Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,254 members, 7,829,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (726) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (922824 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 3:50pm On May 14, 2013
Yemmyc2012: Good morning all,yesterday was the happiest day I ve ever witnessed in life as d good Lord granted us(me,husband and less than 5months old boy)d American visa exactly on our 1year wedding anniversary.we were interviewed by a skinny white guy @ window 15.The conversatio goes thus:
C O - gud morning
Me. -gud morning
(D usual thumprint n swearing of oath follows).
C O. -wat s ur highest level of edu
Me. -Hnd Est Mgt
C O. -from wic institution is dat
Me. -The polytechnic ibadan
C O. -wat year did u graduate?
Me. -2008
C O. -when and where did u meet ur husband?
Me. -2008 and told him how we meet
C O. -did u have any traditional wedding apart frm d registry?
Me. -yes
C O. Did u have ur wedding album here?
Me. -Yes(I asked him if I could do d introduction and he said yes.I started mentioing names of pple in d album until he told me 2 stop).
C O -wen did u have ur baby?
Me. -24/12/12
C O -was ur husband der wen u delivered?
Me. -No, coz I delivered early in d morning like 3:40am
C. O-I mean was he @ d hospital wen u delivered?
ME. -No,he came in d morning wen I ve delivered buh we got 2 d hospital 2geda d previous night b4 he left.
He later said I shld go and sit down and call him my husband.He asked him d same questions wic he answered correctly.I was later called and der he approved VISA for d 3 of us.
Its indeed God's wish coz on sunday,ma hubby's friend connected us wit sumbdy to help us to lagos.on getting to lagos we told him we ll drop @ obalende to secure accommodation.The man immediately offered us a room in his 2 bedroom flat @ gbagada phase II and promised 2 drop us @ d embassy as early as possible wic he did.
Though we had 10am appointment buh we got 2 d embassy as early as 5:50am.pls ensure u get to d embassy @ least 2hrs ahead and adhere to all instructions.we were first called @ 8am as against d 10am on our appt buh we were delayed by dos who refused to open der medical envelopes b4 den.so,we were turned back and was told to wait till our time while some entered.
We are very grateful to all in d forum 4 contributions n past interview xperiences we gattered here helped a lot.Catch ya all in US.

Congratulations guy. Welcome to America.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 3:52pm On May 14, 2013
@yemmy; Congrats!
@mercy; Congrats!
ALL THANKS BE TO GOD!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by virginofafrica(m): 4:10pm On May 14, 2013
ernestleon: Wrong
am 19 and i am selected so that is not a factor
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by virginofafrica(m): 4:13pm On May 14, 2013
[quote author=Gentiger]

Congratulations guy. Welcome to America. [/quote thank you for posting your interview for us to learn from. i really do apprichate.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 4:17pm On May 14, 2013
AN UPDATE ON SCHOOLING IN THE US.

I need to draw your attention to some facts I left out of the last publication vis-a-vis schooling in America the easy way. Now you can have it all.

When filling out your FAFSA form online, always specify your least education qualifications (O'levels) as your highest attained education status. The truth is this, that's all was required in the first place to get your visa. Your graduate and post graduate degree is of little consequence. Now why do this? If you fill you have graduated from college /University, automatically the payable sum in grant and loans are reduced to the least minimum.and the interest on loan could become changeable to your detriment. PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THIS.

Again you will be asked the highest education level attained by your parents. Please specify Jnr. High. This is about the least education level in the US. Why do this? It's to show your parents are not gainfully employed and incapable of sponsoring you through school. If you fill that your parents are graduates, again your benefits are slashed to the barest minimum.

Finally on this, you cannot access your grant or loan from the government without filling out the Selective Service form online. Every male below 26 years of age must fill out the form online to show a desire to join the military or otherwise. You will be denied a lot of benefits if you don't, including grants from the government and loans too. If you're above 26 years of age as a male, on the website which I will supply shortly, you must download the appropriate form, fill and send by regular post to the specified address. Now go to this website to begin:

www.sss.gov

Expect my next publications on landing your dream job in the States soon, with all the juicy details on necessary licensing and certification.

Happy stay in the USA for those who are already here. For those still awaiting interview or selection, I wish you success.

Gentiger signing off from Los Angeles, CA.

8 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaygee1977: 4:17pm On May 14, 2013
Mr Justwise...I really don't want backdoor...I want official...my last experience with npc @ 5k is the factor that prompts my help seek. I am hoping to find someone to give me a contact that won't break my neck with bills...u think I want to pay a dime more than the official. Please, there is no harm in me asking for help but please do not be rude with ur response. You don't need to hate anyone. I am sure there was a time you were naïve and excited about ur preparation too. I will really appreaciate anyone else to help. Thank you.
justwise:

https://www.nairaland.com/266144/anyone-tell-me-how-get/9

I hate it when people start dropping number here for 'contacts'. Why not do this yourself? Why do we love to go through backdoor, pay more than the official asking price?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by engyadewale(m): 4:28pm On May 14, 2013
MERCY2013: MY GOD have succesfuly finished what he started with mercy,favour and grace. I had a succesful interview 2day. Details coming shortly. Thank you GOD
MERCY2013, I rejoice with you dearie. Honestly, I can imagine the way you're feeling right now.............lolz. And it can only be God Almighty who has done such great thing in your life. I congratulate you and whole-heartedly rejoice with you. Congrats!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by engyadewale(m): 4:36pm On May 14, 2013
Yemmyc2012: Good morning all,yesterday was the happiest day I ve ever witnessed in life as d good Lord granted us(me,husband and less than 5months old boy)d American visa exactly on our 1year wedding anniversary.we were interviewed by a skinny white guy @ window 15.The conversatio goes thus:
C O - gud morning
Me. -gud morning
(D usual thumprint n swearing of oath follows).
C O. -wat s ur highest level of edu
Me. -Hnd Est Mgt
C O. -from wic institution is dat
Me. -The polytechnic ibadan
C O. -wat year did u graduate?
Me. -2008
C O. -when and where did u meet ur husband?
Me. -2008 and told him how we meet
C O. -did u have any traditional wedding apart frm d registry?
Me. -yes
C O. Did u have ur wedding album here?
Me. -Yes(I asked him if I could do d introduction and he said yes.I started mentioing names of pple in d album until he told me 2 stop).
C O -wen did u have ur baby?
Me. -24/12/12
C O -was ur husband der wen u delivered?
Me. -No, coz I delivered early in d morning like 3:40am
C. O-I mean was he @ d hospital wen u delivered?
ME. -No,he came in d morning wen I ve delivered buh we got 2 d hospital 2geda d previous night b4 he left.
He later said I shld go and sit down and call him my husband.He asked him d same questions wic he answered correctly.I was later called and der he approved VISA for d 3 of us.
Its indeed God's wish coz on sunday,ma hubby's friend connected us wit sumbdy to help us to lagos.on getting to lagos we told him we ll drop @ obalende to secure accommodation.The man immediately offered us a room in his 2 bedroom flat @ gbagada phase II and promised 2 drop us @ d embassy as early as possible wic he did.
Though we had 10am appointment buh we got 2 d embassy as early as 5:50am.pls ensure u get to d embassy @ least 2hrs ahead and adhere to all instructions.we were first called @ 8am as against d 10am on our appt buh we were delayed by dos who refused to open der medical envelopes b4 den.so,we were turned back and was told to wait till our time while some entered.
We are very grateful to all in d forum 4 contributions n past interview xperiences we gattered here helped a lot.Catch ya all in US.
Congratulations to you, yemmyc2012. God would see you and your family through to the United States of America, the land of all possibilities............lolz
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Seguneji(m): 4:47pm On May 14, 2013
@ Yusmash00, how much does it cost to send your form thur EMS and how long did it take before it got to KCC
@ pjogutum1, is it my passport i shld send or my forms
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 4:52pm On May 14, 2013
MERCY2013: MY GOD have succesfuly finished what he started with mercy,favour and grace. I had a succesful interview 2day. Details coming shortly. Thank you GOD

Congrats!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 4:59pm On May 14, 2013
Amefrica:

Really ?
yeah because I won after my 2nd trial and I'm below 20 so you are wrong.My cousin was 17 when he won in 2008 and funny enough he wasn't having an O level cert
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missbelle: 5:00pm On May 14, 2013
Hello house, pls when doing ur medicals, do d medical examine have to sign a form from the dv lottery site. Cos I just went 2 dv site & saw a form the medical examiner needs 2 sign. Urgent reply
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by engyadewale(m): 5:02pm On May 14, 2013
Gentiger: AN UPDATE ON SCHOOLING IN THE US.

I need to draw your attention to some facts I left out of the last publication vis-a-vis schooling in America the easy way. Now you can have it all.

When filling out your FAFSA form online, always specify your least education qualifications (O'levels) as your highest attained education status. The truth is this, that's all was required in the first place to get your visa. Your graduate and post graduate degree is of little consequence. Now why do this? If you fill you have graduated from college /University, automatically the payable sum in grant and loans are reduced to the least minimum.and the interest on loan could become changeable to your detriment. PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THIS.

Again you will be asked the highest education level attained by your parents. Please specify Jnr. High. This is about the least education level in the US. Why do this? It's to show your parents are not gainfully employed and incapable of sponsoring you through school. If you fill that your parents are graduates, again your benefits are slashed to the barest minimum.

Finally on this, you cannot access your grant or loan from the government without filling out the Selective Service form online. Every male below 26 years of age must fill out the form online to show a desire to join the military or otherwise. You will be denied a lot of benefits if you don't, including grants from the government and loans too. If you're above 26 years of age as a male, on the website which I will supply shortly, you must download the appropriate form, fill and send by regular post to the specified address. Now go to this website to begin:

www.sss.gov

Expect my next publications on landing your dream job in the States soon, with all the juicy details on necessary licensing and certification.

Happy stay in the USA for those who are already here. For those still awaiting interview or selection, I wish you success.

Gentiger signing off from Los Angeles, CA.
I sincerely love this info. Gentiger, you are indeed rendering unimaginable succour to members of this fabulous forum. You are, of a truth, a fabulous member, Gentiger and I salute your goodwill.
I want to know if there is anything one can do in Nigeria in connection with schooling in USA before one finally leaves Nigeria for USA or is it that all processes must be started there in USA when one gets there?
Many thanks Gentiger
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 5:05pm On May 14, 2013
virginofafrica: am 19 and i am selected so that is not a factor
Are you telling me that? You should be saying it to amefrica.I was only telling him that he was wrong
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tolubillion: 5:06pm On May 14, 2013
Hello house want to know how to get to eleke in VI where usa embassy is.can i found any hotel around dis place becos am comin frm ogun state
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 5:36pm On May 14, 2013
engyadewale:
I sincerely love this info. Gentiger, you are indeed rendering unimaginable succour to members of this fabulous forum. You are, of a truth, a fabulous member, Gentiger and I salute your goodwill.
I want to know if there is anything one can do in Nigeria in connection with schooling in USA before one finally leaves Nigeria for USA or is it that all processes must be started there in USA when one gets there?
Many thanks Gentiger

Since you don't have your SSN and alien registration number (Printed in front of your green card) yet, you can't start these application now. What you can start doing now is to process your transcript and send to any accredited credential evaluation service provider. You can't afford to wait till you get here to begin this process.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 5:44pm On May 14, 2013
Affidavit of support is making me go mad.I was told here I don't need it but someone else told me I need it and that it's compulsory.Or is it that I will be having my interview in Italy? Please I need advice.Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 6:16pm On May 14, 2013
kaygee1977: Mr Justwise...I really don't want backdoor...I want official...my last experience with npc @ 5k is the factor that prompts my help seek. I am hoping to find someone to give me a contact that won't break my neck with bills...u think I want to pay a dime more than the official. Please, there is no harm in me asking for help but please do not be rude with ur response. You don't need to hate anyone. I am sure there was a time you were naïve and excited about ur preparation too. I will really appreaciate anyone else to help. Thank you.

what was rude and hatred about my question?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Husmern(m): 6:56pm On May 14, 2013
Gentiger:

Since you don't have your SSN and alien registration number (Printed in front of your green card) yet, you can't start these application now. What you can start doing now is to process your transcript and send to any accredited credential evaluation service provider. You can't afford to wait till you get here to begin this process.
pls can u giv us any link concerning dt of accredited credential evaluation service provider.....thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by virginofafrica(m): 7:00pm On May 14, 2013
ernestleon: Are you telling me that? You should be saying it to amefrica.I was only telling him that he was wrong
not you but amefrica
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Samimo: 7:16pm On May 14, 2013
Husmern:
pls can u giv us any link concerning dt of accredited credential evaluation service provider.....thanks
check www.wes.org also google International Consultants of Delaware. Both have evaluated my credentials but WES was more promp. Hope that helps
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Husmern(m): 7:23pm On May 14, 2013
Samimo: check www.wes.org also google International Consultants of Delaware. Both have evaluated my credentials but WES was more promp. Hope that helps
thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:34pm On May 14, 2013
Husmern:

There are many. This one is very popular here in the States:

www.wes. org
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by penticom: 7:44pm On May 14, 2013
pls house, i need ur help. my wife passport is still with immigration in abuja, because she need to change her maiden name to d one in marriage certificate, since 3wks ago now, she is still waitin for photograph capturing. we have not did our medical test n police certificate, because we will need our passport data page. our interview is next week thursday. what can i do? is it possibile to change interview date? how can change it n is it advisable to do it?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by MERCY2013: 7:55pm On May 14, 2013
My interview experience

CO.. Gudafternoon
Me.. Gudafternoon
Me.. Hw as ur day bin
CO.. Fine thank you
Me.. U re welcome
CO.. What's ur highest level of education.
Me.. Bsc in computer sci.
CO.. What's ur project topic
Me.. I told him.
CO.. Explain it ?
Me.. I did
CO.. When did u graduate.
Me.. 2008
CO.. What hav you bin doing since den?
Me.. I told him.
CO.. Hav u ever applied for USA visa?
Me.. No
CO.. Are u married?
Me.. Am single
CO.. Do u hav children?
Me.. Smile NO
Congratulation I will approve ur visa.I witnessed 3 visa denial,couples were favored today.the female CO at window16 granted a visa within 2min.
I appreciate d ever gracious GOD for he complited wat he started. Tycoon Temmy,Adesoji,Gentiger,Neroxp,Femsoj,Adeyemi,Edimop,Roodboy,ihasky tanks for ur support.

4 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Izyy: 8:04pm On May 14, 2013
congratulation MERCY
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edimop: 8:06pm On May 14, 2013
MERCY2013: My interview experience

CO.. Gudafternoon
Me.. Gudafternoon
Me.. Hw as ur day bin
CO.. Fine thank you
Me.. U re welcome
Me.. I told him.
CO.. Explain it ?
Me.. I did
Me.. 2008
Me.. I told him.
Me.. No
CO.. Are u married?
Me.. Am single
CO.. Do u hav children?
Me.. Smile NO
Congratulation I will approve ur visa.I witnessed 3 visa denial,couples were favored today.the female CO at window16 granted a visa within 2min.
I appreciate d ever gracious GOD for he complited wat he started. Tycoon Temmy,Adesoji,Gentiger,Neroxp,Femsoj,Adeyemi,Edimop,Roodboy,ihasky tanks for ur support.
congrat bro...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:07pm On May 14, 2013

CO.. Gudafternoon
Me.. Gudafternoon
Me.. Hw as ur day bin
CO.. Fine thank you
Me.. U re welcome
Me.. I told him.
CO.. Explain it ?
Me.. I did
Me.. 2008
Me.. I told him.
Me.. No
CO.. Are u married?
Me.. Am single
CO.. Do u hav children?
Me.. Smile NO

Congratulations!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lhasky007: 8:09pm On May 14, 2013

CO.. Gudafternoon
Me.. Gudafternoon
Me.. Hw as ur day bin
CO.. Fine thank you
Me.. U re welcome
Me.. I told him.
CO.. Explain it ?
Me.. I did
Me.. 2008
Me.. I told him.
Me.. No
CO.. Are u married?
Me.. Am single
CO.. Do u hav children?
Me.. Smile NO
congratulation bro. So api for u. Go n live d american dream
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missbelle: 8:51pm On May 14, 2013
missbelle: Hello house, pls when doing ur medicals, do d medical examine have to sign a form from the dv lottery site. Cos I just went 2 dv site & saw a form the medical examiner needs 2 sign. Urgent reply

Pls some1 shuud answer me
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 8:55pm On May 14, 2013

CO.. Gudafternoon
Me.. Gudafternoon
Me.. Hw as ur day bin
CO.. Fine thank you
Me.. U re welcome
Me.. I told him.
CO.. Explain it ?
Me.. I did
Me.. 2008
Me.. I told him.
Me.. No
CO.. Are u married?
Me.. Am single
CO.. Do u hav children?
Me.. Smile NO
Congratulation..
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 8:56pm On May 14, 2013
Seguneji: @ Yusmash00, how much does it cost to send your form thur EMS and how long did it take before it got to KCC
@ pjogutum1, is it my passport i shld send or my forms
#7500 and will get there in 10working days. You will see the tracking number on the waybill.

(1) (2) (3) ... (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.