Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,012 members, 7,835,433 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (723) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (923404 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 8:46am On May 13, 2013
@house, all selectees from Nigeria should be ready to get current in the next visa bulletin since the other African countries have taken their turn. We have been patience enough so this is our turn and may God give those who are yet to get current the ability to wait and perfect everything for them IJN Amen.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 8:48am On May 13, 2013
@tundemalik: come June you will not only be happy but God will give you the financial break through to meet all requirement, it is well my brother.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 8:58am On May 13, 2013
Congratulations to all those that are selected for the 2014 dv, please feel free to ask questions on whatever thing or questions in ds form 122 and 230 you don’t understand. Nobody knows it all we are all learners.
1. Remember to always start your name the way it appeared in your original selection.
2. Don’t forget that official documents always start with your Surname.
3. Always start educational qualification with your highest.
4. Median names is your wife’s family name
I will take time to answer the specimen questions on the forms and publish them on this thread by tomorrow hope that will help remove some of the confusion we are having in filling the forms.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edimop: 9:02am On May 13, 2013
pjogutum1: @house, all selectees from Nigeria should be ready to get current in the next visa bulletin since the other African countries have taken their turn. We have been patience enough so this is our turn and may God give those who are yet to get current the ability to wait and perfect everything for them IJN Amen.
amen and I claim t ijn
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tosmy(m): 9:10am On May 13, 2013
usef83: gud mornin,my fello forumites..havin gfoten d new npc long version irth certificate on d interview date can i go together wit d short one i have..pls ur advice is urgently needed..thanx.
ur writen is not clear bro,u mean u forgt ur long NPC birth cert,@the embassy on iterview day?or u mean u lost it?
2.The short onee that u have with u is it frm NPC and is ur full name,date of birthday,ur parent name apear on it?if u have all this on it u are good to go.
3.I have to Say this NPC birth cert is not mandatory if u have ur normal birth certificate that ur parent received on ur delivary time,because that is what my host use during his interview 9 years ago also. To me and my wife is only my child that use the NPC cert because that is what they isue on her delivary time.....I wish u guy success........faith work wonders
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 9:57am On May 13, 2013
@ house, please how long does it take Usually for the 2nd notification letter to drop after one is current? And is it advisable to start processing before the letter drops? Thanks.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ManTiger(m): 10:03am On May 13, 2013
pjogutum1: @ManTiger: come June you will not only be happy but God will give you the financial break through to meet all requirement, it is well my brother.
Thanks so much... I claim it.*winks*
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 10:52am On May 13, 2013
rood boy:

Hmmmmmmmm...Tiwanna Big ma ma, I'm happy 2 c u here o cuzz its was belong u av comment or post here, No p...fine I're understand why u r not post or comment here buh me Rooooodboy jst dey happy dat u throw hand here 2day...Tiwanna omo ti o komon...lolzz.

Thank you dear!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 10:53am On May 13, 2013
Chuck87: @ house, please how long does it take Usually for the 2nd notification letter to drop after one is current? And is it advisable to start processing before the letter drops? Thanks.

2weeks tyme...apart ur medical & police report, u can do the rest ok..@lease ur medical & police report u can do it 2 or 3weeks to ur intview.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 11:04am On May 13, 2013
My HND statement of result is still not out yet, should I include the HND in my form as part of my qualification, cos I already filled it while playing the lottery? Again, how long will it take for KCC to reply and give interview date?
who is the petitioner and what is the address telephone number and email address?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 11:35am On May 13, 2013
FOR DV 2014 SELECTEES Forms DSP 122. Kindly follow this pattern and ask questions.

1. NAME (Last Name) (First Name) (Middle Name)
Question three is straightforward.

2. RANK ORDER NUMBER (case number on envelope)
This is the case number on your first notification letter (1NL) eg 20142AF00017XXX

3. CURRENT MAILING ADDRESS (Address at which you receive your mail. Give any change of mailing address here.) Telephone Number (Optional):

This is the possible place you reside or receive surface letters.
4. NAME OF UNITED STATES IMMIGRANT VISA ISSUING CONSULAR OFFICE TO WHICH YOUR VISA APPLICATION SHOULD BE SENT.

For Nigerians, it is Lagos

5. NATIVE COUNTRY AND ALTERNATE FOREIGN STATE CHARGEABILITY

Nigeria but if your wife is from another country you can choose that if the country is eligible for dv visa.

6. EDUCATION

Please start with your highest level of education if you are a masters degree holder choose (Advanced Degree)

7. WORK EXPERIENCE

If you answer yes, state the work title and job description that you have been involved in for the past five years briefly eg.

Work title: IT helpdesk analyst

Job describtion: resolving customer problem, doing backups, restoring data, reimaging and upgrading systems etc. then wirte the names and address of your employer.

Remember to sign and date your forms. Hope this helps? DSP 230 COMING SOON.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 11:41am On May 13, 2013
Kevwe flex
My HND statement of result is still not out yet, should I include the HND in my form as part of my qualification, cos I already filled it while playing the lottery? Again, how long will it take for KCC to reply and give interview date?
who is the petitioner and what is the address telephone number and email address?

Yes, include it. But you will need to get a letter of attestation from your head of department or your school registrar during your interview assuming your result is not ready during your interview.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 11:44am On May 13, 2013
@Chuck87: @ house, please how long does it take Usually for the 2nd notification letter to drop after one is current? And is it advisable to start processing before the letter drops? Thanks.

Relax my brother from now till month ending I am in the same shoe as you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 11:52am On May 13, 2013
@YessWeeCan: I will advice you to continue with the processing, you have not committed any crime by so doing. The only thing that changes in your profile is marital status which is understandable, if you are ask why, say you did that to show commitments to your wife and seriousness to her parents. this will have no effect on your current status, afterall they select you for the second time you do not select yourself.
If atall they decide not to isue the visa, this way you have help ease the process when filling for her and her kids in the nearest future

@Seal777: if you follow the above advice you will run yourself into trouble, you don’t have any chance forget it since you are already a green card holder. Kindly follow the normal way and apply for your wife its better that she will be coming late than for you to be returned back to Nigeria. Kindly read the instruction on how to apply for spouse, the rule is very clear.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 11:54am On May 13, 2013
tosmy :
ur writen is not clear bro,u mean u forgt ur long NPC birth cert,@the embassy on iterview day?or u mean u lost it?
2.The short onee that u have with u is it frm NPC and is ur full name,date of birthday,ur parent name apear on it?if u have all this on it u are good to go.
3.I have to Say this NPC birth cert is not mandatory if u have ur normal birth certificate that ur parent received on ur delivary time,because that is what my host use during his interview 9 years ago also. To me and my wife is only my child that use the NPC cert because that is what they isue on her delivary time.....I wish u guy success........faith work wonders

Please read this as it will help you.
Each applicant will need to obtain an original birth certificate issued by the official custodian of birth records in the country of birth, showing the date and place of birth and the parentage of the applicant, based upon the original registration of birth. Submit to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate at your interview. Important Notice: All Immigrant Visa applicants must submit a long form original birth certificate. Short form birth certificates will not be accepted.

The certificate must contain the:

Person's date of birth;
Person's place of birth;
Names of both parents; and,
Annotation by the appropriate authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records.
it's from this link http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4760.html

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 11:57am On May 13, 2013
pjogutum1: Kevwe flex

Yes, include it. But you will need to get a letter of attestation from your head of department or your school registrar during your interview assuming your result is not ready during your interview.

oh thanks. This is a life saver.
Who is the petitioner and what is the full address, fone and email?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by doctorp76(m): 12:06pm On May 13, 2013
This is doctorp76 reporting live from new York, USA thank God for save journey!

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by usef83: 12:18pm On May 13, 2013
@tomsy thanx n God bless us all..i mean i jus did d long npc birth cert. i neva knew is not mandatory.but all d same thanx once for ur quick respond...peace.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 1:10pm On May 13, 2013

@Kevwe: the Petitioner is the principle applicant that won the dv lottery if it is you then you are the petitioner. Address is your own address, your email and your phone number. Hope this helps
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 1:26pm On May 13, 2013
for all dv 2014 selectees yet to fill their forms ds 230 please kindly follow the example at this website http://blog.aperso.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/DS-2302.pdf don't copy the person's name and address oh!

DS FORM 230.

for question 2 on the form,If you are married please include your wife’s original name given by her parents. If you changed your name or there is a mistake on your name which you have been bearing and is contained in your certificate include it in your own form. Note this does not replace change of name affidavit and paper placement.
http://blog.aperso.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/DS-2302.pdf

if you have anyother questions apart from this feel free to ask.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 2:01pm On May 13, 2013
kevwe_flex:

You are the petitioner (Principal/Primary Applicant)
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by YessWeeCan(m): 2:18pm On May 13, 2013
pjogutum1:

@Seal777: if you follow the above advice you will run yourself into trouble, you don’t have any chance forget it since you are already a green card holder. Kindly follow the normal way and apply for your wife its better that she will be coming late than for you to be returned back to Nigeria. Kindly read the instruction on how to apply for spouse, the rule is very clear.

I don't mean to make any argument, but i think you have not explain to him in details why he'll be returned back to nigeria. This will help him arrive at a better conclusion.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Husmern(m): 2:43pm On May 13, 2013
pjogutum1: Congratulations to all those that are selected for the 2014 dv, please feel free to ask questions on whatever thing or questions in ds form 122 and 230 you don’t understand. Nobody knows it all we are all learners.
1. Remember to always start your name the way it appeared in your original selection.
2. Don’t forget that official documents always start with your Surname.
3. Always start educational qualification with your highest.
4. Median names is your wife’s family name
I will take time to answer the specimen questions on the forms and publish them on this thread by tomorrow hope that will help remove some of the confusion we are having in filling the forms.
quite sm time baba mi...hop all is well 4 ur side thr? 10ks 4 d other time....ur candid advice
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by biggie1o2(m): 4:07pm On May 13, 2013
Good day forumites,
I would like to have some reasonable answers to this question. My friend is current for the month of july. But she is 1n 300level 2nd semester now and she wont be able to finish her schooling here b4 leaving. So she's looking at to options now, either she process her transcript from her sch here and complete her education ova there. But wat is d possibility that she would be able to continue where she stopped from here? or she goes to the US and do the necessary documentations, get her green card, SSN etc and come back to finish her sch here since she has ova a year left. Comin back i mean in terms of shuttling btw US and Nigeria while she completes her sch. I am aware she cant stay more than 6months outside the US. So which of the options is beta for her situation now. She needs advice
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaygee1977: 5:22pm On May 13, 2013
Dear all...good evening. Did my npc today...was told 8k for 3 days...really don't understand it...it is so nasty how corruption is getting very fat. Please, can anyone give me contact for the police records so that I am not ripped off...how much it is and the requirements. Thank you. God bless us all.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 5:29pm On May 13, 2013
Pls house someone told me NPC is just for people born before 1992 how true is that?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 6:06pm On May 13, 2013
pjogutum1: oh thanks. This is a life saver.

@Kevwe: the Petitioner is the principle applicant that won the dv lottery if it is you then you are the petitioner. Address is your own address, your email and your phone number. Hope this helps

Sure. thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by virginofafrica(m): 6:06pm On May 13, 2013
kevwe_flex:

from my dictionary a petitioner is one who is asking for something. so from my understanding you are the petitioner. so you can put your name . your address and your phone number there.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 6:08pm On May 13, 2013
kaygee1977: Dear all...good evening. Did my npc today...was told 8k for 3 days...really don't understand it...it is so nasty how corruption is getting very fat. Please, can anyone give me contact for the police records so that I am not ripped off...how much it is and the requirements. Thank you. God bless us all.

I just did mine. I paid N100 each. that is my spouse and I. And I collected sharp sharp, as in instantly after it was signed.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 6:10pm On May 13, 2013
biggie1o2: Good day forumites,
I would like to have some reasonable answers to this question. My friend is current for the month of july. But she is 1n 300level 2nd semester now and she wont be able to finish her schooling here b4 leaving. So she's looking at to options now, either she process her transcript from her sch here and complete her education ova there. But wat is d possibility that she would be able to continue where she stopped from here? or she goes to the US and do the necessary documentations, get her green card, SSN etc and come back to finish her sch here since she has ova a year left. Comin back i mean in terms of shuttling btw US and Nigeria while she completes her sch. I am aware she cant stay more than 6months outside the US. So which of the options is beta for her situation now. She needs advice

Well I will advise that she forgets about the school completely. Do you think they even value our certs. Let her just start all over there. If she can do nursing, better.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaygee1977: 6:33pm On May 13, 2013
Did you do npc @ Babs Animashaun for N100? I don't understand. Was asked to come on wednesday @ 5k
kevwe_flex:

I just did mine. I paid N100 each. that is my spouse and I. And I collected sharp sharp, as in instantly after it was signed.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 6:45pm On May 13, 2013
biggie1o2: Good day forumites,

A friend of mine was in same shoes, he was in 300 level when he got his. He finished his degree program and even served. He just made sure he was never out of the US for more than the stipulated time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) ... (869) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.