Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,733 members, 7,865,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 08:05 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (365) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (927401 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 1:44am On Jan 09, 2013
temmytanny: @all,

Please,prepare very well for your interview.I have a feeling the slim white lady has taken charge of dv lottery winners interview.Am not trying to scare you but prepared well,be bold and always look into her eye when answering question for her or anyone that may interview you.All the best
You are right for the number of hours I stayed there, I noticed that. When I got there, the black lady was with her, after sometime the black lady went for break for almost an hour and only d lady at window 16 kept attending to people....she also went on break wen another white lady came (Window 15 also nice and did not deny anyone till I left, even a couple that had issue but d husband explain weellllllaaaa) . The window 16 woman's break didn't last up to 45 mins o....sooooo prepare cos she takes her time to ask questions
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 1:47am On Jan 09, 2013
f-geemomen:
House wat do u tink abt this...I knw a friend who has won the DV 2013, he won tru an agent. He filled the form 4 years ago n the agent kept on playing every year with his particulars till he finally won. One day he was called by the agent to his office to see the 1st NL for him self. He did that n they both went tru the process, they visited the official site n opened the letter for him to see n also withholding the confirmation number form him. They 2gether filled the forms and all the necessary documents and he become current and received the 2nd NL. Now the agent has asked my fren to get ready with the following:
1. 500 dollars as processing fee
2. 5000 dollars as consultation and service charge
Total: 5500 dollars was requested from him b4 he will be given his confirmation number and the other documents. His due for interview last week of January.
He is thinking of stopping the whole process, what do u tink he should do? He is in Ghana tho...
he should beg him o..and pray
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by abosedekolawole(f): 1:52am On Jan 09, 2013
adzovia:
i have no idea but i will advice anyone coming to have more then $1500 on them when you come you enroll in a course called CNA that is community nursing assistance. it does not take 3 weeks and job is guaranteed the pay is good. you can be doing that whiles applying for other jobs or furthering your education
pls, is this course CNA also available in other states like pennslyvania
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 1:59am On Jan 09, 2013
Imcool: Hi Temmytanny, thanks 4d (poke), will get back @ u soonest. Pls will like to know if it's necessary to go to d interview with waec scratch card for verification. Any house member with useful info on this should kindly put me thru. SHALOM!
Pls go with a scratch card... While I was there , d woman in window 16 asked for d original waec of a lady . But I felt she should have told d Co that she's with a scratch card but she didn't.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 2:03am On Jan 09, 2013
[quote author=Remmy488][/quote]i gbadun your moves,during my own time i was just smiling whenever she ask me quuestions
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 2:08am On Jan 09, 2013
At monsieursam64, Spoondar, XP, ebykings, jidedon2000@yah, Gentiger (thanks for ur support ), rood boy, temmytanny, yembe2013, Godhelpmeooo, kaypositve, gunners4u, adesojiaderemi
Thank you

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 2:15am On Jan 09, 2013
jidedon2000@yah:
my dear bro am also traveling feb ending to atlanta total cost of royal air maroc is N168,540 to ATLANTA one way but to JFK is N138,500.
Pls any info on flight to Chicago ? Thanks and God bless
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 2:24am On Jan 09, 2013
nero xp: Idoo4love pls did u use normal passport photo size or dv lottery recommended size 2 apply 4 ur Int.passport,NPC birth cert.,police report nd medicals? Pls any oda persn who has knowledge abt dis shuld also contribute cos am confused nw.some re sayin is normal size pasport photo,while sum re sayin (2 by 2) size pasport.Jidedon i copy ur reply oo nd tanx 4 dat.
normal passport size for all your documents but you will go the embassy with a 2x2 passport (white background).Go with 4 copies because they collected 3 copies from me.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by babbs45: 2:38am On Jan 09, 2013
abosedekolawole: pls, is this course CNA also available in other states like pennslyvania
It is in every state.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by babbs45: 2:47am On Jan 09, 2013
adzovia:
i have no idea but i will advice anyone coming to have more then $1500 on them when you come you enroll in a course called CNA that is community nursing assistance. it does not take 3 weeks and job is guaranteed the pay is good. you can be doing that whiles applying for other jobs or furthering your education
And also, the CNA program is a very good start for those aspiring to be registered nurse.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by petersife: 3:20am On Jan 09, 2013
Adzovia, pls do i need to board a flight when i get to newyork to newjersey, or is their any cheaper means to get to newjersey from newyork.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 3:22am On Jan 09, 2013
idoo4love: All thanks to God for his favour and mercies. I got to d embassy at about 8.am and I had to wait cos my interview was scheduled for 10am . I paid 300 naira for d chair cos my friend accompanied me .Went in at about 9.45am and I was given a blue card . Several security check and I even had to remove my belt . I was called by a black man but I told him I was yet to pay and dat the cashier was not on seat. So he called her to attend to us. I made payments (54,500) and was told to seat. Ahhh I Sat down for over 3hours and I listened to several interview sections. You go fear God ooooooo. At about 2.10pm I was called to window 13 and joy filled my heart . So......

Me : gud afternoon and welcome back (cos she went on break)...
Co : gud afternoon and thank you.
Co: What's your year of birth
Me : kkkkkkk
Co: bt in your application it says .....
Me: it was an human error and I attached a letter to d forms I sent .
Co :okay What do u do now
Me : am a student
Co : which skul
Me : kkkkkk
Co : course
Co : level
Co : wow
Co : tell me about d courses u're offering dis semester
Me : kkkkk (and even d 1 I did last semester cos couldn't remember and den I had to jst say somtin without waiting a second )
Co : tell me about "iiiiii" course
Me : kkkk (jst said sumtin relating to d course wit boldness lol)
Co : okay congratulations (she picked up a typed document and circled d address... Go to that address and pick up ur passport) and she gave me back my original documents .
Me : thank you (I jst packed my documents and ja commot for there b4 dem go con call me back dey throw me question lol )..
And guess want all these didn't last up to 6mins . My God is a God of perfection ..HE KNOWS MY NAME,HE SEES ALL AND HAS D KEY IN HIS HANDS..

LESSON DERIVED :
1. Master ur olevel "i.e. Waec" welllla even if u av a bsc cos d woman in window 16 likes asking questions on it. I witnessed a lady's interview and she was denied "sad".
2. When ever u pray, always tell God u want d Co that will grant u ur visa regardless of d "window"..And God will prove himself strong in ur life... Even if u are to be interviewed by d lady in window 16.... Like sum1 will always say here ,"FAITH WORK WONDERS" ... Be bold and make sure u say something even if u're not sure. D Co dos nt knw ur lectures,pastors ,courses ,friends and family in ur photo album etc (incase dem ask for names....jst say something meaningful.... They jst wanna hear from u.. That's all...infact I mentioned a topic as course.
Once again special thanks to boss Temmy for his selfless support,care ,callssssss , mails, in fact he helped me with a sample of d letter I attached. imagine that... How on earth will I forget u and ur good works. God bless u and ur family. May he be there for u all d time . And to every1 here (even d dv 2011 winners) I say a very "BIG" thank you to u all. Ur posts and comments really helped.
Above all PRAY AND THRUST IN GOD..He's working on ur case .. HE his d master key!!!

Congrats!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gunners4u: 4:12am On Jan 09, 2013
Congrat idoolove once again, @ peter ife na train u go used connet to new jersey
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 4:55am On Jan 09, 2013
idoo4love: All thanks to God for his favour and mercies. I got to d embassy at about 8.am and I had to wait cos my interview was scheduled for 10am . I paid 300 naira for d chair cos my friend accompanied me .Went in at about 9.45am and I was given a blue card . Several security check and I even had to remove my belt . I was called by a black man but I told him I was yet to pay and dat the cashier was not on seat. So he called her to attend to us. I made payments (54,500) and was told to seat. Ahhh I Sat down for over 3hours and I listened to several interview sections. You go fear God ooooooo. At about 2.10pm I was called to window 13 and joy filled my heart . So......

Me : kkkkk (and even d 1 I did last semester cos couldn't remember and den I had to jst say somtin without waiting a second )
Co : okay congratulations (she picked up a typed document and circled d address... Go to that address and pick up ur passport) and she gave me back my original documents .
Me : thank you (I jst packed my documents and ja commot for there b4 dem go con call me back dey throw me question lol )..
And guess want all these didn't last up to 6mins . My God is a God of perfection ..HE KNOWS MY NAME,HE SEES ALL AND HAS D KEY IN HIS HANDS..

LESSON DERIVED :
1. Master ur olevel "i.e. Waec" welllla even if u av a bsc cos d woman in window 16 likes asking questions on it. I witnessed a lady's interview and she was denied "sad".
2. When ever u pray, always tell God u want d Co that will grant u ur visa regardless of d "window"..And God will prove himself strong in ur life... Even if u are to be interviewed by d lady in window 16.... Like sum1 will always say here ,"FAITH WORK WONDERS" ... Be bold and make sure u say something even if u're not sure. D Co dos nt knw ur lectures,pastors ,courses ,friends and family in ur photo album etc (incase dem ask for names....jst say something meaningful.... They jst wanna hear from u.. That's all...infact I mentioned a topic as course.
Once again special thanks to boss Temmy for his selfless support,care ,callssssss , mails, in fact he helped me with a sample of d letter I attached. imagine that... How on earth will I forget u and ur good works. God bless u and ur family. May he be there for u all d time . And to every1 here (even d dv 2011 winners) I say a very "BIG" thank you to u all. Ur posts and comments really helped.
Above all PRAY AND THRUST IN GOD..He's working on ur case .. HE his d master key!!!
congratulation my brother. The good Lord has done again for u. As he did for u, so shall he do it for us.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 5:03am On Jan 09, 2013
Good morning all. I am still of the opinion that contacts and addresses be shared on this thread cos it really helps. If temmy didn't giv idoo4love his email address and phone, how would he had coped. He myt have gone to another length that would either cost him much or make a mistake he would regret. He helped him wit sample of the letter he sent to kcc and other stuff. I think intent of this thread is to help ourselves and I still believe sharing contacts is still one of the ways to do that.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Godhelpmeooo(m): 5:18am On Jan 09, 2013
Malachi 3 vs 6-12,GOD bless you as you read.gudmoning house,my prayer 4 nairalanders who ar going 4 interview 2day,GOD will favour you all in JESUS name(amen)GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by petersife: 5:41am On Jan 09, 2013
Thank u gunners.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femsoj: 5:45am On Jan 09, 2013
junkerhill: Good morning all. I am still of the opinion that contacts and addresses be shared on this thread cos it really helps. If temmy didn't giv idoo4love his email address and phone, how would he had coped. He myt have gone to another length that would either cost him much or make a mistake he would regret. He helped him wit sample of the letter he sent to kcc and other stuff. I think intent of this thread is to help ourselves and I still believe sharing contacts is still one of the ways to do that.
I also wanted T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ post this before but I don't knw how Mr Moderator will feel about it. The man Genteger gave out ȋ̝̊̅§ number really assisted me yesterday for the police report. I stayed there for not more than 1 hour and I only paid 4000naira. So I don't see why giving out A̷̷̴̐͠ number for the benefit of the forum's member should be A̷̷̴̐͠ crime

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 6:21am On Jan 09, 2013

LESSON DERIVED :
once again, Congrats idoo! Our God is faithful! Pls, what documents did you take to d embassy to prove you are an undergraduate?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ienny: 6:27am On Jan 09, 2013
femsoj: I also wanted T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ post this before but I don't knw how Mr Moderator will feel about it. The man Genteger gave out ȋ̝̊̅§ number really assisted me yesterday for the police report. I stayed there for not more than 1 hour and I only paid 4000naira. So I don't see why giving out A̷̷̴̐͠ number for the benefit of the forum's member should be A̷̷̴̐͠ crime
I think mr. moderator should really have a rethink about people dropping contacts numbers and stuffs here, cos that act has actually helped so many people on this forum. I also stumbled on one nub when i was about to do my police report and that made life so easy for me. Contact is key in every sphere of life ooo,it makes your journey in life easy and smooth.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 6:53am On Jan 09, 2013
femsoj: I also wanted T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ post this before but I don't knw how Mr Moderator will feel about it. The man Genteger gave out ȋ̝̊̅§ number really assisted me yesterday for the police report. I stayed there for not more than 1 hour and I only paid 4000naira. So I don't see why giving out A̷̷̴̐͠ number for the benefit of the forum's member should be A̷̷̴̐͠ crime
Mr moderator, it is unquestionable and crystal clear that u ar a man of integrity and that u hav the interest of this country and forumites at heart and I thank you for that. If u can still have a rethink on the issue it will also be fine. I believe u will still be helping people as well, either save them from spendin extra money or save their tym and also prevent them from making some unnecessary mistakes. I plead to ur conscience to rethink about it or u can as well call for the house to vote it out. Which that has the highest vote proceeds. That's my opinion sha.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogbonlowob: 7:40am On Jan 09, 2013
junkerhill: Mr moderator, it is unquestionable and crystal clear that u ar a man of integrity and that u hav the interest of this country and forumites at heart and I thank you for that. If u can still have a rethink on the issue it will also be fine. I believe u will still be helping people as well, either save them from spendin extra money or save their tym and also prevent them from making some unnecessary mistakes. I plead to ur conscience to rethink about it or u can as well call for the house to vote it out. Which that has the highest vote proceeds. That's my opinion sha.
My take on this matter: Sincerely, you mean well Mr. Moderator, God bless you! I only want to say that the corruption that u r trying to prevent in this forum will now manifest like a monster at Alagbon if we do not have contacts. Reason: Firstly, there is no official fee for police report known to the public. 2. The police will capitalise on this, in their usual corrupt nature, and exploit u and bill u any fee without even a receipt. 3. Because of the widespread corruption in the police force, from security at d gate to the big high ranking officer - there is a high tendency that they will extort and eventually collect that bribe u r trying to avoid cos there is no official fee. However, Mr Moderator- Do u know the official approved rate for police report? If u know, pls give us the source so that when we get there and they mention something higher, we will have a yardstick to attack them, fight them, tell them to stop bribery and corruption even if it means going to jail. I ready to go to jail and forfeit Dv loTtery for the cause u r fighting! How do we also know fake police report 4m original. Thank u sir!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 7:44am On Jan 09, 2013
adzovia:
I would want to go for a nursing school and i hear BSN is the best level to acquire in nursing. How long does one take to do this coarse? And will you compare it with IT in terms of money and getting jobs because am an IT profession but not by choice.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 8:02am On Jan 09, 2013
ogbonlowob: My take on this matter: Sincerely, you mean well Mr. Moderator, God bless you! I only want to say that the corruption that u r trying to prevent in this forum will now manifest like a monster at Alagbon if we do not have contacts. Reason: Firstly, there is no official fee for police report known to the public. 2. The police will capitalise on this, in their usual corrupt nature, and exploit u and bill u any fee without even a receipt. 3. Because of the widespread corruption in the police force, from security at d gate to the big high ranking officer - there is a high tendency that they will extort and eventually collect that bribe u r trying to avoid cos there is no official fee. However, Mr Moderator- Do u know the official approved rate for police report? If u know, pls give us the source so that when we get there and they mention something higher, we will have a yardstick to attack them, fight them, tell them to stop bribery and corruption even if it means going to jail. I ready to go to jail and forfeit Dv loTtery for the cause u r fighting! How do we also know fake police report 4m original. Thank u sir!
bros ogbonlowob, i understand d cause u are fighting and i believe it's for d good of all. But i wont pray you go to jail o cos jail no b where person de pray mk e go.
Bros. Justwise, please have a rethink. This contacts will go a long way in helping us all.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:22am On Jan 09, 2013
on the issue of police report, I am the first person to post a contact person on this thread few months ago, the moderator blocked the post because it contained the name and the phone number of the Police officer, I felt bad about it and thought Justwise was mean.Now that the issue resuface again and he still keeps his stand I respect him for that.Honestly, we dont need to promote any Police man or NPC officer just because we want to have our ways it is wrong,whatever we are doing here is for public consumption and it goes a long way in defining our nation to the outside world.My advice is;when you get to Alagbon ask of the Forensic department to avoid any third party influence.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 8:31am On Jan 09, 2013

LESSON DERIVED :
Congratulations and many thanks to your Lesson Derived points.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Remmy488(m): 9:10am On Jan 09, 2013
temmytanny: i gbadun your moves,during my own time i was just smiling whenever she ask me quuestions

thanks bro i was jus tryng to follow lectures i gatherde here infact i bombarded wit answers dt she doesnt knw what ask dan i shud get her my evidence of been in national youth service
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by faithman2020: 9:41am On Jan 09, 2013
Allybert:

If your wife delivers before your interview, all you need to do is to get an international passport for the baby (I am not very sure about the min age requirement for application of an international passort) and fill the DS-230 as well pay for the baby`s visa too at on your interview day. Dont forget take pictures of the child`s naming ceremony or dedication along wth you to the interview.
[email]
Allybert:

If your wife delivers before your interview, all you need to do is to get an international passport for the baby (I am not very sure about the min age requirement for application of an international passort) and fill the DS-230 as well pay for the baby`s visa too at on your interview day. Dont forget take pictures of the child`s naming ceremony or dedication along wth you to the interview.
[/email]
Allybert:

If your wife delivers before your interview, all you need to do is to get an international passport for the baby (I am not very sure about the min age requirement for application of
an international passort) and fill the DS-230 as well pay for the baby`s visa too at on your interview day. Dont forget take pictures of the child`s naming ceremony or dedication along wth you to the interview.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by mohamedshire: 9:56am On Jan 09, 2013
hi,every body in this house,i just wana ask u what is the total money that i should take to the interview in dollers.

the documents taking to interview are police report+birth certificate+passport+medical examination+2photos+processing fee, what else?

please i also like to ask u i have IGCSE certificate from Edexcel is it acceptable.

pls write to me soon
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seye4God: 10:02am On Jan 09, 2013
Dear House,

Compliment of the season. We are thanking and praising God for the gift of life.

I must commend everyone for their great input. We are truly Nigerians. How I wish Nigerians could remain be honest and trustworthy as we are trying to assist ourselves through this media.

My wife is the primary applicant and we noticed human error on our Date of Birth in the Original Entry. We have filled and submitted forms DSP 122 and DS230 (Parts I & II) to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) in USA with our real Date of Birth.

Do we send an email to them in Lagos to notify them? If so, which e-mail address should we send it to? I also wanted to ask if the photocopies of all our documents should be in colour or black and if they will grant laminated documents as well.

Once again, thank you and God bless everyone. Our God is forever faithful. I am a living witness; what about you?

faithman2020: [email][/email]
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 10:17am On Jan 09, 2013
ienny: This is my story... myself,wifey and daughter applied for dv 2013 on the 1st of nov.2011. We had our daughter jan.2011 and my wife was again 8 months pregnant at the time we applied. The boy eventually came around dec.2011 which boils down to the fact that we had 2 babies in a single callender year. To the glory of God we got to know we won mid month of may 2012. We included the boy in the form we sent to KCC not minding whether or not we will be schrewed by CO to defend that the boy is actually ours as he was not included in the initial application or that the CO might find it a little difficult to believe that we actaully had 2 kids in a single calender year.Our interview was schedule for 7a.m jan 4.We did all the security checks, paid for 4 of us and all our documents were collected. Trust me i follow this thread on per second basis, so all our docs were intact and well arranged. Meanwhile my kids were playing all about in the hall such that they were noticed by all fellow 'interviewees' . We expected to be interviewed like around 10a.m cos so many people were ahead of us only for us to see our tag number flashing on window 13(the black american angel).The white lady had been engaging a woman with 2kids before we realised we the next to be interviewed.We quickly jumped up went straight to the black angel, at that time i knew is a done deal already based on the testimonies i have heard about her.My confidence was over doubled and i felt so relief as she engaged us on the below
CO: Good morning with much smiles
US: Good morning with much smiles
CO: What do u do?
ME: Am a channel manager in ....
CO: Can you explain that to me
ME: Bla bla .. and she said ok
CO: Turned to wifey..when did u get married?
WIFEY: 2010
CO: What do u do
WIFEY: Trading
CO: In what
WIFEY: Designers perfumes and clothings
CO: Do you have your wedding album here
ME: Yes,i brought out our photo book and she was like wow this is big and beautiful. Flipped through 3 pages and stopped.
CO: Do u have pictures of your kids when they were small
ME: Yes, brought out pics of me,wifey&daughter when she was six months and also pics of me,wifey,daughter and son when my boy clocked six months also.
CO: Congratulations follows right immediately.....

I sincerely appreciate all the contributions and efforts of all in this forum to actualising this great dream.May the good God approves all waiting for their interviews, those that are current but yet to receive their 2nl and to all those waiting to be current. This journey requires a whole lot of patience ooo and prayers. I also really really enjoy most of the comic relief i get from some of the wonderful people in this forum, they actually helped me a lot to ease the stress of waiting and tension. Temmy, gentiger, adesoji, brightmore and others please i personally humbly request for some more comic relief to celebrate my success story. Many thanks all.

CO:

Congrats!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emybaby2(f): 10:30am On Jan 09, 2013
abosedekolawole: pls, is this course CNA also available in other states like pennslyvania
CNA is available in all the states. It is what we call auxilliary nursing here. They pay very well than the normal $5 per hour. That isa the stepping stone for lots of people to use and begin their lives in the USA. Open theboard of nursing website of the state in which you reside and get lots of info.

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (869) (Reply)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.