Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,898 members, 7,866,427 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:20 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (927480 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emybaby2(f): 10:37am On Jan 09, 2013
femsoj: I also wanted T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ post this before but I don't knw how Mr Moderator will feel about it. The man Genteger gave out ȋ̝̊̅§ number really assisted me yesterday for the police report. I stayed there for not more than 1 hour and I only paid 4000naira. So I don't see why giving out A̷̷̴̐͠ number for the benefit of the forum's member should be A̷̷̴̐͠ crime
me i paid N30,000 for what you just paid N4000. The only happiness is that i got my visa. If the moderator doesnt want public contacts, then let private messaging work.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tinacrl01(m): 10:37am On Jan 09, 2013
Godhelpmeooo: @ temmytanny thank u so mch 4 d info,pls i wil lv to knw why u said so,did u comfirm dis frm smwhere.al d same,she was created by ALMIGHTY GOD.al of us in dis forum wil collect our american visa IJN(amen)GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen º°˚˚°ºoo... My broder
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 11:01am On Jan 09, 2013
loconzo00:

Congrats!!!
thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 11:02am On Jan 09, 2013
gunners4u: Congrat idoolove once again, @ peter ife na train u go used connet to new jersey
thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 11:04am On Jan 09, 2013
junkerhill: congratulation my brother. The good Lord has done again for u. As he did for u, so shall he do it for us.
amen IJN
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 11:11am On Jan 09, 2013
junkerhill: Good morning all. I am still of the opinion that contacts and addresses be shared on this thread cos it really helps. If temmy didn't giv idoo4love his email address and phone, how would he had coped. He myt have gone to another length that would either cost him much or make a mistake he would regret. He helped him wit sample of the letter he sent to kcc and other stuff. I think intent of this thread is to help ourselves and I still believe sharing contacts is still one of the ways to do that.
U are right o...I would have made tooooo many mistakes because so many people offered to help with info that would have complicated issues ... Hunmmm I thank God for him o.. U can't Just understand what I mean....na me know wetin I see o
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:12am On Jan 09, 2013
seye4God: Dear House,

Compliment of the season. We are thanking and praising God for the gift of life.

I must commend everyone for their great input. We are truly Nigerians. How I wish Nigerians could remain be honest and trustworthy as we are trying to assist ourselves through this media.

My wife is the primary applicant and we noticed human error on our Date of Birth in the Original Entry. We have filled and submitted forms DSP 122 and DS230 (Parts I & II) to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) in USA with our real Date of Birth.

Do we send an email to them in Lagos to notify them? If so, which e-mail address should we send it to? I also wanted to ask if the photocopies of all our documents should be in colour or black and if they will grant laminated documents as well.

Once again, thank you and God bless everyone. Our God is forever faithful. I am a living witness; what about you?

Since you've corrected the error made during your eDV application on your DS 230 form, there's nothing left to do. Just note down the erroneous date of birth because that's what you'll stick to in all your correspondence with KCC and for checking updates on the entrant check page.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 11:17am On Jan 09, 2013
idoo4love: U are right o...I would have made tooooo many mistakes because so many people offered to help with info that would have complicated issues ... Hunmmm I thank God for him o.. U can't Just understand what I mean....na me know wetin I see o
I can only imagine what could hav happeend if u had made som mistakes.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 11:19am On Jan 09, 2013
monsieursam64: once again, Congrats idoo! Our God is faithful! Pls, what documents did you take to d embassy to prove you are an undergraduate?
I went with my waec, testimonial , admission letter and exam docket (bt it was returned even during d screening slf) ..
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 11:21am On Jan 09, 2013
[quote author=junkerhill] I can only imagine what could hav happeend if u had made som mistakes.[/quot I tell u o
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 11:25am On Jan 09, 2013
mohamed shire: hi,every body in this house,i just wana ask u what is the total money that i should take to the interview in dollers.

the documents taking to interview are police report+birth certificate+passport+medical examination+2photos+processing fee, what else?

please i also like to ask u i have IGCSE certificate from Edexcel is it acceptable.

pls write to me soon

go with at least 3 copies of ur passport photographs
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by mohamedshire: 11:38am On Jan 09, 2013
idoo4love: go with at least 3 copies of ur passport photographs

my frnd are u saying 3photos which r exactly the same as my passport photo or they can be different, what about other quastions
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 11:40am On Jan 09, 2013
abosedekolawole: pls, is this course CNA also available in other states like pennslyvania
yes. when u get there ask your host. but let me tell u that some hosts wont want you to do that cause that is what some of them are doing. they feel you wont respect them if you start earning as them. but you can google for CNA courses in your area

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 11:43am On Jan 09, 2013
peters ife: Adzovia, pls do i need to board a flight when i get to newyork to newjersey, or is their any cheaper means to get to newjersey from newyork.
yes there is a cheaper way like a bus or the train but i took a connecting flight to philadelphia and my host picked me up at the airport. ask your airline if a bus can be arranged for you from the airport i know it is done. with a flight it is 45 minutes but with a bus 3 hours i dont know that of a plane
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by xmelly4lov: 11:43am On Jan 09, 2013
Hello fellas.
I Was among those that went for the interview in 10th december 2012, and by Gods grace I was told my visa will be given to me but I shold firts send photocopies of my credentials to gss. Nd gss told me to come bck in 10 working days for my visa. But till now my visa is still not ready anytime I go dere to ask @ gss. Please, house what do I do? I Will appreciate your noble advice. Thanks

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 11:49am On Jan 09, 2013
babbs45: And also, the CNA program is a very good start for those aspiring to be registered nurse.
you are right cause they can be working and still going to nursing school. it also gives them credit so instead of for example 3 years of nursing school they might end up doing 2 years. there is always a demand for CNA's everywhere in the states
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 11:50am On Jan 09, 2013
mohamed shire: .

my frnd are u saying 3photos which r exactly the same as my passport photo or they can be different, what about other quastions
it can be different o....bt 2x2 for interview.as for the questions read all the posts on this forum
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 11:50am On Jan 09, 2013
idoo4love: I went with my waec, testimonial , admission letter and exam docket (bt it was returned even during d screening slf) ..
thanks man! But please, i dont understand what u mean by exam docket. Can u please, elaborate better.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 11:52am On Jan 09, 2013
Spoondar:
I would want to go for a nursing school and i hear BSN is the best level to acquire in nursing. How long does one take to do this coarse? And will you compare it with IT in terms of money and getting jobs because am an IT profession but not by choice.
IT is great. this country strives on technology. but if you want nursing start with the CNA first. whiles working you can be going to nursing school

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Shine1177: 12:10pm On Jan 09, 2013
ienny: This is my story... myself,wifey and daughter applied for dv 2013 on the 1st of nov.2011. We had our daughter jan.2011 and my wife was again 8 months pregnant at the time we applied. The boy eventually came around dec.2011 which boils down to the fact that we had 2 babies in a single callender year. To the glory of God we got to know we won mid month of may 2012. We included the boy in the form we sent to KCC not minding whether or not we will be schrewed by CO to defend that the boy is actually ours as he was not included in the initial application or that the CO might find it a little difficult to believe that we actaully had 2 kids in a single calender year.Our interview was schedule for 7a.m jan 4.We did all the security checks, paid for 4 of us and all our documents were collected. Trust me i follow this thread on per second basis, so all our docs were intact and well arranged. Meanwhile my kids were playing all about in the hall such that they were noticed by all fellow 'interviewees' . We expected to be interviewed like around 10a.m cos so many people were ahead of us only for us to see our tag number flashing on window 13(the black american angel).The white lady had been engaging a woman with 2kids before we realised we the next to be interviewed.We quickly jumped up went straight to the black angel, at that time i knew is a done deal already based on the testimonies i have heard about her.My confidence was over doubled and i felt so relief as she engaged us on the below
CO: Good morning with much smiles
US: Good morning with much smiles
CO: What do u do?
ME: Am a channel manager in ....
CO: Can you explain that to me
ME: Bla bla .. and she said ok
CO: Turned to wifey..when did u get married?
WIFEY: 2010
CO: What do u do
WIFEY: Trading
CO: In what
WIFEY: Designers perfumes and clothings
CO: Do you have your wedding album here
ME: Yes,i brought out our photo book and she was like wow this is big and beautiful. Flipped through 3 pages and stopped.
CO: Do u have pictures of your kids when they were small
ME: Yes, brought out pics of me,wifey&daughter when she was six months and also pics of me,wifey,daughter and son when my boy clocked six months also.
CO: Congratulations follows right immediately.....

I sincerely appreciate all the contributions and efforts of all in this forum to actualising this great dream.May the good God approves all waiting for their interviews, those that are current but yet to receive their 2nl and to all those waiting to be current. This journey requires a whole lot of patience ooo and prayers. I also really really enjoy most of the comic relief i get from some of the wonderful people in this forum, they actually helped me a lot to ease the stress of waiting and tension. Temmy, gentiger, adesoji, brightmore and others please i personally humbly request for some more comic relief to celebrate my success story. Many thanks all.

CO:
Congratulations.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by petersife: 12:28pm On Jan 09, 2013
Thanks adzovia am really appreciate Ur effort.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ebykings(f): 12:34pm On Jan 09, 2013
idoo4love: All thanks to God for his favour and mercies. I got to d embassy at about 8.am and I had to wait cos my interview was scheduled for 10am . I paid 300 naira for d chair cos my friend accompanied me .Went in at about 9.45am and I was given a blue card . Several security check and I even had to remove my belt . I was called by a black man but I told him I was yet to pay and dat the cashier was not on seat. So he called her to attend to us. I made payments (54,500) and was told to seat. Ahhh I Sat down for over 3hours and I listened to several interview sections. You go fear God ooooooo. At about 2.10pm I was called to window 13 and joy filled my heart . So......

Me : gud afternoon and welcome back (cos she went on break)...
Co : gud afternoon and thank you.
Co: What's your year of birth
Me : kkkkkkk
Co: bt in your application it says .....
Me: it was an human error and I attached a letter to d forms I sent .
Co :okay What do u do now
Me : am a student
Co : which skul
Me : kkkkkk
Co : course
Co : level
Co : wow
Co : tell me about d courses u're offering dis semester
Me : kkkkk (and even d 1 I did last semester cos couldn't remember and den I had to jst say somtin without waiting a second )
Co : tell me about "iiiiii" course
Me : kkkk (jst said sumtin relating to d course wit boldness lol)
Co : okay congratulations (she picked up a typed document and circled d address... Go to that address and pick up ur passport) and she gave me back my original documents .
Me : thank you (I jst packed my documents and ja commot for there b4 dem go con call me back dey throw me question lol )..
And guess want all these didn't last up to 6mins . My God is a God of perfection ..HE KNOWS MY NAME,HE SEES ALL AND HAS D KEY IN HIS HANDS..

LESSON DERIVED :
1. Master ur olevel "i.e. Waec" welllla even if u av a bsc cos d woman in window 16 likes asking questions on it. I witnessed a lady's interview and she was denied "sad".
2. When ever u pray, always tell God u want d Co that will grant u ur visa regardless of d "window"..And God will prove himself strong in ur life... Even if u are to be interviewed by d lady in window 16.... Like sum1 will always say here ,"FAITH WORK WONDERS" ... Be bold and make sure u say something even if u're not sure. D Co dos nt knw ur lectures,pastors ,courses ,friends and family in ur photo album etc (incase dem ask for names....jst say something meaningful.... They jst wanna hear from u.. That's all...infact I mentioned a topic as course.
Once again special thanks to boss Temmy for his selfless support,care ,callssssss , mails, in fact he helped me with a sample of d letter I attached. imagine that... How on earth will I forget u and ur good works. God bless u and ur family. May he be there for u all d time . And to every1 here (even d dv 2011 winners) I say a very "BIG" thank you to u all. Ur posts and comments really helped.
Above all PRAY AND THRUST IN GOD..He's working on ur case .. HE his d master key!!!

Congrat God is great!!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by babbs45: 12:35pm On Jan 09, 2013
Spoondar:
I would want to go for a nursing school and i hear BSN is the best level to acquire in nursing. How long does one take to do this coarse? And will you compare it with IT in terms of money and getting jobs because am an IT profession but not by choice.
Yes, BSN is the best level to acquire in nursing. It is a four year program. You use the first two years for your prerequisites and the last two years for the real nursing course. I think the best route is to start with CNA whiles you take your prerequisites at a community college and then transfer as junior to a university to finish your program. This route is also cheaper than going straight to the university. The demand for RN is very high and pay very good.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by mohamedshire: 12:39pm On Jan 09, 2013
mohamed shire: hi,every body in this house,1)i just wana ask u what is the total money that i should take to the interview in dollers.

2)the documents taking to interview are police report+birth certificate+passport+medical examination+2photos+processing fee, what else?

3) please i also like to ask u i have IGCSE certificate from Edexcel is it acceptable.

pls write to me soon.

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 12:50pm On Jan 09, 2013
Spoondar:

adzovia:
IT is great. this country strives on technology. but if you want nursing start with the CNA first. whiles working you can be going to nursing school

babbs45: Yes, BSN is the best level to acquire in nursing. It is a four year program. You use the first two years for your prerequisites and the last two years for the real nursing course. I think the best route is to start with CNA whiles you take your prerequisites at a community college and then transfer as junior to a university to finish your program. This route is also cheaper than going straight to the university. The demand for RN is very high and pay very good.

babbs45: And also, the CNA program is a very good start for those aspiring to be registered nurse.

adzovia: you are right cause they can be working and still going to nursing school. it also gives them credit so instead of for example 3 years of nursing school they might end up doing 2 years. there is always a demand for CNA's everywhere in the states

Thank you babbs45 and adzovia for the above information you people are GREAT!

adzovia: when u get there ask your host. but let me tell u that some hosts wont want you to do that cause that is what some of them are doing. they feel you wont respect them if you start earning as them. but you can google for CNA courses in your area

We thank GOD you have opened our eyes ooo
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 12:57pm On Jan 09, 2013
undecided
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seye4God: 12:59pm On Jan 09, 2013
I wanted to ask:

1. The photocopies of the original documents, can it be in colour or black? Which one do they accept?

2. Do they accept laminated documents e.g. certificate, date of birth etc.

Thanks for your quick response to my previous inquiry.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 1:19pm On Jan 09, 2013
junkerhill: Good morning all. I am still of the opinion that contacts and addresses be shared on this thread cos it really helps. If temmy didn't giv idoo4love his email address and phone, how would he had coped. He myt have gone to another length that would either cost him much or make a mistake he would regret. He helped him wit sample of the letter he sent to kcc and other stuff. I think intent of this thread is to help ourselves and I still believe sharing contacts is still one of the ways to do that.
Congrats bro,pls come fast and lets rock this US of A for cash oooo.hehehehehehe grin grin
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 1:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
@soye35]

I play by the rule. Justwise outlawed it. Go to my profile, write me with this request as your subject matter. I'll respond accordingly. To get to my profit, click on my name and you'll find what you need to contact me.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 1:22pm On Jan 09, 2013
junkerhill: Mr moderator, it is unquestionable and crystal clear that u ar a man of integrity and that u hav the interest of this country and forumites at heart and I thank you for that. If u can still have a rethink on the issue it will also be fine. I believe u will still be helping people as well, either save them from spendin extra money or save their tym and also prevent them from making some unnecessary mistakes. I plead to ur conscience to rethink about it or u can as well call for the house to vote it out. Which that has the highest vote proceeds. That's my opinion sha.
I dont think this should be an issue,nairaland has it own internal mail,once you want to have private conversation with any one just add the person as some to FOLLOW,you then be contacting eash other via your private emails.I have met lots of people tru that means.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 1:26pm On Jan 09, 2013
xmelly4lov: Hello fellas.
I Was among those that went for the interview in 10th december 2012, and by Gods grace I was told my visa will be given to me but I shold firts send photocopies of my credentials to gss. Nd gss told me to come bck in 10 working days for my visa. But till now my visa is still not ready anytime I go dere to ask @ gss. Please, house what do I do? I Will appreciate your noble advice. Thanks
try visit GSS again and if they say its not ready,you can go back to the embassy to ask why? this issue happens

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (869) (Reply)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.