Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (716) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (921327 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by vacancy: 8:14am On May 10, 2013
I WAS AT THE SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION OFFICE YESTERDAY IN TEXAS TO APPLY FOR THE SSN. TO MY SURPRISE WE WERE INFORMED WE HAVE TO COME BACK AFTER 21 WORKING DAYS AFTER THE DATE OF OUR POINT OF ENTRY. THE GUY INFORMED US THAT IMMIGRATION MUST FINALISED AND SEND THE PERMENENT RESIDENT CARD BEFORE WE CAN COME BACK FOR THE SSN.PLS HOUSE IS THIS ONLY APPLICABLE TO PEOPLE IN TEXAS?THANKS BROTHERS
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 9:25am On May 10, 2013
Gentiger: You can go back to school here in the States to increase your earnings and have an edge over your contemporaries. You need not spend a fortune to do that. You can take full advantage of Federal and Private loans and repay over time. The Good thing about taking and repaying loans as of when due is that it builds up your credit history and makes you credit worthy. So my advice to all new immigrants is to begin building your credit ratings. How do you do that? The moment you have a job, you can approach any of the stores in your locality offering credit cards to customers. For those in California, try out Marshall or Macy stores. There are many others. You can begin by taking $500 - $1000 credit card facility from these stores for your shopping. These stores mentioned and others are where I buy my clothes. Their services are exceptional.

Back to What we were saying, going back to school need not be tedious. I'll advice each and everyone already in the States to evaluate their certificates or academic credentials with the appropriate evaluation centers scattered. across the States. This is a very important step if you must go to school. Secondly choose a course of study most sought after. Do programs that will make you indispensable. Always verify average yearly income for any program you choose and job availability. When you are satisfied with your chosen program, then you can proceed to the next level.

You must choose schools with the necessary accreditation for the desired course of study. Ensure you review the schools in your locality for competitiveness and financial aid availability. This is very important . Private schools are expensive but better in terms of academic output. Again, they churn out graduates much faster than government schools. Classes are not congested and students are given personal attention, usually, you may be assigned to a professor to guide you through your chosen course of study. This is the advantage of private over public schools.

When you have chosen your school and your course of study, the next phase is how to pay for tuition and other related expenses. This is where federal grant and federal/private loans come in. I will break it down for you to understand. Let's proceed.

When you enroll for any house of study in a college or university setting, as a green card holder you are entitled to $5500 grant. It's called the Pell Grant and is non-refundable. It's awuf. With this grant, your school fee is reduced by $5,500. All schools will draw this grant to your attention. It is your entitlement. America sweet die!!!

Next, you need to create a pin for your Federal Government loans. Loans are not grants. Loans from the government are repayable over a period of 10 years with a fixed but low interest rate in comparison to Private loans. Avoid private loans as much as you can. To get your pin, log on to www.pin.ed.gov. Fill out the required forms and allow a maximum of 3 business days to have your pin approved. Your pin is your financial power as far as government loans are concerned. Do not share it and do not disclose to third parties.

Below are the various Federal government grants you can take advantage of. It covers all levels of studies, college students, undergraduates or graduate students.

1.Federal Stafford Loan
2. Federal graduate plus loan
3. Federal Parent plus loan
If you don't want these loans but want to be employed by your school and have your salary used to service your tuition, Then take advantage of the
4. Federal Work study.

To apply for Federal Stafford loan, you must first have your admission for your program of study, Then log on to www.fafsa.gov. You can also take a look at this site for additional information: www.studentloans.gov. I wish everyone a lovely study life in the US.

A word of advice:

If your highest level of studies is WAEC/NECO, please don't travel down to the States without atleast 5 WAEC/NECO scratch cards. You will need it here. Trust me when I tell you this. Again, if you are a graduate of any field of study, approach your graduate school and have your transcript processed. Keep a personal reference copy and have your school send a copy to any one of the certificate evaluation services here in the States. I wish I had someone to tell me all these before I left Nigeria. I plan travelling down though. Log on to www.Wes.org. This is one of the best certificate evaluation service providers you can find. There are many others. Google them up and ensure they are properly accredited to provide that service in the US.

God bless you all. Gentiger signing off from Los Angeles.

Big Dawg!! Thanks muchos amigos

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 9:28am On May 10, 2013
vacancy: I WAS AT THE SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION OFFICE YESTERDAY IN TEXAS TO APPLY FOR THE SSN. TO MY SURPRISE WE WERE INFORMED WE HAVE TO COME BACK AFTER 21 WORKING DAYS AFTER THE DATE OF OUR POINT OF ENTRY. THE GUY INFORMED US THAT IMMIGRATION MUST FINALISED AND SEND THE PERMENENT RESIDENT CARD BEFORE WE CAN COME BACK FOR THE SSN.PLS HOUSE IS THIS ONLY APPLICABLE TO PEOPLE IN TEXAS?THANKS BROTHERS
Yes dats a normal protocol here in Texas,I had to wait for 21 days before applyin for ma SSN.So bro hav a lil patience nd start enjoyin everytin nw before den grin
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Remmy488(m): 9:57am On May 10, 2013
Whre in Bowie are you? I'm in Landover hills Maryland I came last Wednesday as well, can we actually meeet? U can mail me so as to give u my contact.

tovalli:
Hello house, I'm so sorry for my long absence I got to the united states of america on the 28th of april..I left lagos on the 27th via qatar airways which had a 8hour stop over in doha before proceeding to washington dulles intl airport on the 28th of april by 4:14pm eastern time..I won't lie dis is really Gods own country, its really beautiful I'm staying with my host who stays in bowie in maryland...I went to the social security office to apply on monday the 29th and till now I havnt received anything in the mail including my green card,welcome letter etc I hope there's nothing wrong cos this is the 11th day since I've bin on us soil....thank you all so much God bless
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by vacancy: 10:17am On May 10, 2013
nero xp:
Yes dats a normal protocol here in Texas,I had to wait for 21 days before applyin for ma SSN.So bro hav a lil patience nd start enjoyin everytin nw before den grin
thanks brother.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tomnjerry7(m): 10:25am On May 10, 2013
Empty
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sozen2010: 10:26am On May 10, 2013
ik.swiss:
Please wer the full address

Very easy to locate. when u get to Obalende, Lagos ask anybody of Eti Osa.when you get there ask for Mr Easy
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 10:29am On May 10, 2013
Brother is Mr Easy the one doing police report
sozen2010:

Very easy to locate. when u get to Obalende, Lagos ask anybody of Eti Osa.when you get there ask for Mr Easy
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by rauly: 10:47am On May 10, 2013
@gentiger......I am an undergraduate and i have been selected for further processing for DV2014.I have two years left to graduate.What do you advice me to do house
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 10:53am On May 10, 2013
raul_y: @gentiger......I am an undergraduate and i have been selected for further processing for DV2014.I have two years left to graduate.What do you advice me to do house

Congrats Raul!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:36am On May 10, 2013
raul_y: @gentiger......I am an undergraduate and i have been selected for further processing for DV2014.I have two years left to graduate.What do you advice me to do house

Well, depending on your CN, if you're sure of graduating next year, you can delay the submission of your forms to a reasonable time. If it's 2015 you will be graduating, depending on your sponsor, you May proceed as a transferred student. When your transcript is evaluated, you will be re-admitted as a transferred student to finish your program in a US institution. Congratulations on your being selection.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 11:38am On May 10, 2013
u are very good to go. Just ensure u fill the right info on the dsp forms b4 sendin to kcc
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by rauly: 12:03pm On May 10, 2013
By the grace of God,am sure of graduating in 2years time.How do i go about the "transferred student process"??
My case number AF00010***......
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sozen2010: 12:04pm On May 10, 2013
ik.swiss:
Brother is Mr Easy the one doing police report

Nope!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:11pm On May 10, 2013
Gentiger: You can go back to school here in the States to increase your earnings and have an edge over your contemporaries. You need not spend a fortune to do that. You can take full advantage of Federal and Private loans and repay over time. The Good thing about taking and repaying loans as of when due is that it builds up your credit history and makes you credit worthy. So my advice to all new immigrants is to begin building your credit ratings. How do you do that? The moment you have a job, you can approach any of the stores in your locality offering credit cards to customers. For those in California, try out Marshall or Macy stores. There are many others. You can begin by taking $500 - $1000 credit card facility from these stores for your shopping. These stores mentioned and others are where I buy my clothes. Their services are exceptional.

Back to What we were saying, going back to school need not be tedious. I'll advice each and everyone already in the States to evaluate their certificates or academic credentials with the appropriate evaluation centers scattered. across the States. This is a very important step if you must go to school. Secondly choose a course of study most sought after. Do programs that will make you indispensable. Always verify average yearly income for any program you choose and job availability. When you are satisfied with your chosen program, then you can proceed to the next level.

You must choose schools with the necessary accreditation for the desired course of study. Ensure you review the schools in your locality for competitiveness and financial aid availability. This is very important . Private schools are expensive but better in terms of academic output. Again, they churn out graduates much faster than government schools. Classes are not congested and students are given personal attention, usually, you may be assigned to a professor to guide you through your chosen course of study. This is the advantage of private over public schools.

When you have chosen your school and your course of study, the next phase is how to pay for tuition and other related expenses. This is where federal grant and federal/private loans come in. I will break it down for you to understand. Let's proceed.

When you enroll for any house of study in a college or university setting, as a green card holder you are entitled to $5500 grant. It's called the Pell Grant and is non-refundable. It's awuf. With this grant, your school fee is reduced by $5,500. All schools will draw this grant to your attention. It is your entitlement. America sweet die!!!

Next, you need to create a pin for your Federal Government loans. Loans are not grants. Loans from the government are repayable over a period of 10 years with a fixed but low interest rate in comparison to Private loans. Avoid private loans as much as you can. To get your pin, log on to www.pin.ed.gov. Fill out the required forms and allow a maximum of 3 business days to have your pin approved. Your pin is your financial power as far as government loans are concerned. Do not share it and do not disclose to third parties.

Below are the various Federal government grants you can take advantage of. It covers all levels of studies, college students, undergraduates or graduate students.

1.Federal Stafford Loan
If you don't want these loans but want to be employed by your school and have your salary used to service your tuition, Then take advantage of the
4. Federal Work study.

To apply for Federal Stafford loan, you must first have your admission for your program of study, Then log on to www.fafsa.gov. You can also take a look at this site for additional information: www.studentloans.gov. I wish everyone a lovely study life in the US.

A word of advice:

If your highest level of studies is WAEC/NECO, please don't travel down to the States without atleast 5 WAEC/NECO scratch cards. You will need it here. Trust me when I tell you this. Again, if you are a graduate of any field of study, approach your graduate school and have your transcript processed. Keep a personal reference copy and have your school send a copy to any one of the certificate evaluation services here in the States. I wish I had someone to tell me all these before I left Nigeria. I plan travelling down though. Log on to www.Wes.org. This is one of the best certificate evaluation service providers you can find. There are many others. Google them up and ensure they are properly accredited to provide that service in the US.

This is awesome,nice one gentiger.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:12pm On May 10, 2013
vacancy: I WAS AT THE SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION OFFICE YESTERDAY IN TEXAS TO APPLY FOR THE SSN. TO MY SURPRISE WE WERE INFORMED WE HAVE TO COME BACK AFTER 21 WORKING DAYS AFTER THE DATE OF OUR POINT OF ENTRY. THE GUY INFORMED US THAT IMMIGRATION MUST FINALISED AND SEND THE PERMENENT RESIDENT CARD BEFORE WE CAN COME BACK FOR THE SSN.PLS HOUSE IS THIS ONLY APPLICABLE TO PEOPLE IN TEXAS?THANKS BROTHERS

That is the norm in Texas bro.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by capoonyx: 12:22pm On May 10, 2013
rood boy:
this is one question that those who have successfull made it to the US are answering in this house... I have been reading this trend to know how much most of those who are in the state now paid for their ticket and how they went about it..which flight is cheaper for some of us to use..but each time the question comes up there is silence..why? Am due to travel by the week of june,i live in warri delta state..i have gone online to check for flight fees from various airlines and find out that Emirates n one airline have not hard of them b4,somethin Royal kini kon, are the cheapest, emirates for my date which is on the 7th selling for 900 dollars which is about 150k or less one way ticket...have not paid yet because the amount is not yet, i hope to get informations from the house how to go about makin payment and also get to know what others are paying and how they made their payment,because am not comfortable payin online...does that mean i have to travel to lagos and book for ticket? And come back to warri to wait till week i will be travelling and go back to lagos? Just need a clare explanation of booking for the cheapest flight and to go about..thank you house, you all are doing a great work here..GOD Bless you all

You are're welcm to the state buh pls hw much is the plane cost u frm 9ja to indianapolies?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ojisalara: 12:58pm On May 10, 2013
raul_y: By the grace of God,am sure of graduating in 2years time.How do i go about the "transferred student process"??
My case number AF00010***......

Congrats, If you are sure you will graduate next year then you have to hold on from sending your forms to KCC until early next year.. you can send it January or February so that when you must have gotten your VISA , you will still have time to finish your program
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ManTiger(m): 1:13pm On May 10, 2013
We're gonna be current today, hip hip hip....hurrayyyyyyyyyyyy.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Trezeget: 1:18pm On May 10, 2013
@nero,am sory i dnt ping u boss.its was due 2 stress and otrher stuff like datz.i wil as soon as i stle down boss.@roodboy d ticket cost me 22othousand naira but its was a return ticket on standby.datz jst it bruv
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Trezeget: 1:20pm On May 10, 2013
i boarded united airline
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tundemalikgmai(m): 1:24pm On May 10, 2013
ManTiger: We're gonna be current today, hip hip hip....hurrayyyyyyyyyyyy.
yea bro,can't wait for bulletin to upload fast fast!!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 1:24pm On May 10, 2013

1.Federal Stafford Loan
4. Federal Work study.

A word of advice:

Nice one. Keep the flag flying bro.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 1:34pm On May 10, 2013
How exactly does the bulletin works?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tassembly(m): 1:35pm On May 10, 2013
urgent reply is needed for a bro who has gotten his visa in nigeria,we want to know if he can enter through any point of entry,the envelope given to him ,they wrote illinois,but they didnt state if that is point of entry.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tomnjerry7(m): 1:48pm On May 10, 2013
Empty
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by piku12: 2:15pm On May 10, 2013
How do I send forms to KCC via email? I heard I could save $40 doing that, how?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 2:23pm On May 10, 2013
piku12: How do I send forms to KCC via email? I heard I could save $40 doing that, how?

Check DV 2014 Winners Meet Here thread. You question has been answered.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tosmy(m): 2:26pm On May 10, 2013
Tassembly: urgent reply is needed for a bro who has gotten his visa in nigeria,we want to know if he can enter through any point of entry,the envelope given to him ,they wrote illinois,but they didnt state if that is point of entry.
u can go tru any P.O.E but make ssure u give immigration officer@point of entry the correct address u are aheading to hope this help..........double portion
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tosmy(m): 2:30pm On May 10, 2013
tomnjerry7: Good day house, jjc on this forum..lol lucky winner 2013 lottery am traveling soon but there have been change of mind where I will be staying. I already paid the $165 immigrant fee. Instead of CA am going to Texas can I get my green card posted to my Texas address? Any problem changing my P.O.E too Pls guide me. Thanks!
no P bro but make sure u give D correct add of where u are heading to the immigration officer@the point of entry.........double portion
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adelegan1: 2:58pm On May 10, 2013
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 3:32pm On May 10, 2013
Trezeget: i boarded united airline

10x Trezeget 4 the info...ok u mean, u board airline traight to indianapolis? Which one is more ok btw return ticket nd one wey ticket man? Cuzz I'm comin down to indiana soonest by God's grace.

(1) (2) (3) ... (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.