Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,341 members, 7,843,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (434) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (924294 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 30, 2013
Gentiger:

If you are referring to the interview hall I visited a couple of days back, then you are mistake bro. It's one big hall with different windows (Cubicles). If you choose not to pay, no one takes notice until you are the only one sitting awkwardly. Your payment gives you an interview tag number. If the principal applicant pays, he gets the tag. That tag covers every one of his derivatives. It's at the point of his interview he gets to tell the CO his wife is not covered in the payment because she would be coming much later. It's noted down after reasons might have been given. Whenever she's ready which must be before the expiration of the year visa lottery program, she can show up with her payment after she must have written the embassy to indicate her intention to approach. The new appointment given in response to her mail serves as the access key into the embassy. She's not interviewed again. Her visa is merely issued since the principal has been issued. This is the procedure bro.

Are you sure? I think that guy should go with his wife or ex-wife and leave her behind or sth or get a divorce. When's his interview because I wld like to keep tabs on it.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 30, 2013
Nuru231: Thank you Gentiger, so you mean I can go alone at the very last minute, If I don't pay for her and tell the CO, my wife is not included but latter, the CO will accept? and this doesn't bring a visa deny?

When is ur day? Can't u just get ur woman on for this pass? I have seen where the principal's money was returned because the family wasn't complete.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nuru231: 7:58pm On Jan 30, 2013
Dear ferdimako, I wish if I could go with my wife, but she can't, beside I live and make interview in Europe. I'm expecting my 2NL for May. Thank you, u welcome with any idea or experience to share.
ferdimako:

When is ur day? Can't u just get ur woman on for this pass? I have seen where the principal's money was returned because the family wasn't complete.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chirpywest(m): 8:02pm On Jan 30, 2013
Nuru231: Thank you bro, I'm sorry I was out, during registration, I fill my country of resident is in Europe on which I will make interview, but my wife resides back home country, plus in DSP 230; 31b, I stated that my wife will join me latter. In this point I didn't see the CO will confront me, to sit my wife for interview. I dono I'm confused right now.
Bros, if they won't interview u in naija then u got nothing to be afraid of. U are good to go with ur explanation. Don't be confused bro cos ur wife may not even get european visa but if u get ur 2NL and they said u will be interviewed in lagos, u let us know for more info. But u will need ur marriage certificate and possibly pictures to convince the CO but don't worry urself cos u will get the visa, just package urself well and be courageous. Ok
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Amedino1: 8:15pm On Jan 30, 2013
I Hate 9ja: @ uniqueprivacy.........
House this is wat we call an interview......and not that uneccessary brainstorming and widening @ window 16.........for my own time.....by fire she no go dey on sit......Amen
i can stand such pressure.......

Amen º°˚˚°ºo

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:18pm On Jan 30, 2013
vacancy: HOUSE NEED ADVICE OOOOOO
1.A FAMILY OF FOUR REQUIRE HELP AND ADVICE ( SOMEONE TO STAY WITH IN MASSACHUSETTS. OR TO GET ACCOMMODATION. BECAUSE THE PERSON WE RELIED ON NEED THE ATTENTION OF HIS MOTHER TO TAKE CARE OF HIS NEW BABY.
2. I LEARN T USA SYSTEM GIVE PREFERENCE FOR WOMEN AND KIDS TO GET GRANTS.NEED TO APPLY FOR THIS GRANT IMMEDIATELY I GET INTO USA TO BE PRECISE IN MASSACHUSETTS. SOMEONE HAS POSTED THE GRANTS ON THIS FORUM BUT COULD NOT GET THE PAGE.
3.HOW TO GET JOBS IN MASSACHUSETTS

Vacancy I live in MA, it all depends on where you will like to reside in MA,accomodation is on average of $I200 for a bedroom apartment,yes there is prefererance for Women, Infant and Children but dont settle for that,get as much money as you can for you to settle down then commit the rest to God.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nuru231: 8:19pm On Jan 30, 2013
I bet I do, just help me in your prayers guys, you know the CO's are very sensitive and I don't want any troubles with them. Thank you Chipywest, may God be with all of us.
chirpywest:
Bros, if they won't interview u in naija then u got nothing to be afraid of. U are good to go with ur explanation. Don't be confused bro cos ur wife may not even get european visa but if u get ur 2NL and they said u will be interviewed in lagos, u let us know for more info. But u will need ur marriage certificate and possibly pictures to convince the CO but don't worry urself cos u will get the visa, just package urself well and be courageous. Ok
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 30, 2013
Nuru231: Dear ferdimako, I wish if I could go with my wife, but she can't, beside I live and make interview in Europe. I'm expecting my 2NL for May. Thank you, u welcome with any idea or experience to share.

When your 2nl lands and I want to believe you included her and that will show,she will do her interview in Nigeria.Try to inquire about this option from ur intended US Embassy in Europe.Which Embassy are you up against? She can go for hers here in lagos.I have seen that situation.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 8:24pm On Jan 30, 2013
Nuru231: Thank you Gentiger, so you mean I can go alone at the very last minute, If I don't pay for her and tell the CO, my wife is not included but latter, the CO will accept? and this doesn't bring a visa deny?

That's the correct position of law. She MUST be physically present. For goodness sakes, how can you claim married when your wife cannot be cross-examined for dissenting views? Don't approach the embassy without all your derivatives EXCEPT they are already permanently resident in the US (Green carded) or Citizens of the States. If you try it, others will learn from your mistakes.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 8:29pm On Jan 30, 2013
idriez:

Gentiger, is this "She's not interviewed again. Her visa is merely issued since the principal has been issued" possible? If affirmative, then people would have been doing that or don't you think so??

She'll be interviewed along with her husband at the first instance. That is, their interview if successful is the reason the principal is given a visa. Technically, she already has her visa in principle but not ready to physically collect it since she hasn't furnished the necessary consideration to necessitate immediate issuance.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chirpywest(m): 8:30pm On Jan 30, 2013
Nuru231: I bet I do, just help me in your prayers guys, you know the CO's are very sensitive and I don't want any troubles with them. Thank you Chipywest, may God be with all of us.
U don't have a problem bros, once u have a valid student visa and I'd card. Just be honest with the CO and u are good to go.where exactly are u in europe?

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nuru231: 8:42pm On Jan 30, 2013
Gentiger, I don't understand what you mean by, "She MUST be physically present"? but I will make interview in Europe. I have to claim married because I'm married, you know I have to fill the truth. what if she can't to appear, why should I loose. I'm the principal.
Gentiger:

That's the correct position of law. She MUST be physically present. For goodness sakes, how can you claim married when your wife cannot be cross-examined for dissenting views? Don't approach the embassy without all your derivatives EXCEPT they are already permanently resident in the US (Green carded) or Citizens of the States. If you try it, others will learn from your mistakes.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 8:44pm On Jan 30, 2013
@Nuru231: Worry less my bro. I will suggest that you go though the recent past responses from guys here and i bet you, your questions have been answered perfectly.
Just go through them and analyse it with your situation. And don't forget to notify the house as soon as you have your 2nd NL for further assistance. God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 9:01pm On Jan 30, 2013
Nuru231: Gentiger, I don't understand what you mean by, "She MUST be physically present"? but I will make interview in Europe. I have to claim married because I'm married, you know I have to fill the truth. what if she can't to appear, why should I loose. I'm the principal.

You said you're married, right? To who? How can the CO be convinced you are married without actually interviewing (cross-examining) your wife along side with you? She CAN choose not to travel with you but she CANNOT choose not to be interviewed with you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nuru231: 9:10pm On Jan 30, 2013
I can convinced the CO with my marriage certificate. In you opinion Every couples (husband or wife) must be there even though one of them (the beneficiary)don't want to travel to US,
Gentiger:

You said you're married, right? To who? How can the CO be convinced you are married without actually interviewing (cross-examining) your wife along side with you? She CAN choose not to travel with you but she CANNOT choose not to be interviewed with you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 30, 2013
Gentiger:

They can be interviewed at separate Embassies. They need to inquire though. I have seen a guy interviewed in london while his wife and kid did in lagos.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Amedino1: 9:15pm On Jan 30, 2013
nero xp:
@ Gentiger there was an ommision of a letter word lyk dis--NWOGBO instead of NWAOGBO--as u can see..'A' letter was ommited nd dis error is only in my school leavin testimonial,while evry of my documents has de correct spellin...I hav swore an affedavit of fact regardin de omission in a High court.my only worry nw is am I good to go 4 my interview wit only de affedavit or I shuld also publish in de newspaper,is de publication necessary in my own case?

Guy ll advice u †̥ go back †̥ ur Skool ƒσя Correction. Jes spend 2K †̥ avoid all dis long process
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nuru231: 9:19pm On Jan 30, 2013
I have same case bro with the man in London,
ferdimako:

They can be interviewed at separate Embassies. They need to inquire though. I have seen a guy interviewed in london while his wife and kid did in lagos.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 30, 2013
Nuru231: I have same case bro with the man in London,

Find out more from the Embassy when u get ur 2nl and do it that way. No way ur wife won't be interviewed unless she's dead or divorced and you provide the documents. Even if she is not going to America with you, she must be seen and interviewed in in Nigeria or in Europe.All the best!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 9:32pm On Jan 30, 2013
Tornado touches down in northwest Georgia. Killed 1.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by goldenfish4u: 9:33pm On Jan 30, 2013
house pls i need ur response cos my interview is few weeks time i av five credit but E8 in Einglish n i av anoda weac wit credit in English but waec made mistake in d date of birth in which av returned it to waec 4 correction but it will not b ready b4 my interview, i want to kw if i can submit d coloured fotocopy n scratch card to d co or i shld hold on to it 4 d co to ask 4 it but i included it in my dsp 122 pls gurus in d house dat as done dere interview advice me ooo
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idriez: 9:56pm On Jan 30, 2013
Gentiger:

She'll be interviewed along with her husband at the first instance. That is, their interview if successful is the reason the principal is given a visa. Technically, she already has her visa in principle but not ready to physically collect it since she hasn't furnished the necessary consideration to necessitate immediate issuance.

And this will happen(her interview) without her paying for visa at "first instance"?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:15pm On Jan 30, 2013
Nuru231: I can convinced the CO with my marriage certificate. In you opinion Every couples (husband or wife) must be there even though one of them (the beneficiary)don't want to travel to US,

Do as you please. Do not say you were not told. Maximize this once in a life time opportunity. Goodluck buddy!!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 10:17pm On Jan 30, 2013
I ve gone tru d selectee instructions and still searching ......nuru ni suru .
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:19pm On Jan 30, 2013
ferdimako:

I hate to press so hard to avert a catastrophe. This was how majority of the people here asked that couple to add individuals who weren't in the original eDV application to the DS 230 form. Some even claimed to have seen those who did it and succeeded. Well, the rest is history now.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:21pm On Jan 30, 2013
idriez:

And this will happen(her interview) without her paying for visa at "first instance"?

She'll be cross-examined because the principal winner is claiming her as his spouse. It's a standard procedure.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idriez: 11:05pm On Jan 30, 2013
Gentiger:

She'll be cross-examined because the principal winner is claiming her as his spouse. It's a standard procedure.

Ok.... I now understand.
Do you know of any other NPC office apart from the one at Surulere? I need to do the NPC attestation though I have the short-form birth cert or dont I??
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:24pm On Jan 30, 2013
[quote author=Gentiger]

She'll be cross-examined because the principal winner is claiming her as his spouse. It's a standard procedure.[/quot

gentiger what of other procedure where applicants dont need to appear;they only mail their documents and the embassy take up the rest...(not Dv).
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by widelink: 2:20am On Jan 31, 2013
Hello house, my suggestion for those that having serious issue is to contact the embassy handling their cases via E-mail. I am very sure they will surely help you out without any stress because that's why they are there. When I filled my DS-230 form my wife was pregnant and I wrote a letter in my own hand writing stated that we might appear more than two during our interview and send a copy of my wife's pix in her pregnancy state. I followed it up when my child was born and notified the US embassy in Nigeria, the correspondence unit replied that I should download attached copy of form DS-230 for my daughter and Im free to appear with her.

Surprisingly, when I was called @ the window to submit my docs the lady smiled and told me I did well my notifying KCC in the first place. She returned my wife pix which was sealed in a static nylon and packaged well and same thing with my letter.

@Nuru please contact the embassy via email and explain yourself but make sure you print out the reply from their corresponding unit and take it along with you to your interview.

May God almighty direct our paths and we shall not fail.

Thanks all.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ksjlar: 2:46am On Jan 31, 2013
I personally think this is a smart answer.
@Nuru since you mentioned you will be interviewing in Europe, please do well to find out from the embassy where you will interviewing with and they will help you to clarify all doubts.

Thanks.

widelink: Hello house, my suggestion for those that having serious issue is to contact the embassy handling their cases via E-mail. I am very sure they will surely help you out without any stress because that's why they are there. When I filled my DS-230 form my wife was pregnant and I wrote a letter in my own hand writing stated that we might appear more than two during our interview and send a copy of my wife's pix in her pregnancy state. I followed it up when my child was born and notified the US embassy in Nigeria, the correspondence unit replied that I should download attached copy of form DS-230 for my daughter and Im free to appear with her.

Surprisingly, when I was called @ the window to submit my docs the lady smiled and told me I did well my notifying KCC in the first place. She returned my wife pix which was sealed in a static nylon and packaged well and same thing with my letter.

@Nuru please contact the embassy via email and explain yourself but make sure you print out the reply from their corresponding unit and take it along with you to your interview.

May God almighty direct our paths and we shall not fail.

Thanks all.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 2:53am On Jan 31, 2013
[quote author=adesojiaderemi@][/quote]

I am glad you said not DV. British visa procedure won't require your physical presence unless of course it's immigrant visa application. America standard procedure demands your physical presence whether it's immigrant or non-immigrant visa application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (869) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.