Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,824 members, 7,851,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:20 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (925725 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 11:16am On Jan 06, 2013
@ifeanyi.abdul

The system spambot has just blocked your post because of one of the websites contained in your post. That website and the idea behind it is suspicious (not the last website) Please lets avoid promoting such idea here.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 06, 2013
nero xp:
O'level is my highest qualification nd my Neco exam type is June/July,not Nov/Dec.

Then why the brouhaha? You should have used and stated June/July NECO.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ifeanyiabdul: 11:47am On Jan 06, 2013
justwise: @ifeanyi.abdul

The system spambot has just blocked your post because of one of the websites contained in your post. That website and the idea behind it is suspicious (not the last website) Please lets avoid promoting such idea here.
It's okay sir, thank you! I only wanted to share with Ferdimako! No ill feelings! Gracia...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 12:20pm On Jan 06, 2013
ferdimako:

@Roodboy & idoo4love, this is not good news to you! O boy, take heart...CO determines all and you're at their mercy.One might reason HND overrides O'level and its deficiency. Take heart guys in this situation. O'level is supreme after all! Even if u enrol via pre-ND,IJMB,Remedials,Pre-degree, please endeavor to have a complete O'level.Where's Obamaobama??
don't get sad
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 12:42pm On Jan 06, 2013
temmytanny: Hi all,e no easy ooooo,man must hustle to pay bills,thursday- monday have been always been my peak period(not menstral period oo grin grin)and i neva had chance to read your comments till today.Over 200 comments made and i sat down to read all.
Those going for interview soon,all the best oooo and those yet to see their 2NL,it will come IJN.
Stay and be blessed.
NO BE GOD?
pls what can I wear to my interview and what time should I be there...note : scheduled time for intervie is 10am.....pls reply urgently ..thanks house
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 12:55pm On Jan 06, 2013
idoo4love: pls what can I wear to my interview and what time should I be there...note : scheduled time for intervie is 10am.....pls reply urgently ..thanks house

Some questions on this forum are sickening. Please dress up responsibly. Are you waiting for someone to tell you to wear a Singlet over a boxer shot with tie to match? Haba!! Suit up. Look smart. Look take-away. No offense bro.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 12:58pm On Jan 06, 2013
well what a good sunday we have
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 12:59pm On Jan 06, 2013
soye35: @saakeem2003:Bro am really sorry for ur wife dv visa refusal ,but do u believe in God that's the alpha and omega? u can get there if u really mean to achieve ur dream goal in America,why dont u apply for those free tuition's school in Europe and go for either your msc or better still send your wife,u dont pay a dime but only ur school book and student associate due which is a token,this days school package is as good as DV lottery,go to www.findaschool.org and apply to finland ,Sweden or Norway,i bet u with your level and concept,u have no reason to be sad that u were denied the lottery visa,there are 1001 ways to get there,if its work and stay in Canada u want then u need to try Manitoba package,its required that u get someone in Manitoba that will signed undertaking for u and must be a resident in Manitoba,i think u need to hook on this forum for more advice and concept,i know how much u must have invested on the dv but i pray that may God in his mercy provide a way out for u and put smiles on ur face once again.
Many people dont know about the Canadian Immigration thing, i dont know if still the Application for Permanent Residence –Provincial Nominee Program to Canada is on because it was put on halt that is why we applied for the US Dv Lottery coz initially we really wanted to immigrate to Canada. Canada encourages applications for permanent residence from people with abilities, education and work experience that will contribute to the Canadian economy. The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) allows provincial governments to choose immigrants according to the economic needs of the province. Before you can apply to immigrate to Canada as a provincial nominee, you must first be nominated by a province or territory. Like soye35 says if Manitoba Province is good to go let Sakeem try it out because you go with your family as well. grin grin

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 1:10pm On Jan 06, 2013
idoo4love: don't get sad

@fermako, I Roodboy, I will neva receivew a bad news n my life including interview day...cuz mercy of God already waitin 4 me n interview day...I wish myself d best & idoo4...by God power, we will come here and share our testimony (Amen).

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 1:17pm On Jan 06, 2013
Spoondar:
Many people dont know about the Canadian Immigration thing, i dont know if still the Application for Permanent Residence –Provincial Nominee Program to Canada is on because it was put on halt that is why i applied for the dvlottery coz initially we wanted to immigrate to canada. he can also try that coz you go with your family as well. Canada encourages applications for permanent residence from people with abilities, education and work experience that will contribute to the Canadian economy. The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) allows provincial governments to choose immigrants according to the economic needs of the province. Before you can apply to immigrate to Canada as a provincial nominee, you must first be nominated by a province or territory. Like soye35 says if Manitoba Province is good to go let Sakeem try it out.
But canada Immigration runs seems to be a little easy if you have the cash,use the right immigration agent and have patience.I would have loved it too

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 1:18pm On Jan 06, 2013
idoo4love: pls what can I wear to my interview and what time should I be there...note : scheduled time for intervie is 10am.....pls reply urgently ..thanks house
I will keep saying people should dress smart and look lively,Embassy has no dress code
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gunners4u: 1:38pm On Jan 06, 2013
Bros temmy, hw many hours is d stop over @ dubai b4 boarding anoder plane to DFW, & is dere means of calling my parants @ d airport
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 2:16pm On Jan 06, 2013
Pls my people,hw much shuld i put in pocket 4 inter-city trans wen goin 4 my police clearance,nd medical cos i dnt knw any where in lagos.hw much shuld i hav 4 transport for runnin around nd gettin tins done b4 my interview? Pls u all shuld help,cos i havn't bin 2 Lagos before
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ifeanyiabdul: 2:31pm On Jan 06, 2013
nero xp: Pls my people,hw much shuld i put in pocket 4 inter-city trans wen goin 4 my police clearance,nd medical cos i dnt knw any where in lagos.hw much shuld i hav 4 transport for runnin around nd gettin tins done b4 my interview? Pls u all shuld help,cos i havn't bin 2 Lagos before
@ Nero, I know sm pple might b tempted to say: which kind question b that. U mean say u no get friend / relation for Lagos. Not to worry, the issue now is that u sound as though u have no one to put up with in Lagos; if you had, ur host should b able to give u the info u demand. I want to believe u want to lodge in a guest house/ hotel! Why not start by asking for where n how much it cost to lodge in hotel. If u r bouyant, you may want to consider taking drop from ur hotel room to any part of Lag for max of 3k! What's the range of hotel u r looking at?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 3:04pm On Jan 06, 2013
nero xp: Pls my people,hw much shuld i put in pocket 4 inter-city trans wen goin 4 my police clearance,nd medical cos i dnt knw any where in lagos.hw much shuld i hav 4 transport for runnin around nd gettin tins done b4 my interview? Pls u all shuld help,cos i havn't bin 2 Lagos before

Where in Lagos will you put up? I'll advise anyone on a 7am appointment to shun the use of public bus system. If you don't have a car, budget N3k for cab ride to Walter Carrington Crescent unless of course you live in V.I, Ikoyi, Lekki or Lagos mainland. You can't risk arriving late.

I stay in Festac. Using my place of residence as an example, N1000 will conveniently take me to V.I and Ikoyi for medicals and police clearance with some balance left if I choose to use public bus. Just Keep N5k for mobility plus bottled water, gala, guguru and ekpa etc etc..
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Imcool(m): 3:06pm On Jan 06, 2013
temmytanny: I will keep saying people should dress smart and look lively,Embassy has no dress code
Hi temmytanny, pls i'll like you to give me ur contact preferably e.mail contact or contact me thru prettyqueen12010@yahoo.com. Need to know one or two things about my profession in Texas as that's my destination too. I would av asked here but they're indeed personal things. Thanks and God bless.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 3:20pm On Jan 06, 2013
Spoondar: Last night i was talking to a school mate who won the dv lottery 2 yrs ago. She said that your host wil build or destroy you. That if your host doesnt go to college he/she wil make you not to and u'l get stak doing double jobs and no education. If u try to outshine your host hell will break loose. So study them n kip quiet til u move n start shining from your house. That try n ask alot about work n college the first month. Mingle with immigrants who are less 3yrs there coz they wil help you how to go about n comfort u wen u'r down. Dont mention how much money u av wit u wen u land there!
I strongly agree wit wat u said spoondar.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by daddykelly(m): 3:32pm On Jan 06, 2013
waitin for bulletine
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 3:50pm On Jan 06, 2013
temmytanny: I will keep saying people should dress smart and look lively,Embassy has no dress code
thanks ...pls reply the second part of d question abt the time. God bless…....(10am interview , what's the best time to get there because am not mobile.).......pls reply o
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 4:02pm On Jan 06, 2013
loconzo00:

Good talk.
First off,Happy New Year everyone.
Glory be to God for bringing us into the new year not because we are different to the departed ones but for His mercy that endures forever.
Gave myself a little vacation from my laptop while i kept to my smartphone.

To add to the "voice" above.
Lots of people coming to the west for the first time have been misled into wasting years while they get held up on low level jobs or even wrong career path on the advise of their hosts. This eventually affects their sojourn in the west.
Your host will in most cases likely advise you to follow his/her path while ensuring you do not overtake.
There are some good hosts though but few.
It matters a lot. Don't be carried away with dollars or sweet exaggerations. Take your time and always remember your long term goal. Remember you have Green Card. You are as free as in your own country.
Above all, prayer is the key for God's revelation and direction.
I lik ur contribution on this issue. Being a novice, you myt not want to offend ur host thereby making a mistake u will regret. Fixing ur eyes on ur long term goal will actually help you achieve a lot. And above all, prayer for God's approval and guidance. Cos without God approving it, our efforts will be in vain.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by fgeemomen: 4:10pm On Jan 06, 2013
Pls the Ghanaians in the house can any one who has done his medicals and police report tell me how much it will cost? Plus if I have C6 in Maths, C6 in English, D7 in science, D7 Economics, C6 in Geography, D7 in Elective Maths and E8 in Social Studies am I good to go? Pls I need a reply urgently...tanx
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emybaby2(f): 4:26pm On Jan 06, 2013
justwise:

I'm not bothered about how much the police did it for you or how fast it was done, why should one go through a police officer to get it done faster or cheaper? The officer is just lining his own private pocket, we should not encourage that and still complain about corrupt in Nigeria, nobody need to call any police officer in private before getting things done in Nigeria.
I went to the Police headquarters in Abuja which is suppose to be the most disciplined place. I wa told that police record is N15,000, so for me and my husband we paid N30,000 and got the police report in a week time. I discovered it here that some people paid N5,000 while others paid N10,000. Had i known i wouldn't have paid that much. I don't see anything bribery and corruption here. Just a help. If there is any bribery and corruption, any forumite who is duped can shout it out here as a warning. So far i've not heard that yet.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 4:41pm On Jan 06, 2013
emybaby2:
I went to the Police headquarters in Abuja which is suppose to be the most disciplined place. I wa told that police record is N15,000, so for me and my husband we paid N30,000 and got the police report in a week time. I discovered it here that some people paid N5,000 while others paid N10,000. Had i known i wouldn't have paid that much. I don't see anything bribery and corruption here. Just a help. If there is any bribery and corruption, any forumite who is duped can shout it out here as a warning. So far i've not heard that yet.

Really I don't know where all these talks about bribery and corruption emanated from. You are asked to pay for service to be rendered. You negotiate and pay. Please tell me who bribed who under the circumstance? We gave out numbers to save the likes of you unnecessary waste like you just recounted. Someone definitely is not seeing the good intended. We're here to look out for one another.

Oga moderator, I also observed exchanges of emails after the last complaints and no one is talking. If the ban applies to one, let it apply to all.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emybaby2(f): 4:47pm On Jan 06, 2013
taiye-shola:
@emybaby,pls I need u to explain to me abt the process involve in applying for WES stuff pls I will be expeecting ur prompt response
Though i am not applying through the WES, open their website www.wes.org. I am using Josef silny which is accepted by arizona. It is much cheaper and delivers much faster than wes.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emybaby2(f): 4:58pm On Jan 06, 2013
saakeem2003: Thank you all 4 all your messages and prayers pls I will reply all the questions 2morow insha Allah am sorry I have low battery since morning and there is no light here but by 2morow if there is light I will find time to reply all d questions and post the interview proper
Thanks
Sakeem so sorry, i saw you and your family that day but if you don't give up you wil one day go. I remember 10 years ago, i helped a girl who never knew anything about America travel but when she left she didn't want to have anything to do with me. She said i wasn't her size again. I didn't give up. Am also leaving. It might come up someday if you don't give up.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emybaby2(f): 5:08pm On Jan 06, 2013
auschris: I advise that you contact the board of nursing in the US state you intend to work to find out their requirements for becoming an RN. Most US states require certificate evaluation service(CES) from CGFNS. Some states do not require any CGFNS service e.g. California. ur transcripts can be sent directly to them after downloading the application forms from their website.
Sending ur transcripts does you no good if ur intention is to become an RN in the US. However, if u intend to further ur studies, then it may be helpful. Like I said earlier, find out the requirements of the state you intend to work in.
As for NCLEX, there isn't much to it if you prepare well. Answer as many questions as possible from any NCLEX study guide you can lay your hands on e.g. Mosby, lippincott, Saunders etc. You will find the CD ROM that comes with 11th and 12th editions of Brunner and Suddarth's very helpful. It has about 3500 NCLEX-style questions, answers and rationale. I used it when I was preparing for CGFNS exams.
It appears you leave in Abuja. Was that where you trained?
Once again, congrats and success in your future pursuits
Thanks for your advice, i do appreciate it. The state board of nursing in Arizona doesn't need your results directly. You need to pass through an evaluation body like WES, CGFNS and Josef Silny. I choose Josef silny because it is $50 lower than the rest and release the result in 5 days and mails it to the board. One of their requirements is that transcripts and license be mailed directly to them. Please do you know the requirements needed from NNMCNs to mail the license?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 5:36pm On Jan 06, 2013
emybaby2:

Can i just repeat it again here that i don't care about how much you paid or how fast it was, my point is..we should not be dropping phone number or contact detail of any police or agent here. If you want police report or any official document then walk in to their office and get it done.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 5:45pm On Jan 06, 2013
Gentiger:

Really I don't know where all these talks about bribery and corruption emanated from. You are asked to pay for service to be rendered. You negotiate and pay. Please tell me who bribed who under the circumstance? We gave out numbers to save the likes of you unnecessary waste like you just recounted. Someone definitely is not seeing the good intended. We're here to look out for one another.

Oga moderator, I also observed exchanges of emails after the last complaints and no one is talking. If the ban applies to one, let it apply to all.

Why are you more particular about this issue of dropping contact details of Govt officials? What have you got to gain from the whole thing? I'm really beginning to wonder why you have taken this upon yourself to fight for the interest of police officers.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edimop: 6:06pm On Jan 06, 2013
hello house,pls am among d selectee of d 2013 dvlottery winners.I hav sent all documents to d KCC,stil waitn to be sheduled for an interview.pls my questions is,what's the likely preparation one shud take in as regards to the coming interview.pls any tips abt ds peep?I also wana appreciate NL for being there,if nt for u,many mistakes wld be put a lot of peep in a journey of no return.....once again fenx to ur cooperations.....
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 6:12pm On Jan 06, 2013
saakeem2003: Hello House, I want to thank everybody on this forum for their contributions and suggestions and I pray almighty God to be with each and everyone of us, Our interview was Jan 3rd I was there with my wife and children though we were denied by that lady in window 16 as usual and the only thing I can realized from the interview according my wife who is the principal applicant was her WAEC result where she had pass in English though she has HND but the lady refused to look at other results except that of WAEC, she later gave us a paper where they said she was not eligible for the DV.
My purpose here was achieved and I loved you All and Also pray that God should be with you all, am using this opportunity to congratulate those that have gotten their visa and also pray for those awaiting visa that God should see you through, Thanks to the moderators and coordinators of the forum, I love you all God bless NIGERIA, God Bless America
Thanks and God bless U ALL

GOD be with you sir.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 6:14pm On Jan 06, 2013
Just-wise pls dnt fuel up dis issue again pls,i rily undastnd ur point here...but u shuld knw dat dis is a public forum nd nt evry1 would agree wit u on dis.So gentiger pls lets stop dis misundastndin nd quarrel here...nobody is bribin or collectin bribes here,we're jst here 2 help each oda nd to also create an awareness of any new development.please lets stop dis
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:19pm On Jan 06, 2013
justwise: [/b]

Why are you more particular about this issue of dropping contact details of Govt officials? What have you got to gain from the whole thing? I'm really beginning to wonder why you have taken this upon yourself to fight for the interest of police officers.

Perish that thought. Don't insult my integrity. You read me incorrectly. I complained because it appears it was the moment I did so for the first and last time that you showed displeasure. I felt picked on. Go back to a previous point in time. People drop contacts of different persons and no one complained. I did it once and got cautioned. Selective treatment baaa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.