Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,974 members, 7,852,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:27 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (367) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (925782 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogba1: 2:27pm On Jan 09, 2013
temmytanny: try visit GSS again and if they say its not ready,you can go back to the embassy to ask why? this issue happens
pls Temmytanny what is GSS.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 3:09pm On Jan 09, 2013
ogba1:
pls Temmytanny what is GSS.
visa collection centre
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by fgeemomen: 3:10pm On Jan 09, 2013
idoo4love: All thanks to God for his favour and mercies. I got to d embassy at about 8.am and I had to wait cos my interview was scheduled for 10am . I paid 300 naira for d chair cos my friend accompanied me .Went in at about 9.45am and I was given a blue card . Several security check and I even had to remove my belt . I was called by a black man but I told him I was yet to pay and dat the cashier was not on seat. So he called her to attend to us. I made payments (54,500) and was told to seat. Ahhh I Sat down for over 3hours and I listened to several interview sections. You go fear God ooooooo. At about 2.10pm I was called to window 13 and joy filled my heart . So......

Me : gud afternoon and welcome back (cos she went on break)...
Co : gud afternoon and thank you.
Co: What's your year of birth
Me : kkkkkkk
Co: bt in your application it says .....
Me: it was an human error and I attached a letter to d forms I sent .
Co :okay What do u do now
Me : am a student
Co : which skul
Me : kkkkkk
Co : course
Co : level
Co : wow
Co : tell me about d courses u're offering dis semester
Me : kkkkk (and even d 1 I did last semester cos couldn't remember and den I had to jst say somtin without waiting a second )
Co : tell me about "iiiiii" course
Me : kkkk (jst said sumtin relating to d course wit boldness lol)
Co : okay congratulations (she picked up a typed document and circled d address... Go to that address and pick up ur passport) and she gave me back my original documents .
Me : thank you (I jst packed my documents and ja commot for there b4 dem go con call me back dey throw me question lol )..
And guess want all these didn't last up to 6mins . My God is a God of perfection ..HE KNOWS MY NAME,HE SEES ALL AND HAS D KEY IN HIS HANDS..

LESSON DERIVED :
1. Master ur olevel "i.e. Waec" welllla even if u av a bsc cos d woman in window 16 likes asking questions on it. I witnessed a lady's interview and she was denied "sad".
2. When ever u pray, always tell God u want d Co that will grant u ur visa regardless of d "window"..And God will prove himself strong in ur life... Even if u are to be interviewed by d lady in window 16.... Like sum1 will always say here ,"FAITH WORK WONDERS" ... Be bold and make sure u say something even if u're not sure. D Co dos nt knw ur lectures,pastors ,courses ,friends and family in ur photo album etc (incase dem ask for names....jst say something meaningful.... They jst wanna hear from u.. That's all...infact I mentioned a topic as course.
Once again special thanks to boss Temmy for his selfless support,care ,callssssss , mails, in fact he helped me with a sample of d letter I attached. imagine that... How on earth will I forget u and ur good works. God bless u and ur family. May he be there for u all d time . And to every1 here (even d dv 2011 winners) I say a very "BIG" thank you to u all. Ur posts and comments really helped.
Above all PRAY AND THRUST IN GOD..He's working on ur case .. HE his d master key!!!

Congratulations for your successful interview... Your interview has given some of us hope n joy cos I made a similar mistake in the year of birth, I typed 1990 instead of 1987. I hope its a similar mistake as yours?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Adufesco(m): 3:37pm On Jan 09, 2013
jidedon2000@yah:
flight in january is expensive mine is for feb ending,all u need to do is go to MMA1 their office is on first floor beside united airline their flights re vry cheap. plz avoid AGENTS @ airport o o
Thanks bros, i have change my mind am not going dis jan again but 2nd wk in feb, and am goin with delta airland dat is straight to atlanta no stopping or waiting anywhere it is 13hrs journey to Atlanta though i dont know the price yet but before d end of jan i will get it becos dat price falling day by day! See u there thanks.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Adufesco(m): 3:42pm On Jan 09, 2013
adzovia:
yes. when u get there ask your host. but let me tell u that some hosts wont want you to do that cause that is what some of them are doing. they feel you wont respect them if you start earning as them. but you can google for CNA courses in your area
pls does any 1 know the amount paying 4 CNA Staff per hour?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 3:59pm On Jan 09, 2013
House Approves STEM Legislation

For Immediate Release
November 30, 2012

Washington, D.C. – The House of Representatives today approved the STEM Jobs Act (H.R. 6429) by a vote of 245-139. This bill eliminates the diversity visa program and reallocates up to 55,000 new green cards to the most highly qualified foreign graduates of American universities with advanced degrees in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields. The bill also contains a provision to put families first, allowing the spouses and minor children of legal permanent residents to come to the U.S. after waiting one year for their green cards. Chairman Smith praised today’s vote in the statement below.

Chairman Smith: “Many of the world’s top students come to the U.S. to obtain advanced degrees in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) subjects. We could boost economic growth and spur job creation by allowing American employers to more easily hire some of the most qualified foreign graduates of U.S. universities. These students have the ability to start a company that creates jobs or come up with an invention that could jump-start a whole new industry.

“In a global economy, we cannot afford to educate these foreign graduates in the U.S. and then send them back home to work for our competitors. For America to remain the world’s economic leader, we must have access to the world’s best talent. The STEM Jobs Act makes our immigration system smarter by eliminating the diversity visa program and reallocating up to 55,000 new green cards to the best foreign graduates with advanced degrees in STEM fields. This legislation will help us create jobs, increase our competitiveness, and spur our innovation.

“Changes have been made to the bill that will improve our immigration system. The bill puts families first, allowing the spouses and minor children of legal permanent residents to come to the U.S. after waiting one year for their green cards. The current green card waiting list is over two years and it has been much longer in the past. This provision will help keep families together rather than leave them miles apart while waiting to legally come to the U.S.”

To read more about the STEM Jobs Act, visit [url]http://judiciary.house.gov/news/STEM%20Bill%20Passed.html[/url]
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 4:00pm On Jan 09, 2013
Adufesco: pls does any 1 know the amount paying 4 CNA Staff per hour?
in new jersey it is $12.90 to $17.48 per hour it can be more

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 09, 2013
Spoondar: House Approves STEM Legislation

For Immediate Release
November 30, 2012

Washington, D.C. – The House of Representatives today approved the STEM Jobs Act (H.R. 6429) by a vote of 245-139. This bill eliminates the diversity visa program and reallocates up to 55,000 new green cards to the most highly qualified foreign graduates of American universities with advanced degrees in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields. The bill also contains a provision to put families first, allowing the spouses and minor children of legal permanent residents to come to the U.S. after waiting one year for their green cards. Chairman Smith praised today’s vote in the statement below.

Chairman Smith: “Many of the world’s top students come to the U.S. to obtain advanced degrees in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) subjects. We could boost economic growth and spur job creation by allowing American employers to more easily hire some of the most qualified foreign graduates of U.S. universities. These students have the ability to start a company that creates jobs or come up with an invention that could jump-start a whole new industry.

“In a global economy, we cannot afford to educate these foreign graduates in the U.S. and then send them back home to work for our competitors. For America to remain the world’s economic leader, we must have access to the world’s best talent. The STEM Jobs Act makes our immigration system smarter by eliminating the diversity visa program and reallocating up to 55,000 new green cards to the best foreign graduates with advanced degrees in STEM fields. This legislation will help us create jobs, increase our competitiveness, and spur our innovation.

“Changes have been made to the bill that will improve our immigration system. The bill puts families first, allowing the spouses and minor children of legal permanent residents to come to the U.S. after waiting one year for their green cards. The current green card waiting list is over two years and it has been much longer in the past. This provision will help keep families together rather than leave them miles apart while waiting to legally come to the U.S.”

To read more about the STEM Jobs Act, visit [url]http://judiciary.house.gov/news/STEM%20Bill%20Passed.html[/url]

bill passed ...................is different from an a bill assented into law by the president........ok
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 09, 2013
I Hate 9ja:

bill passed ...................is different from an a bill assented into law by the president........ok
got scared when i read it.........hmmmm....but later remembered dat i did public health law @ school........mind @ rest.....passed is boldly different from assent/signed into law......obama no gree oooo.....i beg

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 4:55pm On Jan 09, 2013
monsieursam64: thanks man! But please, i dont understand what u mean by exam docket. Can u please, elaborate better.
Exam pass or course form but u might not need it .
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 4:59pm On Jan 09, 2013
I Hate 9ja:

Got scared when i saw this i am so greatful for your response. Thank you
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 5:01pm On Jan 09, 2013
I Hate 9ja:
got scared when i read it.........hmmmm....but later remembered dat i did public health law @ school........mind @ rest.....passed is boldly different from assent/signed into law......obama no gree oooo.....i beg
This is how people get heart attacks and die because of mis understanding information. Please pardon my little knowledge ooooo grin grin grin
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 5:10pm On Jan 09, 2013
idoo4love: Exam pass or course form but u might not need it .
thanks a lot!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 6:00pm On Jan 09, 2013
adzovia:
For those going for CNA or nursing jobs,please make sure you seek more info about it before you apply for it.Adexkem(nairaland) is a living witness,many CNA holders in some states find it difficult to get job.They give preference to Americans first before GC people.Its a very good high paying job for beginners but findout from your host if the job sells in your state or city before jumping into it.All the best
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 6:04pm On Jan 09, 2013
temmytanny: For those going for CNA or nursing jobs,please make sure you seek more info about it before you apply for it.Adexkem(nairaland) is a living witness,many CNA holders in some states find it difficult to get job.They give preference to Americans first before GC people.Its a very good high paying job for beginners but findout from your host if the job sells in your state or city before jumping into it.All the best
TEMMY i know some homes train and give the job at ones. if they can find those homes it will be better or the red cross
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 6:19pm On Jan 09, 2013
Spoondar: House Approves STEM Legislation

For Immediate Release
November 30, 2012

Out of anxiety, i did a thorough research to ensure i fully comprehend this new immigration bill. These are my findings; the stem bill was passed successfully in d house because republicans control it( house of rep). Mind you, the democrats who are against d bill controls d senate.
The white house and d democrats werent pleased with d bill because they felt the bill was a narrow effort when broader immigration issues should be addressed, such as how to deal with d estimated 11million people in d country without authorisation.
Gutierrez(chairman of immigration task force of d congressional hispanic caucus) and other progressives defeated the measure in a house vote stating that 'if you support this bill, you are saying that one group of immigrants is better than another and one type of educated,degree holding person and their work is more important than others'. He also stated that 'they are saying my father was too stupid to make it, but he put two kids through college and one in the house of representatives'.
Sen. Charles E. Schumer(chairman of the judiciary subcommitee on immigration) objected the bill. He said democrats were in favour of providing more visas for graduates. "But what we dont do is take away other visas" Sen. Schumer said.
I hope this helps.
IT IS WELL IJN!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by abosedekolawole(f): 6:28pm On Jan 09, 2013
House wat happenin wt d visa bullectin? We ought to av seen it now
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by folaonhigh(m): 6:55pm On Jan 09, 2013
idoo4love: Exam pass or course form but u might not need it .
@idoo4love when you are sending your form ds 230 did you put high school diploma as your qualification. And what level are you in your university.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Godhelpmeooo(m): 7:01pm On Jan 09, 2013
adzovia:
TEMMY i know some homes train and give the job at ones. if they can find thos
am a first aider here so i wil go 4 CNA wen i get 2 new jersey.also i lv nursing bt am nt a science student,is ther any exam 2 qualify me ova ther
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 7:05pm On Jan 09, 2013
Godhelpmeooo: am a first aider here so i wil go 4 CNA wen i get 2 new jersey.also i lv nursing bt am nt a science student,is ther any exam 2 qualify me ova ther
u need to go to nursing school before u can write the exam
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by oyidiyaagbayi: 7:07pm On Jan 09, 2013
I want to thank u all so much for ur advice concerning my missed interview,Lagos Iv gave me a reply within the next day and it was re-scheduled from early Dec to March ending.thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lonpylonpa: 7:07pm On Jan 09, 2013
Good day house. I read the new bill that was passed but the problem is that i cannot really understand what it is all about? Does it mean that the diversity visa programme will be stopped? If yes as from which year? If no then please explain. Thanks.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 7:28pm On Jan 09, 2013
new visa bulletin am waiting but i guess 1500 should b add.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Godhelpmeooo(m): 7:30pm On Jan 09, 2013
oyidiyaagbayi: I want to thank u all so much for ur advice concerning my missed interview,Lagos Iv gave me a reply within the next day and it was re-scheduled from
thank GOD oooo,preparation starts imdiatly,above all...PRAYER...GLORY!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 7:48pm On Jan 09, 2013
folaonhigh:
@idoo4love when you are sending your form ds 230 did you put high school diploma as your qualification. And what level are you in your university.
I filled B.sc in view ...400l
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 7:49pm On Jan 09, 2013
temmytanny: Congrats bro,pls come fast and lets rock this US of A for cash oooo.hehehehehehe grin grin
pls anybody Going to Chicago pls
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 7:55pm On Jan 09, 2013
f-geemomen:

Congratulations for your successful interview... Your interview has given some of us hope n joy cos I made a similar mistake in the year of birth, I typed 1990 instead of 1987. I hope its a similar mistake as yours?
just fill the correct 1 in ur forms .you can attach a letter to it. And pray for favour from God and all will be well. Amen
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 7:59pm On Jan 09, 2013
adzovia:
What about Chicago ..?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 8:01pm On Jan 09, 2013
idoo4love: pls anybody Going to Chicago pls
dnt ve chicago flight idea nor d price bt my wife friend dt base in chicago said she do go wth DELTA and do connect chicago frm ATLANTA.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Amedino1: 8:01pm On Jan 09, 2013
@femo:
new visa bulletin am waiting but i guess 1500 should b add.

Plssssssss 1500 is too small jawe.. Am guess 5500 shld be add jooor
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by folaonhigh(m): 8:45pm On Jan 09, 2013
idoo4love: I filled B.sc in view ...400l
i attended lasu external system so if i am to fill the form as somebody waiting for result, is it appropriate to put B.sc awaiting result when filling form ds230?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 8:53pm On Jan 09, 2013
grin
Amedino1:

grin
Amedino1:

lol!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (869) (Reply)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.