danm!!!! I just discovered that; I made a little mistake. I work in a Bank with four years experience & i have 4 credit each in both exams WAEC & NECO with a Computer-School training certificate result, But i don't have a Degree yet.
But i also attended a training in ''Banking Operation'' sponsored by my Bank with i have the certificate, but i applied as a Student.
Here is where am little bit confused filling the form...(Though I've already sent my forms to KCC)

IT IS OKAY Pls, i need advice. Cus someone told me i should have checked ''High School, No Degree''
Pls help... God bless you all
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by oayombo: 1:38pm On Jul 04, 2012
I need clarifications on behalf of my sister that won. Her court wedding is coming up this month but she wants to apply for her passport this week. Pls forumites, what name should she use...her husbands name or the name she used in applying for the diversity visa.
Also, in filling the dsp forms...which name should she use?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:46pm On Jul 04, 2012
chykezworld: pls like hw much is qatar airline....to u.s for d one way ticket?

In 2011 It was N160,000 per person my 8 and 6 yrs kid paid 70% of what we paid and my under 2yrs paid 30% of it.Qater airline only take you to JFK Airport in New York.Since I was going to Boston I only paid for Mega Bus.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 3:30pm On Jul 04, 2012
@remkay,u neednt worry much since you applied as married.tel your to focus on her best subject in ssce,she shld try to remember her ssce biology praticals,you two shld get familiarisd wit each other.your interview might come up b4 end of jan 2013.GOODLUCK
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 3:42pm On Jul 04, 2012
YOU MIGHT BE DENIED VISA COS OF THE DATE OF UR COURT WEDDING SINCE YOU DNT AV COURTSHIP PICTURES TO BACK IT UP.IF POSSIBLE,I WLD ADVISE YOU BACK DATE YOUR COURT WEDDING DATE TO THE DATE BEFORE YOU APPLIED FOR THE LOTTERY.YOU WNT SEND ANY DOCUMENT TO KCC.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sosodp(m): 4:20pm On Jul 04, 2012
WE HAVE COURTSHIP PICTURES AND TRADITIONAL ENGAGEMENT PICTURES TOO, PLEASE WILL THAT HELP US. BECAUSE WE USED MY SIR NAME FOR HER DURING THE INITIAL DV LOTTERY REGISTRATION.
* SHOULD I STILL GO ON USING THE SAME NAME FOR THE DSP FORMS EVEN THOUGH IT IS NOT THE SAME ON THE WEEDING CERTIFICATE.
BECAUSE WE CAN'T BACKDATE ANYTHING ON THE COURT CERTIFICATE

* SHOULD I SEND ONLY THE FORMS WHICH I HAVE FILLED FOR MYSELF,CHILDREN AND WIFE ONLY?
THANK YOU
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sosodp(m): 4:22pm On Jul 04, 2012
MY CASE NUMBER END 28*** WHAT IS THE POSSIBLE DATE OF INTERVIEW

AND WHAT JOB SHOULD I CHOOSE FOR THE OCCUPATION SINCE MY WORK IS A MECHANIC. IS POSSIBLE I CHOOSE MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:02pm On Jul 04, 2012
sosodp: WE HAVE COURTSHIP PICTURES AND TRADITIONAL ENGAGEMENT PICTURES TOO, PLEASE WILL THAT HELP US. BECAUSE WE USED MY SIR NAME FOR HER DURING THE INITIAL DV LOTTERY REGISTRATION.
* SHOULD I STILL GO ON USING THE SAME NAME FOR THE DSP FORMS EVEN THOUGH IT IS NOT THE SAME ON THE WEEDING CERTIFICATE.

* SHOULD I SEND ONLY THE FORMS WHICH I HAVE FILLED FOR MYSELF,CHILDREN AND WIFE ONLY?
THANK YOU

Those ones you mentioned are very useful but the date of the traditional cannot be proven becos its not documented. Embassy are after documents and that is why i asked if you could back date your court wedding and since that isnt possible,i would want the house(nairalanders ) to help out.

Use husband surname for her applications

THANK YOU

Yes, never attach any original document to it.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:06pm On Jul 04, 2012
sosodp: MY CASE NUMBER END 28*** WHAT IS THE POSSIBLE DATE OF INTERVIEW

AND WHAT JOB SHOULD I CHOOSE FOR THE OCCUPATION SINCE MY WORK IS A MECHANIC. IS POSSIBLE I CHOOSE MECHANICAL ENGINEERING

Your interview is going to be next year and please wait and clarify things before sending your forms to KCC.

Your job falls in this area - Automotive Specialty Technicians

http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/49-3023.01

http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/49-3023.02
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sosodp(m): 7:26pm On Jul 04, 2012
Thank you Tammy, i will be waiting for your possible answers to submit the forms as soon as possible thank you again.

* DOES THAT MEAN MY JOB IS NOT A QUALIFYING JOB? BECAUSE IT IS A ZONE 3 NOT 4
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 9:04pm On Jul 04, 2012
sosodp: Thank you Tammy, i will be waiting for your possible answers to submit the forms as soon as possible thank you again.

* DOES THAT MEAN MY JOB IS NOT A QUALIFYING JOB? BECAUSE IT IS A ZONE 3 NOT 4
Are you the principal applicant or your Wife? Its only the principal applicant that need to qualify for such job and have SSCE. Accompany applicants need not provided educational certificate or qualify for any job.

Dont rush to send your forms until you have sorted out your wedding date issue. I can only say submission of forms is late until May 2013 so you still have many months to go

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sosodp(m): 9:21pm On Jul 04, 2012
I AM THE PRINCIPAL APPLICANT. I ONLY HAVE A VOCATIONAL DIPLOMA AND IS THAT EQUIVALENT TO THE EDUCATION ACQUIREMENT THEY NEED, AS IN THE 12 OF FORMAL EDUCATION
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 4:05am On Jul 05, 2012
sosodp: I AM THE PRINCIPAL APPLICANT. I ONLY HAVE A VOCATIONAL DIPLOMA AND IS THAT EQUIVALENT TO THE EDUCATION ACQUIREMENT THEY NEED, AS IN THE 12 OF FORMAL EDUCATION
Vocational Diploma frm which sch. Don't U av WAEC or NECO cert because CO will ask of any1 of it with 5 credits. Work experiences without 5 credits at O'level is nothing at nigeria embassy.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by oayombo: 5:41am On Jul 05, 2012
Bussyme..temmytammy...pls respond to my last query
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 5:59am On Jul 05, 2012
oayombo: I need clarifications on behalf of my sister that won. Her court wedding is coming up this month but she wants to apply for her passport this week. Pls forumites, what name should she use...her husbands name or the name she used in applying for the diversity visa.
DID SHE APPLIED AS MARRIED LAST YEAR?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:44am On Jul 05, 2012
oayombo: I need clarifications on behalf of my sister that won. Her court wedding is coming up this month but she wants to apply for her passport this week. Pls forumites, what name should she use...her husbands name or the name she used in applying for the diversity visa.
She should use her husband name to fill the forms. She can also wait till after wedding before applying for passport,after that she can use her husband on the new passport.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.