Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (836) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (920207 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) (838) (839) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 03, 2013
kevwe_flex:

If he is doing Adjustment of Status, he does not need to come back to Nigeria to process it. He comes only if he is doing Consular Processing which I don't think it would be applicable to him should his student visa be successful.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS
The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) permits the change of an individual's immigration status while in the United States from nonimmigrant or parolee (temporary) to immigrant (permanent) if the individual was inspected and admitted or paroled into the United States and is able to meet all required qualifications for a green card (permanent residence) in a particular category. The common term for a change to permanent status is “adjustment of status.” The INA provides an individual two primary paths to permanent resident status. Adjustment of status is the process by which an eligible individual already in the United States can get permanent resident status (a green card) without having to return to their home country to complete visa processing. Consular processing is an alternate process for an individual outside the United States (or who is in the United States but is ineligible to adjust status) to obtain a visa abroad and enter the United States as a permanent resident) This pathway is referred to as “consular processing”

WOW. Thanks for this info.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by abikyshow: 3:19pm On Sep 03, 2013
pls, do I need transit visa to fly British airways with America visa? pls respond
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 3:45pm On Sep 03, 2013
babbs45:

You probably misread my post. How different is what you're saying from what I said?

Does he need to come back to Nigeria to process it?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by abikyshow: 4:07pm On Sep 03, 2013
forumites, I wanna ask if flying British airways from Nigeria to US would require a transit visa. please I need urgent response.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by babbs45: 4:18pm On Sep 03, 2013
kevwe_flex:

Does he need to come back to Nigeria to process it?

But I never said in my post that he needs to come to nigerian, if he happens to win the dv. He can adjust his status so far as he's a student. Exactly what I said in my post.

I mentioned consular processing in my other post answering a question about ILLEGAL immigrants who win the dv lottery. Since they're out of status, they are advice to go process their application from their respective countries. And their chances of getting the visa is slim because they broke the law.

Two different post, copy?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Freshie: 4:42pm On Sep 03, 2013
Visas for my wife and I picked up at the DHL office today. Now we wait for our baby's arrival. God is still an awesome God! grin
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 4:52pm On Sep 03, 2013
genlion: pls can some refer me to a registered bureau de change who does nt engage in 419 tins

There are two registered bureau de change at the MMA 2 Ikeja. One is SULAH and the other one is MORNYLINK. Have a great day.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 6:05pm On Sep 03, 2013
Freshie: Visas for my wife and I picked up at the DHL office today. Now we wait for our baby's arrival. God is still an awesome God! grin

Congrats bro.
Pls I will like to know the cost of MEDICAL for your pregnant wife before interview.
Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 6:27pm On Sep 03, 2013
babbs45:

But I never said in my post that he needs to come to nigerian, if he happens to win the dv. He can adjust his status so far as he's a student. Exactly what I said in my post.

I mentioned consular processing in my other post answering a question about ILLEGAL immigrants who win the dv lottery. Since they're out of status, they are advice to go process their application from their respective countries. And their chances of getting the visa is slim because they broke the law.

Two different post, copy?

babbs45:

Proceed with your student visa application. And if you happen to win the dv lottery and you are in the state, you'll not need to go back to Nigerian to continue the process. You'll take the adjustment of status route. So it is going to be a win win situation for you. All the best.

Ok sorry. I thought you were the one that said that. Don't be angry. I don't mean it that way. We are all learning and here to correct ourselves.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 8:02pm On Sep 03, 2013
Leripa:

There are two registered bureau de change at the MMA 2 Ikeja. One is SULAH and the other one is MORNYLINK. Have a great day.
. Hope dey r reliable?? Tank you leripa
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 9:24pm On Sep 03, 2013
genlion: pls can some refer me to a registered bureau de change who does nt engage in 419 tins

If u are banking wit first bank, is beta u go on dere an change it! Good n ok...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 9:25pm On Sep 03, 2013

If u are banking wit first bank, is beta u go on dere an change it! Good n ok.....
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaygee1977: 1:46am On Sep 04, 2013
He doesn’t need to go but your mum must give his reason to the consular. Simple.
Darhmee:

Yea she included his name in the form. So you mean my dad needs to do all the police report, medical test, even pay the visa fee even though he wont be traveling with us? Or he only needs to show up at the embassy/interview center on the day of our interview?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaygee1977: 1:47am On Sep 04, 2013
To God be the glory...I arrived in New York. Safe and sound.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Freshie: 8:09am On Sep 04, 2013
Obatide:

Congrats bro.
Pls I will like to know the cost of MEDICAL for your pregnant wife before interview.
Thanks

Thanks. It cost 12.8k, I think that's the basic fee without any vaccines. She didn't take any vaccines because we had her antenatal card that showed she already took two TT vaccines
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Freshie: 8:09am On Sep 04, 2013
kaygee1977: To God be the glory...I arrived in New York. Safe and sound.

Cool. God be praised! grin
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 8:20am On Sep 04, 2013
Freshie:

Thanks. It cost 12.8k, I think that's the basic fee without any vaccines. She didn't take any vaccines because we had her antenatal card that showed she already took two TT vaccines

Thank you.
Pls explain the 12.8k.
(12,800 naira or what sir?)
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Freshie: 9:52am On Sep 04, 2013
Obatide:

Thank you.
Pls explain the 12.8k.
(12,800 naira or what sir?)
Yes, 12,800 naira
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 1:00pm On Sep 04, 2013
Congratulations to all my E-family members that got their visas approved recently, and for the last batch to go for interview, God is on the throne to favor you. Twenty six (26) days to the countdown for DV 2013 fiscal year. Remember, this is injury time. Truth is always preferred lie will need more lies to support it which is not the best, but truth stands alone be careful. I love you all, Corona Court Casablanca, CA loading.. We all meet in the US of A, soon we will be switching to DV 2014 thread. Thanks and God bless you all.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by candytos: 1:55pm On Sep 04, 2013
Hi House,
Tomorrow is my family's interview and I believe our visas are already issued IJMN amen. I will be giving all our testimonies by this time tomorrow IJN amen. Please how many photocopies of our documents do we need to take with us and do we need the high court affidavit along with our NPC birth attestations.
Thank u all for ur prompt response and I wish every other member of dv2013 still awaiting their interviews a resounding success IJMN amen. See u in USA.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 3:06pm On Sep 04, 2013
I wish everybody in the house new successful month and may the Lord almight give us our hearth desire in Jesus name. Amen
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 3:08pm On Sep 04, 2013
candytos: Hi House,
Tomorrow is my family's interview and I believe our visas are already issued IJMN amen. I will be giving all our testimonies by this time tomorrow IJN amen. Please how many photocopies of our documents do we need to take with us and do we need the high court affidavit along with our NPC birth attestations.
Thank u all for ur prompt response and I wish every other member of dv2013 still awaiting their interviews a resounding success IJMN amen. See u in USA.

I wish you and your family successful interview in Jesus name.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by candytos: 3:24pm On Sep 04, 2013
remkay2012:

I wish you and your family successful interview in Jesus name.

Amen, thank you n wish u success in urs too if u av not already done it.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edimop: 6:25pm On Sep 04, 2013
Pls house,has any1 boarded air maroc?wats their air fare like to compare to Emirates...........jst hoping for d best and cheaper @ d same tym.pls ur replies wil be high appreciate........

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Freshie: 6:27pm On Sep 04, 2013
candytos: Hi House,

Amen, go and grab your visas in Jesus' name. You will need only a copy each of your documents, but if you don't have photocopies, they will make for you. You don't need the affidavit, if it the one you did for your NPC birth certificate but if it is an affidavit for something like name correction on certificates etc, you will need to take it.

Come and give us gist tomorrow, your interview will be easy grin
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by babaajala: 7:06pm On Sep 04, 2013
edimop: Pls house,has any1 boarded air maroc?wats their air fare like to compare to Emirates...........jst hoping for d best and cheaper @ d same tym.pls ur replies wil be high appreciate........
try turkish airline. its usually cheap
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edimop: 7:11pm On Sep 04, 2013
baba ajala: try turkish airline. its usually cheap
do u hav any idea hw much a one way trip may go for?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edimop: 7:12pm On Sep 04, 2013
baba ajala: try turkish airline. its usually cheap
do u hav any idea hw much a one way trip may go for?and am thankful
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by babaajala: 7:33pm On Sep 04, 2013
edimop: do u hav any idea hw much a one way trip may go for?and am thankful
it should not be more than 150k now.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by candytos: 9:38pm On Sep 04, 2013
Freshie:

Amen, go and grab your visas in Jesus' name. You will need only a copy each of your documents, but if you don't have photocopies, they will make for you. You don't need the affidavit, if it the one you did for your NPC birth certificate but if it is an affidavit for something like name correction on certificates etc, you will need to take it.

Come and give us gist tomorrow, your interview will be easy grin

Amen. Thanks bro for ur response, I will by the grace of God testify on this forum as u n others have done IJN amen.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by faithman2020: 11:28pm On Sep 04, 2013
[/color]
abikyshow: forumites, I wanna ask if flying British airways from Nigeria to US would require a transit visa. please I need urgent response.

Nope.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by faithman2020: 11:35pm On Sep 04, 2013
[/color]
edimop: do u hav any idea hw much a one way trip may go for?

Visit Aeroland office @ Ikeja their airfares are Cheàp.Ask for qatar and ethihad.

(1) (2) (3) ... (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) (838) (839) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.